Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Opioids for Depression: poppy tea, buprenorphine, methadone, and now trying tianeptine

jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    I remember the first time taking a vicodin I had this euphoric release that for sure took me out of any depression I may have been going through related to me being in so much pain. I firmly believe opiates are definitely a mood enhancer and a good one at that. Now they will never be prescribed for it, but they sure did the trick. 15 years on them and other opiates I always felt great after taking them. I now only take subutex, and the feeling isn't quite the same. But none the less still gives me that mental kick that no other medications have ever been able to provide.
    Your experience supports my "theory" that some folks are just missing some chemical, or like Trampy says, we need a med that enhances "mu activity" to feel good. It seems too that it's a very specific "need." I've tried substituting alcohol or actually anything (different drugs) to replace what opiates do for me, and they just don't get the job done. You're right, they'll never prescribe it for that, but maybe the laws will finally change and let us decide for ourselves (maybe I'm dreaming.) Geez I sure would like to try methadone or subutex to see but I just can't stand the thought of giving control of this issue to another person, no matter how well intended...
    Helpful Stlgirl Rated helpful
    The cause of all suffering is attachment...

2. Well last week I finally tried suboxone. I went to a doctor who is certified to prescribe it and I told him I am an addict because I suffer from chronic migraines and headaches and opioids are prescribed to me. I was 100% honest. The next day I started taking it. Today we will have a follow up appointment because he needs to adjusts the dose.

Let me tell you, I have my life back. I don’t feel depression. I get the antidepressant from the opiates. I am sure the have antidepressant properties. I feel so free.
    @jaders I endorse suboxone. The problem is that there so many people who talk with hate about it. I think they hate it because they tried to go off it and it was hard. For me, I don’t think I will ever go off it. I am comfortable being on it for the rest of my life. Since I know now that I can get pain relief from it. Hell yes. All I want to do is be headache free and depression free. It seems that suboxone might just be the ticket.
    Helpful ludwig1961, Stevo1, jaders, surten, Stlgirl Rated helpful
    Likes 4renzicz, peppergirl, Carter liked this post

3. i have some real emotional believes on this whole opiate thing thats been going on------as one who always hated that THC feeling but tried it to deal with pain to get off opiates-----this only made me dislike pot more-------but despite my opinions i must admit then some have told me {only a few not alot}people said it helped with pain---ok we are different------but give me a pretty smelling poppy flower then that nasty skunk weed anytime--

listen-joebob-if subs give you a better life---cool-dont listen to the noise but listen to rational thinking that will bring you a real life----

ok after saying all the nice stuff allow me to dumb my garbage--------------i dont get it--------it has nothing to do with the government caring for you its all about the money------------heroin is not money in gov pocket but lets take those heroin people give them the much cheaper crap-"methadone" and tell
    all is good===mo money,mo,money for gov------
    s
    is not it funny i have been bombarded about teens overdosing but never read about or heard the hundreds of elderly,disabled,chronic pain patients who killed self because of being cut from pain meds-------i know of 6---------------i know of not one of these teens oding.

gee i wonder if a person loses the job of their life,income, and cant sit or stand without chronic pain may be depressed----------so they take pain meds away and give him a anti-d-------blew head off days later----

the thing is that nobody really cares we are controlled by companies who push lies that profit their pocket-FDA--script companies-but when i start talking about things i cant really do anything about its called----------------a script for depression---or so my therapist says---

listen atleast bring back those good ole pain meds and i say anyone over 65 has free amount------------------
    Helpful File Error 500, Stlgirl Rated helpful
    Likes jakemoe, jaders, ludwig1961, peppergirl liked this post

jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by File Error 500 View Post
    Well last week I finally tried suboxone. I went to a doctor who is certified to prescribe it and I told him I am an addict because I suffer from chronic migraines and headaches and opioids are prescribed to me. I was 100% honest. The next day I started taking it. Today we will have a follow up appointment because he needs to adjusts the dose.

Let me tell you, I have my life back. I don’t feel depression. I get the antidepressant from the opiates. I am sure the have antidepressant properties. I feel so free.
    @jaders I endorse suboxone. The problem is that there so many people who talk with hate about it. I think they hate it because they tried to go off it and it was hard. For me, I don’t think I will ever go off it. I am comfortable being on it for the rest of my life. Since I know now that I can get pain relief from it. Hell yes. All I want to do is be headache free and depression free. It seems that suboxone might just be the ticket.
    Can't wait to hear more about your journey with this @File Error 500. Gives me some optimism for the future anyway...
    Likes surten liked this post

seashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond repute
    seashells has a reputation beyond repute
    Ive got 25 yrs. of opioid abuse in my life..although the last 14yrs i have been on MMT, I know alot about this drug. Sub and tex...I know nothing about. I can tell you it changed my life for the better. Ive quit cold turkey 2xs off 160mg...its the most scariest thing I ever went through. I ve been on it so long I dont believe my body can function without it. I read what one of you paid..lol..Ive paid 350 a month to 480 a month depending on clinic Im in. Ive had monthly takes and ive went daily. Any questions Ill try to answer. Alot of people are in a MMT or on sub. Sub has became more popular these last 5 yrs. In todays world of Dr. and laws you cant have pain meds. like you could in the good ole days...600 pp a months easy. Im in the south east so Dr. was writing for $.
    Helpful jaders, File Error 500 Rated helpful

