Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 81

Thread: Opioid Abuse Bills Going Before Congress

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Roswell, NM.
    Posts
    9,154
    Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by sammycatgirl View Post
    I feel your pain, no joke. I had an infected molar, very infected. Two weeks ago. It was so difficult to get out. She said "I'm sorry I cant write you anything but Naprosyn" knowing I literally have an active ulcer. She said it will hurt quite a bit, I had to remove bone and tissue. I didn't ask, I didn't say a word. Then I got dry socket. I didn't ask for pain meds, despite being in agony. I was offered nothing. Ended up having to take ibuprofen which caused the bleeding not to stop for 4 days and I threw up from acid. Ridiculous.
    I've had way too many of those infected molars or abscesses.
    I always got Vicodin because I was already in pain when I went in there so I got the script
    (4 days worth 16 tabs) in advance of the procedure rather than after.
    Maybe they were worried I would go to another more compassionate dentist?

    Anyway I've had Naproysn many times and it's very mild.
    Likes Rylee, Linlin liked this post

  2.  
    Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Opioid Abuse Bills Going Before Congress
  3. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Hotel California
    Posts
    1,378
    Rylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant future

    Quote Originally Posted by Roz View Post
    I've had way too many of those infected molars or abscesses.
    I always got Vicodin because I was already in pain when I went in there so I got the script
    (4 days worth 16 tabs) in advance of the procedure rather than after.
    Maybe they were worried I would go to another more compassionate dentist?

    Anyway I've had Naproysn many times and it's very mild.
    I agree most of these posts. It's mostly the illegal stuff they're OD from. Sure some younger people take their parents meds & like that high then move onto Heroin. Either way this opioid abuse with people oding/dying Is mostly from heroin. I don't know any older person who would go get H to get a high! Parents Need to keep their meds safe! Yeah kids are sneaky but aren't we supposed to be smarter?!

    Nowadays most Drs will only write a week or so worth of pain RX if not a couple days for breakthrough pain. (Unless chronic & lord help those people with awful cancers etc...)

    I feel this admin is trying to control Every aspect of our lives, be it taxes, insurance, Drs prescribing, etc... And what is that called? Communism! Traditionally the left is the party people say heads in that direction. (Not to offend, but live in an area of mostly rightys).

    But if this adm doesn't look like total control & being in bed with Big Business, (not just pharma) I don't know what does!

    Not to mention the N. Korea situation! Idk the answer, (well I do but it's unpopular) yet our admin seems to think baiting them even more is a good idea? Too many lives at risk in near proximity of their capability. There Has to be another way than killing or maiming so many humans! BTW I'm for Candiate, Not party. Those days are long gone for me, no one is always right.

    Twitter Trump needs to be banned from Twitter or someone else take control of his account! It's not a good look for Pres of US -POTUS to be tweeting all his crazy thoughts, that's for "normal" people, crazy or not. Yet Every morning new Twitter rants from this guy. He sounds like a teenager that got ahold of that account & doesn't think before posting! Kind of drives me crazy, too much for the president of the US! Whether he's baiting or warning shouldn't be done via Twitter (ok Mr Rylee are u better with that).

    I do think the bills that will be (hastily) passed will only do more harm, once again another failed attempt to control people needing help with PAIN! It won't hurt the Heroin users who are dying in droves!
    Just people who truly need help.

    My cousin is a long time heroin user & recently got out of jail due to ODing then being thrown in for paraphernalia & is currently in the hospital due to another illness & I'm worried, he's going to go back out there in a day or 2 & do the same amount he did before & that's where a huge problem lies after being in jail.

    Sorry all this is very close to me & I have Strong feelings of needing forward thinking administration & doctors being Allowed to do their job & im not talking about the days of pill mill doctors! We all need to hang on, this is only going to be worse than it currently is for those in true need.

