Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has Anyone Had Memory Problems While on Tramadol?

Quote Originally Posted by notcharlotte View Post
    @M77, i found i had a lot of memory issues with the first generation trycylics. lyrica is well-known for brain fog, and the combination with nortriptyline has to be brutal.

as an aside, there are a number of apps for stimulating memory. the more you use your brain, the better. but if i took lyrica and nortriptyline i would be unable to get out of bed, let alone think.
    A quick look at Amazon, reveals many books about Memantime, but no actual product. They do have nootropics like Galantamine, and a few others. Obviously, my search is not limited to Amazon. I truly appreciate the point in the right direction. I would prefer a nootropic, before jumping to Modifinal, as I don’t want to antagonize my anxiety issues. That said, anything is better than the status quo.
    Likes notcharlotte liked this post

tzabcan has much to be proud oftzabcan has much to be proud oftzabcan has much to be proud oftzabcan has much to be proud oftzabcan has much to be proud oftzabcan has much to be proud oftzabcan has much to be proud oftzabcan has much to be proud oftzabcan has much to be proud oftzabcan has much to be proud oftzabcan has much to be proud oftzabcan has much to be proud oftzabcan has much to be proud oftzabcan has much to be proud oftzabcan has much to be proud oftzabcan has much to be proud oftzabcan has much to be proud of

I've been on tram since '99 and I think I'm the only one here who's memory is actually sharper WITH it. When I don't take it, is when I'm in a memory fog and I struggle a bit with short term memory when that happens.

As for the tram benefits, the SNRI has been the absolute perfect antidepressant for me for 20 years. Nothing else even comes close to helping my severe depression.
    Helpful M77, Mrs Parker Rated helpful
    Likes ludwig1961, notcharlotte, Marcie liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by tzabcan View Post
    I've been on tram since '99 and I think I'm the only one here who's memory is actually sharper WITH it. When I don't take it, is when I'm in a memory fog and I struggle a bit with short term memory when that happens.

As for the tram benefits, the SNRI has been the absolute perfect antidepressant for me for 20 years. Nothing else even comes close to helping my severe depression.
    @tzabcan
    Have you ever experienced insomnia with the Tram? I tried it once, and was staring at the ceiling all night. But in all fairness, that happens without the Tram as well. I had, for only the second time ever, my go to hypnotic did nothing last night, and I was up in 90 minutes. I do think I had help by a miserable inhabitant of my home, who enjoys waking me up. I can tell that it was external, because I woke up from REM sleep, evident from the vivid dreaming. Although that doesn’t explain why it took so long to fall asleep. After 3 hours of trying to sleep, there is nothing better than finally falling asleep, and being purposely rattled out of sleep, 90 minutes later. So for the second time in my life, I took another Z med, which I have sworn off, but had no choice. If I didn’t, I would have stayed up until daybreak. The problem with being awakened, I am in the process of changing, but that still leaves the problem of falling asleep, in the first place.
    Helpful tzabcan Rated helpful
    Likes ludwig1961 liked this post

Brianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant future

Yes, yes yes I do and its nuts
    Helpful M77, tzabcan Rated helpful
    Im a Trackaholic!

tzabcan has much to be proud oftzabcan has much to be proud oftzabcan has much to be proud oftzabcan has much to be proud oftzabcan has much to be proud oftzabcan has much to be proud oftzabcan has much to be proud oftzabcan has much to be proud oftzabcan has much to be proud oftzabcan has much to be proud oftzabcan has much to be proud oftzabcan has much to be proud oftzabcan has much to be proud oftzabcan has much to be proud oftzabcan has much to be proud oftzabcan has much to be proud oftzabcan has much to be proud of

@M77 I have severe insomnia without the tram. I fall asleep better when I take it and I think it's because it's controlling my depression so that my mind can shut the hell up and rest. However, I can understand how it would cause insomnia cuz it has a bit of a stimulant effect sometimes.
    Likes M77 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by tzabcan View Post
    @M77 I have severe insomnia without the tram. I fall asleep better when I take it and I think it's because it's controlling my depression so that my mind can shut the hell up and rest. However, I can understand how it would cause insomnia cuz it has a bit of a stimulant effect sometimes.
    @tzabcan
    I’m glad it works for you. That was exactly the feeling I had when I took it. It was a foggy stimulant effect, that had me up all night. I guess everyone is different, especially with the body’s reaction to different receptors in the brain.

