Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Allergic to adhesive of Butrans patch

Quote Originally Posted by dinger View Post
    If you find that Buprenorphine, is a really good pain killer for you. They are sublingaul tablets versions of the drug.
    Ask your doctor about it.
    Oh wow, that sounds great. I'll look it up, but are they same schedule?

dinger is just really nicedinger is just really nicedinger is just really nicedinger is just really nicedinger is just really nicedinger is just really nicedinger is just really nicedinger is just really nicedinger is just really nicedinger is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by TiredMouse View Post
    Oh wow, that sounds great. I'll look it up, but are they same schedule?
    Am sure they are, i believe in the Netherlands its a schedule 2 and schedule 3 every way else.
    I have also read my Transtec pain patch is a schedule 2 due to the amount is given.
    To be really honest, Am not really sure myself to be honest. wikipedea??? Buprenorphine and you will see what they come in.
    But please speak to a doctor first, as they are used for pain and for people with opioid habbits.
    Hence while you read about it, they are several different ones.
    Helpful TiredMouse Rated helpful

Am sure they are, i believe in the Netherlands its a schedule 2 and schedule 3 every way else.
    I have also read my Transtec pain patch is a schedule 2 due to the amount is given.
    To be really honest, Am not really sure myself to be honest. wikipedea??? Buprenorphine and you will see what they come in.
    But please speak to a doctor first, as they are used for pain and for people with opioid habbits.
    Hence while you read about it, they are several different ones.
    Thanks for the info. And don't worry, I do this through a doctor. I have chronic pain. Which is brilliant while trying to live a normal life
    Likes dinger liked this post

COSGringo is offline Banned Reason: Reluctantly had to kick off COSGringo because he became consistently belligerent
    COSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond repute
    COSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by TiredMouse View Post
    Hi I use this for pain management (prescribed by my doctor) and I have an allergic reaction to the adhesive. I've been hesitating to mention it to my doctor because I love the benefits of the meds, it works so well and the 24 hour dosing keeps me feeling stable. So I don't want him to take it away. Are there any reasonable alternatives or ideas anyone has that I can suggest? I see him again in a few days. I'm just not going to mention it if there's a risk of losing it. The pain is so much better now, I can't bear the thought of losing that.
    Hey there. I read through so I hope I did not miss a mention of this but is it possible to try another manufacturer/generic? Perhaps the adhesive is different.

I was on that patch but it was not enough sadly for me. I do use a fentanyl patch and I get some redness at times, sometimes I get it from tapes I use at times. Whether it's Tegaderm or Askina (mylan supplied). It seems to be something beyond just the adhesive. Probably a combination of things.

I have to use the tape as I do "Watsu" and other aquatic therapy. I don't want them to wash off. Not a good situation since they are schedule II for mine.

I have seen folks that simply cannot use patches. I've read others that had to do tweaks and used some type of skin product that helped. I don't recall but I went through MANY MANY forums about spine problems and pain patches.

Personally I am glad my patch helps me some and I don't need as many pills. I just don't like the hot water pool I go to for my therapy and try to keep my patch out of the water- I realize overall body heat is a problem too.

Best wishes.

I have done some research and it doesn't seem there's a different adhesive to this particular from what I can see. I might underplay the seriousness of the rash and see if my doctor suggests an alternative. I know I don't need a stronger med (thankfully and I'm sorry for your situation) and many on these other butrans forums suggest the fentanyl patch because it's three days. But I don't want that. And I also think you need to be under a PM clinic for that which I don't have the ability to do. So a bit more research is in my future and probably a lot more red square marks on my body :/. I'll only give it up if it starts to blister wherever I put it, basically. It helps to much to just give up on.

Quote Originally Posted by COSGringo View Post
    Hey there. I read through so I hope I did not miss a mention of this but is it possible to try another manufacturer/generic? Perhaps the adhesive is different.

I was on that patch but it was not enough sadly for me. I do use a fentanyl patch and I get some redness at times, sometimes I get it from tapes I use at times. Whether it's Tegaderm or Askina (mylan supplied). It seems to be something beyond just the adhesive. Probably a combination of things.

I have to use the tape as I do "Watsu" and other aquatic therapy. I don't want them to wash off. Not a good situation since they are schedule II for mine.

I have seen folks that simply cannot use patches. I've read others that had to do tweaks and used some type of skin product that helped. I don't recall but I went through MANY MANY forums about spine problems and pain patches.

Personally I am glad my patch helps me some and I don't need as many pills. I just don't like the hot water pool I go to for my therapy and try to keep my patch out of the water- I realize overall body heat is a problem too.

Best wishes.
    Helpful COSGringo, novalentinehere Rated helpful

Sassypat has a reputation beyond reputeSassypat has a reputation beyond reputeSassypat has a reputation beyond reputeSassypat has a reputation beyond reputeSassypat has a reputation beyond reputeSassypat has a reputation beyond reputeSassypat has a reputation beyond reputeSassypat has a reputation beyond reputeSassypat has a reputation beyond reputeSassypat has a reputation beyond reputeSassypat has a reputation beyond reputeSassypat has a reputation beyond reputeSassypat has a reputation beyond reputeSassypat has a reputation beyond reputeSassypat has a reputation beyond reputeSassypat has a reputation beyond reputeSassypat has a reputation beyond reputeSassypat has a reputation beyond reputeSassypat has a reputation beyond reputeSassypat has a reputation beyond repute
    Sassypat has a reputation beyond reputeSassypat has a reputation beyond reputeSassypat has a reputation beyond reputeSassypat has a reputation beyond repute
    Can you drive on this stuff?
    Likes novalentinehere liked this post

7. Re driving on the patch: The substances contained in pain patches are on the list of drugs to test for (Fent, Bupe, etc.) should an incident occur. Make sure you know how the meds affect you before you start driving and make sure you have a valid Rx. If you get into an accident where liability must be assessed and they pull a tube of your blood for toxicology you could be in a lot of trouble if your paperwork is not in order.

I hope this helps.

Ive been on bupe for 10+ years. I think you should just ask for tablets, really. Ive tried all the usa kinds of tablets, film, and patches (but not the 1 month long injection), and tablets beat them all. At least for me. They are also the cheapest here.
    If I were you Id get tabs and make a solution in 50% ethanol and water. Then use volumetric dosing that way, if you want to keep your dose super low. Keeping plasma levels up has never been an issue for me, bupe has a 37 hour half life. I think you could get away with once a day to 3 times max.
    Just some suggestions. I always hated the patches. Other countries offer smaller doses on pill form, so maybe you wouldnt have to do anything but sublingual half or a quarter of a pill.
    Hope this helps. Any bupe questions Im happy to answer, I think Im somewhat qualified when it comes to this drug.
    Ask me anything about classical guitar.

dinger is just really nicedinger is just really nicedinger is just really nicedinger is just really nicedinger is just really nicedinger is just really nicedinger is just really nicedinger is just really nicedinger is just really nicedinger is just really nice

I think i am about 9 to 10 years also.. I am on bupe for chronic back pain. I have only had 2 dose changes in they years. I started out on butrans 20mcg for 4-5 years.
    And been on transec 35 mcg dose for the same time... I do get prescribed 2mg sublingaul for breakthrough to... For me i found i got less side effects on the patches..
    Compared to the sublingaul tablets. ( but every one is different as we know) you do better pain relief with the sublingaul tablets. But it took me long time to adjust with the
    Two together!! but over time its got [email protected] i seen a advert when i was streaming usa TV the other night about this month long injection!! its on the market were you live... is this also on the market for chronic pain ?? thanks

calgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond repute
    calgal99 has a reputation beyond repute
    [QUOTE=TiredMouse;763420]
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzlestick View Post
    No I went back to good old Oxycontin. I have a moderately compassionate doctor and so I take what he prescribes and don't press my luck as it took some convincing to get that script from him.

Before switching, you may want to check to see if the adhesive or the possibly a latex compound is in both patches. Which would mean the Fent patch would cause the allergy too.

See I take norco which barely cuts it. I mean it really doesn't. But don't you need to go to PM for oxy? I don't have the ability to do that, logistically. Probably Fent would require that too, plus it's too strong. I need to be mentally aware at all times.
    @TiredMouse, please do consider mentioning this to the doctor. But, before you do, have you tried using aloe vera gel (or a colloidal silver salve, often used to treat burns) on the location where the patch was, after you've removed it? (And I guess it goes without saying, try to place the next patch in a different location, while you try to let the skin heal from the previous patch.) It sounds like you are allergic to the adhesive itself, which is a not-infrequent side effect.

Bottom line, if you can deal with the irritation/treat it in-between placing the patch on the same place, then that would be the best approach for you. But if aloe (or some other, similar skin-irritation treatment product) doesn't seem to work, or if the reaction gets worse, then it may be time to bite the bullet, call your doctor and try a different painkiller-delivery method. Patch-based meds have to use an adhesive, and if you can't tolerate the adhesive, then you'll have to return to a less helpful method of getting your meds.

I am so sorry this is happening to you, allergies to meds and to products can be a real PITA to try to live with, or live through!

Peace.

I think i am about 9 to 10 years also.. I am on bupe for chronic back pain. I have only had 2 dose changes in they years. I started out on butrans 20mcg for 4-5 years.
    And been on transec 35 mcg dose for the same time... I do get prescribed 2mg sublingaul for breakthrough to... For me i found i got less side effects on the patches..
    Compared to the sublingaul tablets. ( but every one is different as we know) you do better pain relief with the sublingaul tablets. But it took me long time to adjust with the
    Two together!! but over time its got [email protected] i seen a advert when i was streaming usa TV the other night about this month long injection!! its on the market were you live... is this also on the market for chronic pain ?? thanks
    I think not. Also there is a subcutaneous rod they implant above your buttock that releases bupe for a long period of time. I have a friend thats got that one.
    Ask me anything about classical guitar.

Spray the area you are going to apply the patch with Flonase or Fluticasone nasal spray and let dry. Then apply the patch, helps with the allergic reaction of the skin and adhesive. Helps the itch tremendously and the welt after you take it off.
    Helpful ludwig1961 Rated helpful

13. i recently had some skin cancer frozen off and had to wear band-aids for a week. after a few days i broke out in a rash and then had the red image of the band-aids imprinted on my skin. i guess i developed a sudden allergy to adhesive. it was bad enough having a band-aid on my forehead for a week: then i had the stigmata of one for two weeks more. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by notcharlotte View Post
    i recently had some skin cancer frozen off and had to wear band-aids for a week. after a few days i broke out in a rash and then had the red image of the band-aids imprinted on my skin. i guess i developed a sudden allergy to adhesive. it was bad enough having a band-aid on my forehead for a week: then i had the stigmata of one for two weeks more. lol.
    And that is why I only buy latex free bandaids. Cost a little more but totally worth it.
    Likes notcharlotte liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12