    This is an interesting drug I've never heard of. It sure sounds like it needs more research, you have to read up yourself but here's the original thread here. Please help me find a vendor for Proglumide?! PLEASE
    Last edited by Rylee; 08-12-2017 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Added link/auto Not correct
    Helpful Linlin, pmpl, Mrs Parker, Blackbird123 Rated helpful
    Likes Roz, Bawston liked this post
    The greatness of a nation & its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.

  4. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Roswell, NM.
    Posts
    9,154
    Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by notcharlotte View Post
    now i go to pain management and get two pills per day.
    i assume that makes me responsible for three people!
    If one pill lasts 4 to 6 hours, the maximum relief time from pain would be 12 hrs max
    in any given day. If there are 24hrs in a day then what are you supposed to do for the other 12 hours?
    Last edited by Roz; 08-12-2017 at 09:05 PM.
    Likes Rylee, Bawston liked this post

  5. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Beat Down Lane
    Posts
    262
    Linlin is just really niceLinlin is just really niceLinlin is just really niceLinlin is just really niceLinlin is just really niceLinlin is just really niceLinlin is just really niceLinlin is just really niceLinlin is just really nice

    @jannie you are so right. You'll be in agony, and I don't care. Seriously!! What is going on!! No compassion....

    - - - Updated - - -

    Don't get me started on taxes. They have somehow "annexed" our home and now we are paying county and city taxes, $10K a year. We are no where near the city. Bunch of aholes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylee View Post
    I agree most of these posts. It's mostly the illegal stuff they're OD from. Sure some younger people take their parents meds & like that high then move onto Heroin. Either way this opioid abuse with people oding/dying Is mostly from heroin. I don't know any older person who would go get H to get a high! Parents Need to keep their meds safe! Yeah kids are sneaky but aren't we supposed to be smarter?!

    Nowadays most Drs will only write a week or so worth of pain RX if not a couple days for breakthrough pain. (Unless chronic & lord help those people with awful cancers etc...)

    I feel this admin is trying to control Every aspect of our lives, be it taxes, insurance, Drs prescribing, etc... And what is that called? Communism! Traditionally the left is the party people say heads in that direction. (Not to offend, but live in an area of mostly rightys).

    But if this adm doesn't look like total control & being in bed with Big Business, (not just pharma) I don't know what does!

    Not to mention the N. Korea situation! Idk the answer, (well I do but it's unpopular) yet our admin seems to think baiting them even more is a good idea? Too many lives at risk in near proximity of their capability. There Has to be another way than killing or maiming so many humans! BTW I'm for Candiate, Not party. Those days are long gone for me, no one is always right.

    Twitter Trump needs to be banned from Twitter or someone else take control of his account! It's not a good look for Pres of US -POTUS to be tweeting all his crazy thoughts, that's for "normal" people, crazy or not. Yet Every morning new Twitter rants from this guy. He sounds like a teenager that got ahold of that account & doesn't think before posting! Kind of drives me crazy, too much for the president of the US! Whether he's baiting or warning shouldn't be done via Twitter (ok Mr Rylee are u better with that).

    I do think the bills that will be (hastily) passed will only do more harm, once again another failed attempt to control people needing help with PAIN! It won't hurt the Heroin users who are dying in droves!
    Just people who truly need help.

    My cousin is a long time heroin user & recently got out of jail due to ODing then being thrown in for paraphernalia & is currently in the hospital due to another illness & I'm worried, he's going to go back out there in a day or 2 & do the same amount he did before & that's where a huge problem lies after being in jail.

    Sorry all this is very close to me & I have Strong feelings of needing forward thinking administration & doctors being Allowed to do their job & im not talking about the days of pill mill doctors! We all need to hang on, this is only going to be worse than it currently is for those in true need.