Quote Originally Posted by seashells View Post
    Ive got 25 yrs. of opioid abuse in my life..although the last 14yrs i have been on MMT, I know alot about this drug. Sub and tex...I know nothing about. I can tell you it changed my life for the better. Ive quit cold turkey 2xs off 160mg...its the most scariest thing I ever went through. I ve been on it so long I dont believe my body can function without it. I read what one of you paid..lol..Ive paid 350 a month to 480 a month depending on clinic Im in. Ive had monthly takes and ive went daily. Any questions Ill try to answer. Alot of people are in a MMT or on sub. Sub has became more popular these last 5 yrs. In todays world of Dr. and laws you cant have pain meds. like you could in the good ole days...600 pp a months easy. Im in the south east so Dr. was writing for $.
    I have to say I’d be more interested in trying mmt than the sub but as long as I can “self medicate” I will choose that just because i am completely stable if my effin’govt would leave me alone, and I do VERY POORLY with authority - but I certainly like hearing others experiences for sure...
    Likes seashells, File Error 500, Stlgirl liked this post

seashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by jaders View Post
    I have to say I’d be more interested in trying mmt than the sub but as long as I can “self medicate” I will choose that just because i am completely stable if my effin’govt would leave me alone, and I do VERY POORLY with authority - but I certainly like hearing others experiences for sure...
    You do poorly with authorities figures..lol..Im the queen on PR off problems esp. with LE , I went away for 2yrs...17yrs ago...MMT is not like that, or i wouldnt stay. If whats working for you works then stick with it. You gotta outway pros and cons...
    Likes jaders liked this post

8. Quote Originally Posted by jaders View Post
    I hear ya!

There is not that much different about sub to codeine. For me the high that I got from codeine or hydrocod stopped years ago. I don’t take it to get high. I just take it because of the daily headache pain and depression.

It is so messed up. The doctors will not prescribe enough pain pills, but if you say your an addict they will quickly write you a sub prescription. If that is how I have to treat my migraines by saying I am an addict or dependent than so be it.
    Likes jaders, seashells, Stlgirl liked this post

I read all of the stories but must have that I'm disappointed.I've tried all but I finally to survive the day use benzos,any kind which is out of my control.

4renzicz is just really nice4renzicz is just really nice4renzicz is just really nice4renzicz is just really nice4renzicz is just really nice4renzicz is just really nice4renzicz is just really nice4renzicz is just really nice4renzicz is just really nice4renzicz is just really nice

I finally made the jump from 0.4mg subutex (Buprenorphine only) after tapering from 24mg Suboxone daily (over the last 10 months to get to 0.4mg) and switching to subutex for the last incremental tapers.

I thought a lot of the withdrawal would be psychological but the discomfort and restlessness is just as awful as missing several doses at a higher level.

As much as it truly did save my life at a point in time, it is painful to let go of... I'm back on 0.4mg daily now and fully functional
    Helpful seashells, jaders Rated helpful
    a single plum, floating in perfume, served in a man's hat

11. Quote Originally Posted by 4renzicz View Post
    I finally made the jump from 0.4mg subutex (Buprenorphine only) after tapering from 24mg Suboxone daily (over the last 10 months to get to 0.4mg) and switching to subutex for the last incremental tapers.

I thought a lot of the withdrawal would be psychological but the discomfort and restlessness is just as awful as missing several doses at a higher level.

As much as it truly did save my life at a point in time, it is painful to let go of... I'm back on 0.4mg daily now and fully functional
    I wish you luck!

For me I will be on Suboxone for rest of my life. I also take it to control the pain. We haven’t gotten the dose right. Last week it was 8 MG. This week it is 8 MG twice a day. I have an appointment next Tuesday.

I have been reading a lot about Suboxone. Apparently it is also prescribed for pain. When it comes to pain, Suboxone has six hours of analgesic properties. So if you take for the pain you should redose it every six hours. If you take it because your an addict it has a half life of 24 hours.
    @jaders what is MMT? Methadone?
    Helpful jaders, seashells Rated helpful
    Likes peppergirl liked this post

dinger is just really nicedinger is just really nicedinger is just really nicedinger is just really nicedinger is just really nicedinger is just really nicedinger is just really nicedinger is just really nicedinger is just really nice

I wish you luck!

For me I will be on Suboxone for rest of my life. I also take it to control the pain. We haven’t gotten the dose right. Last week it was 8 MG. This week it is 8 MG twice a day. I have an appointment next Tuesday.

