Page 150 of 151 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151 LastLast
Results 2,981 to 3,000 of 3016

Thread: So what's for dinner?

COSGringo is offline Banned Reason: Reluctantly had to kick off COSGringo because he became consistently belligerent
    COSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond repute
    COSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Missmolly View Post
    @COSGringo

OMG you really are a foodie.

my breakfast was a bit of chocolate with coffee
    snack pumpin latte with Belgian waffles
    Dinner was pie and mash
    I also had ice cream for desert.
    Tea and biscuits throught the day..
    Foodie, once. I was a chef more or less. No not certified which means little. I got my stuff from running kitchens/restaurants. I miss the food as I can't do it like I used to. I hurt too often.
    Not to mention when I made good $ I did not EVER cheap out on ingredients.

Hey @Missmolly --- if you like it- that's all that matters!!! You can make whatever you want. There's not much too it. Analyze the tastes you like and incorporate them into your food.

OH- Don't waste $$$$ on overpriced cookware and shite. Chefs don't. Go to the back of a real restaurant and you have a good knife (or more hanging on a magnetic strip) and you live by that with your blackened pans/pots AND GAS YES GAS--- ovens.

Sorry- I have an electric oven and HATE HATE HATE it. Most homes do. Next kitchen won't.

Still don't waste money on anything but good knives (and treat them well) and well of course good ingredients.

Swing by, I am dying to cook up a big meal. You will leave with food to take home I assure you.
    Name the cuisine though I am lacking in some middle eastern foods including regions of India. I can still do it if requested.

Bon apetit!!!

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    COSGringo is offline Banned Reason: Reluctantly had to kick off COSGringo because he became consistently belligerent
    COSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond repute
    COSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond repute
    Hey, while I am on the food thing- what's your favorite meat to slow cook? Anything? Need not be grilled/smoked.

I.E.- perhaps Osso Bucco (veal, pork, beef), etc.

If you have a special smoker recipe- please share. I am nearing the beginning and end of the Big Green Egg smoking season for me. I like to do it end of summer beginning of Fall as the temperature is easier IMHO to keep steady. I don't have the fun filled remote fan/thermometer.

And you are my best friend if you have a slow cooked or awesome CAMPING RECIPE done over wood in a pit you dug. I wrote a book "Campfire Gourmet" though I never published after losing 2/3 of it on a computer (no handwritten).

Example- cooking either kick ass steaks on a clean (by hand perhaps or stream) flat rock heated in a fire for hours, or perhaps a roast done over hot coals but wrapped in foil or simply washed stones near a blazing fire underground. All so doable. I am sure I have a pic of the steaks on NY's Day in West Virginia on a stone next to a frozen river. (We got drunk and drove 8 hrs to Monanghelia Forest from NJ).

UFC123 has a brilliant futureUFC123 has a brilliant futureUFC123 has a brilliant futureUFC123 has a brilliant futureUFC123 has a brilliant futureUFC123 has a brilliant futureUFC123 has a brilliant futureUFC123 has a brilliant futureUFC123 has a brilliant futureUFC123 has a brilliant futureUFC123 has a brilliant futureUFC123 has a brilliant futureUFC123 has a brilliant futureUFC123 has a brilliant futureUFC123 has a brilliant futureUFC123 has a brilliant futureUFC123 has a brilliant futureUFC123 has a brilliant futureUFC123 has a brilliant future

Hello Friends,Dinner tonight was great.Me and my family had New york strip steaks grilled ,baked potatoe,and asparagus fresh with hollandaise sause.For desert we had a chocolate ice box cake.For all that don,t know what that is, it is chocolate pudding and honey graham crackers made like lasanga.Take a glass baking pan and put a layer of pudding and then put graham crackers over that and repeat two more times giving you three layers.Chill in fridge until cold,take out and serve,cutting in squares and topping with whip cream.You can use reddie whip in can or cool whip but the best is homade whip cream using heavy cream and sugar and whip till fluffy.Try it for the New year.Happy New Year everyone and be safe going into 2017.

Victoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to all

Salad, salad and salad all week to combat the 7lb gain due to Xmas gluttony!
    Likes CrayonBox liked this post

NotMyRealName is a glorious beacon of lightNotMyRealName is a glorious beacon of lightNotMyRealName is a glorious beacon of lightNotMyRealName is a glorious beacon of lightNotMyRealName is a glorious beacon of lightNotMyRealName is a glorious beacon of lightNotMyRealName is a glorious beacon of lightNotMyRealName is a glorious beacon of lightNotMyRealName is a glorious beacon of lightNotMyRealName is a glorious beacon of lightNotMyRealName is a glorious beacon of light

Homemade pizza.crust from Trader Joe's as it is about as good as we make, quality sauce, rolled onto parchment paper super this and baked at 440 until done.

It is AWESOME!

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone have a killer recipe for Osso Bucco with risotto? THis is my fav in a real Italian restaurant. YUM and HELP with a recipe!!! ... and O hope it isnt too hard to do..

Quote Originally Posted by COSGringo View Post
    Foodie, once. I was a chef more or less. No not certified which means little. I got my stuff from running kitchens/restaurants. I miss the food as I can't do it like I used to. I hurt too often.
    Not to mention when I made good $ I did not EVER cheap out on ingredients.

Hey @Missmolly --- if you like it- that's all that matters!!! You can make whatever you want. There's not much too it. Analyze the tastes you like and incorporate them into your food.

OH- Don't waste $$$$ on overpriced cookware and shite. Chefs don't. Go to the back of a real restaurant and you have a good knife (or more hanging on a magnetic strip) and you live by that with your blackened pans/pots AND GAS YES GAS--- ovens.

Sorry- I have an electric oven and HATE HATE HATE it. Most homes do. Next kitchen won't.

Still don't waste money on anything but good knives (and treat them well) and well of course good ingredients.

Swing by, I am dying to cook up a big meal. You will leave with food to take home I assure you.
    Name the cuisine though I am lacking in some middle eastern foods including regions of India. I can still do it if requested.

Bon apetit!!!
    All of my posts are fictitious and fantasy. Isn't the internet a blast?

NotMyRealName is a glorious beacon of lightNotMyRealName is a glorious beacon of lightNotMyRealName is a glorious beacon of lightNotMyRealName is a glorious beacon of lightNotMyRealName is a glorious beacon of lightNotMyRealName is a glorious beacon of lightNotMyRealName is a glorious beacon of lightNotMyRealName is a glorious beacon of lightNotMyRealName is a glorious beacon of lightNotMyRealName is a glorious beacon of lightNotMyRealName is a glorious beacon of light

No recipe for Osso Bucco?

I will pay in good will and karma...

Love that dish big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one? OK I FOUND MY OWN AND MADE IT LAST NIGHT!!!!
    I got this from FOOD and WINE
    My Rating: 9.5

Have your butcher tie the pieces of veal shank around the middle with cotton kitchen string like a belt; this will help the meat keep its shape as it cooks. You can also tie the veal yourself. Serve the osso buco with small spoons so guests can scoop out the luscious marrow.

Ingredients:
    2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    Six 2-inch-thick meaty veal shanks, each tied with string (3/4 to 1 pound each)
    Salt and freshly ground pepper
    2 large carrots, cut into 1/2 -inch dice
    1 medium onion, cut into 1/2 -inch dice
    1 celery rib, cut into 1/2 -inch dice
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 cup dry red wine, such as Barbera or Chianti (Critical tip!!! - PICK A WINE YOU WOULD DRINK!!!)
    1 cup drained canned Italian tomatoes, coarsely chopped
    1 cup chicken stock or canned low-sodium broth (I had beef stock and it worked perfectly.