    This is an interesting drug I've never heard of. It sure sounds like it needs more research, you have to read up yourself but here's the original thread here. Please help me find a vendor for Proglumide?! PLEASE
    Likes Rylee liked this post

  6. #65
    Missmolly is offline Banned Reason: Too argumentative and hostile to other members. Banned after multiple warnings.
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,296
    Missmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant future

    NOOO Twitter Trump is hilarious . He may beat Bush In terms of l us laughing about America. Trump talks like he is in a Movie, A kids one where he acts the baddie,

    You damned Right that parents should hide their pills ( I stole them once for a good )




    Quote Originally Posted by Rylee View Post
    I agree most of these posts. It's mostly the illegal stuff they're OD from. Sure some younger people take their parents meds & like that high then move onto Heroin. Either way this opioid abuse with people oding/dying Is mostly from heroin. I don't know any older person who would go get H to get a high! Parents Need to keep their meds safe! Yeah kids are sneaky but aren't we supposed to be smarter?!

    Nowadays most Drs will only write a week or so worth of pain RX if not a couple days for breakthrough pain. (Unless chronic & lord help those people with awful cancers etc...)

    I feel this admin is trying to control Every aspect of our lives, be it taxes, insurance, Drs prescribing, etc... And what is that called? Communism! Traditionally the left is the party people say heads in that direction. (Not to offend, but live in an area of mostly rightys).

    But if this adm doesn't look like total control & being in bed with Big Business, (not just pharma) I don't know what does!

    Not to mention the N. Korea situation! Idk the answer, (well I do but it's unpopular) yet our admin seems to think baiting them even more is a good idea? Too many lives at risk in near proximity of their capability. There Has to be another way than killing or maiming so many humans! BTW I'm for Candiate, Not party. Those days are long gone for me, no one is always right.

    Twitter Trump needs to be banned from Twitter or someone else take control of his account! It's not a good look for Pres of US -POTUS to be tweeting all his crazy thoughts, that's for "normal" people, crazy or not. Yet Every morning new Twitter rants from this guy. He sounds like a teenager that got ahold of that account & doesn't think before posting! Kind of drives me crazy, too much for the president of the US! Whether he's baiting or warning shouldn't be done via Twitter (ok Mr Rylee are u better with that).

    I do think the bills that will be (hastily) passed will only do more harm, once again another failed attempt to control people needing help with PAIN! It won't hurt the Heroin users who are dying in droves!
    Just people who truly need help.

    My cousin is a long time heroin user & recently got out of jail due to ODing then being thrown in for paraphernalia & is currently in the hospital due to another illness & I'm worried, he's going to go back out there in a day or 2 & do the same amount he did before & that's where a huge problem lies after being in jail.

    Sorry all this is very close to me & I have Strong feelings of needing forward thinking administration & doctors being Allowed to do their job & im not talking about the days of pill mill doctors! We all need to hang on, this is only going to be worse than it currently is for those in true need.

    This is an interesting drug I've never heard of. It sure sounds like it needs more research, you have to read up yourself but here's the original thread here. Please help me find a vendor for Proglumide?! PLEASE
    Likes Rylee, pmpl, Roz liked this post

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Roz View Post
    If one pill lasts 4 to 6 hours, the maximum relief time from pain would be 12 hrs max
    in any given day. If there are 24hrs in a day then what are you supposed to do for the other 12 hours?
    take ibuprofen and use ice, i kid you not. a dose of 5 mg only lasts really four hours, not matter what they say. i have to chose which parts of the day i want to be in pain. supposedly, the periodic cortisteroid shots reduce pain, but they have not worked yet. i have one scheduled for my hip next week, but i think if it doesn't work, i'll give them up.

    @Bawston, they had that punch bowl full of drugs thing on law and order one time, and i think it was a prom night too. it's a horrible situation, but a difficult one. a teenager determined to "party" is going to do so, whether it's pills or alcohol. we need to educate people about destroying unused meds, but the problem is worse than some parent's leftover vicodin. there just needs to be a step back from this all drugs are bad because a minority abuse them. we need more treatment and available treatment for problem kids, not such high deductibles that no one can afford the doctor's. people do get addicted to their prescribed meds, and they need to be able to admit that and find a solution without being shamed.
    Last edited by notcharlotte; 08-13-2017 at 09:20 AM.
    Helpful Binky Rated helpful
    Likes Bawston, Roz liked this post

  8. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Northern Indiana
    Posts
    4,506
    Keith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond repute
    Keith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond repute
    Opioid Addiction is a serious problem in this country.

