Thread: Oklahoma wins opioid case against J &J

Bawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond repute

Default Oklahoma wins opioid case against J &J

This could set a precedent for thousands of other cases against drug makers who sold opioids. I know Purdue has lost cases for OxyContin and there are a lot of other states suing these companies. I’m no lover of any of the drug companies but I’m surprised that they found the pharmaceutical company liable without holding any doctors responsible. Of course the settlements so far are just a drop in the bucket, cost of doing business, but still this idea of let’s just sue somebody is annoying.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/26/healt...5oRYAsA7xclO3U

Brianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant future

Its like saying McDonalds cause obesity so Im gonna sue them. I really hate this crap, that is ine reason healthcare is so fricken high.
    Likes jaders, Gladheart, Bawston liked this post
    Im a Trackaholic!

jakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to behold

Yes, again it's ignoring the users personal responsibility. Soon our society's citizens will have no character at all.
    Likes jaders, Gladheart, Bawston liked this post
    F**k the DEA

jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    Boy I SO agree. No one who took oxycontin AS PRESCRIBED, would've died. Holding someone else responsible for your actions is a lesson in futility for all involved.
    Likes Gladheart, Bawston, jakemoe liked this post
    The cause of all suffering is attachment...

Bawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jaders View Post
    Boy I SO agree. No one who took oxycontin AS PRESCRIBED, would've died. Holding someone else responsible for your actions is a lesson in futility for all involved.
    @jaders...when I went on the OxyContin I remember talking with my doctor about the pro’s and cons. The biggest pro was that because it was extended release, I would get a steady, more even release of the oxycodone than the short term pills which give uneven coverage and always up then down (and I don’t mean that as a high, just pain relief).

She was very clear that because of the dependence factor that I would probably be on them forever since my condition was chronic. Could she have been the ONLY doctor in the country who knew that? Little did she know that I wouldn’t be on them forever because you just can’t count on anything being there when you need it.
    Helpful jaders, ludwig1961 Rated helpful
    Likes jakemoe, Nmoes, Stevo1 liked this post

Stevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Bawston View Post
    @jaders...when I went on the OxyContin I remember talking with my doctor about the pro’s and cons. The biggest pro was that because it was extended release, I would get a steady, more even release of the oxycodone than the short term pills which give uneven coverage and always up then down (and I don’t mean that as a high, just pain relief).

She was very clear that because of the dependence factor that I would probably be on them forever since my condition was chronic. Could she have been the ONLY doctor in the country who knew that? Little did she know that I wouldn’t be on them forever because you just can’t count on anything being there when you need it.
    My Doc was the same way back in 2010.
    Likes Bawston, ludwig1961 liked this post
    Stare into my Avatar....Relax

@Stevo1...aha! So in the entire United States of America we have two doctors who didn’t sleep through class...or maybe they had access to the internet and could google information...sort of like what we patients now have to do. I just saw today that it’s looking like the Sackler family is hoping to settle. I imagine if you have 2,000 lawsuits against you it’s going to cost more in litigation.

So once they do that I’m guessing the opioid crisis will be all done.
    Likes jaders, Stevo1, ludwig1961 liked this post

I just read this from a memoir by a former heroin addict who has some interesting comments on these lawsuits. She gives a very different picture of what an addict looks like and expresses herself very well regarding what could be done to actually help addicts and stop this insane War on Drugs. This is an except and I found the stat of only 1 out of every 130 prescriptions ends in dependence (note she uses dependence, not addiction):
    ———-

Pharmaceutical companies have certainly exploited those most at risk for opioid addiction, but these rulings don’t address the X-factor at the heart of the opioid crisis — the reason people can’t stop using them. This is not simply a matter of someone getting a prescription for pain and becoming unwittingly addicted. According to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health, only one in 130 prescriptions result in opioid dependence. But over 2 million Americans are currently struggling with opioid addiction, and 20 percent of those folks are young adults. What’s driving it?
    The core of the opioid crisis is emotional pain. And we’re not doing enough to address this.
    When it comes to mental health care in this country, our system is broken. There is little in the way of free and subsidized services. There are social, economic and racial barriers to accessing care. While more and more cities are becoming wise to the effectiveness of harm reduction models and aware of the need for mental health services, we still have a long way to go.
    Holding opioid manufacturers, distributors and prescribers culpable — sometimes criminally, as federal prosecutors did this spring with 60 doctors, pharmacists and other medical professionals — has major repercussions. These lawsuits add to the stigma around opioid use and addiction.
    Litigation like this highlights everything we fear about opioids, and amplifies preconceived ideas about what a person with an opioid addiction looks like. You’ve seen the headlines. Big pharma is bad. Opioids kill. And they do ? but that messaging equates opioid users with all that we find “bad” about the crisis.
    The fundamental reason I began writing about my addiction and recovery, and went on to write a memoir about it, is that I realized I had the opportunity to open up the conversation around opioid addiction. I could do something, having lived through my addiction, to help reduce the stigma. Shame was a major factor in keeping my addiction hidden. I have often said that shame is a gatekeeper, that it prevents people from seeking help, and that stigma is bred from that shame.
    That stigma is killing people.
    If we limit prescriptions, criminally prosecute medical providers and bring civil suits against drug manufacturers and distributors, what do we really accomplish? Do we alleviate the underlying problems of trauma and mental health issues that are the root cause of addiction for so many people? No. We don’t.
    I understand the desire to hold people or corporate entities responsible for the opioid crisis. Perhaps this lawsuit will be a wake-up call to Big Pharma, to start putting people before profit. But these rulings will do little to help individuals who are already suffering. To do that, to effect change, we are going to need to continue to shift our policies away from punitive models, away from the “war on drugs,” and toward harm reduction.
    Programs such as clean needle exchanges, supervised injection sites and Narcan training and distribution treat those addicted like human beings — deserving of care, deserving of life. These harm reduction programs destigmatize active drug addiction, providing a path toward accessing rehabilitation services. The best-case scenario is that the funds collected from these lawsuits go to such programs, where they will actually make a difference.
    I have conflicting feelings when I see the opioid crisis come up in headlines. On the one hand, it’s important that it is being addressed, quite accurately, as a public health crisis. However, there is not one single cause, and there is no easy one-stop solution. My greatest hope is that we create access to care that addresses the root causes behind addiction. Only then can we help those who are suffering.
    Erin Khar’s forthcoming memoir “Strung Out” (Park Row Books, February 2020) is a personal and illuminating look at opioid addiction as lived by one woman, and her 15-year journey to recovery and self-love.
    Helpful Mrs Parker Rated helpful
    Likes jaders liked this post

bluebell will become famous soon enoughbluebell will become famous soon enough

just saying that I do not think this is a win. for any of us.
    Likes ludwig1961, jaders liked this post
    Have a nice day.

Stevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Bawston View Post
    @Stevo1...aha! So in the entire United States of America we have two doctors who didn’t sleep through class...or maybe they had access to the internet and could google information...sort of like what we patients now have to do. I just saw today that it’s looking like the Sackler family is hoping to settle. I imagine if you have 2,000 lawsuits against you it’s going to cost more in litigation.

So once they do that I’m guessing the opioid crisis will be all done.
    Actually I have another doc like this. So there are at least 3!!
    Helpful Gullible Rated helpful
    Likes Bawston, Mrs Parker liked this post
    Stare into my Avatar....Relax

11. What saddens me is all of the royalties of the lawsuits are going to local municipalities and lining the pockets of lawyers. It should go directly to the survivors of the victims whose doctors over prescribed the medications to begin with.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.