How to Make It

Step 1
    Preheat the oven to 325°. Heat the olive oil in a large enameled cast-iron casserole. Season the veal shanks with salt and pepper and cook over moderate heat until browned, about 8 minutes per side. Transfer the shanks to a plate.

Step 2
    Add the carrots, onion, celery and garlic to the casserole. Reduce the heat to moderately low and cook, stirring, until tender, about 7 minutes. Add the wine and cook, scraping up any browned bits, until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and chicken stock and bring to a simmer over high heat.

Step 3
    Return the shanks to the casserole, nestling them into the vegetables; add any accumulated juices. Cover the casserole and braise the shanks in the oven for 1 hour. Turn the shanks, cover and cook for about 1 hour longer, until the meat is very tender. Transfer the shanks to a rimmed platter and cover loosely with foil. Measure the sauce; you should have 2 cups. If necessary, reduce the sauce over high heat. Season with salt and pepper.

Step 4
    Cut the strings off the shanks. Spoon the sauce on top and serve.
    Make Ahead
    The osso buco can be refrigerated overnight and reheated, covered, in a 325° oven.

Suggested Pairing
    Risotto and a BIG Red Wine!!!
    Likes CrayonBox liked this post

Blues is a name known to allBlues is a name known to allBlues is a name known to allBlues is a name known to allBlues is a name known to allBlues is a name known to allBlues is a name known to allBlues is a name known to allBlues is a name known to allBlues is a name known to allBlues is a name known to allBlues is a name known to all

Lasagna plus i just found out i can eat garlic bread, sober!
    So that's a bonus
    Likes CrayonBox, snowy liked this post
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!

Dinner for a romantical NYE was a fantastic seafood posole with scallops and shrimp. Home-made sourdough bread. Complicated salad. Nice Sauvignon (sp?) Blanc.

Working on a focaccia-style sourdough pizza crust now. Might be ready for Thursday night. Gotta let pizza crust rest and get flavor!

Tonight me, the guy, who is the cook in our house, gets the night off. We're going to a nice Korean-american place created by a former Top Chef winner. About 3 miles away. Love being in a big city...
    Likes CrayonBox, snowy liked this post

CrayonBox is a jewel in the roughCrayonBox is a jewel in the roughCrayonBox is a jewel in the roughCrayonBox is a jewel in the roughCrayonBox is a jewel in the roughCrayonBox is a jewel in the roughCrayonBox is a jewel in the roughCrayonBox is a jewel in the roughCrayonBox is a jewel in the rough

Making chicken fajitas tonight. Thinking of cooking some steak too so we can have two different kinds. Just got done slicing up the red and yellow bell peppers. Going in for the onions next. Gotta smash up some avocados for the guacamole. Bought some pico de gallo from the deli section at the grocery store. It’s gonna be yummers!!!!!
    Likes snowy liked this post

I just come her for the recipes. I give them to the DH because he does all of the cooking. It is slim pickins at our house when he travels out of town for a week. Those are the times we get takeout fast food, sandwiches or pizza
    I think cooking may not be my strong point.

13. Quote Originally Posted by DW4210 View Post
    I just come her for the recipes. I give them to the DH because he does all of the cooking. It is slim pickins at our house when he travels out of town for a week. Those are the times we get takeout fast food, sandwiches or pizza
    I think cooking may not be my strong point.
    Perhaps cooking may not be your strong suit, but you can be a strong sous-chef and pick up cooking points from that (and relationship points to boot!)

In our house I'm the cook largely because I enjoy it, and I'm reasonably good at it, whereas it is not something that the GF enjoys. She is a fine cook -- i'm witness to that, and she is excellent at locating interesting, uncommon recipes. But she is a slave to a recipe and doesn't know how to/is afraid to extemporize. Before she moved in her typical dinner was cheese and Edamame.

She's still working -- hard. I've been retired for years. So we have flipped the '50-'60s paradigm and we laugh about it all the time. She comes home from a long day at the office and I have something simmering on the stove. She sits at the table in the eat-in alcove in the kitchen and chats, or reads the mail, while I finish and plate. And then, because I like a cleaned-up kitchen and she hates to do dishes, I straighten up and load the dish washer (one I've had for 28 year, so I know how to do it "just so.")

