Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Pain Control. Just curious..

1. @Musing , benzos have a real place in pain control too, one that is now completely ignored now because of addiction fears. they not only are the best muscle relaxers, but they lessen the stress of constant pain. doctors rarely prescribe them now for pain, especially chronic pain.

i have a relative with ic. 12 years ago her doc had her on a steady regimen of meds, including tram and a monthly amount of vicodin for flares. well, that doc retired too and the new doc's latest cutting edge advice was to take aloe vera gel pills, because they "might" coat your bladder. (spoiler: they did not and provided zero pain relief). 12 years ago they acknowledged the pain severe enough for tram and vicodin, and now they are recommending supplements from the health food store.

is it any surprise people no longer trust docs?
    Helpful Blackbird123 Rated helpful
    Likes Stevo1, davidpaul, jaders, millyeleven11 liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Bawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by notcharlotte View Post
    @Musing , benzos have a real place in pain control too, one that is now completely ignored now because of addiction fears. they not only are the best muscle relaxers, but they lessen the stress of constant pain. doctors rarely prescribe them now for pain, especially chronic pain.

i have a relative with ic. 12 years ago her doc had her on a steady regimen of meds, including tram and a monthly amount of vicodin for flares. well, that doc retired too and the new doc's latest cutting edge advice was to take aloe vera gel pills, because they "might" coat your bladder. (spoiler: they did not and provided zero pain relief). 12 years ago they acknowledged the pain severe enough for tram and vicodin, and now they are recommending supplements from the health food store.

@notcharlotte ...omg, can you hear me groan? Why not just recommend a glass of milk? Oh, lactose intolerance? Happen to have a pill for that. Seems like there's pills for just about everything except you can't get the right pills that you need. I swear, now with the internet and active groups like this, most of us can come up with advice or at least direction as good as someone who went to med school (I'm certainly thinking as much as the CVS & Walmart pharmacists who are now overriding doctor's prescriptions!).

My grandmother lived on a farm and I'll bet she could handle medical situations as well as they're being handled now.

Aloe never even helped my sunburns back when it was the rage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by trish5959 View Post
    Palliative care was the only way I got to keep my mother at home, in reasonable comfort for some years, and in her own bed rather than in hospital when she died. The palliative care nurses were nothing less than angels and I believe they, rather than the GP are the ones who know exactly what the patient requires. A good working relationship between the GP and the nurses was essential as often the GP can refuse the medications the nurses believe their patients require.
    Wishing everyone here get's the help they need.
    Palliative care is very often misunderstood and underused.
    @trish5959 ...I'd agree with you that palliative care nurses provide some of the best services available and that they have a most sensitive understanding of a patient's needs. It was a nurse who called me early one morning to tell me that the hospital had screwed up my mother's meds which basically killed her. She was just there to have a port put in and never even got that far before they sent her in a downward spiral that she never pulled out of.
    Helpful notcharlotte, Blackbird123 Rated helpful
    Likes trish5959 liked this post

Bawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant future

I posted the following link in a different thread but thought I'd bring it into this discussion since I think it's very relevant to what we are discussing. Many of us believe that we're being punished due to the abuses of others but also that many of the laws and decisions which have led to limiting pain relief are not based on solid data.

I believe this story about Kratom being the CAUSE of death (per obviously biased medical examiners) is much the same as what happened with opioid prescriptions. That is, ANY death where an opioid was in the body was listed as an overdose attributed to the opioid.

In the first situation listed, you have a 28 yr old obese man with fluid in the lungs - that can be a sign of overdose OR heart problem. He had alcohol, antidepressants, and caffeine but only a tiny amount of Kratom in his system yet note the cause of death - Kratom!

