Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing from Tramadol

Default Changing from Tramadol

I've been using Tramadol as a way of coping with depression for some years now. No surprise they are losing their effectiveness so I'm wondering if anyone has been in the same position and found a better way of dealing with the problem? I realise I'm cutting to the chase here with this question but would so appreciate any experiences people have been through. Cheers.

2. I don't know enough to offer advice, however it might be worth noting the two mechanisms of action for Trams antidepressant action. It is a serotonin-releasing agent (SRA) and light norepinephrine reputable inhibitor (NRI). Messing around with these neurotransmitters is always tenuous, and frankly I've read Tram is unusually effective with potentially fewer side effects than many psych meds. I don't deal with clinical depression but I probably would by now if not for finally getting some pain relief.

Fwiw I combine a very careful regimen of cannabis products and also rely heavily on nutritional supplements. Vitamins and minerals are precursors for all the neurotransmitters and hormones involved, so don't ignore nutrition as a major factor. A physician who can address these angles along with your depression would be ideal, of course we all know how hard it is to find good help. You might be surprised just how much a certain supplement could help, like Magnesium, vit D, vit B, etc.

DutchJacob has a spectacular aura aboutDutchJacob has a spectacular aura aboutDutchJacob has a spectacular aura aboutDutchJacob has a spectacular aura aboutDutchJacob has a spectacular aura about

I know I'm a bit late to this thread, for by now you must already know how brutal the withdrawals from tramadol can be @trish5959. Hope you're doing well.

As far as switching up to something else goes (do you mean an antidepressant?), I don't think there's any good advice any of us can rightfully give you. I've read many sources that say the antidepressant Effexor XR is very similar to tramadol in terms of chemical structure and it's something I've flirting with the idea of asking a psychiatrist about but I can't in good conscience recommend it, due to all the negative side effects reported by people.
    Helpful Seychelle, KarMar Rated helpful
    Like trish5959 liked this post

Thanks for the advice all. Unfortunately I haven't been doing at all well for some months and looking back, I know that these terrible times have hit me again and again and will continue to do so. I wouldn't be on tram trying to fight these desperate times off otherwise.

Thanks again.
    Helpful KarMar Rated helpful
    Like pinkflower, DutchJacob liked this post

jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by trish5959 View Post
    Thanks for the advice all. Unfortunately I haven't been doing at all well for some months and looking back, I know that these terrible times have hit me again and again and will continue to do so. I wouldn't be on tram trying to fight these desperate times off otherwise.

Thanks again.
    Hey Trish. Have you ever looked into Ketamine? I have heard anecdotally that it's an up and coming treatment and having some pretty successful reviews? Another option that is in this same vein is finding some "magic mushrooms" and doing some therapeutic "exploring?" There's a good book out called "Changing your Mind," by Michael Pollan, and he talks about how there is a lot of new research going on with "entheogens."

Just another possible avenue? I'm sorry you have such a hard time with that issue. A good friend of mine who has struggled with terrible depression for a long time and even did the extreme electro-convulsive therapy (used to be known as "shock therapy.") Nothing worked except she just started to have a glass or two of vodka tonics in the evening. I'm sure it wasn't just that, but dang, she is 1000 percent better than a year ago. I can't believe the difference. It's like she just "organically" healed for some unknown reason.

Wishing you healing and happiness!!
    Helpful pinkflower, trish5959 Rated helpful
    The cause of all suffering is attachment...

6. Tram has worked wonders for me on an anti depressant level. Strange thing is that I never considered myself "depressed". But in the 3 plus years taking it daily I've received 3 promotions...my wife says our marriage is the best it's ever been...I can walk 3 blocks without having to stop and stretch...and my alcohol intake dropped from a religious weekend warrior to maybe a seasonal drinker. From what I've read...its effects are all over the place on how people absorb it. May have to find out what life is like without it again in a few weeks..and that really scares the crap out of me.
    Helpful barracuda Rated helpful
    Like Artknowsme, weezy1966, Lizdawn, trish5959 liked this post

I agree that tram is the best antidepressant I have used and I have tried several SSRIs.

Gabapentin lessens my anxiety and depression as well. Could be worth a try. I know it has mixed reviews but I do take it sometimes when I am anxious in evenings. I do not take it daily but I have a 'rule' that I don't take tram after 10am. It affects my sleep plus I have been able to keep my tram dosage at 100-200 mg day max for a few years without ever needing to increase it.
    Like weezy1966, Lizdawn, trish5959 liked this post

Artknowsme is a splendid one to beholdArtknowsme is a splendid one to beholdArtknowsme is a splendid one to beholdArtknowsme is a splendid one to beholdArtknowsme is a splendid one to beholdArtknowsme is a splendid one to beholdArtknowsme is a splendid one to beholdArtknowsme is a splendid one to beholdArtknowsme is a splendid one to beholdArtknowsme is a splendid one to beholdArtknowsme is a splendid one to beholdArtknowsme is a splendid one to beholdArtknowsme is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by trish5959 View Post
    I've been using Tramadol as a way of coping with depression for some years now. No surprise they are losing their effectiveness so I'm wondering if anyone has been in the same position and found a better way of dealing with the problem? I realise I'm cutting to the chase here with this question but would so appreciate any experiences people have been through. Cheers.
    For me, Effexor XR just made me sleepy. No pick up at all. One thing that did work well for me was fermented Kanna powder. Fermentation is the key to making this stuff work. Basic Kanna powder does nothing. There is a lot of info through Google that you can find on it and its effectiveness on battling depression. I found out about it through a friend who swore that it saved her life. Also another plus is its very reasonably priced and you can get it with domestic shipping.
    Last edited by Artknowsme; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:55 AM.
    Counting on someone else for your happiness is a recipe for premeditated disappointment.

