NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 816 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Anyone Tried Blue Apron Meal Delivery Services?

H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute

Question Anyone Tried Blue Apron Meal Delivery Services?

Hi All-

I've been hearing about all these Meal Delivery Services lately like Blue Apron and was curious if anyone had tried this one or another and what your experience was like?

I just signed up with Blue Apron and they will be Delivering the Ingredients for 2 Meals for 4 Persons today and that's why I'm curious. If you are unfamiliar with this concept, there are a handful of companies ( Blue Apron is the largest currently ) who allow you to go online, choose what dishes you prefer and how often you want delivery as well as how many people you wish to feed. They then schedule a delivery to your home on the appointed dates and provide you the EXACT FRESH INGREDIENTS, INSTRUCTIONS on how to prepare and cook it and they include every possible item you might need.

For example, if you order a recipe that calls for a Special Vinegar or sauce, the precise amount of that sauce is delivered along with your entree, fresh veggies and a side dish. You have to prepare the food and cook it, but they say it is sourced locally and seasonal. Today will be my first delivery. It comes ( if necessary ) ICE PACKED for fresh fish, meat, poultry & Seafood. So you don't even need to be home to accept delivery.

They also put you on an AUTO DELIVERY based on the plan you choose which can be modified or cancelled at any time. You may increase deliveries online as well as place a Stop Order for several weeks if you plan to be out of town or just have other plans. The plan I bought was $.8.50 per person which frankly is less than I would spend either eating out or even buying prepared foods at my local Grocer.

I'll post a follow up in a few days as to how the delivery went and how the food was. It sounded like a cool idea for those that want to cook unusual dishes but don't want to buy a quart of Champagne Vinegar for one recipe that might use a teaspoon.

If anyone is familiar with this, be it good or bad, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.
    Likes dannyb liked this post
    Self Appointed Forum Moderator ==> Click HERE to REPORT Suspected TROLLING!

2. i haven't tried this, but i'm interested in your results. after breaking my foot, i thought this would be a great idea, as well as a terrific present for people who've just had babies or illnesses. it does not seem that expensive, i agree. i hope it goes well.
    Likes H20shed65, Carter liked this post

@H20shed65 - Are they paying you for positive feedback. Are we going to see a Discount Code "H204ME".... Lol, I have a friend that actually does that.

Its okay. I've used them a couple of times. Depending on the Entree and the people you are feeding it might not be enough food for them. Especially the side portions I've learned in that respect and last order I did double up on due to my friends appetite. Its great if one is looking at healthy portion control, etc.

As far as ease. Everything is there, but I continued to still modify. Of course I am a much better Chef than the BA Team...

In the end I can still make a healthy everyday meal with fresh ingredients for less $. Your right about going out or prepared, bur you are still cooking with BA.

Enjoy!!!!
    Likes H20shed65, Carter liked this post

4. We've been using Home Chef for a few months and really like it! Pretty good recipes. No problems with the food or service.
    Likes H20shed65, Carter, Pat, smo1959 liked this post

5. We used to use a meal delivery service when both I and my Wife were working very demanding jobs. Sorry I can not remember the name. The meals did not come totally uncooked like the ones mentioned in this thread. It was more of a "just heat and serve" type meal. We used the service for dinner only. It was nice to have an easy to prepare meal when we both got home. 6 months into it my Wife stopped working and now has time to go shopping and cook, so we cancelled the service. A meal service like Blue Apron might be something for us to consider in our currant situation. I'm defiantly going to look into it.
    Likes H20shed65, Lioness #1 liked this post

H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazie View Post
    @H20shed65 - Are they paying you for positive feedback. Are we going to see a Discount Code "H204ME".... Lol, I have a friend that actually does that.

Its okay. I've used them a couple of times. Depending on the Entree and the people you are feeding it might not be enough food for them. Especially the side portions I've learned in that respect and last order I did double up on due to my friends appetite. Its great if one is looking at healthy portion control, etc.

As far as ease. Everything is there, but I continued to still modify. Of course I am a much better Chef than the BA Team...

In the end I can still make a healthy everyday meal with fresh ingredients for less $. Your right about going out or prepared, bur you are still cooking with BA.

Enjoy!!!!

Jazie-

I'm so glad you chimed in! Like you, I was concerned that if I ordered the Plan for a 2 person meal, there would either be not enough food ( eff portion control- LOL ) or that I would make a Great Meal and walk away hungry! Therefore, I ordered the two meals, each for 4 persons plan instead. It arrived as scheduled. The first dish is a Cool Take on Enchiladas and the second is a very Basic Roast Chicken.

I plan to make the Enchiladas tonight and since there are just two of us eating, I'm hoping I'll have some leftovers too. I'll make the Roast Chicken on Sunday, again with servings for Four.

What I truly love is the fact that they provide every single ingredient you need in precisely the correct portion. For example, they sent me Creme Fresh which I would be very, very hard pressed to find at any Grocer here save for Wegmans and precisely the amount I need to make the recipe. All the ingredients and veggies look very fresh and Blue Apron says that properly refrigerated the items should easily remain fresh for 5-6 days.

