Thread: Open letter from a chronic pain patient

Bawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant future

Default Open letter from a chronic pain patient

I came across this letter in the comments of a story related to of course "the opioid crisis" and thought it really covered a lot of great points that some may want to bring up with their doctors OR tomjust copy and send to every politician who is affecting your life with misguided legislation. Also note (I've mentioned this guy before because he started this group to ban ALL opioids even for serious surgery - Kolodny - he's got his grubby fingers in everything).

https://medium.com/@heatherzamm/an-o...WFeSx7hDLR2Xro

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bawston View Post
    I came across this letter in the comments of a story related to of course "the opioid crisis" and thought it really covered a lot of great points that some may want to bring up with their doctors OR tomjust copy and send to every politician who is affecting your life with misguided legislation. Also note (I've mentioned this guy before because he started this group to ban ALL opioids even for serious surgery - Kolodny - he's got his grubby fingers in everything).

https://medium.com/@heatherzamm/an-o...WFeSx7hDLR2Xro
    @Bawston : Thanks for this post.

I copied and pasted the letter and sent it to my Senators. I have one senator who is VERY progressive, and probably not so rabid, but the other one has sent out "bills" for my support that involved more "crackdowns" regarding opiates. Also my state is one that is considering not allowing Medicaid to cover ANY longterm prescriptions of opiates. It is rabbit-ass CRAZINESS!!! We can only hope that there begins to be enough pushback to swing the damn pendulum back towards the center at least...
    The cause of all suffering is attachment...

Bawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant future

@jaders ...ive been reading about states that are trying to not cover long term opiates for Medicare patients - same thing is going on at the VA for veterans with horrendous injuries. I have no idea why certain groups of people are deemed unworthy of very specific, proven, effective treatment, just as I'm also angered by the push to force urine testing on people receiving assistance benefits.

I'm glad the letter got passed along because despite many promises, we've been left behind in all the madness.
    Likes jaders, songsiren liked this post

Narxcare?!? F-ing Narxcare?!? That was a new one on me and I had to Google it, but it is not something I will ever forget now that I know!
    I'm so mad right now- I better post this link and log off or I'm liable to cuss a blue streak and get myself banned!

https://www.painnewsnetwork.org/stor...about-narxcare

And in case folks with depression or anxiety think, "Oh, this is just for pain patients, it won't affect me..."
    Oh, no no no, my friend- it says:
    "But NarxCare doesn’t just analyze opioid prescriptions. It also tracks other controlled substances, such as antidepressants, sedatives and stimulants. If a patient is on any combination of those drugs, their risk scores and their chances of being red flagged will be higher – even if they’ve been safely taking the medications for years."
    Likes smo1959 liked this post
    Nolite te bastardes carborundorum, b_tches!

Wow, there are just so many issues with that Narxcare I don't even know where to start... Basing it ONLY on prescriptions without consideration of health conditions? Holy crap, you have to be ****ing me. Yes, dependence can develop very quickly and there is a need for caution with starting long-term on stuff for opioid-naïve patients (those are the ones more caution should be taken with, especially young people, not people with well-documented health problems!), ideally see if other avenues may provide relief first, but for some cases opioids, and sometimes high doses of them, are best practice and the only thing we have that works, and dependence is a SIDE-EFFECT, and can be managed.

And this statement from the one article almost makes me laugh if it weren't so ****ed up - "According to Appriss, a patient is much more willing to discuss their substance abuse issues once they are red flagged as a possible abuser." I'd love to see the background info on that claim. Most likely they are conning people who are following the rules and just managing their pain into thinking they have a problem. The ones that have a real problem and especially the ones diverting it for cash (very rare but it does happen) will basically never discuss it. Those few problem cases, yes I feel bad for them, but compassion and human decency mandate that the needs of those in pain must take priority. And in any case, harm-reduction practices are far more effective with those people than crackdowns and punishments; they'll still get their drugs, it is the people who obey the law that will suffer. Me, most of us here, well, we just realize the law isn't always on the side of what is ethical and aren't going to just suffer and die for it when we aren't harming anybody else by our actions.
    Last edited by Anne Onomis; 1 Week Ago at 05:19 PM.
    Helpful snowy, Mrs Parker Rated helpful
    Likes jaders, Bawston liked this post

@ Mrs Parker - go ahead and let 'ER rip...you wouldn't be saying anything we haven't all already said! You're right that this does cover a LOT of medications, not just opioids. The quote that really REALLY gets me is...

"NarxCare aids care teams in clinical decision making, provides support to help prevent or manage substance use disorder, and empowers states with the comprehensive platform they need to take to the next step in the battle against prescription drug addiction."

Please tell me with all the hoops we're already jumping through what NEXT STEPS could states possibly take against us? I still say that it's much easier for them to go after patients and doctors rather than street dealers and gangs. Far as I know, my doctor doesn't carry a gun.
    Last edited by Bawston; 1 Week Ago at 11:12 AM.
    Helpful jaders, Anne Onomis, Mrs Parker Rated helpful
    Likes smo1959 liked this post

I was thinking of this Narxcare and having a background in software, although many years old, I began thinking of other computer applications that we'll probably be seeing in the near future, if they aren't there now in some form or other.

As doctors are pushed to see more patients and hospitals to make more profit for stockholders, I can see artificial intelligence becoming a big part of healthcare. Humans won't be making as many decisions and will rely on computer programs to tell them how to treat patients, determine diagnosis, and specify treatment. I see it now where human doctors have so little face time with patients that they don't even know them and they aren't picking up on critical changes in their conditions.

In just the area of organ donation, there are specific guidelines to determine who gets an organ - lifestyle, overall health, age of course, and now whether or not you can afford the medications necessary after that stops organ rejection. There's a woman who was told that she didn't meet the criteria because she didn't have funds for the medications for after & they suggested she start a Go Fund Me to raise the money before they'd perform the lifesaving organ donation.

Of course the final step will be a computer program that determines who lives and who dies. If you are a certain age and if you don't have the money I can see a computer telling the doctors to just stop bothering with you.
    Likes notcharlotte liked this post

sillypuppiez is a name known to allsillypuppiez is a name known to allsillypuppiez is a name known to allsillypuppiez is a name known to allsillypuppiez is a name known to allsillypuppiez is a name known to allsillypuppiez is a name known to allsillypuppiez is a name known to allsillypuppiez is a name known to allsillypuppiez is a name known to allsillypuppiez is a name known to all

Hi!

My God, no, I can't imagine....or rather I can but clumping all the reasons & deductions as to whether or not a person gets the appropriate treatment is sickening as no 2 situations are exactly alike as no 2 people are a like....

That poor woman....a Go Fund Me should be started to shut these arseholse down, make some noise to stop people who have no clue to live w/a debilitating health issue or disease who shouldn't be making decisions whether or not we suffer, live or die...This is horribly sickening.

What an eye opener this thread is...not that most of us don't already know most of what has been talked about but having to read it, be reminded of how crappy disabled people, how we get treated is always like getting hurt again for the 1st time all over again. Fckr's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawston View Post
    I was thinking of this Narxcare and having a background in software, although many years old, I began thinking of other computer applications that we'll probably be seeing in the near future, if they aren't there now in some form or other.

As doctors are pushed to see more patients and hospitals to make more profit for stockholders, I can see artificial intelligence becoming a big part of healthcare. Humans won't be making as many decisions and will rely on computer programs to tell them how to treat patients, determine diagnosis, and specify treatment. I see it now where human doctors have so little face time with patients that they don't even know them and they aren't picking up on critical changes in their conditions.

In just the area of organ donation, there are specific guidelines to determine who gets an organ - lifestyle, overall health, age of course, and now whether or not you can afford the medications necessary after that stops organ rejection. There's a woman who was told that she didn't meet the criteria because she didn't have funds for the medications for after & they suggested she start a Go Fund Me to raise the money before they'd perform the lifesaving organ donation.

Of course the final step will be a computer program that determines who lives and who dies. If you are a certain age and if you don't have the money I can see a computer telling the doctors to just stop bothering with you.

10. Open letter from a chronic pain patient