Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Stockpiling meds

jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Roz View Post
    Agree w all you guys; this pain pill ban is silly. I would tell Dr. "I'd prefer not to chug shots of Tequila but if that's all they got?" and mean it unfortunately. Sometimes that works if u sell it good enough.
    Sadly tho, if you admit you're mixing alcohol and opiates - they'll just cut you off completely. It's just a damn no win situation. And again it just kills me that folks are dying right and left from alcohol and morbid obesity (just had 2 very good friends die last year from each one of these,) but no one suggests that we regulate the food or the alcohol. I have many other friends who are so obviously alcoholics but are so called "high functioning," working and living a good life, but if your DOC happens to be outside of this, even if YOU are high functioning, you're putting your whole livelihood and legal status at risk. It's just blatant hypocrisy and I applaud the pain patients who are "mobilizing" and fighting back. They are being punished because a bunch of young kids have fallen prey to heroin addiction, which again is VERY sad, but one problem should not backlash into causing another. And the doctors who keep trying to sell us these lies just lose all credibility to my eyes... (I could go on forever but I know I'm just preaching to the choir...)
    Helpful El Grandote Rated helpful
    Likes GreenThumb, Doc Rogue, M77, jakemoe liked this post
    The cause of all suffering is attachment...

Doc Rogue is a name known to allDoc Rogue is a name known to allDoc Rogue is a name known to allDoc Rogue is a name known to allDoc Rogue is a name known to allDoc Rogue is a name known to allDoc Rogue is a name known to allDoc Rogue is a name known to allDoc Rogue is a name known to allDoc Rogue is a name known to allDoc Rogue is a name known to allDoc Rogue is a name known to all

Agree w all you guys; this pain pill ban is silly. I would tell Dr. "I'd prefer not to chug shots of Tequila but if that's all they got?" and mean it unfortunately. Sometimes that works if u sell it good enough.
    Interesting that you mention that. Right after one of my 2nd surgeries (or 3rd?) where they fused part of my neck, the neuro doc gave me a 1 week supply (5 days, not 7) of low dose pk’s to recover with. This was also before I was in pain management.
    After that first week, and the meds ran out, I called up their office and told them how much pain I was in. They said they couldn’t do anything for me and take Tylenol. Which I already was, and it wasn’t coming close to touching it.
    I called up my brother, who I know toked pretty frequently, to find me some weed. Never have used it, but was desperate for relief. No dispensaries back in those days. Anyway his sources were all dried up at the time. So as a last resort I opened up a bottle of wine we had on hand that I had received as part of an award. By the end of the bottle, my pain was numbed and I made it thru the day.
    Two weeks of doing that, a bottle of wine throughout the day got me through it. Haven’t touched it since, except for some very fine whiskey my father-in-law keeps stashed, at every family Christmas. I’m just not a drinker. But if you’re desperate enough, it shows what length I’ll go to to drown out the pain.
    Helpful Roz Rated helpful
    Likes ludwig1961, M77, jakemoe, SoTired liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Rogue View Post
    Dang, I hadn’t read that. I’ve been there, and made a mistake of flying to a trade show, and forgetting a newly filled script. It wasn’t pretty, and it was the first time I had ever been without my meds for so long. Basically told everyone I had the flu all week.
    I get it, I can sense even though he’s been totally supportive of me, there’s just these undertones, phrases, I’m not sure really, but I can tell he’s happy when I ask for my appointment to be in 8 weeks instead of 4. I haven’t seen him in 6 weeks and actually have my next appointment on Friday. I’m happy to say I’ll have some left over and was able to stretch my script.
    I asked to be put on the long acting formula once, he won’t do it. Won’t even bump me up to the max IR, even though that’s what I take every 6 hours (yeah right, it doesn’t last that long, maybe 2). I’ve had to force myself that living with pain in between doses is the new norm for me.
    Still, being at that level was probably worse to be without. I may have done the same in that position.
    I’m just hoping as much as anything the Humira gets me the 2 weeks of relief it has like for others I’ve talked to. If it does.. I’ll taper off for good. If not, then I will stay on them as long as possible. It’s no life living with severe pain. And I’m just about done trying everything else only to be let down once again.
    @M77, Keep us in the loop on how it goes. All I can say is if it gets to be too much, if he’s as good a guy as you say, have a heart to heart with him and tell him how it’s going and if you’re suffering. It’s the one position I keep reading about and I keep thinking to myself that I dread the most: being cutoff when I may still not have adequate relief. If it’s what’s best for you and what you truly need, everyone here will be there to support you as much as one can through a forum.

ETA:
    You know, I think sometimes it’s almost a product of what’s going on around us, what we hear in the news etc. Yes, maybe some are right that prescribing was getting out of hand. But the damn pendulum swung entirely the wrong direction, and needy people were cutoff. It’s why I said in a recent appt. that I too feel sheepish at times asking for a refill.
    I’m not going to apologize for wanting a pain free life. I didn’t seek it out, didn’t ask for it.
    I’ll stay humble, but I won’t apologize for my choices in life. I do what I can for my wife and kids. And as much as I hate being debilitated by pain, they are the most important people in my life and I’ll be here for them as long as I can, supporting them in their successes.
    @Doc Rogue
    I used the flu story too! I don’t want to repost the whole story, but not only was I in full blown WD, with all the miserable things that go with that, I couldn’t have been at a more embarrassing place. The road trip was to help a close family member move, out of a dormitory at a university, to a rental home for their senior year. I had to meet all the new housemates for the first time, and pack stuff, and unpack it, to the new property. I spent the whole weekend in the bathroom, for obvious reasons, and couldn’t sleep for more than 15 minutes without running to the bathroom. It was horrific, and that is not even considering the pain. The trip back, with no sleep, on gallons of coffee, and still sick, was epic.