    "The Cure" = ALCOHOL......Even the Great Leaders of our country, are seen at Events, with a drink in their hand....CHEERS!


    . 37751 band artist world iii 205 gif - Opioid Abuse Bills Going Before Congress.
    Last edited by Keith K Stone; 08-13-2017 at 11:35 PM.
    Helpful Binky, djrick Rated helpful
    Likes Rylee, FABLE liked this post
    "THE LUNATIC FRINGE" [**PUH- POW** ] I'm just a displaced country Hick...Or am I?

  9. @Bawston, how are things going at pain management? i was wondering if you still were trying to reduce or had changed doctors. i'm starting to see more and more articles admitting that the "prescription" med problem is being conflated with the heroin and fentanyl problem, and i hope that means some acknowledgment of the plight of pain patients. my doctor, at least, does not seem concerned about writing scripts, but that could be because of my low dose. i hope you're doing well and are not in pain.
    Helpful Binky Rated helpful
    Likes Bawston, djrick, FABLE liked this post

  10. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    579
    Bawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to behold

    Quote Originally Posted by notcharlotte View Post
    @Bawston, how are things going at pain management? i was wondering if you still were trying to reduce or had changed doctors. i'm starting to see more and more articles admitting that the "prescription" med problem is being conflated with the heroin and fentanyl problem, and i hope that means some acknowledgment of the plight of pain patients. my doctor, at least, does not seem concerned about writing scripts, but that could be because of my low dose. i hope you're doing well and are not in pain.
    @notcharlotte... I'm so sorry to not respond sooner but I haven't been on the forum for a while. All of a sudden my lower back and neck went into the red zone and I've spent most of my days flat on my back or trying to stretch my muscles out. (That's not related to the med issue but a separate problem all,on its own). But you'll probably be shaking your head (as I did) with my update on the pain meds!

    In the month before my scheduled 3 month required doctor visit I reduced my meds on my own by 1/3. I'd been taking (two) 20 mg in the morning and (one) 20 mg at bedtime. I tapered by sliding the time of the second morning pill by an hour until I felt comfortable without side effects until it became close in timing to the evening pill. Then I dropped that pill...20 mg completely.

    I went to my appointment and told her what I had accomplished and said that I'd now like to have my prescription in 10 mg pills so that I could do the same ... slowly as I felt comfortable until I was off the med completely. I also told her that whatever study she'd read saying that decreasing the meds actually HELPED with the pain was a bunch of baloney and that it was not my experience as my pain levels of fibromyalgia pain were much more intense.

    I kid you not but she seemed shocked and said..."wait, WHY are you doing this? The important thing is your pain levels".

    I looked her in the eyes and said "because it was obvious from our last visit that you are no longer comfortable prescribing for me, that I'm being made to feel like a criminal, it's been almost impossible to get my refill prescription on time, and that urine test after 15 years of compliance was mortifying"

    Well she didn't seem to remember how anxious she was for me to make the decision at our last appointment and she tried to say the urine test was only because she was worried about renewing her license. Also, that I was DOING IT WRONG. She told me how in her 'class' they explained this entire protocol of tapering using short acting versions, such as Percocet and that it needed close monitoring, etc.

    She knew I was furious and not buying what she was selling because I asked her if there was something wrong about my technique and being able to drop by 1/3. I told her it might take me a while but I preferred my way over hers of trying to play catchup with up and down swings of pain relief with short acting meds. I stood my ground and got the new prescription in 10 mg tablets and have been taping one of those.

    I'll do it because I am truly exhausted by how hard this state has made to get a prescription. When the new drug bill was passed by our governor we were assured that chronic pain patients "would be taken care of". Yeah, we've been taken care of all right. I guess I can be thankful to not have to go to one of the drug centers every month and be subjected to the condescending receptionists that I hear so many others on here have to deal with.

