Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: I miss vodka+tonic, what do you miss?

1. From time to time I crave a particular drink. Lately for some reason it has been a bloody mary. I would not consider myself a person that drinks a lot, probably about a drink a month. Now that we are moving into the winter season anyone ready for a nice hot butter rum? Mmmm..

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    jdoggjaren will become famous soon enoughjdoggjaren will become famous soon enough

I don't drink anymore but sure wouldn't mind some bourbon straight up, maybe on the rocks. ...ice cold

COSGringo is offline Banned Reason: Reluctantly had to kick off COSGringo because he became consistently belligerent
    COSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond repute
    COSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond repute
    Beer. Acute gout so I can't do beers anymore.

Sticking with red wines and the good ones (Orin Swift's, David Phinney's - my favs).

Oh well. I love beer but I don't love the inability of walking or at least without obscene pain. I suspect I will lose more foods and beverages as my vessel diminishes at an early age.

5. I miss going out with friends and drinking good-quality beer. My favorite kind was a beer that was made by a small brewery in my area. And I miss going to family barbecues and pulling out an ice-cold beer from the cooler. The kind of beer at those events didn't really matter - as long as it was cold.

Cash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond repute
    Cash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond repute
    I miss having a cold beer. I'm gluten free (ggrrrr)
    Last edited by Cash; 04-20-2016 at 06:28 PM.
    September 9, 2015

DW4210 has a spectacular aura aboutDW4210 has a spectacular aura aboutDW4210 has a spectacular aura aboutDW4210 has a spectacular aura aboutDW4210 has a spectacular aura about

I used to drink wine a lot, but just decided I am not going to do that anymore. I don't miss the wine, but I am missing taking wine to the neighbors and sitting out with a fire drinking. Cant tolerate the neighbor if I am sober. Maybe I will drink wine only on fire nights at the neighbors. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

I miss talking to my dad. I would give anything for just one more talk, I miss him & my aunt more than anything.
    Not all who wander are lost..

RHGB is a jewel in the roughRHGB is a jewel in the roughRHGB is a jewel in the roughRHGB is a jewel in the roughRHGB is a jewel in the roughRHGB is a jewel in the roughRHGB is a jewel in the rough

I miss alcohol full stop. It's hard not to think about it when you can't have it. You find yourself driven to threads like this, just to see what other people say and what they're thinking.

Of course it doesn't help living in a nice village, three doors down from a lovely country pub with a great beer garden.

Japaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond repute

A big fat doobie of hashish and tobacco. I can almost smell it.

(Not discussing recreational drug use, just answering the op's question.)

Spain has a spectacular aura aboutSpain has a spectacular aura aboutSpain has a spectacular aura aboutSpain has a spectacular aura aboutSpain has a spectacular aura aboutSpain has a spectacular aura about

I went 9 months without alcohol when I was on Cymbalta and I bought alcohol free wine and alcohol free beer which helped me. The one drink I really missed during this time was Rum and Diet Pepsi. Since coming off anti depressants I have gone off wine, it tastes funny now. I loved wine before. I now love Gin and Tonic.

11. I miss all alcohol dearly, beer, vodka, rum, a nice red... rotting fruit that's fermenting on the grounds of a local orchard as people gaze on with expressions of disgust paired with wonderment as I rabidly devour it while prone.

12. I don't miss alcohol that much - the side effects from the alcohol became so horrendous ( 72 hour migraines) that I became glad to give it it up. Living with an alcoholic also kind of ruined it as a social event for me ...however, every now and again I really like half a pint of SA Gold real ale. It is beer of the gods! Glorious!

13. Quote Originally Posted by MAVpilgrim View Post
    I don't miss alcohol that much - the side effects from the alcohol became so horrendous ( 72 hour migraines) that I became glad to give it it up.
    I've recently starting getting day-after migraines every time I drink too (though luckily not 72 hour ones). Is there anything you can think of that changed (mentally,physically, meds taken, health, etc) just before you started getting the migraines. I can't think of anything other than that I started taking an over the counter allergy medication a few weeks back.
    “Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.” -Joseph Heller

14. Quote Originally Posted by Krang View Post
    Is there anything you can think of that changed (mentally,physically, meds taken, health, etc) just before you started getting the migraines. I can't think of anything other than that I started taking an over the counter allergy medication a few weeks back.
    Well, it seems that I may always have had the condition there as I have had attacks of vertigo and headaches since I was a youngster, but never gave it a name. In retrospect my hangovers were always more extreme than my friends. It is hard to say why it suddenly became a full on condition - i got to the point where I didn't have a pain free day for 3 months straight, and even the slightest level of activity triggered a migraine. By that I mean physically walking a 100 yards, getting mentally excited about something (anger, happiness, either way), movement in a car/train, excess sound/light, anything that raised my heart rate.

Prior to it getting worse I went through several years of extreme personal stress, so I am pretty sure I was basically running on empty. The other thing I always blame is the fact that the home I had when it started was infested with black mould, and my allergies flared up bad and seemed to constantly trigger migraines. But whilst I think that place and time triggered it all, even when I moved from that place the migraines kept getting worse.

I learnt over time to recognise the subtle changes that took place before I got an attack, and learned to pause, breathe, let my thoughts still a bit, heart rate lower. That helped.

I just realised that writing all of this is off-topic on this thread. whoops!
    tbh I think that once you get out of your 20's alcohol doesn't roll off like it used to, migraines or no migraines.

15. Oops, you're right. Didn't mean to derail the thread. So back on track- in particular I miss Margarita's made in a Cuisinart homemade ice cream machine. You put your mix in until it gets nice and slushy, then scoop it out into a glass and pour your tequila in, then stir. It's like a Margarita Icee. Good stuff!
    Likes MAVpilgrim, Raspberry liked this post
    “Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.” -Joseph Heller

Raspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant future

@Krang ..Ditto on the Margarita's. Pina Colada's also..

Mai Tais anybody?

I miss EXPENSIVE wine and champagne. Just can't afford. Also really fine British ales like Smyth's Nut Brown, which is so absurdly priced, you can get a decent Spanish Rioja wine for the price of one 12-oz. Love draft Guinness, but they charge maybe $20 for a pint at the few places I can get it here.

Haven't drunk any hard liquor for years and never liked it, although I use Rum for cakes and love the flavour there. Also Grand Marnier for cake icing, but just get miniatures. I do like gin-and-tonics for a hot summer day at an outdoor plaza-cafe, but haven't done that for years. Don't like even the finest whiskey and abhor vodka. I do make a Chocolate Whiskey Cake though, that is delicious.

I also miss some liqueurs like the eaux de vie, especially Framboise and Poire de Guilliaume, but just can't afford unless somebody taking me to a fine restaurant, pretty rare. I sometimes give a bottle of Framboise for gifts--keep that in mind, the scent of the Raspberry is maybe even nicer than the taste. Very festive gift for someone at Xmas.
    Last edited by toby; 10-26-2018 at 02:17 PM.

18. I miss sweets and sodas. I've never been one to drink alcohol but them damn sweet foods and soda pop always got me. I had to stop bc of the enormous weight gain. Eventually, I've learned to control my appetite by eating Paleo style foods in a specific time of day. So yea, I'm a boring eater haha.

Now, I found some really great Root Beer by Virgil's. It's called Virgils "Zero" root beer and it's made with stevia extract. Tastes really good and cures that need for soda.

CrayonBox has a spectacular aura aboutCrayonBox has a spectacular aura aboutCrayonBox has a spectacular aura aboutCrayonBox has a spectacular aura aboutCrayonBox has a spectacular aura aboutCrayonBox has a spectacular aura aboutCrayonBox has a spectacular aura about

New Castle Ale beer. I used to be able to stomach beer for the most part. Now it just messes with my stomach and makes me bloated for like a year. Lol. I have a hard time even drinking a lite beer these days.
    Last edited by CrayonBox; 10-28-2018 at 01:27 AM.

20. Beer. Drinking in general but mostly beer

21. I miss vodka+tonic, what do you miss?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3