Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Had a tram seizure

1. Does anyone think that Tramadol causing seizures could be related to ones own dopamine system? B/C Wellbutrin also causes seizures...I always thought that since i had such low dopamine i was fine. If i get enough dopamine in my system i calm down. I will be making an appt with a shrinknext week. I am ppretty sure i have ADD- just realized this last yr. I guess i will divluge all my self med's to the shrink.
    But suffering from MDD since i was a kid- so for 40 yr's- nothing has worked but dopamine increasing agents. ANyway- it is just a thought as to why some people get seizures while on these meds and some do not....But glad you are OK. THe MDD is partially caused by boredom. ANd impatience. I can't live like this for another 40 yr's. ALso- i cam convinced that ADD symptoms are made worse after yr's of chronic stress and the H PYLORI bacteria. sorry- off topic.
    Likes Estee liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Had a tram seizure
    tramadol's relation to causing seizures is due to its SSRI effect lowering seizure threshold.
    withdrawal from tramadol can cause it
    being on tramadol can cause it

withdrawing from benzos can cause it
    withdrawing from benzos and tramadol can DEFINITELY cause it and lower your seizure threshold more than one or the other
    Likes Estee, hangover liked this post

Estee has a spectacular aura aboutEstee has a spectacular aura aboutEstee has a spectacular aura aboutEstee has a spectacular aura aboutEstee has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Heymirth View Post
    Please start a separate thread for this story. It will help others to see the truth and stop?

How much did you take or what was ur daily usage
    Thanks, I may do that.

As far as that day, my dosage was 200 mg. 100 in the morning and I had dosed my second 100mg about 1 hour before the seizure. The seizure occurred at about 3:30pm.

So... I didn't take that much. Thats what's scary about it.

hangover has a spectacular aura abouthangover has a spectacular aura abouthangover has a spectacular aura abouthangover has a spectacular aura about

Taper... taper ... if you are taking alot never go cold turkey. Drop gradually over weeks if you can.

Tapering is key. Even Neurontin can cause seizures if stopped abruptly.

For those who experienced a tram seizure, were there any signs (now looking back.) This scares me so much but I also feel like tram gave me my life back.
    Helpful Stevo2 Rated helpful

7. Yes I agree tapering is key and if you use it a long time use long time to get rif off it.

8. Quote Originally Posted by ethom View Post
    Tapering is key. Even Neurontin can cause seizures if stopped abruptly.I

For those who experienced a tram seizure, were there any signs (now looking back.) This scares me so much but I also feel like tram gave me my life back.
    I had a seizure once on too much tram. Had the seizure in the middle of coitus with the spouse. Seizures come on when exhausted or due to lack of sleep and stress. You will get a bit twitchy in the muscles but that was the only sign I noticed. It's a terrible thing to have a seizure. I was exhausted days after that.

I haven't had a seizure yet, but I have noticed some major involuntary muscle jerks lately, especially when trying to lay still and go to sleep. Not little twitches here and there, but whole limbs that will unexpectedly do a quick jerk or movement. Haven't had this happen in the past, but I'm on an unhealthy dose amount lately, about 1000mgs/day. Hope it doesn't turn into a full blown seizure!

10. Omg please lower your dosage. You really don't want to have a seizure. It could lead to death. Please try to lower your dose or space them out more evenly. Yes the muscle twitches are an indicator that you are taking too many.
    Helpful typicalsquare Rated helpful

Stevo, please lower your dose. Those movements are likely a form of seizures. Im talking from experience. If you're having the jerks now, it will get worse. When it does happen, you'll likely experience it again. I have both shoulders surgically repaired due to seizures from Tramadol. I was taking 50mg every Tues and Thurs nights, then some more during the day after PT for a diff issue. I had the first seizure asleep, woke up w/L shoulder pain, thought I was having a heart attack. Turned out I had the seizure in my sleep. Only way I found out, the ER gave me 50mg one time when my shoulder popped out and I had a seizure in front of them.
    I just had another seizure because my friends put Tramadol in what I thought was paracetamol. I took 3 and had abt a 3min seizure. This was after prob of a yr of not having any.
    Good thoughts to you!

Morals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo2 View Post
    I haven't had a seizure yet, but I have noticed some major involuntary muscle jerks lately, especially when trying to lay still and go to sleep. Not little twitches here and there, but whole limbs that will unexpectedly do a quick jerk or movement. Haven't had this happen in the past, but I'm on an unhealthy dose amount lately, about 1000mgs/day. Hope it doesn't turn into a full blown seizure!
    Anything over 400mg a day puts you at risk. You could have already had a seizure and not know it. I had a friend who seized on tramadol right in front of me. After it happened and I told them what happened, they didn't believe me, they thought they just nodded off. It was really scary.

