Thread: Tips re: fracture management

Call is a jewel in the roughCall is a jewel in the roughCall is a jewel in the roughCall is a jewel in the roughCall is a jewel in the roughCall is a jewel in the roughCall is a jewel in the roughCall is a jewel in the roughCall is a jewel in the rough

Default Tips re: fracture management

Hurrying down wood stairs not a smart idea. Trying to get one freaking pair of socks in washer. I went down so fast, I faceplanted. Now I have 2 black eyes, both arms are broken & a cracked rib. Emer. room gave me a cat scan, they swore there was a hematoma bc of the amt of brushing. My left arm is excruciating because my thumb joint can’t move. Keep icing etc. Nehow, just wanted to pass on. Can’t drive, gave me 32 Tramadol which really is no help in this situation. Anyone whose broke a bone & the pain keeps increases, plz write.

jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Call View Post
    Hurrying down wood stairs not a smart idea. Trying to get one freaking pair of socks in washer. I went down so fast, I faceplanted. Now I have 2 black eyes, both arms are broken & a cracked rib. Emer. room gave me a cat scan, they swore there was a hematoma bc of the amt of brushing. My left arm is excruciating because my thumb joint can’t move. Keep icing etc. Nehow, just wanted to pass on. Can’t drive, gave me 32 Tramadol which really is no help in this situation. Anyone whose broke a bone & the pain keeps increases, plz write.
    Wow that’s really awful. I’m so sorry. What an inconvenience not to mention just the pain! 32 tramadol? Unfriggin’believable!!! I broke my wrist a year ago and got 24 Percocet til I saw the surgeon the next day. Then the surgeon was very good with oxycodone as needed.

I just can’t believe what’s passing for pain “control” lately. Will you follow up with your regular doctor? They may help...

This country has completely lost its mind.
    Likes jakemoe, Bawston, smo1959 liked this post
    The cause of all suffering is attachment...

ludwig1961 is a jewel in the roughludwig1961 is a jewel in the roughludwig1961 is a jewel in the roughludwig1961 is a jewel in the roughludwig1961 is a jewel in the roughludwig1961 is a jewel in the roughludwig1961 is a jewel in the roughludwig1961 is a jewel in the rough

I would be ashamed to even call myself a doctor if can't even give my patient the pain meds they deserve. I hope you can talk to real doctor tomorrow.
    Likes jakemoe, smo1959 liked this post

jakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to behold

Holy crap @Call! I'm so sorry you hurt yourself so bad and more sorry you weren't given good meds to help you deal. I hope you heal quickly and there are no more complications to hurt you. I think @jaders has a great idea to follow up with your regular doctor and maybe get help with better meds. Peace
    F**k the DEA

DulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond repute
    DulyNoted has a reputation beyond repute
    ICE! ICE! ICE! And hopefully you got some proper pain medication. The root of all broken bone pain is swelling and fluid accumulation. Ice for 20 minutes every hour or so. And ibuprofen will reduce swelling. Good luck!
    Likes smo1959 liked this post
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

Bawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond repute

What a major accident! That sounds so painful that my stomach just went into spasms thinking about it. What does it take to get adequate pain relief out of an ER these days? Anyway, I hope you follow up with your regular doctor or maybe an ortho and I’d tell,them that the Tramadol isn’t handling the pain.

Of course depending on what state you live in, you may not be able to get stronger meds without a face to face appointment in which case you’d need a driver.

7. I’m so sorry to hear about your fall and the lack of empathy by the doctor involved or maybe just the doctors fear. This country has gone completely crazy. The majority of the problem is with the fentenyl being put in the heroin and sold on the streets and not with legitimate pain patients.

I have taken the same dose for over 20 years. My Rheumatologist quit prescribing pain meds about 3 years ago and referred all of her patients to pain clinics. The first one wouldn’t let me take any Benzos or sleep meds with the opiate they prescribed even though my Rheumatologist said that I needed them. I finally found a new pain clinic that will only prescribe the opiates but will allow me to take the benzos and sleep meds from my other doctor.

I believe the pain clinics are a racket. Another way for the medical profession to make money. In the 15+ years that my Rheumatologist prescribed for me there was never a problem. Then the DEA began all the new regulations and made it impossible for your doctor to feel comfortable prescribing any opiate.

Patients with legitimate needs are being made to feel like criminals.

The advice that was given to see an Orthopedic doctor was a good one. I hope you find the help you deserve. I know that keeping ahead of the pain can help speed up the healing progress.

bluebell will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Call View Post
    That is hard to believe @Call. I am sorry about the accident and all . Maybe next doc office visit tell doc that the pain meds are just not helping and would they consider something else.
    Oh I know you have already thought that. Wow what a tumble you had hope you heal quick.
    Helpful Nmoes Rated helpful
    Have a nice day.

Sorry. That sounds terrible. Hope U feel better fast. Time and rest and sleep. Can't believe the doc didn't take proper care of you.

That is horrible. For all those injuries....tramadols will not suffice. I hope you are able to recover somewhat pain free! Take care @Call

Did you have a CT of the head and orbits (eyes)? Did you fracture any of the orbital bones? 90% of the time it’s the orbital floor that fractures. It’s designed to do that to prevent losing the eye. If you did fracture either one do NOT blow your nose. I’m sorry about the pain management. I had really bad cervical radiculopathy earlier this year and the ER at least gave me 30 hydrocodone. I would be calling my pcp for better management.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.