NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 361 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Lab-Grown Meat??

therealchillax is offline Banned Reason: Had Issues with PR Rules and Moderators
    therealchillax has a spectacular aura abouttherealchillax has a spectacular aura abouttherealchillax has a spectacular aura abouttherealchillax has a spectacular aura abouttherealchillax has a spectacular aura about

Default Lab-Grown Meat??

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/71fb...ses-%2417.html

What has the world come to? Someone just shoot me dead now. I never could get w/the whole vegetarian/vegan thing, but this shit may leave me no choice. Give me real meat or give me death!

Thank god I just enjoyed a delicious full t-bone steak, of good old fashioned real beef.
    Likes rainey51, steve12345 liked this post

luvn2dance will become famous soon enoughluvn2dance will become famous soon enough

Well, I'm a bit of hypocrite, since I still eat meat, but I do believe it's not a sustainable practice any longer, given the sheer numbers of humans on the planet. I find this as a partial solution, to be intriguing. One product in particular that seems poised to take off is the, "impossible burger", which supposedly is delicious and mimics a real burger in almost every way. I'm looking forward to trying it when I can find one. Having said all that I could go for a good steak.
    Likes rainey51 liked this post

Lifeliver is a glorious beacon of lightLifeliver is a glorious beacon of lightLifeliver is a glorious beacon of lightLifeliver is a glorious beacon of lightLifeliver is a glorious beacon of lightLifeliver is a glorious beacon of lightLifeliver is a glorious beacon of lightLifeliver is a glorious beacon of lightLifeliver is a glorious beacon of lightLifeliver is a glorious beacon of lightLifeliver is a glorious beacon of light

Won't do Frankenstein meat. Our bodies were designed breakdown things a certain way. No matter what a chemist says, artificial is not the same as real.

Quote Originally Posted by therealchillax View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/71fb...ses-%2417.html

What has the world come to? Someone just shoot me dead now. I never could get w/the whole vegetarian/vegan thing, but this shit may leave me no choice. Give me real meat or give me death!

Thank god I just enjoyed a delicious full t-bone steak, of good old fashioned real beef.
    I have no idea what the world has come to, it drives me crazy just thinking about it Have you seen all of the "genetic engineering" labels on food now too? Crazy!!! I used to feel "alright" being a vegetarian but now with all of the gmo crap, it seems like nothing is okay unless you can afford to buy organic and non gmo. This all makes me wonder about the movie Soylent Green.........
    Likes Gullible liked this post

There are increasing options for organic and non-GMO these days. Most supermarket chains carry a decent selection of organic, non-GMO produce - you no longer are limited to Whole Foods and a few specialty grocery stores. Personally, I want nothing to do with FrankenMeat.

jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellyn View Post
    There are increasing options for organic and non-GMO these days. Most supermarket chains carry a decent selection of organic, non-GMO produce - you no longer are limited to Whole Foods and a few specialty grocery stores. Personally, I want nothing to do with FrankenMeat.
    Gotta say, I feel the opposite. I don't eat meat because of the enormous amount of suffering the animals endure. I just can't help but feel that THAT negativity has to affect one's health. On the other hand, if they ever start "growing" meat in a lab, (which won't involve the suffering,) I'll be the first to line up...
    The cause of all suffering is attachment...

Quote Originally Posted by jaders View Post
    Gotta say, I feel the opposite. I don't eat meat because of the enormous amount of suffering the animals endure. I just can't help but feel that THAT negativity has to affect one's health. On the other hand, if they ever start "growing" meat in a lab, (which won't involve the suffering,) I'll be the first to line up...
    I totally agree with you jaders, about the suffering and negative effects. I was a veggie for a couple of decades but then a couple of years ago started buying grass fed meat from a really nice farm and I still don't feel right eating it though.

My problem is I can't figure out a really low dairy, gluten free, vegetarian way to low carb except for eating free range eggs all of the time. I want to get away from eating meat all together again but not gain back the weight I've lost....I'm thinking raw food diet again, maybe, but it took days to make one recipe after soaking the nuts, sprouting, and then dehydrating the recipes and my family won't eat any of the stuff I made, they hate my "regular" cooking enough. I'm stumped at what to do because gluten free pasta and stuff didn't help me lose as much weight as low carbing on the Wheat Belly diet which is loaded with meat recipes and yucky cauliflower and spaghetti squash recipes.
    Likes jaders liked this post

jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    Yeah, it's not easy to go low-carb and be vegan! I have gotten much better at just eating single items tho, too like just an avocado or nuts, etc. I do eat more dairy than I should, but I agree, that when I eat meat, I'll crave it before I eat it, but afterwards I feel crummy. Remembering that makes it easier to avoid...

Sly940 has a spectacular aura aboutSly940 has a spectacular aura aboutSly940 has a spectacular aura aboutSly940 has a spectacular aura aboutSly940 has a spectacular aura about

The soylent green is people.

I've eaten many deer that didn't suffer. They lived more free than most anybody in the Western hemisphere and then they died suddenly. We should all be so lucky.

