NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 462 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Whenever I try to do the "right" thing, it blows up in my face

therealchillax is offline Banned Reason: Had Issues with PR Rules and Moderators
    therealchillax has a spectacular aura abouttherealchillax has a spectacular aura abouttherealchillax has a spectacular aura abouttherealchillax has a spectacular aura abouttherealchillax has a spectacular aura about

Default Whenever I try to do the "right" thing, it blows up in my face

So, my pill clinic hadn't seen me in over a year, so I got texts from the office staff reminding me of this.

At the same time, my insomnia med tolerance has been through the roof lately, and as I age my sleep has become fragmented, so say I take something to fall asleep, I sit in bed reading, only to wake having to pee, light still on pillows upright, reading glasses on, but it's only 2-4 bloody hours after I'd popped the pill/rc liquid. I get up and pee, turn off the light and my mind won't shut off. So I then pop an antihistamine, not even a yawn, then reach for something controlled and get the rest of my sleep, and in so doing wake up at an obscenely late hour of the afternoon...day pissed away and feeling like a failure.

I used to think this was due to my menopause, since my body often gets cold as I get sleepy, and irrationally heats up when I wake after such few hours' sleep. But I've heard similar stories from elderly men around me, so maybe it's a universal aging thing, even though I'm still decades younger than those old coots. Some of these old men have even had night sweats, and I joke that they're in Manopause.

So, a few days ago, I went to the clinic for a legit script. The doctor there has really declined in mental acuity since I last saw him and he really needs to retire already (he's over 70). And my script was written by an NP who had the audacity to ask how I support myself financially, which is irrelevant and none of her f'in business since we all have to pay cash on the way out of the clinic. I swear next time a health care worker - or anyone asks me that, I'll tell them I support myself by selling blowjobs to see their reaction. The rest of his labcoat staff are all NPs as well instead of other MDs as it used to be.

So, I settled on tams, cuz the real doctor kept looking stuff up on his mobile on some app called Hippocrates and he used to know his shit, and then suggested I try a psychiatrist if I need anything harder. Well the only reason I used the clinic in the first place is because I'm not rich enough to see a shrink. And he was asking if I had insurance. WTF, his office doesn't even take insurance, so what's it matter? I wasn't alive back in the days of housecalls, but I bet docs didn't hassle patients about insurance back then! Any yanks here remeber "Marcus Welby" on the telly? Well, I never heard Consuelo ask patients which insurance plan they had, so she had more time and energy to socialize with them in the waiting lobby instead of being burdened with the billing and coding shit.

Well, I still haven't filled my script because I've called around the chain pharms, compounding and mom & pops and they're all telling me that all they have for 30mg tam is MYLAN! That is unacceptable rubbish, as are all their benzos!

They make it a crime to get controlled meds w/o a script, but look what happens when I try to do it legally? And I saw the price of brand Restoril on goodrx and it's in the 4 figures for a #30 of 30mg. A huuuuge percentage over any generic, but at least give me a goddam choice of generics, US B&M pharms!

I wasted time and $$$ at the damned clinic and it may be my last time there!

/rant
    Last edited by therealchillax; 08-24-2017 at 06:35 AM.
    Likes dannyb, infamousryan liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    therealchillax is offline Banned Reason: Had Issues with PR Rules and Moderators
    therealchillax has a spectacular aura abouttherealchillax has a spectacular aura abouttherealchillax has a spectacular aura abouttherealchillax has a spectacular aura abouttherealchillax has a spectacular aura about

I learned back in social studies class that monopolies are illegal in my country. Yet Mylan has a monopoly on generic benzos at the pharms here. I tried Health Warehouse, and wasted my time giving out such personal data only for the doctor to call me back and tell me he would not fax my script to them because he won't do biz w/anything online. My response should've been to tell him "I get it, you gotta CYA and all, but since you've said no, then I'll no longer grace your office with my presence. We have nothing further to discuss." But I just lazily hung up on him and went back to bed. The phone rang again, and my companion answered, told me the doc called back to say the line went dead. I told him to tell the doc that no, I simply hung up. My companion relayed the msg. end of story. Another bridge burned behind me and the script slip feels like it's not worth the paper it's written on and remains unfilled and I'm out $125 for the clinic visit. FML.
    Likes ludwig1961 liked this post

Well, I didn't want to deal w/Rite Aid, but it turns out they had Ascend tams. That was the first brand I ever got scripted way back when, and may have been at Rite Aid. But I really don't like the store. And laws about controlled substances have tightened up even more since I last filled anything there. Now they need to see my ID and have me sign extra stuff before and after it's filled...about as hard as trying to buy Sudaphed. On top of all that, I was addressed by my first name twice, including the announcement that my script was ready. If I'm spending my money, it's a business transaction - we're not friends. So use my last name when doing biz w/me damnit! It's about respect shit.
    Well, let's hope these suckers work okay after all my tolerance. Anything's gotta be better than Mylan's benzos.
    Likes ludwig1961 liked this post

no shops in your area that can get you the brands you desire?

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    This seems so obvious you must have thought of it but why not order from an iop?