@ Roccobigs - why are you saying folks are going to be living without having tram in a few weeks ?
    Last edited by Bella38; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:18 AM. Reason: Forgot to include user who I am asking.

10. People are having a hard time finding sources now.

My two mainstays are currently useless, so I have the same feeling. I wish it were easier to find new places here that are working (and not exorbitantly spendy).
    Like trish5959, baddog liked this post

11. Some countries will cease sending letters over borders starting july 1. That...coupled with our current shipping/customs nightmares scares the crap out of me.

Raspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond repute

The Tramadol will still be available. Laws are changing but it seems there is already a work around for that. In this business, there are always obstacles and problems, yet we persist.

I have used the Effexor XR with disastrous results. For me, it was awful. Tramadol does not have any of the same side effects or problems that the Effexor did in my case. The withdrawals from the Effexor were horrendous.

Everybody is different, so results may vary.
    Last edited by Raspberry; 1 Week Ago at 07:21 PM.
    Helpful trish5959, baddog Rated helpful

13. I take it as a treatment for OCD, and I've had to supplement it with Effexor when it isn't available. It does help to an extent and they are closely related, but it's very anecdotal. It just sucks when you finally find something that truly works and it loses its effectiveness
    Helpful trish5959 Rated helpful
    Like Raspberry liked this post

14. I have personally had very good experience with Effexor xr. It was one of the few antidepressants that actually helped me. Everyone is different however, and sometimes it comes down to trial and error. I will warn you that missing even a single dose results in a type of withdrawal that can be rather unpleasant. Getting off of it also requires a very slow taper. If you decide to try it, I highly recommend doing so under the supervision of an experienced psychiatrist. Good luck to you!
    Helpful Raspberry Rated helpful

liltiki2 is just really niceliltiki2 is just really niceliltiki2 is just really niceliltiki2 is just really niceliltiki2 is just really niceliltiki2 is just really niceliltiki2 is just really niceliltiki2 is just really niceliltiki2 is just really niceliltiki2 is just really nice

Prozac & Wellbutrin. Both cheap and accessible. Must be taken together.
    Effexor and Paxil are a nightmare to get off of. The two I listed above are not at all.
    Good luck.
    Helpful pinkflower Rated helpful
    Like trish5959, Raspberry liked this post

16. Not endorsing anything but I've had good luck with moderate doses of Kratom as a substitute for tram in the past. Nothing long term...but did help for a month or 2 with the lack of energy.
    Helpful Brianna9, trish5959 Rated helpful
    Like Synergistic, Raspberry liked this post

17. Quote Originally Posted by Roccobigs View Post
    Not endorsing anything but I've had good luck with moderate doses of Kratom as a substitute for tram in the past. Nothing long term...but did help for a month or 2 with the lack of energy.
    I had a lot of success with kratom as a substitute back before it was banned here (grumble) and it really is a life saver. I ly thing is that it can be harsh on the stomach and has its own addiction potential, but much less dangerous than any opioids
    Helpful trish5959, Raspberry Rated helpful

I've read through several threads here but thought I'd ask for a bit more up to date info if anyone has some. I can get tapentadol but the reviews are very mixed and I certainly don't want to get myself in more trouble than I already am. Does anyone use it and have you had blackouts, memory loss, other horrendous outcomes? Have you found it gives you that 'high' that you get from Tramadol which is what I'm after? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jaders View Post
    Hey Trish. Have you ever looked into Ketamine? I have heard anecdotally that it's an up and coming treatment and having some pretty successful reviews? Another option that is in this same vein is finding some "magic mushrooms" and doing some therapeutic "exploring?" There's a good book out called "Changing your Mind," by Michael Pollan, and he talks about how there is a lot of new research going on with "entheogens."

Just another possible avenue? I'm sorry you have such a hard time with that issue. A good friend of mine who has struggled with terrible depression for a long time and even did the extreme electro-convulsive therapy (used to be known as "shock therapy.") Nothing worked except she just started to have a glass or two of vodka tonics in the evening. I'm sure it wasn't just that, but dang, she is 1000 percent better than a year ago. I can't believe the difference. It's like she just "organically" healed for some unknown reason.

Wishing you healing and happiness!!
    Hi Jaders
    Strangely enough, I have just finished reading that book! I've been interested in psychedelics for a while and think they would probably be very effective used in the right doses under the right conditions. Of course, governments being governments the chances of getting them to be made widely available legally looks slim. When you look at the research it seems they can be very effective in treating severe depression and addictions, and I would be really interested in the spiritual effects. If I knew of someone who worked as a guide and I felt comfortable with I would certainly take a course.
    There have been some trials here in Australia using ketamine but they don't appear to have been followed up as far as I can see and one trial was stopped due to adverse side effects.
    https://newsroom.unsw.edu.au/news/he...ays-depression

Hope all is well with you and good to talk to you.

Raspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond reputeRaspberry has a reputation beyond repute

@trish5959 I tried the tap for a little while. It did not agree with me at all. It made me tense and irritable, and no they weren't placebos. There were other side effects that I didn't like. Other people like it.
    Helpful Artknowsme Rated helpful

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast