Thread: Rhodes Pharmeceutical

By the deep blue sea and soaring mountains
    Rockieroads will become famous soon enoughRockieroads will become famous soon enoughRockieroads will become famous soon enoughRockieroads will become famous soon enough

Default Rhodes Pharmeceutical

I had tried this brand of pain medication and I thought something is wrong, usually I get Mallincroft brand but they were out. Well, I swear they were a placebo as they did not work nearly as well, in fact I didn't get much relief at all. I read years ago that many people were complaining about this drug company as I think Walmart's pharmacies uses only Rhodes and people were saying the same thing. today my pharmacy asked me if I would switch to Rhodes and I said, no I rather not but then I had no choice as I am going out of state in 2 days and they could not get me another brand. But for those of you who take vicodin, percoset, what brand works best for you and have any of you used Rhodes and did you find it okay or like I did where I had hardly any relief.
    Likes jonib225 liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockieroads View Post
    I had tried this brand of pain medication and I thought something is wrong, usually I get Mallincroft brand but they were out. Well, I swear they were a placebo as they did not work nearly as well, in fact I didn't get much relief at all. I read years ago that many people were complaining about this drug company as I think Walmart's pharmacies uses only Rhodes and people were saying the same thing. today my pharmacy asked me if I would switch to Rhodes and I said, no I rather not but then I had no choice as I am going out of state in 2 days and they could not get me another brand. But for those of you who take vicodin, percoset, what brand works best for you and have any of you used Rhodes and did you find it okay or like I did where I had hardly any relief.
    To me there can be a difference between brands.

I had a long term rx for vicodin. It was Watson to

begin with. But it soon turned into some generic

brand. I can't remember if it was Rhodes are what.

But there was a drop-off in quality. Not like a placebo.

But just not the same.
    Helpful Binky Rated helpful

I was on vicodin 7.5. My pharmacy gave me Rhodes for along time. I really liked them. Then they switched to Mallincroft. I hated them. They made me nauseous and didn't seem to be as effective.
    I guess we are all different.
    Helpful ludwig1961, Binky Rated helpful

With many (maybe most) generics there really CAN be a difference in how well they work for a given individual or for large groups of individuals. Although the active ingredient must be the same or essentially the same, the other ingredients (binders, fillers and so forth) can affect the actual bioavailability of the active ingredient - in other words, how well it's actually absorbed and used by the body. For decades both the FDA and most generic drugmakers insisted that there was essentially no difference in how brand names vs. generics, or generic A vs. generic B, worked. We now know that isn't true, but pharmacies and PBM formularies will still try to steer patients to the generics for which they can get the best price deals deals (in the case of PBMs, for themselves, not for the customers/patients). That's why transplant physicians and coordinators usually script the immunosuppression drugs so that their organ transplant patients are NOT switched from brand to generic, or between generics, without the doctor's explicit approval. With some medicines even a slight difference in bioavailability can be disastrous. For pain management it may not be disastrous but it certainly is unpleasant.
    Helpful chell55, Binky Rated helpful

Whisperliner has much to be proud ofWhisperliner has much to be proud ofWhisperliner has much to be proud ofWhisperliner has much to be proud ofWhisperliner has much to be proud ofWhisperliner has much to be proud ofWhisperliner has much to be proud ofWhisperliner has much to be proud ofWhisperliner has much to be proud ofWhisperliner has much to be proud ofWhisperliner has much to be proud ofWhisperliner has much to be proud ofWhisperliner has much to be proud ofWhisperliner has much to be proud ofWhisperliner has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyn View Post
    With many (maybe most) generics there really CAN be a difference in how well they work for a given individual or for large groups of individuals. Although the active ingredient must be the same or essentially the same, the other ingredients (binders, fillers and so forth) can affect the actual bioavailability of the active ingredient - in other words, how well it's actually absorbed and used by the body. For decades both the FDA and most generic drugmakers insisted that there was essentially no difference in how brand names vs. generics, or generic A vs. generic B, worked. We now know that isn't true, but pharmacies and PBM formularies will still try to steer patients to the generics for which they can get the best price deals deals (in the case of PBMs, for themselves, not for the customers/patients). That's why transplant physicians and coordinators usually script the immunosuppression drugs so that their organ transplant patients are NOT switched from brand to generic, or between generics, without the doctor's explicit approval. With some medicines even a slight difference in bioavailability can be disastrous. For pain management it may not be disastrous but it certainly is unpleasant.
    Thanks @Ellyn and @windowpane for posting this valuable information! (I have been saying this for years) ....especially for meds such as the stimulants (for
    ADD) the sedative/hypnotics & the analgesics . bioavailability vs bioequivalence (big difference IMHO) !
    Helpful Binky, windowpane Rated helpful
    L-1011 TriStar

7. Rhodes Pharmeceutical