    But I'm 66 years old with many chronic medical conditions and if I do something like break an ankle (as happened a while ago) or get a root canal (as also happened), the ER or dentist doesn't understand that this ismpain above and beyond what I'm being treated for and they refuse (are afraid) to prescribe anything other than ibuprophen. I'm also on Medicare and since July have been in the donut hole so my prescriptions are sky high.

    Sorry for the long rant but I'm feeling a bit "touchy" about how people in pain are being treated.

    In the meantime I just got trigger point injections in my hip which did seem to help a bit with the lower back pain but I'm looking at months of PT.

    Also, I should maybe put this as a separate post, but I saw this article about how doctors attitudes and LACK of treatment has contributed to the heroin/fentanyl deaths... I think this is an important read:

    https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/4...gn=sharebutton

  11. @Bawston, your pm doc sounds like she's nuts. she's obviously not made any decisions on handling chronic pain, and i still encourage you to seek a more compassionate doc. mine postdated my next two scripts because of the holidays, much to my shock. i have had four cortisone shots this year, and it helped my labral tear for about two months. however, i won't have a hip replacement in this prescription climate because i won't beg for meds. i too hate being treated like a criminal.
    Helpful Whisperjet727 Rated helpful
    Likes Bawston, djrick liked this post

  12. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    579
    Bawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to behold

    Quote Originally Posted by notcharlotte View Post
    @Bawston, your pm doc sounds like she's nuts. she's obviously not made any decisions on handling chronic pain, and i still encourage you to seek a more compassionate doc. mine postdated my next two scripts because of the holidays, much to my shock. i have had four cortisone shots this year, and it helped my labral tear for about two months. however, i won't have a hip replacement in this prescription climate because i won't beg for meds. i too hate being treated like a criminal.
    @notcharlotte...doesn't it sound like I'm dealing with multiple personalities? Maybe she's got a twin and different ones show up each appointment! When I had my hip replacement surgery my surgeon was awesome! Not only one of the most experienced in Boston but also very realistic about what the pain would be after. The new laws hadn't gone into effect yet but he prescribed an adequate prescription and specifically told me to call his office for a new prescription in time for them to mail it to me so that I wouldn't have to go back in while recuperating.

    I don't think any doctor's in this state would postdate prescriptions but what they can do is put the current date and add "do not fill until...". I'm telling you, the doctor's in this state now are under a microscope and few are even willing to take a chronic pain patient...they're trying to push a law to make them send everyone to a pain clinic!

    I'm going for an MRI next Friday for the back and based on what shows up there, I may be trying the cortisone shot too. Two months relief sounds good to me if I can be back on my feet. I have no idea what even happened although I've had an achy back for a long time. I went out for a walk, everything was fine, then all of a sudden the pain was so intense I couldn't get back to the car. I was with my husband and we went about 20 feet, rested, 20 more, rested, etc.
    Helpful djrick, Blackbird123, notcharlotte Rated helpful

  13. @Bawston , I too am a chronic pain patient treated for over a decade with pain meds. Chronic pain meds will not address any type of acute pain. Scary, really.

  14. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Posts
    712
    C&T has a brilliant futureC&T has a brilliant futureC&T has a brilliant futureC&T has a brilliant futureC&T has a brilliant futureC&T has a brilliant futureC&T has a brilliant futureC&T has a brilliant futureC&T has a brilliant futureC&T has a brilliant futureC&T has a brilliant futureC&T has a brilliant futureC&T has a brilliant futureC&T has a brilliant futureC&T has a brilliant futureC&T has a brilliant futureC&T has a brilliant futureC&T has a brilliant future

    Quote Originally Posted by Mecha View Post
    Thank you @Sassypat for putting all the hard work into getting this information out so everyone will know what they may/will be up against. M
    Uggggh. Oh my. It never stops!
    . . . the Jerk Store called, and they're running out of YOU!

  15. #74
    I too am having to taper off my medication. Crazy. I have been on pain medication for 10 years. I take 45 mg morphine daily with 15 mg ofoxycodone. My old pain doctor was dismissed and the new one wants all patients off of it. She had a speech she gave on how everyone will feel better when they are off of the medication and narcotics make pain worse. It is crazy. At 64 I have more pain now than when I started.
    Helpful Keith K Stone, djrick Rated helpful

  16. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    579
    Bawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to behold

    Quote Originally Posted by chell55 View Post
    I too am having to taper off my medication. Crazy. I have been on pain medication for 10 years. I take 45 mg morphine daily with 15 mg ofoxycodone. My old pain doctor was dismissed and the new one wants all patients off of it. She had a speech she gave on how everyone will feel better when they are off of the medication and narcotics make pain worse. It is crazy. At 64 I have more pain now than when I started.
    @chell55... I'm guessing that your doctor went to the same seminar as mine did. I'm afraid much of this is based on a very limited study by a VA doctor. Unfortunately, if you read further down in the CNN article, what most aren't hearing is that this study is very limited and much of the data she used was thrown out because it lacked double blind studies. I have fibromyalgia pain constantly and her study also only looked at low back, hips, and knees. This ONE study s getting an awful,lotmof traction:

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/17/health...udy/index.html
    Helpful djrick Rated helpful
    Likes chell55 liked this post

  17. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawston View Post
    @chell55... I'm guessing that your doctor went to the same seminar as mine did. I'm afraid much of this is based on a very limited study by a VA doctor. Unfortunately, if you read further down in the CNN article, what most aren't hearing is that this study is very limited and much of the data she used was thrown out because it lacked double blind studies. I have fibromyalgia pain constantly and her study also only looked at low back, hips, and knees. This ONE study s getting an awful,lotmof traction:

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/17/health...udy/index.html
    Thanks for the link. It seems most physicians have a one size fits all solution to chronic pain now. The pendulum always swings all one way. It never stops in the middle.
    Likes Bawston liked this post

  18. Yes, the Medical Communty has put the herion and prescription pain relievers in the same class and will often argue that if you are on prescription drugs you will go onto to heroin because you can get the prescription anymore or it is cheaper. It is an convenient argument.

    But not true. They even have the cops believing it is true - I know because I am married to one and his friend said “eventually they go from oxycodone use to herion use”. I said nothing, what’s the point? Ironically, he said this toward the end of his “why won’t they give me a small amount of oxy from time to time”. So yes, he would take it to treat his diabetic neuropathy if he could.

    It is ridiculous.

    Thank god, I have a Pain Management Doctor who does NOT agree with the majority. I know he resents having to give his patients urine tests. He does prescribe me 60 tablets of hydrocodone a month and he knows that I cannot take triptans because of my stroke. He treats me with respect, which is rare. I wish the others Doctors and nurses were the same. I also receive Botox shots from him every three months.

    Last year around this time I went into Detox to finally deal with the huge cost of taking Klonopin prescribe to me by a Psychiatrist seven years ago. I spent nine days and they slowly reduced the benzodiazepines in my system. I am so glad I did that. But, the majority of intake patients were under 25 and treated for herion. They all lived about 45 minutes outside NYC. They were well off. The others, my age (53) were there because they are long time alcoholics. I won’t even go into the treatment options, which is only one: go to meetings.