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0530743c82c60
    Helpful notcharlotte Rated helpful

5. yup, @Bawston , that's exactly how they bump up those numbers. someone has a heart attack and they discover a miniscule amount of hydro in his system-opioid death! did i read somewhere that the government finally had to admit they were falsely massaging the statistics or did i imagine it?
    Likes millyeleven11 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by notcharlotte View Post
    yup, @Bawston , that's exactly how they bump up those numbers. someone has a heart attack and they discover a miniscule amount of hydro in his system-opioid death! did i read somewhere that the government finally had to admit they were falsely massaging the statistics or did i imagine it?
    @notcharlotte ...that's not your imagination playing tricks on you. The CDC actually did admit that they made a "slight" error in their calculations - a mere 50%!

Their statistics which they provided and legislators used to implement new laws regarding what doctors are allowed to prescribe was based on their numbers. They were including ALL opioid related deaths as due to PRESCRIPTION overdoses. So all those deaths due to illegal drugs were attributed to doctor's prescriptions.

So even though doctors are writing about 20-30% fewer prescriptions, overdose deaths are not going down.
    Likes jaders liked this post

7. Quote Originally Posted by notcharlotte View Post
    @Musing , benzos have a real place in pain control too, one that is now completely ignored now because of addiction fears. they not only are the best muscle relaxers, but they lessen the stress of constant pain. doctors rarely prescribe them now for pain, especially chronic pain.

I have to say that I truly agree with this. It's no surprise that back in the day oxys/hydros were presccribed WITH a benzo for these exact reasons. It's a shame they're going the other direction now but I see why.
    Likes Bawston liked this post

8. Have you ever tried seeing an acupuncturist? If you don’t wish to get addicted to those painkillers, acupuncture could be of great help. I’d suggesting giving acupuncture a shot. I know your insurance won’t cover this therapy, but if you really want to get rid of your suffering, tying it is not a bad idea.

tinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond repute
    tinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond repute
    ^ @RalphMcDonald There's a bunch of threads about acupuncture in the forum, here's the most recent one: Acupuncture advice

Let's just limit all acupuncture discussions there.

10. I find it is just as hard to get rx's for benzos as p/k's. I have TMJ, RA and UC. With my new docs all I get is flexoril and gabapentin. SPARINGLY.(My old docs gave me norco/vals and flexoril and gabapentin.
    @notcharlotte I agree, benzos are extremely helpful for p/c. I am so worried about a future and if there are not other "Options" to get help - well, beyond worried. Sorry, I am really, really depressed today. Tired of hurting.
    Likes notcharlotte liked this post

11. @Musing , i really think this demonization of pain patients is about to run its course. more doctors and patients have been speaking out, and with scripts down, they are going to have to stop blaming doctors/pks and look at the real culprit, people with multi-drug addictions. meth is still a big problem, as is heroin and illegal fentanyl. those can't be blamed on doctors.

i think the use of "alternative" methods might actually increase, because people cannot afford docs or meds. why go to a doc when you can't afford the medicine? our healthcare system is eating its own tail.

pain is extremely depressing and some days it's hard to get up and try to function. i hope you're feeling a little better today.
    Likes Sushi, jaders liked this post

12. @notcharlotte Thanks for the info! I’m having two ingrown toenails partially removed on Friday. 2 years ago I had one partialially removed. The guy did it in the office by numbing the **** out of my toe. I was crying, which he thought was appropriate to chuckle at. It felt like he was hitting bone. Afterwards, he told me to soak it, keep it elevated and alternate ibuprofen and Tylenol and refused to prescribe any real pain meds. My toe was numb for a WEEK! So his idea of causing intense pain and leaving me with a numb toe for 6 days is a better alternative to prescribing something that would actually help.

This time I’m being put under to do part of both of my big toes. Both, You may ask? Because the DICK 2 years ago didn’t do it right and it started hurting again a year ago. I’m hoping this guy will prescribe something descent so I’m not miserable. If not, I’ll have to make the rounds to the local urgent cares to see if anyone will help me.

I completely agree that this “epidemic” on rx meds is bullshit. The problem is they pay these people to go talk shows and do commercials to say that it ALL started with an rx. Idk anyone who takes these meds that have crossed over to illegal drugs because of it. Unless, they already did them before the rx. I LOVE my Vs but I would not switch to H for the buzz

13. Pain Control. Just curious..
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6