Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Washington Post Article "What the opioid crackdown means for Chronic Pain patients" Good material

ladyhurting has much to be proud ofladyhurting has much to be proud ofladyhurting has much to be proud ofladyhurting has much to be proud ofladyhurting has much to be proud ofladyhurting has much to be proud ofladyhurting has much to be proud ofladyhurting has much to be proud ofladyhurting has much to be proud ofladyhurting has much to be proud ofladyhurting has much to be proud ofladyhurting has much to be proud ofladyhurting has much to be proud ofladyhurting has much to be proud ofladyhurting has much to be proud ofladyhurting has much to be proud ofladyhurting has much to be proud of

@Bawston and @M77

Just read about the Philly "safe" site. And I read a horror story about the Vets in the VA system! Wretched!

Like many intractable pain patients, I was forced to taper in spring 2018. It took about 9 months. Not easy. What made the "transition" from no more MS-Contin was getting weekly Acupuncture treatments at the cost of $90/session. Spent close to $1600 on the Acupuncture (and it did not "stop" a Migraine-Cervicogenic headache when it hit in June 2018). There is a legitimate medical place for prescribed opioid Rx meds.

But yes, follow the money. Somebody wants to make a financial killing on addiction Rx meds (and I am not speaking of Naltrexone - that is a rescue Rx). Maybe our Federal government anticipates a "war" where troops and sailors will require morphine, etc Who knows?

But I do not trust the CDC and their stupid "recommendation". No way. Plus, state permitted Medical Marijuana is NOT IRS DEDUCTIBLE! Nope. My late husband had the MMJ card, he made use of CBD and THC edibles for sleep and neuropathy. But when getting our medical expenses, the MMJ Dispensed edibles could not be tallied in our bottom line.

Government regulation does not belong in the physician-patient relationship: that should always remain private. But I am preaching to the Choir …….
    Likes M77, jakemoe, Bawston, Mrs Parker, jaders liked this post

Bawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond repute
    Bawston has a reputation beyond repute
    @ladyhurting...that’s the thing with all these “preferred” alternative therapies. Other than a limited number of chiropractic and PT visits, I’m not aware of any insurance companies that cover these treatments. Believe it or not, way back when (at least 30 years ago) I had insurance that covered acupuncture after my doctor detailed other treatment that didn’t work. Of course the acupuncture didn’t work so although it was covered I just couldn’t see spending my time continuing.

The other thing too that really gets my goat is how little appreciation their is for the PATIENT’s time and energy. We’re already hurting and many have little energy to spare so why would I want to spend half my life sitting in medical offices? If I have a doctor’s appointment, between getting ready, driving, sitting, and the appointment itself, it’s an entire day out of my life. I also have COPD so sitting in medical offices is probably the worst place for me as we head into flu season. It just doesn’t make any sense if someone has already gone through various steps for their condition and finally gotten a treatment that is effective from a time, cost, and quality of life standpoint to kick the table over and put people through hell.
    Helpful M77 Rated helpful
    Likes notcharlotte, Mrs Parker, jaders liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhurting View Post
    @Bawston and @M77

Just read about the Philly "safe" site. And I read a horror story about the Vets in the VA system! Wretched!

Like many intractable pain patients, I was forced to taper in spring 2018. It took about 9 months. Not easy. What made the "transition" from no more MS-Contin was getting weekly Acupuncture treatments at the cost of $90/session. Spent close to $1600 on the Acupuncture (and it did not "stop" a Migraine-Cervicogenic headache when it hit in June 2018). There is a legitimate medical place for prescribed opioid Rx meds.

But yes, follow the money. Somebody wants to make a financial killing on addiction Rx meds (and I am not speaking of Naltrexone - that is a rescue Rx). Maybe our Federal government anticipates a "war" where troops and sailors will require morphine, etc Who knows?

But I do not trust the CDC and their stupid "recommendation". No way. Plus, state permitted Medical Marijuana is NOT IRS DEDUCTIBLE! Nope. My late husband had the MMJ card, he made use of CBD and THC edibles for sleep and neuropathy. But when getting our medical expenses, the MMJ Dispensed edibles could not be tallied in our bottom line.