When you eat an animal you get the benefits of their protein, fat, trace minerals etc. You ingest that life force and it perpetuates your own. When you eat pinkish goup grown in lab you get the benefits only of your guiltless delusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sly940 View Post
    The soylent green is people.

I've eaten many deer that didn't suffer. They lived more free than most anybody in the Western hemisphere and then they died suddenly. We should all be so lucky.

When you eat an animal you get the benefits of their protein, fat, trace minerals etc. You ingest that life force and it perpetuates your own. When you eat pinkish goup grown in lab you get the benefits only of your guiltless delusions.
    If folks who eat meat were willing to kill the animal themselves and it led the life you are talking about with the deer - I have no problem with that. Animals "grown" in CAFO's (confined animal feedlot operations,) in my view are really no different than the stuff grown in a lab. All that would be different is the suffering. That's my take. I feel like the indigenous tribes around the world who lived in balance with nature understood all of this. Us modern folks - I think we've lost any real connection to the planet. We no longer live in balance, and I believe that will be our eventual downfall...
    Likes rainey51, Gullible liked this post

therealchillax is offline Banned Reason: Had Issues with PR Rules and Moderators
    therealchillax has a spectacular aura abouttherealchillax has a spectacular aura abouttherealchillax has a spectacular aura abouttherealchillax has a spectacular aura abouttherealchillax has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, it's not easy to go low-carb and be vegan! I have gotten much better at just eating single items tho, too like just an avocado or nuts, etc. I do eat more dairy than I should, but I agree, that when I eat meat, I'll crave it before I eat it, but afterwards I feel crummy. Remembering that makes it easier to avoid...
    That's how I stay off alcohol, aside from avoiding triggers that drove me to the bottle. Oh, the many times I've looked up toward the liquor cabinet and thought a drink could help w/a bad day, but then I suddenly feel nauseated remembering how terrible it made me feel the last several times I drank even a capful of booze.
    Likes jaders, rainey51 liked this post

Lumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of light

I think lab grown meat is the future. It may never replace the taste or texture of a piece of real meat, but for any processed meat based products, one day lab grown meat will fit right in as a great replacement as soon as it is cheaper and as tasty (or tastier). Then huge factories growing it, as big as the factory style farms that exist now, but without the animal suffering (assuming the lab meat is grown in a culture media that doesn't have any animal based products or serum in it). Factory farming of animals is horrific, and I'm saying that as someone who is not squeamish about killing animals. Animals can be reared, used and killed in manners as humane as possible, and factory farming does not meet that criteria.
    Likes jaders, rainey51 liked this post

I felt this kinda coming way back when McD's introduced chicken McNuggets. I was just a kid, but something felt wrong about it to me, because I prefer my chicken in pieces on the bone. Anyone had Tyson chicken nuggets in the past several years? Eww. And that's coming from someone who grew up used to processed foods being quite common. But those neither look nor taste like chicken. It could be rat meat for all I know.

My late grandparents lived out in rural midwest, and their nearest neighbors had an honest to goodness family farm. I'd never until a few years ago known that factory farms were the rule, not the exception. I remember in the 1980s when a bunch of musicians all collaborated for "Farm Aid"...I'm not sure what went wrong, because I'm stuck in the city, so I'm out of touch with rural life. I miss it, and I just know living out in the country would help with the ol' insomnia.

Anyway, my grandparents got a great deal from those neighbors for a whole cow, already butchered and wrapped. My favorite was when my granny cooked and served the beef heart! Damn it was so flavorful and she was such a great cook.
    I could never be a vegetarian because I strongly feel that certain animals exist to be part of the food chain, and I feel deprived when I eat a meatless meal. That being said, I've grown to hate pork. As a kid, I didn't care, but I get pickier about food as I age.

@therealchillax - Oh man, I remember my Nana used to make chicken and I'd beg her for the boiled chicken hearts....so tender and good. She used to have my cousin go shoot a squirrel and cook it for dinner even though I never ate it there is nothing like "old school" knowledge, I wish I would've learned more from her when I was a kid. My mother always told us to listen to our bodies and eat what we wanted, unfortunately my body has been wanting Cheetos and Reeses Pieces

15. Quote Originally Posted by Lumo View Post
    I think lab grown meat is the future. It may never replace the taste or texture of a piece of real meat, but for any processed meat based products, one day lab grown meat will fit right in as a great replacement as soon as it is cheaper and as tasty (or tastier). .
    I think this too - I thinks its the way forwards. Fact is that meat production is beoming unstainable. World wide consumption is going through the roof. But I don't think veganism is the answer either - I mean think about it, all that land, water and fuel used to transport exotic fruits and veg all around the world. Veganism may have a moral point, but I don't think it's environmentally sustainable. Where I live land not suitable for other agriculture is turned over to hill sheep farming, which makes sound ecological sense and keeps it local....but that isn't enough produce to feed the entire population.

I think lab grown meat makes a whole lot of sense for sustainability.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.