Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: pain drugs you can get without written scripts now

taralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond repute
    taralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond repute
    Depending on why you get the migraines, acetaminophen + diphenhydramine might help. The ratio for me is 1000mg Tylenol + 25mg of benedryl. I prefer a product that contained an antihistamine called phenyltoloxamine. The OTC version is no longer available though. I think it is available by prescription as Z-gesic or Flextra-650. I plan on asking my provider next time I see her.
    Helpful WiseCue, cajunbulldog, bluu Rated helpful
    Gentle when stroked, fierce when provoked

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Olart is offline Banned Reason: Offering meds in the forum and complaining about forum rules
    Olart will become famous soon enough

I have migraines for quite a few years. I started with Sumpatriptan 50mg, then 100mg, it stopped working. Doctor switched me to Rizatriptan 10mg ODT, that is probably the most effective because I am olso on 2.5mg Frovatriptan, but Frova acts like strong diuretic and takes a long time to act, but 2.5mg vs. let say 100mg of Sumatriptan I rather use Frova (they are very similar if you take it right before migraine onset). What I like about Rizatriptan ODT is it's quick action despite if migraine already fully blown or just coming -it helps either way. I hope this helps. Don't do ergot based meds, they a waste.

pearlsjam is a glorious beacon of lightpearlsjam is a glorious beacon of lightpearlsjam is a glorious beacon of lightpearlsjam is a glorious beacon of lightpearlsjam is a glorious beacon of lightpearlsjam is a glorious beacon of lightpearlsjam is a glorious beacon of lightpearlsjam is a glorious beacon of lightpearlsjam is a glorious beacon of lightpearlsjam is a glorious beacon of lightpearlsjam is a glorious beacon of light

Fioricet is the best thing I have found.
    Not The kind with codeine, the Tylenol caffeine buta.
    Although I haven't had a horrible migraine in a very long time.
    I used to get prescribed them.
    And had ordered from an online pharmacy before.
    Last edited by pearlsjam; 06-12-2017 at 08:28 AM.

5. I know this is an old thread, but just wanted to warn anyone that Stadol is a mixed agonist / antagoninst, much like bupenorphine. If you have a dependence on opiates/opiods, do NOT take Stadol as it will throw you into precipitated withdrawals. You would need to come off opiates before you could use Stadol and I'm not certain as to how efficacious it would be.
    Helpful Blackbird123, alumni Rated helpful
    Drug criminalization is modern-day slavery.

Spain has a spectacular aura aboutSpain has a spectacular aura aboutSpain has a spectacular aura aboutSpain has a spectacular aura aboutSpain has a spectacular aura aboutSpain has a spectacular aura about

I used to get 4-5 migraines a week and the doc put me on a small dose of anti depressants as they can change the chemicals in your brain and break the chain, migraine cycle. I stayed on them for 3 weeks and it seemed to work. I now just take a couple of Nurofen + as soon as the flashing lights, zig zags appear and if I am quick enough the migraine is not too bad at all. It's not very nice cutting grass with a migraine . I work for myself so have to bite my lip and carry on. Luckily my migraines have been much less recently. I also have Imigran but prefer Nurofen +

Missmolly is offline Banned Reason: Too argumentative and hostile to other members. Banned after multiple warnings.
    Missmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant future

Solphidiene Migraine is OTC and works well.

Well, I know you can basically get Tylenol or Aleve..(NSAIDS)

I think most over the counter drugs fall under those territories.

Lifeliver is a glorious beacon of lightLifeliver is a glorious beacon of lightLifeliver is a glorious beacon of lightLifeliver is a glorious beacon of lightLifeliver is a glorious beacon of lightLifeliver is a glorious beacon of lightLifeliver is a glorious beacon of lightLifeliver is a glorious beacon of lightLifeliver is a glorious beacon of lightLifeliver is a glorious beacon of lightLifeliver is a glorious beacon of light

Please go to a doctor that can work on your hormones. Bio-identical hormones have tremendous success with alleviating migraines!

Lifeliver is a glorious beacon of lightLifeliver is a glorious beacon of lightLifeliver is a glorious beacon of lightLifeliver is a glorious beacon of lightLifeliver is a glorious beacon of lightLifeliver is a glorious beacon of lightLifeliver is a glorious beacon of lightLifeliver is a glorious beacon of lightLifeliver is a glorious beacon of lightLifeliver is a glorious beacon of lightLifeliver is a glorious beacon of light

Solpadeine migraine is only available in UK (or Europe). We're not allowed in the US. I ordered it a lot from s pharmacy there but they insist on putting on the label what it is do it's been seized twice. I feel like I can't order it bc of them. I'd love to find another that would sell me more than 1 box - bc they charge $15-30 for shipping!!!

coachmcguirk is a jewel in the roughcoachmcguirk is a jewel in the roughcoachmcguirk is a jewel in the roughcoachmcguirk is a jewel in the roughcoachmcguirk is a jewel in the roughcoachmcguirk is a jewel in the roughcoachmcguirk is a jewel in the roughcoachmcguirk is a jewel in the rough

An interesting fact related to this question (though not the extremely specific original author's problem) is that Sched 4 meds (like tramadol) can be written with refills, but sched 2-3 meds have to have each month/script written out separately. I get both types, but it never occurred to me before that this was the pattern, so I'm writing this post as penance