It definitely involves a lot of normal cooking, but both meals I ordered can be prepped and cooked in 45 minutes. But my favorite part is their thoughtfulness in providing the precise amount of unusual ingredients which unless you are a chef of the Martha Stewart variety, most of us don't keep these ingredients in our pantries and when we do, often it's because we need a Teaspoon of something and the balance sits in our pantries for two years until we throw it away. They also provide idiot proof instructions on how to prepare, chop, and cook every item on a large, easy to read laminated card.

I will post again once I have prepared a dish or two to let everyone know my results.

And to Jazie's point, if you need a promotion code, any podcast has them. I saved $30.00 on my first order ( delivery is always Free ) by using the url : www.blueapron.com/savage ( I listen to Dan Savage's Show, but almost all Podcasts advertise a Promo Code for Blue Apron. )

Finally, once you join you need to check your account often as you may SKIP or Discontinue Service NOT LESS THAN 1 WEEK PRIOR TO YOUR NEXT SCHEDULED DELIVERY! You can also choose from 4 different meal options each week and Blue Apron advertises that you will never have the same recipe twice in one year. When you first sign up, please read the plans carefully and it will allow you to opt to receive dishes with whatever entrees you like, e.g., Fish, Pork, Beef, Shellfish, Lamb & Poultry. You can select only those entrees you like and you will never receive entrees which you do not eat. You may also change these preferences at anytime.
    Last edited by H20shed65; 05-05-2017 at 09:35 AM.
    Likes Carter, Lioness #1 liked this post
    Self Appointed Forum Moderator ==> Click HERE to REPORT Suspected TROLLING!

The Supermarkets also have prepared meals for busy folks. You buy them on your way home. It is less $ than restaurant take out.

My Father who passed away 3 years ago was buying the frozen dinners ( garbage ) and I did not find out till he had to go to a hospice. I wondered if the poor quality meals made his condition worse. If I had known I would have had this service set up for him so would have known he was getting a quality meal. There are meals on wheels but that is not for everyday. If the prices go up to high then it is cheaper to order out and get delivery from a restaurant or you pick up from a restaurant.

I also noticed some places that have meals that you cook and are preportioned and mailed to your home. I personally do not see much difference than buying those meals at the Supermarket for far less. I also do not want to cook after a long day.
    Likes Annika, toby, Pat liked this post

I see specials for this place and it is a good (non commitment) way of evaluating this place. I did the same thing with a "groupon" special for Omaha Steaks. (pricey without the coupon).

My feeling is if the cost is more than $ 10 it is not worth it. Take out restaurants near me depending on the meals can range up to $20 per person. One smart idea is to get the DEALS for a family meal at some places. You pay a Flat rate and get a Huge Salad and Pasta etc for a dirt cheap price. These are mostly offered on Monday or Tuesday when places are slow and they just want to keep sales going.

I recommend "Groupon" for deals.
    Last edited by steve12345; 05-11-2017 at 03:10 PM.
    Likes toby liked this post

There is a special I just saw on Groupon and the price breaks down to $ 6 a meal for the special. I think it is $36 for 3 meals for two at $36. The deal ends after that. This might be a good way to test if you like the Blue Apron company.

10. I love it. Protip, once you get the recipe you can buy local and make it without waiting for it to come again. Got a couple of recipes we ❤️ that we make over and over again!

11. Quote Originally Posted by Grindselector View Post
    I love it. Protip, once you get the recipe you can buy local and make it without waiting for it to come again. Got a couple of recipes we ❤️ that we make over and over again!
    What is the cost for the meals when you buy at the local grocery store. The $ 6 cost with groupon is fair but the cost without the special is enough that I would rather pick up a cooked meal on the way home (no preparing or cooking).

The groupon deals are a good way to try out new restaurants and other services. They also have Omaha Steak specials. I think they are out of my price range and the size of the portions are not that good (my opinion).

12. It's cheaper at the store. The one drawback is that Blue Apron gives you only the ingredients you need, nothing extra or waste.

KarMar has much to be proud ofKarMar has much to be proud ofKarMar has much to be proud ofKarMar has much to be proud ofKarMar has much to be proud ofKarMar has much to be proud ofKarMar has much to be proud ofKarMar has much to be proud ofKarMar has much to be proud ofKarMar has much to be proud ofKarMar has much to be proud ofKarMar has much to be proud ofKarMar has much to be proud ofKarMar has much to be proud ofKarMar has much to be proud ofKarMar has much to be proud of

I like the concept of it. I think it's a lot of fun to do for a date night, especially if it's a second or third date because of how interactive it is. I also think anytime you collaborate to create something you can really learn a lot about a partner or new friend.
    One of my best friends got one through groupon and it cost like $10 for a delicious meal.
    Literally everything in the menu is included, so it's not like you're going to have any surprises.
    Blue Apron is the only service like that that I'm familiar with but if you find a great deal, do it! Groupon is an amazing resource if you're a cheapskate like me lol
    It's worth a shot! They have a lot of mouth watering options too so you're not going to get something like "spaghetti and meatballs" and even if you do it's not going to be like Franco American or whatever
    Likes steve12345, Raspberry liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.