    I think there is a HUGE difference between the characteristics of addiction of AA and NA although the Medical community says no, says it is just addiction not what your addicted to. I disagree. There is a difference between someone who drinks for 30 years and a 25 year old who takes herion. But, again what is the point saying anything it is ridiculous.
    Last edited by File Error 500; 1 Week Ago at 03:43 PM.
    Helpful FABLE, Bawston Rated helpful
    Likes slick76, djrick liked this post

  19. So because of all the bs I've had to put up with in getting my medications, I've decided to get off of my pain meds. MY CHOICE! So I go to the Dr today to meet with this Dr who prescribes suboxon and she tells me that she HAS TO put in my chart that I'm an addict! Otherwise I guess insurance won't cover it. And on top of that, I'm REQUIRED to do outpatient treatment or DBT. I don't have a problem doing DBT as I do believe that it would be beneficial. Also, she wants me to commit to staying on suboxon for at least 1 year, which I'm not okay with. I'm wanting to get off of these because I'm depressed and sick of the constant scrutiny and being told that I am on SUCH A HIGH DOSE OF MEDS! I'm on freaking 30% of what I was on 1 year ago! And 6 years ago I was on truly lethal doses, which I didn't know back then, yet I'm still here... Ugh... Sorry, end of rant. I am just so frustrated!
    Likes Bawston, slick76 liked this post

  20. #79
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    -5GMT EST in SE USA
    Posts
    400
    Whisperjet727 is a splendid one to beholdWhisperjet727 is a splendid one to beholdWhisperjet727 is a splendid one to beholdWhisperjet727 is a splendid one to beholdWhisperjet727 is a splendid one to beholdWhisperjet727 is a splendid one to beholdWhisperjet727 is a splendid one to beholdWhisperjet727 is a splendid one to beholdWhisperjet727 is a splendid one to beholdWhisperjet727 is a splendid one to beholdWhisperjet727 is a splendid one to beholdWhisperjet727 is a splendid one to beholdWhisperjet727 is a splendid one to behold

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellyn View Post
    If, assuming the higher figure is correct, 6% to 7% of patients prescribed medication for chronic pain become addicted to the pills, that simply means that 93% to 94% use the medication without becoming addicted. Given the cost of chronic pain to both individuals and to society as a whole that doesn't really seem too awful a statistic. And if insurers were more willing to pay (or at least partially pay) for alternative and complementary therapies for pain the number of people needing and/or becoming addicted to pain medication would probably decrease.

    There will always be people who inflate their pain to doctors with the hope of getting increased prescription narcotic painkillers. That's been true ever since narcotic painkillers became available. It's also true that people have always sought illicit drugs for whatever personal reasons they have - get high, manage pain, do both - but the stupid, politically based drug laws in this country have really only exacerbated the twin problems of abuse of prescribed pain medication and use/abuse of street drugs such as cocaine and heroin. Take marijuana, for instance. There is quite a bit of good evidence that it's effective for managing many types of pain, with less actual addictive potential than most opioids. And it wasn't even illegal in the United States until the 1930's, when unsubstantiated claims that it would make men (black men in particular) sexually violent prompted laws that essentially banned in in the United States. When it was placed on the Controlled Substances Schedule as a Schedule I narcotic there was no actual evidence for it's placement there - again, it was a political decision.

    So I believe you're correct in assuming that our politicians are, once again, about to come out with some poorly reasoned, poorly supported laws that will make it more difficult for people who actually suffer chronic pain to get the help they need - or at least to get the help through authorized means. And that's a real tragedy, because people who suffer from chronic and/or debilitating pain will typically do whatever they need to do to obtain relief, and they'll do so a lot more safely if they can do it with medical supervision.
    REF: Post 25 by @Bawston and by Post 27 by @Ellyn:

    Just my 2 cents worth about politicians boundary invading: Quote" The Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs was established April
    8, 1968 by Presidential Reorganization unquote, "Under then President of USA Lyndon B. Johnson" ..Quote "Plan No 1 of 1968, it resulted
    from the merger of the Treasury Department's Bureau of Narcotics, and the Food and Drug Administration's Bureau of Drug Abuse
    Control. Source: FACT SHEETS published by Bureau of Narcotics & Dangerous Drugs, U.S. Department of Justice, Washington, DC. USA
    (US Printing Office 1970) 0-408-808 51 pages, under President Richard M Nixon.
    (Quote) again
    a/k/a The Controlled Substances Act, Title II of the Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970 ) source from
    The National Drug Control Strategy, 1998, a Ten Year Plan, page 2 of 92 pages. unquote, IMHO, title I of the Control Substances
    Act, may have also been passed during tricky President Dick Nixon, during his Presidential Administration of the year 1970 !! As most
    US citizens know; the BNDD, became the DEA, for Drug Enforcement Administration during 1973, I can't remember ... was this
    before the late President Nixon was impeached or not? , but the DEA for certain was the new name for the BNDD in 1973 !!!