I have been reading a lot about Suboxone. Apparently it is also prescribed for pain. When it comes to pain, Suboxone has six hours of analgesic properties. So if you take for the pain you should redose it every six hours. If you take it because your an addict it has a half life of 24 hours.
    I have been on Buprenorphine for pain now 8 to 9 years now and during that period i have had 2 dose changes. I have been on the pain patch verions of buprenorphine.
    Started out on a butrans patch at 20mcg per hour over a seven day period, then after switched to the transtec 35mcg per hour over 4 day period.
    I also get the 2mg sublingaul version for breakthrough pain if needed.... I have non-operable chronic back pain and been like this for 15 years now.
    Helpful File Error 500, jaders Rated helpful

bluebell will become famous soon enoughbluebell will become famous soon enough

I think opioids can be a cure for depression . but they would have to be rotated because of the dependance.

They can give such an euphoric feeling that can overcome the down thoughts.
    Anyone understand what I mean?
    Helpful Stlgirl Rated helpful
    Likes jaders, ludwig1961 liked this post
    Have a nice day.

Pothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to behold

Well last week I finally tried suboxone. I went to a doctor who is certified to prescribe it and I told him I am an addict because I suffer from chronic migraines and headaches and opioids are prescribed to me. I was 100% honest. The next day I started taking it. Today we will have a follow up appointment because he needs to adjusts the dose.

That is so awesome for you! I too am on Sub. I am prescribed 24 mg a day.
    Helpful jaders Rated helpful

calgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond repute

ALL of you are awesome. What I mean is, that each of us has a singular biochemistry, to use imprecise terminology. But, clearly, something that truly helps some of us, has no benefit (or even bad side effects) for others. I, personally, am allergic to THC, but not to cannaboids/terapenes themselves. MMJ is horrible for me, I basically stop autonomic breathing and need to be monitored by someone, so that I don't stop breathing and suffocate. But many, many of my friends/family/associates find MMJ helpful. For whatever. Good for them, really. But I need something different.

No more details are needed here, but just want to say that I really wish "medical professionals" would start (or, actually, resume) looking at us as individuals, not statistics, and try to bring the full arsenal of potential treatments to each of us, individually. For example, I can handle "natural" opiates very well, and have never developed any addiction even with a few stretches of longer-term usage; but some synthetics have caused me serious problems, even in as few as 3 days. My physiology is different from, say, my next-door neighbor's. All of these meds have potential benefits and risks, but we're not all the same. These doctors (as a generic group) study for a decade, yet they haven't yet figured out (in general) that they need to tailor their knowledge, and the pharmacopia, to each of us, individually. IMO, this is where "modern medicine" has really let us all down, as patients.
    Helpful bluebell Rated helpful
    Likes jaders, Carter liked this post

I wish you luck!

Yes methadone maintenance therapy. It’s a full “agonist” instead of partial which is buprenorphine. I agree that some folks probably need to be on a maintenance program for life. I think it’s just a brain chemistry thing. It’s looked
    down upon by the “uneducated” but I think the addiction specialists are coming to that conclusion as well...
    Helpful seashells, ludwig1961 Rated helpful

I made a comment about being in a methadone clinic a wk ago? It's cost is 480$ A month. Now this clinic just got a grant for ALOT if people it started 2wks ago. If you was approved your meds now cost 80$ a month or 20 a Wk. I was the 2nd one approach for this grant. Which i didnt get cause I have a state insurance like Medicare? In not disabled, i work. I think its bullshit. srry for rant but dam I like to save money too!!!
    I forgot to add I moved clinics last week...bills 384 now! woo hoo...
    Helpful jaders Rated helpful
    Likes bluebell liked this post

ludwig1961 is a jewel in the roughludwig1961 is a jewel in the roughludwig1961 is a jewel in the roughludwig1961 is a jewel in the roughludwig1961 is a jewel in the roughludwig1961 is a jewel in the roughludwig1961 is a jewel in the roughludwig1961 is a jewel in the rough

I was on mmt 2002 till 2004. I was the most productive, felt good, slept good and didn't have to run around looking for a pill. Life was great.
    Helpful jaders, surten Rated helpful
    Likes bluebell liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by ludwig1961 View Post
    I was on mmt 2002 till 2004. I was the most productive, felt good, slept good and didn't have to run around looking for a pill. Life was great.
    Wow. That's very interesting. Do you mind my asking why you discontinued it?

ludwig1961 is a jewel in the roughludwig1961 is a jewel in the roughludwig1961 is a jewel in the roughludwig1961 is a jewel in the roughludwig1961 is a jewel in the roughludwig1961 is a jewel in the roughludwig1961 is a jewel in the roughludwig1961 is a jewel in the rough

I lost funds s to pay for my job so that left me without the funds to pay the clinic bill. And then I got into legal trouble and got sent away for a couple years. That was about 15 years ago. I have come along way since then.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast