Thread: Opioids for Depression: poppy tea, buprenorphine, methadone, and now trying tianeptine

Default Opioids for Depression: poppy tea, buprenorphine, methadone, and now trying tianeptine

When my mood and energy levels are low I discovered 20 years ago that the only class of drugs which allowed me to be happy and healthy have mu-opioid activity. This runs against the brainwashing machine, but i've found scientific articles from the 1970s on methadone maintenance which say that for doses of up to about 40 mg a day it can be a very effective treatment for both anxiety and depression. But that knowledge is largely suppressed for the masses.

I had several years on MMT and it was a wonderful thing for me but the clinic went downhill after they started taking Medicaid patients and getting overrun by people getting their medicine for free while I was paying $250/month out of pocket. And there was some other bad management and bad employees which led to me losing my bi-weekly takehome privileges and going back to 6 days a week observed dosing at what become a real zoo since enrollment and earning takehomes every 90-days with clean UAs and perfect behavior. I was using methadone as my antidepressant and it worked very well, giving a full three years where it seemed the dark heavy lethargy was no longer a daily reality and instead a memory from the distant past.

But now the buprenorphine no longer gives me a feeling of energy, and ditto for kratom. So I became interested in tianeptine sodium (Stablon) because it's a tricyclic with sufficient mu-opioid activity that its abuse by IV injection is quite common in Russia and Europe where they're injecting the tablets, and its sale was banned this year in Michigan. All because of opioid-like effects. And my very first antidepressant scrip was for Elavil, a tricyclic with many more side effects than tianeptine, and the Elavil really did elevate my mood, unlike the garbage SSRI/SNRI, etc. being poured into the gullible masses who believe whatever they see on TV.

My 10-gram quantity was mailed today from the US and it's too far to get it Saturday but it should be here by Monday and i'll be dissolving it in water to measure doses volumetrically. The standard dose is 12.5 mg thrice a day. And people report feeling energized immediately after their very first dose of the sodium salt where a water solution would be absorbed fatser than a tablet. If i get no relief from tianeptine then i may have to go back on methadone.

P.S. In browsing around here I found thread about being prescribed ketamine nasal spray for depression, 20-mg dose from a 0.1-ml squirt by a compounding pharmacy, which would be the same as 2000 mg dissolved in 10 ml of water, four times the strength of a 500 mg bottle of 10 ml. that was easy. 12.5 mg in my arm with an insulin needle and i'm typing. a very slight lift in mood and a little bit of energy. i could drive a car, but there's no real need and the grocery shopping can wait till tomorrow.
    Last edited by Trampy; 1 Week Ago at 05:33 PM.
    Helpful jaders Rated helpful
    Likes ludwig1961 liked this post
    The man who never lies has no friends

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
  3. It's interesting to read about someone else who has had years of MMT, then bupe, and realizes that much of the time the battle has been with depression and anxiety. I agree that the crap they are peddling now is just that. The older meds served a function and were quite effective, but most insurance companies won't pay for the older meds any longer. With bupe, unfortunately, along with the lift comes the desire and tendency to use more to get more affect, creating an unnecessary tolerance. This is likely the reason bupe no longer helps. If you keep your dose and tolerance low - < 1mg three times a day, you might see better results. I am actually able to use bupe in that way, and know that I must cut back when tolerance starts to build.

I understand that the intent of allowing ketamine to be administered is to give physicians the tools for those who are inpatient and not responsive to other therapies. This can have a significant impact on someone who is suffering.

Tianeptine sodium may very well help since it is both tricyclic and binds to mu. You might find tolerance to be an issue with tianeptine as well, however. It is for this reason that may find Tramadol helpful. Personally, I can't stand it.

Best of luck with your new therapy. I'd be really interested in reading how well this serves you over time.

PR
    Helpful ludwig1961, jaders, Gladheart, Trampy Rated helpful

Thanks. Yeah i didn't mention tramadol in my post, because it never gave me that lift. There's an enzyme that varies genetically and that's where we get the M1 metabolite with its supposed strong mu activity. Debrisoquine comes to mind. It might be the same CYP enzyme converting codeine to morphine, or maybe the opposing enzyme. All i know is that tramadol does nothing for me. And codeine doesn't do much either. Variations in metabolizing enzymes could explain some people get strong AD effects from tramadol and in US it's no longer very strange to see tramadol scripted for depression. Oh i was hopeful alright, having a jar of 40 grams of USP powder anticipating i'd run short of 50-mg tabs.

Yes, many people dose escalate and get diminishing or disappearing returns but you don't my buprenorphine history, which goes back to paying $2/tab for 0.2-mg Temgesic, with Suboxone and Subutex just twinkles in Reckitt's planning. Sooner or later every partial or mixed mu-opioid will "poop out" and that could be a temporary thing or it might mean over for good. I've used many other opiates, but the strongest energizing effects for my lethargic non-melancholic depression has so far been methadone. The kratom and the buprenorphine were just pale imitations. But i'm hopeful for tianeptine becase i had such a strong response to the Elavil that i saved up 30 pills to take an overdose at age 16, because the pills were making me happy but i was still miserable. It sounded real good to read about its effects on NMDA and "neuroplasticity" in face of stress (albeit in rat brains). Maybe the opiates are just masking my stress response.

In the meantime i'm still feeling a definite lift after taking a single 12.5 mg dose of ketamine ~2 hours ago with months gone by having not touched it. Yes, it's a potential Reset Button to get out of a slump.
    Last edited by Trampy; 1 Week Ago at 07:28 PM.
    Helpful ludwig1961, jaders Rated helpful

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    you used opiods for years without any addiction or needing larger doses? that seems very rare. I think you will do better with tianaptine if it helps because its not so addictive and its easier to get.

ketamine will knock out the depression but its not for every day use. You will find that out soon enough. Regular use leads to less and less depression relief and a desire for the ket high. I have some but save it for rare occasions. Likewise I have opiates i was prescribed and did not need all of, so i save them for when i need them. they did give me a nice lift, top of the world feeling but i know there is a price to pay so i used them sparingly.

With ket i recommend using it only once in a while no more than once a month.

Yeah, thass so. The only time i got messed up on opiates was when nationpharmacy.com started up, it was a domestic Texas-based OP with all the major C-3 and C-4s, which included all the hydro/apap, and a Zen shopping cart experience. We called it an NROP for no recordsonline pharmacy and there were quite a few of them where you answer some questions on a web form; the ROPs required that you send them medical records and there were some that you had to talk to the doctor, one of whom got 2 years. They'd take V/MC and it would be delivered by FedEx or USPS. And then Dan Gebbia in Pennsylvania as email source shipping sealed bottles by Express Mail. He got 43 months I believe. Bottles of hydro/apap delivered every week. Big busts for both of them in the newspapers. It was crazy and drugbuyers.com with Alex in Costa Rica was where we found out what was going on and i practically lived there. So yeah, back then I overdid it and gave myself osteomyelitis from IVing the hydro/apap with very primitive or sometimes nonexistent filtration. So in my list of opiates i left out hydrocodone and oxycodone, which I ended up abusing and tapered down to zero on my own and then enrolling on Suboxone and then methadone at a methadone clinic so it was easy to make that transition. And then there was almost 10 years of living in the purgatory of Suboxone before i said to hell with it and enrolled in MMT. They did a drug screen on intake and it was negative for opiates because i'd started on methadone on my own. So yeah, it's unusual and my motto has always been if it doesn't kill me it makes me stronger. I have relatively modest quantities of several C-2 and C-3 opiates for which I have absolutely no temptation to use without a medical reason ... for years now and they're still there.
    Last edited by Trampy; 1 Week Ago at 10:18 PM.

jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    jaders has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Gullible View Post
    you used opiods for years without any addiction or needing larger doses? that seems very rare.
    While it's true that some folks who become addicted to opiates choose to take more and more, I still believe that's not a complete "given." I've taken opiates for a body condition involving tension and "ticcing" and have taken the same dose for about 40 years now, with a few breaks in between.

Because some folks crash their lives behind substances in horrific ways, it doesn't mean everyone does or will and that's the piece that grinds my gut the most. It's no different than anything else - some folks are just self destructive/push the envelope, but this notion that no one can take opiates for extended periods without always "escalating" I believe is an unfair portrait. Years ago when the UK was allowing people to actually have heroin "safely," they worried that folks would want more and more, but instead discovered that most users found a dose that "worked," and stayed there. I believe if we let the majority of people choosing to use this drug, better access, that that same phenomenon would happen regularly. I also believe that opioids have more uses than just for pain alone and again, the addiction fear is causing us to ignore those possible therapies. JMHO...
    Helpful Binky, Trampy, Mrs Parker, pinkflower Rated helpful
    Likes jakemoe liked this post
    The cause of all suffering is attachment...