7. i have no memory problems when taking tram, and like @tzabcan, not only can sleep but get sleepy. the most brain fog i have had, @M77, came from an antibiotic called cefdinir, which i was given for a uti. it was insane that an antibiotic knocked me out. i couldn't keep my eyes open and my brain felt like pudding. i got the doctor to switch to amoxicillin and was fine. it is scary to lose control of your brain. it is the reason i don't take an antidepressant: i hate being unable to think coherently.
    Helpful M77, tzabcan Rated helpful
    Likes Mrs Parker liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by notcharlotte View Post
    i have no memory problems when taking tram, and like @tzabcan, not only can sleep but get sleepy. the most brain fog i have had, @M77, came from an antibiotic called cefdinir, which i was given for a uti. it was insane that an antibiotic knocked me out. i couldn't keep my eyes open and my brain felt like pudding. i got the doctor to switch to amoxicillin and was fine. it is scary to lose control of your brain. it is the reason i don't take an antidepressant: i hate being unable to think coherently.
    @notcharlotte
    I fortunately got only insomnia from Tram, although I do classify it as foggy. The real problems are from the two antidepressants, that I am prescribed “off label” for neuropathy. Both Lyrica, and Nortriptyline, and the combination is wiping out my short term memory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M77 View Post
    @notcharlotte
    I fortunately got only insomnia from Tram, although I do classify it as foggy. The real problems are from the two antidepressants, that I am prescribed “off label” for neuropathy. Both Lyrica, and Nortriptyline, and the combination is wiping out my short term memory.
    Case in point - I mentioned that yesterday. LOL

9. Quote Originally Posted by M77 View Post
    A quick look at Amazon, reveals many books about Memantime, but no actual product. They do have nootropics like Galantamine, and a few others. Obviously, my search is not limited to Amazon. I truly appreciate the point in the right direction. I would prefer a nootropic, before jumping to Modifinal, as I don’t want to antagonize my anxiety issues. That said, anything is better than the status quo.
    @M77 Memantine is a pharmaceutical. However, it can bee found on certain websites. A Google search will provide domestic sources for reasonable prices.
    Helpful M77 Rated helpful
    It doesn't mean that much to me to mean that much to you

@Bernard Shakey
    Thank you very much! Truly appreciated!
    Likes Bernard Shakey liked this post
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

I had a friend that was put on Tramadol and he had a really bad reaction to it. Memory problems was one of his side effects and for whatever reason he experienced very bad migraines while taking it. He thought this would just pass after awhile but things never improved so he went to the doctors and they took him off. He is now taking Percocet and he feels so much better.
    Helpful M77, Mrs Parker Rated helpful

I get insomnia on tram as well. Weird how it affects each person differently but even alcohol affects everyone differently. I am fun after one glass but just want to go to bed after two while my friends stay up all night drinking.

I take tram only in mornings due to the insomnia. I suffer through the last part of my day but at least I (sometimes) sleep well.
    Helpful tzabcan, M77, Mrs Parker Rated helpful
    Likes Mike Stayn liked this post

@ethom
    I assure you I know the feeling. I never took more than one Z med in my life, before this past week. Twice earlier in the week, I took one, which I try not to take at all, unless I have to, and after trying to sleep for hours, I took a second. Those last two times, the second one worked. Last night, I took one, couldn’t sleep for two hours, took a second, and slept for two hours, and was woken up by a spiteful, miserable, and nasty poor excuse of a person. For reasons I won’t bore everyone with, I am going to extricate myself from that. I have enough stuff to deal with from work, and then have to deal with that. I won’t ever take three, and I’m actually just wasting them. Before last week, I would have bet any amount of money that I couldn’t not sleep with two.

But the toxic thing I live with is able to counteract two tablets, and I’m not taking three and offing myself. There is one reason I haven’t left, and that is resolving itself shortly. I should start a new thread called Peyton Place. I would laugh, but I’m too exhausted to.
    Last edited by M77; 1 Week Ago at 05:42 PM.
    Likes Mrs Parker, tzabcan, Mike Stayn liked this post
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

medi1 has a brilliant futuremedi1 has a brilliant futuremedi1 has a brilliant futuremedi1 has a brilliant futuremedi1 has a brilliant futuremedi1 has a brilliant futuremedi1 has a brilliant futuremedi1 has a brilliant futuremedi1 has a brilliant futuremedi1 has a brilliant futuremedi1 has a brilliant futuremedi1 has a brilliant futuremedi1 has a brilliant futuremedi1 has a brilliant futuremedi1 has a brilliant futuremedi1 has a brilliant futuremedi1 has a brilliant future

My mum gets trams for pain and I took them for anxiety for some time and they do give me the brain fog. I also found that Pregabalen are pretty bad for memory when under the influence and after taking them, But they help with my anxiety and help me relax indoors which is the only time I'd take them as they make me kinda clumsy/dopey, Depending on the mg I take.
    Helpful M77, Mike Stayn Rated helpful
    "Hope is a good thing, Maybe the best of things...and no good thing ever dies."

Yep, I get the brain fog somedays... There are days I feel at top of my game and days I feel like I can’t even add 2+2 taking tramadol.. taking it causes more positive for me though: The depression seems to have subsided since I started with this devil of a pill about 15 yrs ago. Somedays I hate myself for even putting one tramadol in my mouth and other days I’m glad I found something to help me feel better about myself and not so down and sad.. you ever feel like you really don’t have anyone who really likes you or cares to even be a friend.:. Life just bites hard somedays!
    Helpful M77 Rated helpful

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12