I warn her that when she retires chores may have to be reshuffled!

If I have all of the ingredients and a recipe, I can make it. I am impressed with those who are able to just find a couple of spices in the pantry and put a good meal together. I know what I like when I get it, but it would be difficult to look at a finished product and see what was used to create the master piece. Cooking is an art, it is amazing that some people are so visionary.

CrayonBox is a jewel in the roughCrayonBox is a jewel in the roughCrayonBox is a jewel in the roughCrayonBox is a jewel in the roughCrayonBox is a jewel in the roughCrayonBox is a jewel in the roughCrayonBox is a jewel in the roughCrayonBox is a jewel in the roughCrayonBox is a jewel in the rough

Just had a Caesar salad with mushroom and Alfredo sauce pasta and some garlic bread. Washed it down with some iced tea.

16. Spaghetti with homemade sauce and meatballs. Don't forget the pecrino Romano cheese.

Sadly cold pizza for 1 tonight... the same tomorrow or I have the option of cold cuts... or a can of soup. Extremely unappetizing, Sunday will look pretty good.. maybe a crock pot stew. Stand by for updates. My husband makes a great chili & no complaints on his stew or soup. I wouldn’t complain if it was bad, I learned that lesson long ago the first time my mom made crab cakes, it was pretty bad. I will never forget keeping my mouth shut and feeding my serving to the cat under the table and swiping my younger brothers off of his plate and feeding them to the cat, all the while my brother wouldn’t just shut up... I saved us both from the crab cakes but I think by the end my mom knew the score. I am still guilty to this day if my husband has an off day, why not I have 3 dogs and usually it is an issue of tough meet. I personally am of the opinion that if my child tries it and doesn’t like it they can opt for pb&j or whatever we have in the fridge, freezer or pantry. I have never and will never force any child to eat any food and if I go out for fast food I will stop at a different restaurant as many times as I need to, it might take extra time and some may say that is “too much” running around and they may be true for that individual, but my thoughts are this is my family, if that is all it takes to make each of them happy I am happy to do it. Just the way I think. The only requirement is a text with the exact order. Just last week my oldest had some crazy McDonald’s chicken with Mac sauce concoction that he loves. I was embarrassed to place the order and definitely would not eat it myself, but if my kids like it I love it. I am guilty of judging and commenting ontheir orders, but since I am the one ordering and paying it is all good, they don’t care. My oldest has the strangest requests, when he was very young he asked my beloved aunt for a salami sandwich with salami, grapes, mustard, mayo and ketchup which he thought was the best thing in the world.same child will not eat Doritos or any other food product with powdered cheese and to this day will not share a drink or people’s food unless it is me.
    Last edited by DW4210; 1 Week Ago at 07:46 PM.

snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    Every so often I crave a big old baked potato, loaded. I go all out with butter, sour cream with chives, bacon bits and shredded cheese. Tonight was one of those nights.
    I know this is weird but I like to dump canned corn on top of it all. Must be something from my childhood, it's so good!
    Likes Sheena liked this post

Victoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to all

I'm struggling to just do normal everyday stuff and look after a newborn. Cooking has been neglected as I've no time, so I'm on baby formula milk too although I don't put mine in a bottle!

I made chili! Perfect for this freezing cold day. I like it mild and not hot & spicy. Never could figure out how people can eat things that leave their mouth on fire.
    Because no matter where you run, you just end up running in to yourself. ~ Audrey Hepburn

snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheena View Post
    I made chili! Perfect for this freezing cold day. I like it mild and not hot & spicy. Never could figure out how people can eat things that leave their mouth on fire.
    Sheena it's so nice to see you posting again!
    Likes Sheena liked this post

22. So what's for dinner?
Page 150 of 151 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151 LastLast