Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: doctors are being jerks

  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,154
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    @GreenThumb that was a great post! I take off my hat to it. You said it in spades.
    Helpful ludwig1961, Binky Rated helpful

  2.  
    Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
  3. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Gullible View Post
    @GreenThumb that was a great post! I take off my hat to it. You said it in spades.
    ah, it's just the goddam withdrawal and my bad temper. Pay no heed, Government is God!!!!
    Likes jaders, Binky liked this post
    Drug criminalization is modern-day slavery.

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hogwarts
    Posts
    972
    jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenThumb View Post
    ah, it's just the goddam withdrawal and my bad temper. Pay no heed, Government is God!!!!
    Sorry as hell you're having to go thru this. Do you ever have some kratom on hand to try to help in this spot? Geez, I hope something shows up real soon!!
    Helpful Binky, Sushi Rated helpful
    The cause of all suffering is attachment...

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    521
    vytis drakona is a glorious beacon of lightvytis drakona is a glorious beacon of lightvytis drakona is a glorious beacon of lightvytis drakona is a glorious beacon of lightvytis drakona is a glorious beacon of lightvytis drakona is a glorious beacon of lightvytis drakona is a glorious beacon of lightvytis drakona is a glorious beacon of lightvytis drakona is a glorious beacon of lightvytis drakona is a glorious beacon of lightvytis drakona is a glorious beacon of light

    More A+ posts from @jaders and @GreenThumb - thank you to both of you for your awesome thoughts & everyone else participating in this (imo at least) very important conversation.

    As time goes on, society seems to be regressing with its puritanical attitude toward people who (god forbid) need to take some kind of medication in order to have any quality of life. And, by the way, I don't necessarily think it's fair to blame addicts for this. Yes, the "opioid crisis" and resulting overdoses are primarily due to fentanyl-laced drugs, not prescription-grade opioids; however, there wouldn't be such an influx of people using these dangerous street drugs if they wouldn't have been cut off in the first place. In addition, the way addiction works, it physically changes brain chemistry and invades many parts of the brain, including but not limited to the limbic system which deals with reward & survival. So, they too, because of the way their brain is operating, believe they need their drug of choice in order to survive. So, I think addicts are just an easy scapegoat. The real cause of this "crisis" are the idiots in charge, the ones who think it's okay to deny us life-saving medications, and who think it's okay to throw a person in a jail cell for putting a societally-designated-taboo substance in his body.

    What's next, total prohibition? We all know how well that worked out with alcohol. Why not try the exact opposite, and see how that works?! Deregulation has been tried in several countries, and it seems to work fantastically. Just look at marijuana legalization in the U.S. Are there pot zombies walking the streets? Have things gotten worse because of this newly accessible marijuana? NO. Deregulation only serves to make things safer, lower overdose rates, and even provide cash-flow into the government. It's like they have zero interest in actual harm reduction (surprise, surprise, right?). I guess the prison & drug rehab companies need their cash flow, too.
    Last edited by vytis drakona; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:29 AM.
    Helpful Binky Rated helpful
    Likes jaders, Bawston liked this post
    your friendly neighborhood PR transient and compulsive post editor (~formerly known as disasterwhisperer)

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hogwarts
    Posts
    972
    jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute

    Quote Originally Posted by vytis drakona View Post
    More A+ posts from @jaders and @GreenThumb - thank you to both of you for your awesome thoughts & everyone else participating in this (imo at least) very important conversation.

    As time goes on, society seems to be regressing with its puritanical attitude toward people who (god forbid) need to take some kind of medication in order to have any quality of life. And, by the way, I don't necessarily think it's fair to blame addicts for this. Yes, the "opioid crisis" and resulting overdoses are primarily due to fentanyl-laced drugs, not prescription-grade opioids; however, there wouldn't be such an influx of people using these dangerous street drugs if they wouldn't have been cut off in the first place. In addition, the way addiction works, it physically changes brain chemistry and invades many parts of the brain, including but not limited to the limbic system which deals with reward & survival. So, they too, because of the way their brain is operating, believe they need their drug of choice in order to survive. So, I think addicts are just an easy scapegoat. The real cause of this "crisis" are the idiots in charge, the ones who think it's okay to deny us life-saving medications, and who think it's okay to throw a person in a jail cell for putting a societally-designated-taboo substance in his body.

    What's next, total prohibition? We all know how well that worked out with alcohol. Why not try the exact opposite, and see how that works?! Deregulation has been tried in several countries, and it seems to work fantastically. Just look at marijuana legalization in the U.S. Are there pot zombies walking the streets? Have things gotten worse because of this newly accessible marijuana? NO. Deregulation only serves to make things safer, lower overdose rates, and even provide cash-flow into the government. It's like they have zero interest in actual harm reduction (surprise, surprise, right?). I guess the prison & drug rehab companies need their cash flow, too.
    I really agree with your assessment of the US's puritanical attitude. We constantly and continually try to ignore REALITY, and keep trying to force people into these "boxes" of how we think they SHOULD behave. A good example is teen sexual behavior. We just want kids to abstain, ignoring the reality of what really happens which should dictate giving them the best "tools" to deal with the issues (contraception and sex education.) We want people to do all sorts of things that we think constitute good behavior, meanwhile blithely ignoring the fact that folks are just human, (meaning often weak and make poor choices at times.) And the fact that we spend the most money of any country on prisons and have more people locked up than anywhere else shows we don't learn this lesson.

    I completely agree with you about the need to deregulate ALL drugs and allow people to make their own choices. I think very few folks would go for heroin and fentanyl if the "lower level" meds were easily available. Heck, it would seem that the heroin and fentanyl are the EASIEST to get lately. And this will reduce the deaths? It's just madness...
    Likes vytis drakona, Bawston liked this post
    The cause of all suffering is attachment...

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    521
    vytis drakona is a glorious beacon of lightvytis drakona is a glorious beacon of lightvytis drakona is a glorious beacon of lightvytis drakona is a glorious beacon of lightvytis drakona is a glorious beacon of lightvytis drakona is a glorious beacon of lightvytis drakona is a glorious beacon of lightvytis drakona is a glorious beacon of lightvytis drakona is a glorious beacon of lightvytis drakona is a glorious beacon of lightvytis drakona is a glorious beacon of light

    @jaders - Hell yes! Your example of teens & sex ed is perfect. I don't know why it's the 21st century and people are still so old-fashioned with their ideals and "morals", or maybe they just want to look the other way. Either way it makes no sense, and it helps no one! Shaming a kid for his natural urges is one of the worst ways to deal with the issue. The truth is, total abstinence is absolutely unattainable for the majority of people, especially in this day and age, so why not arm kids with knowledge and an actual education, like you said? I mean, the lack of sex education and health classes in schools is really terrible - it's sad how many adults, even, are walking around with so little knowledge of sex and how things work, but that's a whole separate issue, LOL.

    I'm totally for deregulation of all substances. And I agree, if chronic pain patients were able to get the meds they need, the use of harder opiates would go down drastically. And lots of people would never have to turn to them in the first place and thus get involved in the heartbreaking struggle of addiction..

    There are so many things that can be done to help people who are struggling with pain, anxiety, and addiction, but instead we just turn them away at the door, reduce/take away their meds, or lock them up so society doesn't have to see them. And does the jail system work? Does the drug rehabilitation system even work more than like 2-5% of the time?? Nope. I'm living proof. I think it's high time to try something new. Unfortunately, as long as we keep worshiping money and corporations like some kind of gods, I don't see it happening.
    Likes jaders liked this post
    your friendly neighborhood PR transient and compulsive post editor (~formerly known as disasterwhisperer)

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    By The Great Lake Erie
    Posts
    309
    DW4210 has a spectacular aura aboutDW4210 has a spectacular aura aboutDW4210 has a spectacular aura aboutDW4210 has a spectacular aura aboutDW4210 has a spectacular aura about

    We must see the same pompous pain management Dr. I gave him 5 years and went through every recommendation, but I drew the line at 6 weeks of pt. Hello Dr God I have a family I am helping my husband support, I can’t take 6 weeks off to learn to tell myself I am not in pain and play head games on myself and pt is going to make me hurt more and still no meds.

    - - - Updated - - -

    True story. I can get illegal street drugs easier than I can get a Dr to write me a script for pain, sleep and anxiety. On top of it being easier to get it is cheaper than what I pay to order what I need. Does that even seem reasonable? I don’t buy street drugs, but they are easy to get.
    Likes jaders, Bawston liked this post

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    869
    Bawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant future

    Quote Originally Posted by DW4210 View Post
    We must see the same pompous pain management Dr. I gave him 5 years and went through every recommendation, but I drew the line at 6 weeks of pt. Hello Dr God I have a family I am helping my husband support, I can’t take 6 weeks off to learn to tell myself I am not in pain and play head games on myself and pt is going to make me hurt more and still no meds.

    - - - Updated - - -

    True story. I can get illegal street drugs easier than I can get a Dr to write me a script for pain, sleep and anxiety. On top of it being easier to get it is cheaper than what I pay to order what I need. Does that even seem reasonable? I don’t buy street drugs, but they are easy to get.
    @DW4210 ... it baffles me that a doctor can even recommend something like an inhouse rehab program unless there are very specific goals and program benefits that can't be handled on an outpatient basis. It's like saying that I need a physical therapist living with me to watch to make sure I do my exercises...yes, the ones that don't help.

    A while back I had looked into a program offered by a highly rated PT rehab facility in this area just to see what they offered. You had to live there, follow their exact timetable, couldn't leave or go out, participate in every group activity so you could all "talk through" your issues with the others, and of course do your own rehab exercises.

    Well first thing that crossed THAT off my list of possibles was how you were REQUIRED to get up at 6 friggin 30 AM!!! Only thing I do at 6:30 is go to the bathroom before crawling back into bed. Now why is 6:30 some magic get up time? How will that heal bulging discs and pinched nerves? What if I'm a night person?

    And I'm typically a private person in that I don't usually sit in public and tell anyone my life story (yes, a private forum is different to me and often very helpful for venting but a roomful of people? Nah). Again, how is telling my story to others going to heal me - we're not talking about psychological problems but structural problems and physical problems. And why would listening to someone else's story help me? I've got friends and you guys here who I'd rather listen to!

    Finally how great would it be if you paid your non refundable money and walked in to find yourself sitting across from that b*itch who went out with your college sweetheart, love of your life? (Just kidding but it could be anyone you don't want to 'share') with

  10. Doctors are a gigantic pain in the ass. My doc scheduled me for a follow-up blood pressure check yesterday. I got there 15 minutes early (just like they request me to do) and I sat in that goddam waiting room for over an hour, watching people with appointments AFTER mine go in ahead of me.

    I finally went up to the secretary and told her time is money and you've wasted enough of my money, so I'm leaving, and don't bother scheduling another appointment. She acted totally nonplussed, no apology, nothing. Why should she care? If they try and charge for the visit, I'm going to visit them in person and do a little attitude adjustment.

    **** this, I'm done with doc's, Imma order a cache of antibiotics ans blood pressure pills and screw the whole system. Of course, I have to still pay for a bloated insurance policy, so I loose either way.
    Drug criminalization is modern-day slavery.

  11. doctors are being jerks
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-30-2013, 11:02 PM
  2. CNN: It's Not You. Doctors Are Just Rude
    By Moon Shade in forum News
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-29-2013, 05:08 PM
  3. How Massive Profits Are Being Made Out of Mexico's Bloody Drug War
    By SamCro in forum Politics/ Religion/ Anything contentious
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-17-2013, 08:50 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2013, 12:50 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-12-2008, 09:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Protected by Copyscape CopySentry. Do not copy.