A good night's sleep is probably the simplest thing to keep the dark lethargy at bay.The word depression encompasses so many different things that it's meaningless as a diagnostic entity because all it really amounts to is when a classic conformist happy happy person asks me how i am as part of a greeting ritual i'm almost never going to tell a stranger that i'm fine. But last night i took some diazepam just 2 mg or so. I have a theory that when i sleep well, my body releases growth hormone and that's the reason i woke up feeling so good this morning. And the other reason was posting here after being away doing other things besides finding sources for drugs.

It makes sense to me that people vary in their disposition. Some seem always happy while others would not be described that way. The ancient Greek Hippocrates talked about a type of person possessed of melancholy humours, and the remedy for those patients would be a decoction of the opium poppy plant. It's only 100 years since the Harrison Narcotics Act was passed in the US making it illegal for doctors to prescribe opiates "solely for the comfort of the patient." If a person is miserable the doctors have their hands tied and some of them go to prison for their opiate prescriptions, like the doctors busted in the early 00s mentioned above.

One of the things you have when you're on MMT is sit in line and wait, so there's plenty of opportunities for an intelligent person to strike up a conversation with the fellow patients. Clinic rules can vary on how high a person can raise their dose without hassles. But very few opt to get the highest possible dose and some of them really needed it, based on talking to them. None of them were taking the toxic antidepressants SSRIs and SNRIs despite the fact that these are the most down and out miserable people i've ever talked to on a daily basis. These are the rejects of our society and some of them are in terrible physical pain but they're deemed ineligible for pain management so their only possible medical treatment is MMT. It's the bottom of the barrel but then again there's all kinds of folks, some of them with stable jobs and family life.

If i went back on methadone i don't need to go through the rigamarole of 6 days a week observed dosing, random UAs, and in my case paying at least $250/month out of pocket. If a person knows how the clinic system operates, they can hang out at certain times of day and find someone who needs some cash and hopefully they've raised their dose high enough that they could go without, or make do with less. The going rate last year was 20 cents a milligram, or $20 for a 100-mg bottle. If say a person picks up on Thursday or Friday and they're carrying a metal box then you know they're carrying 2, 3, or maybe 4 takehome bottles, and giving up one of them can be doable because they'll dilute what they have left and make it through the weekend, and if their dose is high enough it might even be a desirable thing to not be as sedated for a few days. I know based on my experience tapering down from 100 mg to zero, and also making use of some very precious 10-mg tablets from a pharmacy, all i'd need is just 10 mg a day so it wouldn't be worth all the hassles to enroll in a clinic where they'd start me out at 30 mg a day and let me go up 10 mg every other day from there.
    Last edited by Trampy; 1 Week Ago at 12:31 PM.
    Helpful jaders, Packrat Rated helpful

Doctors work in the disease industry. They make money from people's poor health. If you feel lousy and are sleepy all the time do you think a doctor would ask you to describe your sleep? Heck no. They don't ask you don't ask you anything about your sleep or diet or digestion because that's considered blaming the victim. If you're tired all the time, first look at sleep, then diet, and for overall vitality you need to have a well-functioning digestive system to get the nutrition from your food and to avoid being full of crap. So that's number 1 priority if you're tired all the time. If you think a doctor can solve all your problems for you, go look for a shaman or witch doctor, not a licensed medical doctor.

And if you're feeling miserable and think that this thread is a good justification for you to self-medicate with opiates, well good luck.

