Thread: Why It's Not Worth Increasing Your Tramadol Dosage

Default Why It's Not Worth Increasing Your Tramadol Dosage

7 years ago Good Apollo posted this comment about Tramadol:

"What was weird was after I got down to 150mg a day I noticed no difference then when I was super dosing. Felt same energy and mood "help" as before and minor relief of a terminal back issue. There was no difference and I was amazed. Hardest part was getting my brain to realize i felt the same at 150mg as I did at 600+..."

I thanked Good Apollo at the time but I want to do so again because since then I've sometimes been tempted to increase my daily dose of Tramadol but I always remembered those words so I never did.

That one observation - that soon you feel no better on a higher dose - did even more than the threat of seizures to stop me increasing my own dose.

If I hadn't read those words and taken them to heart I'm pretty sure that I'd have a massive habit by now and feel no better for it. I hope others will benefit from the repetition of Good Apollo's experience.

@Maskell, tramadol has a ceiling dose of 400 mgs per day. that means that after that dose, there are no more pain-relieving benefits. that's why tram is considered a weak opioid and not a good choice for severe pain. taking more won't reduce pain; however, an additional dose might keep a patient from withdrawals.

when tram was first used, doctors routinely prescribed 8 per day. i was in a doctor's office recently listening to a nurse tell a patient she was getting one 50 mg per 12 hours! poor lady. i hope she wasn't in a lot of pain because 4 ibuprofen would probably help more. but, hey, opioid crisis!
    Helpful Maskell, Mrs Parker Rated helpful
    Likes ludwig1961 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Maskell View Post
    7 years ago Good Apollo posted this comment about Tramadol:

"What was weird was after I got down to 150mg a day I noticed no difference then when I was super dosing. Felt same energy and mood "help" as before and minor relief of a terminal back issue. There was no difference and I was amazed. Hardest part was getting my brain to realize i felt the same at 150mg as I did at 600+..."

I thanked Good Apollo at the time but I want to do so again because since then I've sometimes been tempted to increase my daily dose of Tramadol but I always remembered those words so I never did.

That one observation - that soon you feel no better on a higher dose - did even more than the threat of seizures to stop me increasing my own dose.

If I hadn't read those words and taken them to heart I'm pretty sure that I'd have a massive habit by now and feel no better for it. I hope others will benefit from the repetition of Good Apollo's experience.
    Thank you for the reminder. I miss Good Apollo. And Space Matters. And so many others we'll be here all day if I go on listing them.
    Helpful Binky Rated helpful
    Likes Maskell, petenyc liked this post
    Nolite te bastardes carborundorum, b_tches!

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.