Morals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by coachmcguirk View Post
    An interesting fact related to this question (though not the extremely specific original author's problem) is that Sched 4 meds (like tramadol) can be written with refills, but sched 2-3 meds have to have each month/script written out separately. I get both types, but it never occurred to me before that this was the pattern, so I'm writing this post as penance
    I really miss the days when tramadolmwas unscheduled and you could get it at any OP quickly for a price or at any IOP cheaply for pennies per pill. After years of regular opiate use, tramadol no longer has much of an effect on me, but it was nice to have the seratonin boost with tramadol when I used to take it, it helped my pain and my mood at the same time.
    Likes coachmcguirk, Qtrgirl liked this post

coachmcguirk is a jewel in the roughcoachmcguirk is a jewel in the roughcoachmcguirk is a jewel in the roughcoachmcguirk is a jewel in the roughcoachmcguirk is a jewel in the roughcoachmcguirk is a jewel in the roughcoachmcguirk is a jewel in the roughcoachmcguirk is a jewel in the rough

Something I'll mention in resonponse to @Morals' post because it's also hugely relevant to the original migraine topic....nortriptylene. The biggest part of tramadol's effect on pain (besides opioid, obviously) is the SNRI effect. Norepinephrine/noradrenaline has a huge impact on the perception of pain in the brain. Anyone who's taken adderall and felt their pain fade into almost nothing has felt this exact effect (NE is the breakdown product of dopamine).

It can have a lot of side effects (constipation for weeks, anyone?), but is also the most effective medication I have taken outside of an opioid for pain. My friend takes it for migraines and it is pretty much the "core" of his strategy. I'll be trying it again also, if I can figure out the GI problems for me, but anyone with any kind of pain should be looking into this. Extremely serious recommendation here.
    Helpful Gullible, delldudeusa, bluu Rated helpful

i've never heard of steroid dose pack's for treatment of migraine (mentioned earlier in thread). is that a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by coachmcguirk View Post
    Something I'll mention in resonponse to @Morals' post because it's also hugely relevant to the original migraine topic....nortriptylene. The biggest part of tramadol's effect on pain (besides opioid, obviously) is the SNRI effect. Norepinephrine/noradrenaline has a huge impact on the perception of pain in the brain. Anyone who's taken adderall and felt their pain fade into almost nothing has felt this exact effect (NE is the breakdown product of dopamine).

It can have a lot of side effects (constipation for weeks, anyone?), but is also the most effective medication I have taken outside of an opioid for pain. My friend takes it for migraines and it is pretty much the "core" of his strategy. I'll be trying it again also, if I can figure out the GI problems for me, but anyone with any kind of pain should be looking into this. Extremely serious recommendation here.
    @coachmcguirk
    I also am prescribed nortriptylene, for neuropathy. As a matter of fact, I mentioned it last night, in another thread. I also take Lyrica, for the same condition, but it was destroying my short term memory, so I cut down, and it was the Lyrica, as I had to identify which med was causing it.. The only severe side effect for me, with the nortriptylene, is the extreme dry mouth. I actually cannot leave my house, without a bottled water, or a Snapple, because the dry mouth comes on like a ton of bricks, and it is torturous without a liquid in the car. I don't think it helps me, as much as you, but I'm happy at least one of us gets some relief.

A friend was getting migraines, but they further diagnosed the migraines to cluster headaches. They prescribed Topamax, and it worked wonders.
    Helpful bluu, Blackbird123 Rated helpful

Topamax will cause you to lose serious weight - could be a good or bad thing. It also causes memory loss and I eventually had to get off of it. All that weight came back with a vengeance
    Helpful Blackbird123 Rated helpful

17. Quote Originally Posted by bluu View Post
    i've never heard of steroid dose pack's for treatment of migraine (mentioned earlier in thread). is that a thing?
    Yes it is but from my experience it is more for cluster headaches than migraines. Cluster headaches come in cycles and this is used to break the cycle. The Imitrex Shot is great also for cluster headaches and for migraines. Very expensive if no insurance. Sometimes you can find a individual own pharmacy that will sell the generic cheaper than the large stores. Works well if you have vomiting with your headaches and can not keep anything down.
    Helpful bluu Rated helpful

18. @ethom topamax is very hit or miss. It’s actually an anticonvulsant with quite a few off label uses. It does work for some people but we call it dumbpomax in the medical field for a reason. It tends to have a bad habit of really messing with cognitive function, particularly when you first start taking it. I’m a long term migraine sufferer and have tried just about every prophylactic treatment there is, beta blockers, Botox, you name it. I have never had any luck. The ONLY thing that helps with my migraines are triptans and sometimes excedrin. Don’t buy the migraine version of excedrin, it’s more expensive and same active ingredients as plain excedrin. Also don’t use on a regular basis because it will cause rebound headaches. Eletriptan is my favorite triptan but I also use imitrex sometimes. The bad part is insurance limits how much you can have per month. So I alternate between the two.
    Helpful blueroan17, calgal99 Rated helpful

I know this will sound crazy but when I get a migraine, especially one my prescription meds don’t help I take some Thera-Gesic, yes that otc, pain relieving cream for sore muscles and rub it on my forehead. I usually get a migraine on the right side of my head so I’ll rub some Thera-gestic on, wait a couple minutes and rub some more on. It may sting a bit and your skin will turn red, you’ll smell like a wintergreen lifesaver for a bit but it actually helps. Do not get it in your eyes or too close to your eyes..because burns like he!!

You may have to repeat the application in 20 to 30 minutes but it really does help.
    Helpful Gullible Rated helpful

Gladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant future

My MD can send the local pharmacy schedule 2 scripts via an encrypted email. I am not sure if this is available in all states. The pharmacy will also hold sch. 2 refills in their system and they can be picked-up every 27-30 days. I would think this could work for a bad migraine with a small hydrocodone or oxycodone script.
    Last edited by Gladheart; 1 Week Ago at 09:18 PM.
    Live Free or Die

21. I used to get terrible migraines. They prescribed imitrex but they knocked me out so badly I stopped taking them.

22. pain drugs you can get without written scripts now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast