Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me on how to talk to my doctor Wednesday.....over anxiety!

sillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to behold

@feisty

Sorry this is a late reply...I've not been able to log in for a few weeks due to life stuffs & then my cellphone decided to totally blank out or lose ALL of my saved passwords & websites. I had hundreds saved... I have many email addys which I randomly change the passwords to so I couldn't even remember 1 place's password let alone the backup email addy to change my password to access a website!

Anyhow, I truly hope you're doing better & are in a state where they won't make you feel like a criminal just for trying to get help, if part ofthat help includes meds... I'm in the country's worst state for any pain &/or mental health patient, so because I have chronic pain that was very much made worse from all the physical injuries, the severe ongoing stress/anxiety...which I had NO CLUE until I started going thru all of my severe stress, how much it ramped up EVERY SINGLE pain symptom I have..it was a huge smack in the face for me because I don't have any history of stress or anxiety prior. I've always been a very laid back go w/the flow type. The stress & anxiety from all of the ongoing mental, emotional & physical abuse combined was far worse than the physical injuries alone...I had no clue how much worse my already high chronic pain symptoms could get until this happened!

Having chronic anxiety attacks now, PTSD, still having to live w/the effects of what was done to me, it has all been a completed trip! Like a horrid nightmare that never ends blended w/chronic anxiety, pain & every bad feeling you could ever imagine all rolled into 1.

I hope that you are able to get all the help & support you need! It's so important.. Because of my situation which changed my life to a polar opposite of what it's always been, I've had to go onto state health insurance which has made even getting access to a psychologist impossible! All they give you access to is councilors which is fine if they have the education &/or work background history to be able to help you w/all areas of abuse, major life changes, major life losses & ongoing issues combined. I've spent over 3 mos w/3 diff counsilors to literally have them not say or help me in any way, which made everything worse. It's like they literally have no clue what to say because they were either very new just out of school &/or didn't have any experience in dealing w/every possible major crisis at the same time. I've repeatedly asked for a referral to a psychologist but w/state insurance they don't give you that option. Unless I can pay out of pocket which clearly can't happen or I would be back on regular health insurance! It's made things worse for me, not having access to proper help. The labeling that goes on in my state has added a whole addition layer of fear to everything...sometimes I can't believe the times we live in...
    I hope you have a good support system from every angle & can get help w/every piece of the puzzle!

I wish you the very best. I know how scary the whole process is. If you ever need an ear, someone to talk to or just listen, please don't hesitate to reach out! Feel free to PM me any time!
    There's so many good people here too that are very helpful w/so much. I'd be lost w/o this place & all the good people here!

Big hugs & stay safe! I'm so glad your out, into the moving forward phase...
    Take care,
    SP
    Helpful Mrs Parker, songsiren, ludwig1961 Rated helpful

Farley is offline Banned Reason: Previously banned user (Missmolly)
    Farley will become famous soon enoughFarley will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by feisty View Post
    Ok here is back story and then my question.

I am a victim of domestic violence. Well should I say I am a SURVIVOR of domestic Violence. Because of that I have severe anxiety. I have society anxiety. I have a lot of panic attacks and I have agoraphobia. I also have severe insomnia which I have had that for over 20 years though as my brain won't shut off. I have been on all kinds of sleep meds from Ambien, lunesta, trasadone, Seroquel, Klonopin, etc.... I use to also be treated for my anxiety with Xanax (short acting) and sometimes I was giving Valium two hours before bed to calm down my brain and then I would take my sleep meds at bed time. Sometimes I was given higher dose of Xanax two hours before bed time to calm down brain activity then take sleep meds at bed time.

In Oct I relocated to a new city several hours away from my docs to get away from my abuser. I was out in a safe house for a short time because my abuser was stalking me again and they felt I was not safe were I was living. So I lost my pain management doctor and other docs. This caused me to come off ALL meds. All pain meds, sleep meds, anxiety meds etc. Since moving I have had some Major health issues start.

I started getting a major cough that will not go away. I do not smoke and never have. I also keep a sore throat now and stay hoarse. This all started around Thanksgiving and despite being on antibiotics, cough meds, Inhalers, allergy meds it just won't t get better. Then I started getting severe pain in both big toes . Omg I couldn't stand for the covers to even touch my right big toe at night. And my fingers started hurting really bad too. The. I couldn't bend down to put on my socks or pick anything up off the ground. As time went along I noticed other issues. The. I gained 35 pounds in a month. I eat healthy and I am a server and I am always getting in 15,000 steps a day so I was shocked. Finally I went to ER two weeks ago.

I have degenerative disc disease really bad along with sciatica and Spinal stenosis and annualar tear in my back. The ER doc said it could be Rheumatoid arthritis or tired to my thyroid. He definitely knows something is up with my thyroid but says the joint issues in my toes and hands could be thyroid or something else. So he wanted me to see the endocrinologist. But too see on I have to have a GP first.

Also the ER doc talked to me about my anxiety. They said all my anxiety, lack of sleep, and major panic attacks I have been having could also be having an affect on body. Which I did agree with him. He wanted me to talk to doc about my anxiety, my abuse, my agoraphobia etc...to get it all under control.

So Wednesday morning at 8am I see the GP. I am scared. I don't know how to bring up my issues with anxiety, lack of sleep, all the issues my body is going through and explain it correctly and not seem like a seeker to them. I know.now most docs label anxiety patients as drug seeking when I am so after from it. Thus the reason I have not been seen. Because I have so much severe anxiety and PTSD I don't know ow how to communicate how bad it is effecting my life.... And the ER doc was so concerned that he wanted me to get it back under control.

Can you guys give me some.words of wisdom on how to approach this new doc on how bad this is effecting me right now? I do t care how he treats my anxiety issues I just want to be treated is all.....

Should I explain how I was treated in the past for my anxiety or no? Please help....I am getting panicked just thinking about the appointment........
    Are you in the UK?, if so they have Independent Advocates, these are not ' Peer advocates' They are paid to advocate on your behalf. I think what you should do is to print off what you have just said and let the doctor read it, and bear in mind he /she hasto take time to process it. I am not sure what help is available for you and that doctor may not be able to tell you on the spot. If I were in your position,I would hand him what you printed here or write up another note, stressing what is bothering you and what YOU think will help you. I know most doctors are against meds, are there any organizations that helpsurvivors like yourself that you could ring up and ask for advice? I just noticed the date which you wrote this. I hope things have improved for you now.

I wanted to give an update on my anxiety issues. I go Ally got into a psychiatrist appointment at the end of Sept. I fell in love with her. She put me on low dose Xanax at night. She also put me on prazion for PTSD and I have seen her twice already. I have a big trial to testify in as the victim next month so I am seeing her twice a month until that is over.

As for the gout I never got into a podiatrist yet. I just couldn't afford it and my Insurance starts Dec 1 so I have mad an appointment for Dec. I still have lots of gout issues even tonight I am having issues. But I have changed my diet....and doing some mild exercise. I still feel 150!

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12