    Source: already stated in paragraph 2, has, five (5 pages) of more political data source "committees and source tables" page 69 to
    page 73, ending with the "International Narcotics Control Strategy Report (Source for Table 22) on page 73, from again
    THE NATIONAL DRUG CONTROL STRATEGY OF, 1998. NCJ168639

    Gosh, and now we are in the mess all of the kind "pharmacy reviewer posters" have been so professionally addressing in our sad, very
    sad state of affairs in the USA. No further comment. I am about to give up !!!
    Last edited by Whisperjet727; 1 Week Ago at 05:21 PM. Reason: some spelling errors!
    Likes Bawston liked this post
    "Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies
    inside us while we live" (Norman Cousins)

  21. #80
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    579
    Bawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to beholdBawston is a splendid one to behold

    Quote Originally Posted by Karebear1163 View Post
    So because of all the bs I've had to put up with in getting my medications, I've decided to get off of my pain meds. MY CHOICE! So I go to the Dr today to meet with this Dr who prescribes suboxon and she tells me that she HAS TO put in my chart that I'm an addict! Otherwise I guess insurance won't cover it. And on top of that, I'm REQUIRED to do outpatient treatment or DBT. I don't have a problem doing DBT as I do believe that it would be beneficial. Also, she wants me to commit to staying on suboxon for at least 1 year, which I'm not okay with. I'm wanting to get off of these because I'm depressed and sick of the constant scrutiny and being told that I am on SUCH A HIGH DOSE OF MEDS! I'm on freaking 30% of what I was on 1 year ago! And 6 years ago I was on truly lethal doses, which I didn't know back then, yet I'm still here... Ugh... Sorry, end of rant. I am just so frustrated!
    @karebear...I too decided to go off my medications because of the same reasons you state. When I had my 3 month (required) face to face appointment with my doctor I told her what I was doing, why, and HOW. She tried to argue that my method wasn't "the very specific protocol they learned in this class she took". I told her that I had already reduced by 1/3 and hoped that she would be supportive of doing it my way since it not only is a method approved by pain management doctors but also proven to work for me.

    I don't want to substitute one medication for another and have that on my record so I have dosages that are smaller. So for example instead of taking one 20 milligram tablet in the morning, I take one at the regular time and slide the second tablet by an hour until I don't feel any withdrawal. Then I move it by another hour. Same with the evening doseage. It may take longer but it's a gradual process and I've had good luck with it. Some times, due to pain levels increasing for whatever reason I may need to go into a holding pattern but then I continue as I feel comfortable.

    The pain? Yes, it's still there and the reports that say that you feel MORE pain by taking pain meds is BS. Maybe for some, I don't know but no one has ever interviewed me or included me in any research program so I guess they don't have my personal experience included in their stats.
    Helpful Karebear1163, chell55 Rated helpful
    Likes Whisperjet727 liked this post

  22. Opioid Abuse Bills Going Before Congress
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Oxycodone, Hydrocodone Drugs Of Choice For Opioid Abusers
    By SamCro in forum Dependency and withdrawal
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-19-2014, 04:41 PM
  2. Perioperative Approach to Patients With Opioid Abuse and Tolerance
    By KCGinger in forum Fighting pain, and all about pain-killing drugs (analgesics)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-26-2014, 08:47 PM
  3. Importing RX Drugs Bill Introduced In Congress !
    By H20shed65 in forum News related to online pharmacies
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-04-2014, 02:06 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-17-2008, 11:24 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 07:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Protected by Copyscape CopySentry. Do not copy.