Yes, it's too many, I know. Any less though and I feel gross from withdrawal symptoms. Tolerance has been building a long time now. I've been on and off this stuff, mainly on, for 10 years now, without a seizure, so I'm assuming I'm not one of the folks who is prone to them. Still, I worry about a first time hitting me unexpectedly at some point. Thanks for the advice, which is the same good advice I was giving people a few years back (when I could still keep my dose at 400 mgs or less).
    Helpful Linlin Rated helpful

14. I take about 800 mg a day bit was taking much more when I had a seizure. I understand what you're going through. It's so tough to taper especially after being on them over 12 years. Sounds like we're in the same boat.
    Helpful Stevo2, Linlin Rated helpful

Morals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo2 View Post
    Yes, it's too many, I know. Any less though and I feel gross from withdrawal symptoms. Tolerance has been building a long time now. I've been on and off this stuff, mainly on, for 10 years now, without a seizure, so I'm assuming I'm not one of the folks who is prone to them. Still, I worry about a first time hitting me unexpectedly at some point. Thanks for the advice, which is the same good advice I was giving people a few years back (when I could still keep my dose at 400 mgs or less).
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmomma78 View Post
    I take about 800 mg a day bit was taking much more when I had a seizure. I understand what you're going through. It's so tough to taper especially after being on them over 12 years. Sounds like we're in the same boat.
    I understand what you guys are going through, I took very high dose tramadol for years, I started to taper down after my friend had multiple seizures. You have a long hard road ahead of you. I tapered down over months. When I finally stopped I had opiate withdrawals for about two weeks, but the ssri/ssni withdrawals lasted months.

I still take daily pain medication, now I'm on a combination of high CBD, low THC, and moderate DHC.
    Helpful Mrs Parker, Stevo2 Rated helpful
    Likes Linlin, john lurker liked this post

Linlin is a jewel in the roughLinlin is a jewel in the roughLinlin is a jewel in the roughLinlin is a jewel in the roughLinlin is a jewel in the roughLinlin is a jewel in the roughLinlin is a jewel in the roughLinlin is a jewel in the rough

I hate Tram, even though I've been on it for several years and it is also lifesaver to me as well as many (decrepit neck). I did discover doing some research Tram was supposedly invented by Nazis and tested on whoever. So, not too surprised at the problems it can cause. I've also heard they invented methadone.
    Happiness never decreases from being shared

Mira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond repute
    Mira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Linlin View Post
    I hate Tram, even though I've been on it for several years and it is also lifesaver to me as well as many (decrepit neck). I did discover doing some research Tram was supposedly invented by Nazis and tested on whoever. So, not too surprised at the problems it can cause. I've also heard they invented methadone.
    Nazi's?

Tramadol was first introduced in Germany by the company Grunenthal (now Stada) in the late 70's. It didnt come to the US until the mid 90's.
    Methadone is also from Germany but its very old. Not too sure if Nazi's had anything to do with either drug. Hadnt heard that one before.

Germans also created aspirin. (Bayer).
    Creative bunch over there....
    Likes davidpaul, snowy, Brak liked this post
    Seize the time. Live now; make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again. Picard

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    Nazi's?

Tramadol was first introduced in Germany by the company Grunenthal (now Stada) in the late 70's. It didnt come to the US until the mid 90's.
    Methadone is also from Germany but its very old. Not too sure if Nazi's had anything to do with either drug. Hadnt heard that one before.

Methadone was invented in Germany in 1937. And was used extensively during WW2.

Perhaps linlin refers to all mid 1900s Germans as Nazis?

Linlin is a jewel in the roughLinlin is a jewel in the roughLinlin is a jewel in the roughLinlin is a jewel in the roughLinlin is a jewel in the roughLinlin is a jewel in the roughLinlin is a jewel in the roughLinlin is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    Nazi's?

Well I read it was being or tested out by Nazis. But then I've read it was first created in 1962 by a German drug co. I don't think it was FDA approved till the 70's. I like the Nazi story bc of how much I love to hate Tramadol.

Quote Originally Posted by Morals View Post
    Methadone was invented in Germany in 1937. And was used extensively during WW2.

Perhaps linlin refers to all mid 1900s Germans as Nazis?
    Noooo, I don't lol. I did read all that, but I've read conflicting info as well. Only Nazis are Nazis, not Germans in general
    Likes Morals liked this post

snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    Well I actually have a tiny bit of knowledge about the Nazis.
    They actually all used Meth in pill form, I don't recall the name of it, but that might be what @Linlin is referring to.
    I've heard about them using anything they could get their hands on because of the things they were forced to do.
    Okay class, history lesson is over.
    Helpful davidpaul, Linlin Rated helpful
    Likes Brak liked this post

22. Had a tram seizure
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast