Page 151 of 151 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151
Results 3,001 to 3,016 of 3016

Thread: So what's for dinner?

  1. #3001
    Quote Originally Posted by snowy View Post
    Sheena it's so nice to see you posting again!
    Thank you Miss @snowy! Missed you!
    Likes snowy liked this post
    Because no matter where you run, you just end up running in to yourself. ~ Audrey Hepburn

  2.  
    Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
  3. #3002
    @Victoria123 when did you have your baby? What is the gender? Enjoy those days while you have then, they go by in a blink of the eye. I wish I had support from my husband through it all, both times. For me the lack of support destroyed it all. May God bless you and your baby.

  4. #3003
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Here, there, but mostly here.
    Posts
    28
    awwwurz will become famous soon enoughawwwurz will become famous soon enough

    I broiled up some "London broil" marinated for 2 days with coffee beans, bleu cheese, worchestire sauce, Malabar black peppercorns, a dab of balsamic vinegar, and some olive oil. Decent though it makes a mess on the broiler pan. A friend from the west coast passed on the recipe. Hope I am in the right thread lol.
    Likes Blackbird123 liked this post

  5. #3004
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Somewhere Out There....
    Posts
    528
    CrayonBox is just really niceCrayonBox is just really niceCrayonBox is just really niceCrayonBox is just really niceCrayonBox is just really niceCrayonBox is just really niceCrayonBox is just really niceCrayonBox is just really niceCrayonBox is just really niceCrayonBox is just really nice

    I was lazy so we had hot dogs with shredded cheese and red onions. I ate two.

  6. #3005
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    448
    Victoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to behold

    Quote Originally Posted by DW4210 View Post
    @Victoria123 when did you have your baby? What is the gender? Enjoy those days while you have then, they go by in a blink of the eye. I wish I had support from my husband through it all, both times. For me the lack of support destroyed it all. May God bless you and your baby.
    @DW4210
    Early December, a boy. He was premature but he's in good health. It's a sad story with the father, we seem to take a step forward and then two back. We had split by the time I found out I was pregnant. My pregnancy sounds similar to yours, I was on my own and scared, I was expected to terminate and haven't seen him since we split. I am about the least maternal person I know yet as soon as I found out I bonded immediately. My life has changed dramatically. I hope that one day the Father will be involved but we both have our faults and until both of us accept, at the same time, that our son must come first then we aren't going to get anywhere.
    I captured his first smile on camera yesterday! I write a daily diary. I'm in the middle of radiotherapy and thankfully I think I can escape chemo. I very much live in the moment and I finally understand what that means.
    Life's good, I hadn't planned this but I wouldn't change one single second. The rest of my minute family are furious and I couldn't care less!
    Victoria
    Likes DW4210, jaders, Blackbird123 liked this post

  7. #3006
    @Victoria123
    Unplanned doesn’t mean unwanted
    It means life knew what you needed
    Before you did.
    Likes Victoria123 liked this post

  8. #3007
    @Victoria123. I bet you are a wonderful mother and I am so happy your little boy has you and you have him. Hold him tight and give him all the love and cuddles you can, the love you share with and for him is the purest and strongest you will ever feel. It is wonderful and scary, but you will do everything just perfectly. Time goes by in a blink of an eye. My “baby boy” is now 24 & he still has my heart wrapped around his little finger. He has grown into a man that loves and respects women and someday he is a wonderful son and someday he will make some lucky lady a wonderful husband and father. It was hard at first, I desperately wanted that perfect little family and the father to be with us. Unfortunately that wasn’t in the plans, even though we got married and had a 2nd child. In my heart I know he loves us to this day, but he loved his addictions more. It wasn’t easy, closing that chapter. I was so blessed to have my aunt (that lived with me) and a father who always stood by us. (We are so loved). When I finally got myself sorted by some miracle my husband walked into our lives, loved us all, married me (the 4th month of dating)and adopted my 2 children (exactly a year later, the soonest he legally could). It has been over 18 years and he has never left them or me, he has never walked away, left us or given up. We have had some very hard times, but he stays and loves us. He doesn’t understand why I think he could walk away and the dysfunctional past I had growing up. I finally understand that he cannot leave because he wants and needs us as much as we want and need him. He is my children’s only father and my wonderful husband. I am so thankful for this man and that my ex walked away and gave it all to him. It isn’t the way I planned it in my mind, it is so much better than I ever imagined or believed I deserved. Out 24 year old son to this day comes to hug us both before he leaves, tells us he loves us and is very affectionate (not is a weird or creepy way). You have a wonderful gift in your son and he has a wonderful gift in his mother.
    Likes jaders liked this post

  9. #3008
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    448
    Victoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to behold

    Quote Originally Posted by DW4210 View Post
    @Victoria123. I bet you are a wonderful mother and I am so happy your little boy has you and you have him. Hold him tight and give him all the love and cuddles you can, the love you share with and for him is the purest and strongest you will ever feel. It is wonderful and scary, but you will do everything just perfectly. Time goes by in a blink of an eye. My “baby boy” is now 24 & he still has my heart wrapped around his little finger. He has grown into a man that loves and respects women and someday he is a wonderful son and someday he will make some lucky lady a wonderful husband and father. It was hard at first, I desperately wanted that perfect little family and the father to be with us. Unfortunately that wasn’t in the plans, even though we got married and had a 2nd child. In my heart I know he loves us to this day, but he loved his addictions more. It wasn’t easy, closing that chapter. I was so blessed to have my aunt (that lived with me) and a father who always stood by us. (We are so loved). When I finally got myself sorted by some miracle my husband walked into our lives, loved us all, married me (the 4th month of dating)and adopted my 2 children (exactly a year later, the soonest he legally could). It has been over 18 years and he has never left them or me, he has never walked away, left us or given up. We have had some very hard times, but he stays and loves us. He doesn’t understand why I think he could walk away and the dysfunctional past I had growing up. I finally understand that he cannot leave because he wants and needs us as much as we want and need him. He is my children’s only father and my wonderful husband. I am so thankful for this man and that my ex walked away and gave it all to him. It isn’t the way I planned it in my mind, it is so much better than I ever imagined or believed I deserved. Out 24 year old son to this day comes to hug us both before he leaves, tells us he loves us and is very affectionate (not is a weird or creepy way). You have a wonderful gift in your son and he has a wonderful gift in his mother.
    @DW4210
    Thank you for sharing such personal feelings. I know you are right; I have never felt love like this and I thought I had loved a long time ago. I was ridiculed for desiring a perfect little family but I'm not giving up, I have a perfect little two some family now; it will take one very special person to join us, it may happen, it may not. I thought I had achieved what I wanted and now I know my journey has just begun. This is my biggest ever challenge.

    Today I value health and time and to bring this on track I'm cooking lasagne tonight. Huge tray divides into 10 servings and 9 go in the freezer. I'm trying to put weight on so loads of cheese going in.
    Reading your post brought tears to my eyes, joyful ones. We don't know what we've got until it's gone and he's growing / changing daily.

    Thank you.
    V
    Likes DW4210, Blackbird123 liked this post

  10. #3009
    @Victoria123 you have one of the best things that will ever happen to you to hold in your arms. I am so glad your little one is thriving. I am happy to hear about him when you share.

    As for dinner, last night we had beef stroganoff & it was delicious, the meat was very tender. My husband and I had discussed (no criticism)that it can get tough and he adjusted how he prepared it. I think that happens with very lean cuts of meat. Not sure what will be for dinner tonight, hopefully it won’t be spaghetti because that is something I can make fairly easy when he is out of town on business.

  11. #3010
    Taco Bell tonight.. it is slim pickins until the weekend..
    Likes cat person liked this post

  12. #3011
    Thrown-together home-made enchiladas/burritos here for us tonight. All the fixins' are in-house.

    Have a left over piece of pork tenderloin. Gonna shred it with some canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce ( <== an incredible secret ingredient! Use Embassa brand for the best results -- perfect heat and a wonderful smoky adobo flavor). Put the meat on soft flour tortillas; add onions, avocado, cilantro (have a bunch dying from a previous recipe; looking for things to use it in; added it to last-weekend's chicken soup with excellent results!) and shredded cheese. Lightly toast in skillet. Serve with hot sauce of choice. Easy, fast and YUMMY!

  13. #3012
    On our way to an all time low, frozen egg rolls that were soggy from being microwaved. I already applied soy sauce when I realized they were not good or I probably would have put them in the oven to crisp them :/. Definitely going to try to do better tomorrow.

  14. #3013
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    448
    Victoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to behold

    Formula milk and lasagne still. At least visitors turn down dinner! My friend is doing Slimming World, he's lost 8 lbs in his first week. I have offered to roast a chicken tonight and chop a lettuce, that seems to fit his diet. @DW4210 good luck with trying harder tomorrow. I've written a list for tomorrow, line #3 says shave legs! I can't believe how much life has changed, I've never needed to put shaving on a to do list!
    Likes DW4210, Blackbird123 liked this post

  15. #3014
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria123 View Post
    I've written a list for tomorrow, line #3 says shave legs! I can't believe how much life has changed, I've never needed to put shaving on a to do list!
    I'd try putting that on my GF's list, but then she'd put "you shave too!" on my list, so we'd be at stalemate. We each argue for ourselves that it is not noticeable. Me because we're talking about everything above and below the well-trimmed beard (less noticeable than on a smooth face); her because she never wears anything other than pants, and even when in bed she wears PJs 'cuz she's the chilly type. <== perhaps TMI but to that end I bought her the CUTEST pair of fleece top-and-bottom jammies that look like something Laura Petrie would wear when headed to her separate bedroom on the Dick Van Dyke show. Adorbs!

    Back OT: the leftover pork tenderloin shredded and mixed with chipotle peppers in adobo sauce + another handy sauce and made into burritos was a big hit. Leftover meat + all the leftover fixin's = same things tonight. So: leftover leftovers tonight? And why not!!
    Likes Victoria123 liked this post

  16. #3015
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    448
    Victoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to beholdVictoria123 is a splendid one to behold

    My to do list is done! Everybody is fed, bathed and shaved. Well the baby hasn’t been shaved and the cat not bathed but you get my drift!
    Lasagne and salad for me, formula milk for little guy and kitten pouch for Freddie cat.
    Pulled pork for me this week, joint will cook on low overnight and I’ll probably have some for breakfast. I’ll make a curry with half the pork and freeze it. @tycho
    I love jammies. Over here the posh folk call them ‘lounge wear.’ I usually get jammies for Christmas from a girlfriend and last year they were cashmere, beautifully soft and warm. Baby was snuggled into me so we went off and did the food shopping earlier, thankfully they don’t look like jammies, well I hope they don’t!
    V X

  17. Two instant-pot baked potatoes and two low-fat hot dogs. I am in they "meh, quick and simple" mood.

  18. So what's for dinner?
Page 151 of 151 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-28-2011, 02:09 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-01-2009, 10:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Protected by Copyscape CopySentry. Do not copy.