Quote Originally Posted by Gullible View Post
    This seems so obvious you must have thought of it but why not order from an iop?
    That's what I'd been doing for the past few years; but I had planned to go abroad for medical tourism and their clinic's anesthesiology dept. needed a dr. note stating that I'd be okay for general anesthesia given my history. Also their Customs is quite strict, and I'd need a dr. note w/my meds.
    But I struck out, instead of the doctor's office staff letting me know ahead of time, they had me come in only for the doc to say emphatically that he does not write such notes. Also, he told me that a note w/my scripts at the airport wouldn't be necessary because all the info is on the bottle's label.
    Needless to say, I won't be going abroad soon for the operation. Just cosmetic surgery anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by infamousryan View Post
    no shops in your area that can get you the brands you desire?
    Apparently just Rite Aid, AFAIK.

sillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to behold

Hey Chillax!

I hope you are doing better. It's sooo frustrating not being able to sleep as well as very damaging to the body! I went thru a very similar experience about 10 yrs ago. If I were you I would be calling that Doc back to tell them that they need to call you in something that will actually work & that what they gave you is made by a brand thtats crap. Tell them you know this because you went thru trying the last couple scripts the Doc gave you & that you checked all over the place & everyone only carries the crap Mylan brand. I would tell them you shouldn't have to pay to come in again to get something that works when you have just paid for a recent visit.
    Out of curiosity, have you had your Seretonin levels checked? I went thru 2 yrs if hell not being able to sleep, my mind racing like yours. My regular Doc was worthless for testing stuff like this. Nothing I did helped until I went to a Naturopathic Doc & he did a very extensive work up on me. My tests came back w/several issues wrong but the one that caused my racing brain at bedtime as well as effected my pain levels was having really low Seretonin levels. When I was finally put on Lexapro, an antidepressant that boosts Seretonin levels, along w/a couple other meds I needed for other issues the Doc found, oh my gosh I can't even tell you what a difference it made. I was finally able to relax & shut down at bedtime. It was a low dose of Lexapro too but it totally leveled me out again & cut my pain levels almost in half.
    The other thing I asked for which I would see if your Doc will give you, is Ambien CR 12.5mg, it's the long acting version. Ambien doesn't stay in the system long but the extended release version works way better & helped me not just fall asleep but stay asleep for atleast 6 or more hours. 1/2 of it dissolves immediately while the other 1/2 slowly dissolves so you stay asleep longer. The regular version made me fall asleep but I couldn't stay asleep, I'd wake up like 3-4 hrs later. The extended release version was wayyyy better.
    Also if your interested I can give you some names of some herbal extracts & minerals that help w/sleep especially when taken in combination w/each other. Any good grocery or health food grocery that has a good natural health supplement isle will have these things & you can find things already put in combination w/other things all in one capsule, which will help keep the cost down. Anyhow just let me know.

I hope you can get what you need. Sleep or lack of it causes so many bad things to the body & any Doc w/half a brain should know people can't function w/out proper sleep every night. Man I hate the state of things right now, govmnt making things so difficult for people w/issues getting what they need to function. Sooo frustrating.

Anyhow I wish you well & hope things get better. Keep us updated on how you're doing. Take care & have a great day!
    SP
    Helpful calgal99, ludwig1961 Rated helpful
    Likes jasmi3113 liked this post

9. I seem to read a lot of threads where people can’t find the branded meds they’re looking for, usually at the chain stores like CVS and Rite Aid etc.
    I learned a couple years back that there is definitely a difference in strength and potency on my scripted PK meds, and have found the best place to refill is at the hospital pharmacies.
    My guess is that the hospitals won’t just order and stock whatever’s the cheapest med currently available on the market, like the retail outlets probably do. Plus, they are never out of stock, usually have several brands on hand, and never give me grief or problems about filling the entire script, as some of the chains do that I’ve heard will only fill a weeks worth at a time. Hope that helps.
    Helpful snowy, Squelix, therealchillax Rated helpful
    Likes Bawston liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Rogue View Post
    the best place to refill is at the hospital pharmacies.
    A regular person can walk into a hospital to have any prescription filled? I thought the hospital pharmacy was only for hospital doctors and their patients.

11. Quote Originally Posted by mistressC View Post
    A regular person can walk into a hospital to have any prescription filled? I thought the hospital pharmacy was only for hospital doctors and their patients.
    The two hospitals I’ve refilled my meds at are available to everyone. Doctors and nurses, patients and family memebers of patients checked in there, and anyone who wants to fill their prescription. They are a full retail pharmacy.
    I don’t know if it’s that way everywhere, but here it’s available to anyone here in my town.
    Last edited by Doc Rogue; 05-03-2018 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Spelling

I’m not sure if it is like this everywhere, br my experience with walking into a hospital pharmacy was for them to tell me they couldn’t fill it unless I transferred ALL my meds to that specific pharmacy. This was incredibly frustrating because I was prescribed two very strong pain meds (schedule 2). Those meds were never in stock in any of my regular pharmacies. I knew the hospital would have them in stock, but it would have been such a pain to get all my meds there. Anyway, that was my experience.
    Likes therealchillax liked this post