Government regulation does not belong in the physician-patient relationship: that should always remain private. But I am preaching to the Choir …….
    @ladyhurting
    You would be surprised how close you nailed it with the m0rphine. I just watched a documentary on Netflix called America’s Book of Secrets. If that’s not the exact name, it’s close enough to find it. One of the segments was on Fort Knox. There are numerous conspiracy theories about the fort, which I was oblivious to, but factually, not a conspiracy theory, I don’t remember exactly, but they have something crazy like 70,000 lbs of morphine, and I think raw opium in there, along with the gold. It was a History Channel documentary, from a few years ago, but it was a mixture of theories, and facts, in each segment. Is it a great documentary? Not amazing, but it kept me interested enough to watch the whole thing. Only season one is on Netflix now, but there are a few more seasons that were made. I’m sure they will release the rest soon. One really creepy thing was the original series had a first segment “Secrets of the American Monuments.” I guess those secrets are truly pretty secret, because that segment was removed from the series on Netflix.

So you nailed it that the gov has prepared for any shortage. But they certainly have no shortage for our vets. They actually create shortages, by forcing the manufacturers to comply with mandatory caps. Every year, for the last 5, or 10 years, maybe more, at the end of every year, the pharmacy’s run out of many pk’s. It is mostly Schedule 2, but I have been forced to find alternate pharmacies, or have my doctor replace my prescription, at the end of each year. I just had my pharmacy (a huge chain) tell me my med was back ordered. I said what does that mean? They said it could be weeks, or months, so I had to bother my doctor to send it to another pharmacy. My state is all electronic prescriptions now, so it’s not like you can just take the script elsewhere. I have to hope I catch the doctor, and ask him to send it to another store. Even the pharmacy chain cannot transfer controlled meds, anything not scheduled, they can send themselves to another store. No go on CS meds.
    Helpful unicycl36ber Rated helpful
    Likes Bawston liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by M77 View Post
    I hate to use a cliche, but, as always, follow the money. The way the US treats its Vets is disgraceful. 6 month waiting times to see a doctor? I good precursor to how a full gov takeover of healthcare would work. I don’t think anyone on this forum would think that any human being should be denied healthcare, if they cannot afford it. I would be all in for a “public option.” If you cannot afford healthcare, nobody should suffer. But forcing people to give up their plans, if they like them, and can afford them, or get them as benefits from their job? Leave them alone.

Anybody have an example of the gov taking over anything and running it better? Look at Amtrack. How do you manage to lose money with a railroad that has the best routes in the whole country? Also USPS? All the other couriers are profitable, but the PS hemorrhages billions every year. That is not a slap at the hard working employees, but the bureaucrats that run it.

Back to Vets. People that volunteered to put their lives on the line for their country, and they are treated worse than lab rats! Rant over.
    a lot could be done to make the VA better, the wait times and inaccessibility to services in many areas is unacceptable. it's been known for years how understaffed the VA is and it's pretty messed up.... like obscenely negligent. and then there's the bureaucracy 0_o.

i do know that a reason usps isn't profitable is from a 2006 law requiring them to fully fund pensions decades in advance in addition to the many changes in the industry like e-commerce. i also think of it as a kind of public service; people in rural areas should not have to pay 10x to mail a letter(in addition to having equal access to other communications services). plus it's in the constitution.
    Helpful M77 Rated helpful
    Likes jaders, Bawston liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by unicycl36ber View Post
    a lot could be done to make the VA better, the wait times and inaccessibility to services in many areas is unacceptable. it's been known for years how understaffed the VA is and it's pretty messed up.... like obscenely negligent. and then there's the bureaucracy 0_o.

i do know that a reason usps isn't profitable is from a 2006 law requiring them to fully fund pensions decades in advance in addition to the many changes in the industry like e-commerce. i also think of it as a kind of public service; people in rural areas should not have to pay 10x to mail a letter(in addition to having equal access to other communications services). plus it's in the constitution.
    @unicycl36ber
    You are right, the PS problems are not just purely mismanagement, and the pensions are a huge part of the problems. A friend told me that in Europe, they are sticking many of the pension plans in negative rate accounts. I knew about the negative rates, where you have to pay the bank to hold your money, which is outrageous. I just thought about people with personal large accounts. I didn’t even think of people that have their money in pension plans, where they have no control. Imagine working for 20+ years, and having your pension shrink because of negative rates!

This stuff is all manipulated by the IMF and the EU. I know they are facing serious recessions, but negative interest rates? What a bunch of crap. Someone would always pay something for the use of money, it obviously involves the increased risks of defaults on loans, so with pensions, I assume they have to use extreme caution. Wall Street is continuing to “spook” the markets with their warnings of inverse yield curves on T-bills and long bonds. It is almost like they want to trigger a recession. They actually do want to, but it is all political.
    Last edited by M77; 6 Days Ago at 07:19 AM.
    Helpful Bawston Rated helpful
    Likes unicycl36ber liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12