As far as just accepting the joy of chronic pain, I agree, it is something we have to come to terms with. If I was to truly be pain free, I would not be able to function. I have a business to run, and meetings to go to, so I try to get my pain to the point where it is somewhat tolerable. You nailed it with my doctor. I do think if I had a really thorough conversation with him, he would be compassionate, or at least I hope so. I had asked him to change a supplementary medication to a stronger type, and he said that he was uncomfortable adding another controlled substance to my profile, so I know that’s on his mind. I didn’t press it, because I figured I would save that type of conversation for when it was a critical time. I know he actually feels bad with the forced taper, but I cannot fault him, because of the intense pressure they all face. If push came to shove, I don’t think he would totally stiff me, but I don’t think I could play that card more than once, so I’m holding out.

Thank you for asking about how the forced taper was going. That is the best part of this forum. The members actually give a sh1t about each other. That is the part of this place that some people just don’t get. Same to everyone else on here, and you all know who you are!
    Helpful Roz, El Grandote Rated helpful
    Likes jakemoe, Doc Rogue, jaders, ludwig1961 liked this post
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

4. What frustrates me is most of the opiod deaths are not from prescribed meds but from Chinese fentanyl, yet all opiates are suddenly the devil. When i go to the pharmacy with my rx, the scrutiny angers me to no end, and the pharmacist will use any excuse not to fill, or to delay the refill until the next day because my insurance says it's too soon. I have even said I will pay out of pocket and been handed some other nonsense excuse. Could I get along with fewer pills? Maybe, but why should I have to?
    Helpful El Grandote Rated helpful
    Likes jaders, M77, jakemoe, ludwig1961, SoTired, Roz liked this post

Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    Actually yes I meant in place of not with; too sedating. My wife was mandarin so we always went to her doctor and they weren't as paranoid as the American doctors they spoke Mandarin and we get the family size for cough medicine. Promethazine sp? Cough syrup w codeine. 16 oz w 1 refill; good 4 pain emergencies but helped for flu also.
    Helpful M77 Rated helpful
    Likes jaders liked this post

Actually yes I meant in place of not with; too sedating. My wife was mandarin so we always went to her doctor and they weren't as paranoid as the American doctors they spoke Mandarin and we get the family size for cough medicine. Promethazine sp? Cough syrup w codeine. 16 oz w 1 refill; good 4 pain emergencies but helped for flu also.
    @Roz
    Before all the sh1t hit the fan, my GP would give me Hycodan syrup. It was very similar to the syrup you mentioned. That stuff is all taboo, because the of all the rappers drinking “Lean, and Sizzurp,” for street cred. If they didn’t brag about it, and rap about abusing it, it would still be available. Now it’s on the sh1tlist.
    Likes Roz, El Grandote liked this post
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    @M77 rappers on syrup. Too funny; what next? for me I don't experience pain it's more of a discomfort. like a hunger pain. However I used to get these leg cramps back my leg with excruciating pain in the middle of the night. That was bad. Had gout too. To be honest I did get a good buzz from the Vicodin Percodan but it was only for a week and I knew I didn't want to take them longer than that anyway there's no point; lose your license lose your job and God knows what else your life probably. Buzz is nice but not worth all that hassle.
    Likes M77 liked this post

@M77 rappers on syrup. Too funny; what next? for me I don't experience pain it's more of a discomfort. like a hunger pain. However I used to get these leg cramps back my leg with excruciating pain in the middle of the night. That was bad. Had gout too. To be honest I did get a good buzz from the Vicodin Percodan but it was only for a week and I knew I didn't want to take them longer than that anyway there's no point; lose your license lose your job and God knows what else your life probably. Buzz is nice but not worth all that hassle.
    @Roz
    Thankfully, I couldn’t catch anything euphoric from anything. Actually, I probably could, if I used high, unsafe dosages, but I don’t have any interest in offing myself. My completely legitimate years on high doses of PK’s, have desensitized my receptors to the point that I am just happy to get some pain relief. My low doses now, barely keep my chronic pain at bay. Interestingly, the syrup I mentioned, had an anti abuse medication added to it. The point was if you took too much, it would cause all sorts of miserable side effects. I’m lucky that I never was chasing a high, and was happy to have the stuff around, for flu and colds. For whatever reason, I was completely immune to the anti abuse additive. Not that I ever chugged a whole 480 ml plastic bottle, but I did read up on the additive, and how much was in each teaspoon of the syrup. I was curious to see how nasty it was, and did take enough that I should have had the negative reaction. I think it was supposed to cause nausea, jitters, irritability, etc. Never felt a thing, LOL. So if I was so inclined, I could have taken as much as I wanted, but as I mentioned, I would have rather had it in hand for its legitimate use.
    Helpful Roz Rated helpful

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456