Stress and grief and sudden hot weather and a shortage of social supports. And that's usually how it goes. In the olden days a doctor would diagnosis it as nervous exhaustion and advise a rest cure. So when you're tired all the time, you need to rest and take it easy. But nowadays hardly anyone would be capable of figuring that out. But I've never been one to trust doctors, ever since being 16 and prescribed Elavil after ruling out metabolic, hormonal, or infection causes, and telling me "there's nothing wrong with you; you're depressed." And by gosh and by golly if a patient responded to Elavil by feeling on top of the world, as happened just as soon as the all-day sleeping stopped, that was considered a diagnostic confirmation. Or maybe it was the three days of sleep that cured me and made my hypomanic. Anyway, i'm just using this as an opportunity to give you a better picture of my situation and history while I wait for the mail to arrive. For the last three nights i've been taking a 10-mg tablet of methadone around 5-6 PM before dinner and it's a very strong stimulant keeping me awake last night till 2 AM. So i'm not kidding when i say methadone is an antidepressant. And it's a damn shame that all those people on Medicaid who lie about their financial situation to be eligible get it for free and get free rides to the clinic, while Medicare doesn't cover it and I can't afford the $3 K/year cost, and don't need 30 mg a day because the 10 mg was plenty, maybe 5 mg a day would have been enough.

It just felt so nice to feel methadone again, even just 10 mg was plenty. The closest equivalent in my experience was the old 15-mg Dexedrine Spansule with all the colored beads.

P.S. Me bad. I forgot that i was drinking guarana Spider Energy Drink last night, 2 cans in fact. and was up till 3 AM but even so i didn't feel wiped out with fatigue this afternoon, some of these recent days i've laiddown on the couch and immediately fell asleep i was so tired, and some days i'd take 2 or even 3 "naps" during the day the lethargy was so bad.

P.P.S. Tada! 10 grams white powder tianeptine sodium dissolved in regular distilled water in a 750-ml clear glass bottle makes it 13.3 mg/ml. Tianeptine they say is very hygroscopic and can turn into a rock, and it's also unstable from UV light, so that glass bottle is in the refrigerator and i took ~20 mg without any other drugs in my system, no kratom since the morning and no methadone since yesterday.

I feel energized. And the longtime feelings of pain in my chest, something like fibromyalgia, that subtle pressure and pain in my chest seems to be comforted. I'm glad to have gotten the sodium form. It took 10 minutes for all the powder to dissolve, the sulfate is insoluble in water. And the taste is bearable, while people say the sulfate tastes terrible, and you'd need propylene glycol or ethanol for it.

Wow. The worst of my funk was already over by the time this medicine arrived but i'm just pleased as punch that it seems to be just what i need to help me deal with something like chronic fatigue syndrome or nervous collapse whenever the stress overcomes my ability to deal. 10 grams was $106 from Tianeptine Store, Las Vegas, NV.

Seems like the 10 grams in 750 ml water is about the maximum. Squirting 1.5 ml into an empty glass becomes milky with white precipitate. And it's no placebo effect. This is mildly energizing and also a definite analgesic that combines well with guarana energy drinks.

For anyone using buprenorphine or tramadol or kratom for depression this could be useful and another thing about the mu activity is there's plenty of mentions of tianeptine causing constipation, and it's not because of its cholinergic effects.
    Last edited by Trampy; 6 Days Ago at 02:05 PM.
    Helpful jaders, Farley Rated helpful

11. short update. yes, it's still good. i measure it with a syringe squirting 1 ml (~13 mg) into a glass cup and watch it turn milky and then add some ginger ale to make it palatable. i'll take 20 mg first thing in the morning and then usually add on 13 mg whenever it wears off, like every 4-6 hours, probably 65 to 80 mg a day.

i'm no longer so fatigued that i'm falling asleep sitting in a chair or as soon as i lie down on couch to read, falling asleep with a book in my hands. it's a very subtle effect and there seems no downside to it. it feels natural in the sense that it seems like it's somehow triggering my body to make the energy flow. it seems to be a remedy for my chi exhaustion.

while methadone has a definite euphoria to it, and the temptation to escalate the dose and frequency, the tianeptine at first made me almost manic in combination with two cans of guarana energy drink, and that was on top of 10 mg methadone. after that first "honeymoon" night and over 48 hours later it's more like taking my vitamins rather than getting high.

if you're using an opiate or opioid to help deal with low mood or low energy and don't live in the state of Michigan or France or any other place where it's scheduled, it's definitely cheaper than getting buprenorphine or kratom or tramadol. if 10 grams powder costs $106 and it yields 750 13.3-mg doses, and you take five 1-ml squirts a day for 66.5 mg, then that 750-ml bottle would last 150 days, costing $0.71 per day for the tianeptine.
    Last edited by Trampy; 4 Days Ago at 01:51 AM. Reason: obsessiveness
    Helpful jaders, songsiren Rated helpful