Thread: To VPN or not to VPN that is the question

1. Default To VPN or not to VPN that is the question

Like to throw this out there ...when looking online for a trusted reliable op ..would getting a vpn help ...
    Likes lovestojuice liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    To VPN or not to VPN that is the question
    Hi there Lordy, no, a vpn will not help looking for a reliable op. Your best source for that is right here at phamacyreviewer in the forums. A vpn will help you be anonymous if that's what you're after.
    Likes Keith K Stone, lovestojuice liked this post

4. You know one of the reasons I ask a particular pharmacy wasn’t showing up on google but had e mail address ..replying to my e mail they said one of there sights was blocked to uk but available via vpn ...so I wondered if this could be effecting more out there

Good Lordy Oh Lordy. When Googling for meds I am on a VPN. Also the search site duckduckgo does no tracking at all so I use it.
    Back in the wild west days of getting meds 90% or more people just did it with no layer of security or a secure VPN.

For the last several years I only wear my VPN condom when looking for meds or buying them.

Good VPN sources are out there for both computer use or even smart phone use.

All that being said I encourage you to use at least a VPN on any device so that your ISP provider can not see what you are doing because a good VPN should mask and encrypt all web traffic.
    With a good VPN in place it gives you some protection if god forbid you ever get tracked for med purchases.
    Likes tommygun liked this post

IMO all VPNs log. You better know what you are doing when you use a VPN.
    Helpful LeviDenim Rated helpful

Madmanmoonx will become famous soon enoughMadmanmoonx will become famous soon enoughMadmanmoonx will become famous soon enough

Pros an Cons to VPNs. Yes they encrypt your data to the casual observer and can allow you to access sites that are blocked in your country. On the other hand you usually have to pay for it and Can sometimes slow things down. There are some free one available but they are usually very slow.
    Helpful pmpl Rated helpful

VPN's are a great idea no matter what you are doing. Everyone is watching. Might as well make them work for it. I take security very seriously and use an OpenVPN client on my router that bottlenecks all Internet through it. I like it this way. Its always on and even if someone gets on my network and does something they shouldnt all the info is encrypted and sent over seas.

Check out DD-WRT and PIA

A free alternative to a VPN is Tor. They’re not the same thing, but Tor does allow you to access the web anonymously.

Note that while Tor’s encryption prevents a snoop from determining what websites you’re visiting and what you’re doing there, it doesn’t hide the basic fact that you’re using Tor. While there is nothing inherently illegal about Tor, it does suggest you might be doing something unlawful. If you don’t want anyone knowing about your Tor usage, you can combine Tor with a VPN.
    Likes heliarc liked this post

10. Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    A free alternative to a VPN is Tor. They’re not the same thing, but Tor does allow you to access the web anonymously.

Note that while Tor’s encryption prevents a snoop from determining what websites you’re visiting and what you’re doing there, it doesn’t hide the basic fact that you’re using Tor. While there is nothing inherently illegal about Tor, it does suggest you might be doing something unlawful. If you don’t want anyone knowing about your Tor usage, you can combine Tor with a VPN.
    TOR has had issues lately (or so I have heard) and finally someone "new" has been appointed to take the reigns of the corporation.
    IMO, für all members of the forum:

1.) Pay around 10 US dollars for a real VPN service (at most)-- Everyone needs one in this day and age.
    2.)Connect to the VPN
    FIRST; Make sure all shit going in and out of your computer is going through "the VPN ENCRYPTION TUNNEL"
    3.) OPEN TOR (although I haven't used it in 5,000 years) -- make sure TOR has its shit in a group and a stable version of the software is on your machine.

Last edited by Vikingblood; 5 Days Ago at 02:49 AM.
    Likes Keith K Stone liked this post

Keith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond repute
    Keith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond repute
    I don't know a whole lot about this subject.

Yet I did purchase a VPN called NordVPN.

I also purchased a program called Malwarebytes. (Premium)

Is this combination effective at all, or am I just wasting my money?....
    Last edited by Keith K Stone; 4 Days Ago at 09:00 PM. Reason: Please help me, one of you Techy people.
    Helpful Gullible Rated helpful
    Tommy's riding the waves everyday .... Yes, Yes, Yes...I'm Back In Black!... I DON"T suffer from INSANITY, I ENJOY every minute of it!...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith K Stone View Post
    I don't know a whole lot about this subject.

Yet I did purchase a VPN called NordVPN.

I also purchased a program called Malwarebytes.

Is this combination effective at all, or am I just wasting my money?....
    NordVPN is well-regarded for protecting your privacy, so I think that was a good investment.

Malwarebytes serves a different purpose entirely. Its job is to keep your computer from getting infected by malicious software, like ransomware. Malwarebytes is also a well-regarded program and one that's good to have, but it doesn't protect the privacy of your Internet usage.

(Note that Malwarebytes does not scan for viruses. It's a supplement to antivirus software, not a substitute for it.)
    Helpful heliarc Rated helpful

13. I was looking at ipvanish seems to have good reviews ..not that technically minded and somewhat confused about tor and vpn..is that doubling up on anonymity ? Which doesn’t feel necessary or am I missing something

14. I'm about to jump on the VPN bandwagon, too. Given all the recent media hype about privacy concerns and data mining linked to Facebook and Google, I think VPNs are gaining mainstream acceptance and aren't just regarded as a potential means of hiding nefarious activity anymore...Traffic going to VPN servers must be at an all time high.

And here's the clincher for me: Last week I got an unsolicited call from a contractor the day after doing some google searches on my desktop for a very specific type of home-improvement work (same sub-specialty). I never called or emailed this business and truthfully don't even remember seeing them in the search results. I did recently change my DNS servers to google though because my ISP recently forced me onto their fiber network, which brings me to another reason. As soon as I logged into their newly supplied router, I noticed it was automatically forwarding a random "UDP/PNP" port from a WIn7 desktop I had connected and appeared to be tunneling IPv6 traffic to some unspecified browser-related client through the Teredo interface (a.k.a. Teredo tunnel). While windows firewall did notify me via a dialog that it blocked an unauthorized connection on Firefox shortly thereafter, I never determined how or what initated the UPnP-created tunnel and ultimately decided just to disable both it (UPnP) and Teredo on all devices. I don't know how having a VPN would've affected this (how they deal with IPv6?), or the Norton Internet Security I had been using before my subscription ran out., but it sure does make me wonder...
    Last edited by heliarc; 3 Days Ago at 09:36 PM. Reason: clarification
    Helpful pmpl Rated helpful

15. Quote Originally Posted by Lordy View Post
    I was looking at ipvanish seems to have good reviews ..not that technically minded and somewhat confused about tor and vpn..is that doubling up on anonymity ? Which doesn’t feel necessary or am I missing something
    Tor relies on the standard TCP/TLS encryption that's built into every OS (and/or server) and only applies IP masquerading to HTTP traffic (e.g., web browsing), whereas a VPN encrypts all IPv4 (and maybe IPv6?) traffic leaving your device.

16. To VPN or not to VPN that is the question