Thread: Pain doc DIED, now what??

denman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant future

Default Pain doc DIED, now what??

Hey all, I hope someone will have some insight into what to do here. I'll keep it short.

A very close friend of mine just went to pick up her usual prescription on Tuesday only to find her pain management doctor had died of a heart attack. She is prescribed 3 x 80 mg O.c daily and 100 mg ms Con daily. She has been on pain meds for decades and this regimen for many years. She's had 11 back surgeries and has more metal in her back than the terminator.

Now, no one will even talk to her. As soon as they see the amount of meds she's on they tell her they can't help. She's in NJ, one of the worst states to be on opioids with the harshest laws right now and no doc wants to treat her.
    She will be out of meds in 2 days. She's a crying mess, I don't know what to do for her. Her insurance has covered everything til now, and has no money to use OPs and never has used them before anyway.

Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to anyone who took time to read this.
    Den
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Pain doc DIED, now what??
  3. I sent you a PM.
    Helpful denman66 Rated helpful

4. That's awful! I'm so sorry to hear about this! I hope she is able to find someone who can help her... My gosh! My heart goes out to her... Best of luck! =(
    Likes Sushi, denman66 liked this post

5. I too am so sorry for your friend.

I am in a similar situation - not nearly as dire - but I can relate.

My Orthodontist retired - and he was the doc who gave me valium and flexoril.
    My gp retired - and he rx'd me pain meds and gabopentin.

Fortunately most of these meds are not that hard to find "elsewhere" but still, it is a PITA. Once I settle with a new ortho doc and gp I will bring these issues up, but I doubt I will get much love, haha. Docs now are afraid to rx a Tylenol!

I hope your friend finds a compassionate doc. Sending positive vibes.
    Likes peppergirl liked this post

denman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant future

Forgot to update this thread sorry.. Thankfully she did find a doc to treat her after an exhaustive search. Every single pain management clinic to her to just go to detox. Unreal. Doc did adjust her meds a little bit, and she spent a few days adjusting to the change but she's doing well. Thanks to all who read this, replied or pm'd me in response I appreciate it.

@Musing - yes it is a PITA. As you mentioned gaba and some mild pks are easily found in many vendors in the general reviews section. You'll reach senior status soon but it doesn't mean meds fall out of the sky either lol. You'd still have to find a decent vendor for your needs. I do hope you find a GP that can help you, it's better for everyone when you have a legit script and proper treatment.

Thanks again to all,
    Den
    Likes peppergirl liked this post
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses

MRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond repute
    MRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond repute
    I don’t know anyone that could afford that regimen of meds using on OP. Even then, I doubt the authenticity of any meds like that bought ‘online’. There are so many counterfeits made with anything from tramadol to bathtub fentanyl. Any website you will find with a search engine advertising those meds will me a scam site anyway. Ther are very few real sources, and all are ridiculously expensive compared to the cost of domestic meds with medical insurance covering RX’s.

I’m very sorry to hear of their plight. I wish there was good news. I had a similar experience but with far less of a dose when the social attitude toward opioids changed. They need a serious break through toward pain management for people ‘butchered’ by modern medical procedures. Something that doesn’t leave people hopelessly addicted, or eventually causes law enforcement* to turn against the people the people they’re supposed to protect.

*- see the connection between Jeff Session and the private prison system.
    "Loose Lips Sink Ships"

@MRNUTTY - yeah I couldn't imagine trying to support a regimen like that using iops. Even if you had a solid vendor the cost we be extraordinary. She would have never gone the online route anyway, she's never been in our world...
    Luckily she did find a doc to treat her properly. Switched her meds from oc with ms at night to all Ms Con, 100mg 3 times daily with 15mg IR ms for breakthrough pain. Took her a few days to adjust to the difference in meds but she's doing well.

You're right about that last bit too, think I'll to quote Huwey Louis - "I Want a New Drug..."
    Helpful MRNUTTY Rated helpful

@denman66 Glad she found a caring doctor and is getting relief from her pain. Never thought I'd see days like these.

10. @denman66

I am very happy your friend found a compassionate doc who was willing to help her. Sounds like she is doing well now after adjusting to the new regimen.

2017 was a rough year - 2 weeks in the hospital, infusions at the hospital every 4 weeks, giving myself a shot once a week - and seeing my UC doc frequently. I just haven't had the energy to look for a new gp as I am still on this med schedule and it kicks my ass.

I think I found a "tooth" doc (I get confused between all the different ones - orthodontist, endodontist, etc) and he seems nice so I will bring up meds with him the next time I see him.

But no one will rx me the meds I really need, so I need to go "underground" for that. ugh!
    Likes MRNUTTY liked this post

11. Pain doc DIED, now what??