Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Googling Information

artemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the info on scholar.google. Just what I needed.
    Last edited by artemis; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:13 AM.
    Likes M77 liked this post

2. I stopped getting targeting advertising like this after after installing Privacy Badger, even though I still use Google (although I refuse to sign in to Google). Privacy Badger blocks trackers that are frequently embedded in third-party advertising. It's free. It doesn't make any outlandish promises of absolute security. It just means if I want to look for, say, tickets to a show, I'm not bombarded for weeks afterwards by other ticket vendors. It also reward advertisers who don't so that shit by not blocking their ads. I get it---businesses need to advertise. But they don't need to install sneaky little trackers that follow me around the Internet.

Highly recommended. I could probably count on one hand the number of times I've had to disable Privacy Badger due to incompatibility with a site. It's put out by Electronic Frontier Foundation and they really do a nice job with it.

I'm too new to post links, but it's easy to find with your favorite search engine of choice.
    Helpful djrick, M77, Boxergirl, jaders Rated helpful

Mac Fandango will become famous soon enoughMac Fandango will become famous soon enough

Yes, I've noticed those ads about rehab centers increase over the last year or so, I've used duck no problem, I've never heard of scholar before and will look into that, thanks for the heads up.
    Helpful M77 Rated helpful

Quote Originally Posted by pippi222 View Post
    What about gmail? Is that ill-advised as well?
    I wouldn't use it for anything to do with why we're here. If you ever got in trouble they (G) would turn over your browsing history to the authorities.
    Helpful M77, Roz, pippi222 Rated helpful
    Likes Gullible liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by 10 years after View Post
    I wouldn't use it for anything to do with why we're here. If you ever got in trouble they (G) would turn over your browsing history to the authorities.
    @10 years after
    Exactly. Everything from G goes into a server farm indefinitely. Scary stuff. Remember Casey Anthony? They had her search history, and that had some very disturbing things. Her mother lied that she did the searches. I don’t even want to post them, they were so horrible.
    Last edited by M77; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:03 AM.
    Likes Roz liked this post
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

I think google/FB/Insta?twitter track all your information also everywhere you have been via google maps, there is some settings you can turn off but its mad the amount of info they hold onto by default there is a basic "Step-By-Step Guide To Erasing Your Entire Google History" here https://pixelprivacy.com/resources/e...oogle-history/
    Helpful LeeAnn, djrick, jaders Rated helpful

LeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant future

WOW what a treasure!!! thank you thank you
    Likes kevlar liked this post
    That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger

Quote Originally Posted by kevlar View Post
    "Step-By-Step Guide To Erasing Your Entire Google History" here https://pixelprivacy.com/resources/e...oogle-history/
    False sense of security is worse than no security.

Once Google (*any* domestic cloud service for that matter) gets any tiny bit of info about you, no matter how tiny it is, that info stays with Google (and with the government) forever. All the tiny details about you, which you you probably have long forgotten, are kept in central data warehouses, aggregated, analyzed, deduced, classified by data mining software, and they know you much better then you know yourself.

By deleting activities of your account, you are only revoking your *consent* to share. This can protect you in the courtrooms (anyway they will never let this convenient false sense of security dispel at all costs) but it doesn't protect you from getting on their radar. Once you are on radar, no need for Google's data anymore.

Search for "Edward Snowden" and "PRISM". Also read "No Place To Hide" by Glenn Greenwald.
    Likes LeeAnn, M77 liked this post

LeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant future

Well as usual, if something is too good to be true it probably is.
    That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger

I read an interesting article. I tried to find it, but I didn’t have the time to really look to hard. The gist of it was, a group of researchers took an iPhone, put it in a vehicle, and drove around Washington DC for for a few hours, and they were able to find that the device not only sent out all of the coordinates of where they drove, but from the elevation, it also knew every store, and tourist site they visited. This would be bad enough, but they repeated the experiment two more times. Once on airplane mode, which obviously is supposed to stop all outbound signals, and then with the power off. Both times, it reported all of the same info! Even when it was turned off!!!
    Helpful temmuz, jaders, Brianna9 Rated helpful
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

@M77

And data aggregation across the big PRISM companies make it really creepy.

Imagine that all the fingerprints you leave on Google, Apple, Microsoft, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, credit card usage, phone usage, Internet usage and more... are merged to one in a central data warehouse, aggregated, then analyzed...

This is not just a wild imagination. This is an actual reality.
    Helpful M77, kevlar Rated helpful

@tenmuz
    I read about that program, that Edward S. divulged. I don’t know if this made it to the press outside of the States, but the D*N*I, (director of Nationa1 Inte1igence) at the time, lied to our congress about it. He said, “No, we don’t do that. Well not intentionally.” Total BS!
    Likes temmuz liked this post

@M77
    "No Place To Hide" is a good reading on this subject.
    Last edited by temmuz; 1 Week Ago at 02:58 PM. Reason: Correct wording

Quote Originally Posted by temmuz View Post
    @M77
    "No Place To Hide" is a good reading on this subject.
    @tenmuz
    Thank you! I will definitely check that out. Another interesting read is about “The Dread Pirate Roberts,” which was the pseudonym of the guy that became a kingpin on the Silk Road. The guy made many millions of dollars in untraceable money, but ended up getting caught, because he let it all go to his head, and got very careless. He actually ordered “hits” on people that he perceived as his enemies, but nobody got hurt, because the people he contracted to do it were gov agents, in a sting.

I won’t tell you how he got caught, in case you decide to read about it, but it was stunning how he carelessly lost everything, and ended up locked up for life. If he wasn’t greedy, he could have walked away with hundreds of millions, and lived like a king, anywhere he wanted. Until he blew it, he was truly anonymous, and could have walked away with no problems. He didn’t have to worry about infamy, like most kingpins, because nobody, except a very few people, knew anything. But, like the story always seems to end, he got greedy. Well worth reading about. Thanks again for “No Place to Hide.”
    Helpful temmuz, jaders Rated helpful

Quote Originally Posted by M77 View Post
    Another interesting read is about “The Dread Pirate Roberts,”
    @M77, thank you for the suggestion. I will check it out.
    Likes Blackbird123 liked this post

16. I use duck duck go . com
    Helpful Binky Rated helpful

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234