Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Medical Advice (including covid19)

Default Medical Advice (including covid19)

I tried to set this thread up with the help of some of the other great medics on here, and with the help of the Mods. Sadly they either didn’t get the message or it fell on deaf ears.

As some of u will know I was a retired GP (MD) until this recent crisis when the begged all retired doctors to come back... In the UK at least.

But this thread isn’t exclusively about this new virus. I’m happy to answer all medical queries. As always, please seek a second opinion. So with that said....... fire away lol

Dobre
    Rom
    Helpful Seychelle, djrick, jaders, MRNUTTY Rated helpful
    Likes M77 liked this post

north19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to behold

Hi @Romanov thanks for offering your medical help. I am a 50-year-old male with blood pressure usually around 138/92. I have a moderate amount of albumin in the urine. My doctor seems hesitant to prescribe blood pressure meds saying I am borderline. I have done a lot of reading and my niece is an internist in training(one year away from having her own practice) and she says if it were her should would use an ACE inhibitor-especially since albumin in urine and high albumin to creatinine ratio. I am exercising 5 times a week and eat clean so I don't know what else besides a medication will help. I am 6 foot 2 190lbs. I also have pre-diabetes. I would appreciate your opinion when you have time. Thank you.
    Helpful ludwig1961 Rated helpful
    Likes M77, Seychelle liked this post

Hi @north19 pleased to meet u. Firstly, this nights sound strange coming from a medic.... but is your mortgage paid off?

Secondly do u only ever get your BP measured at the surgery at fo u do it at home too?

Dobre
    Rom

Also I obviously meant to include... please PM. me if u don’t want to share symptoms with the community

Dobre
    Rom

north19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to behold

Hi @Romanov yes my mortgage is paid. I get measured at the doctor and at home. Thanks

Great @north19 this means if medication is required then your life insurance won’t sky rocket.

On average where do u get the higher readings? At home or at the surgery?

Dobre
    Rom
    Likes M77, MRNUTTY liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Romanov View Post
    Great @north19 this means if medication is required then your life insurance won’t sky rocket.

On average where do u get the higher readings? At home or at the surgery?

Dobre
    Rom
    They are usually pretty well the same at home or doctors office. My life insurance is locked in so it would not go up-I called nd asked a few months ago. Maybe different here in Canada. I really appreciate your help

@Romanov
    That is excellent advice regarding insurance. I went on a medication, that was my idea, and I shot myself in the foot with Life Insurance. I had a large Term policy, which I got when I was young. I knew Term was risky, but I added an extra 10 years, and it was convertible to Full, or Variable Life. Long story short, one medication, that I suggested to my doctor, ended up screwing everything up, and had I known, I could have converted the policy before, or just gotten a new policy. Now I am screwed! But such is life. No pun intended.
    Helpful Blackbird123 Rated helpful
    Likes MRNUTTY liked this post
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

Your diastolic and systolic numbers, arnt anything to worry about.,Doctors r obsessed with txt books, especially US docs. 120/80 is the mean from a very small meta study, I won’t bore u with th details. If u have family history of cardiovascular problems. Then I personally would prescribe a low dose med. Certainly not an ACE inhibitor at this stage. I’d go with a calcium channel blocker, 5mg of lacidipine or amlodipine. I have a feeling u have what we call “white coat syndrome”. That’s where your blood pressure spikes through the anxiety of having it taken. Buy yourself o good quality BP measuring machine, and tell the doc you’ll email your numbers on a regular basis. I hope this helps

Dobre Rom
    Helpful north19, calgal99, Seychelle Rated helpful

Seychelle will become famous soon enoughSeychelle will become famous soon enough

I tried to set this thread up with the help of some of the other great medics on here, and with the help of the Mods. Sadly they either didn’t get the message or it fell on deaf ears.

As some of u will know I was a retired GP (MD) until this recent crisis when the begged all retired doctors to come back... In the UK at least.

But this thread isn’t exclusively about this new virus. I’m happy to answer all medical queries. As always, please seek a second opinion. So with that said....... fire away lol

Dobre
    Rom
    @Romanov, Hello
    Just posted similar few minutes ago, absolute talent on this forum, why not group together , organize, create dediacted thread to address front line members in the biz
    Helpful Romanov, jaders Rated helpful

Your diastolic and systolic numbers, arnt anything to worry about.,Doctors r obsessed with txt books, especially US docs. 120/80 is the mean from a very small meta study, I won’t bore u with th details. If u have family history of cardiovascular problems. Then I personally would prescribe a low dose med. Certainly not an ACE inhibitor at this stage. I’d go with a calcium channel blocker, 5mg of lacidipine or amlodipine. I have a feeling u have what we call “white coat syndrome”. That’s where your blood pressure spikes through the anxiety of having it taken. Buy yourself o good quality BP measuring machine, and tell the doc you’ll email your numbers on a regular basis. I hope this helps

Dobre Rom
    Thank you so much for your expretise I really appreciate it. I will talk to my doctor and ask what he thinks about that medication. Very nice of you to help!!

MRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond repute
    MRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond repute
    @Romanov, hey doc. Any truth to the blood type, and vitamin regime going around for covid? In the US there's so much propoganda floating around.
    Helpful M77 Rated helpful
    Likes teresita liked this post
    BLUEWAVE2020! Beware the Dunning-Kruger Administration.

calgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond repute
    calgal99 has a reputation beyond repute
    @Romanov, do you have any contacts in/around Russia who are able to get any valid info out of that country? All I can see is an occasional Al-Jaz report, or something less than reliable on social... I'm really curious what's really going on there, the reported data does not seem remotely plausible, unless the gov't is gathering up all suspected cases and "getting rid of them" if you get my drift.
    Likes Mrs Parker liked this post

Hi @MRNUTTY sorry for the late reply, not heard anything on vitamin therapy however there does seem to be some hope out of John Hopkins using a mixture of hydroxycloroquine and azyromiacin. So for tests r 100% effective and I can see the FDA rushing this through very soon.

Dobre
    Rom
    Helpful MRNUTTY, Blackbird123 Rated helpful

Hi @calgal99 I still have many friends in Lithuania. Russia, being so close to China and with an “authoritarian parliament” moved quickly to lock down the big cities, with force to be used if needed. This is extreme... this is Russia. It has proved extremely effective in flattening the curve, unlike New York, which now looks like the epicentre of the disease. Make no mistake this is just the start, we have I estimate 6/7 more weeks of lockdown depending where u live. Then who knows how long to get business up and running again.

Dobre
    Rom
    Helpful djrick Rated helpful

I would agree that the US needs more stringent lockdowns but our current administration or more specifically our president is only worried about how this effects “his economy, the biggest best economy” note the sarcasm here. And the lockdown needs to be for about 8 weeks, hopefully our state governors have more sense and will do the right thing to protect the health of their citizens.

Hi @tedh. Yes 8 weeks preferably starting 2 weeks ago would have got the US well ahead of the virus. I’m Russian but a UK resident as u know. The way Russia handled it has been best so far, but not every country is equipped or self reliant enough to do that. Ive recently cane out of retirement to answer the desperate call from the British NHS for more doctors and nurses. I must say, on the whole, Britain has been slow to act but has now acted hard and decisively and r seeing some results.

Speaking as a doctor (so we’ll out of my field of expertise) the effect of this virus will be felt in a small percentage medically. Yeah a lot of people will die from it and that is tragic beyond words. The biggest percentage of this virus will be felt once almost everyone is well again. They go back to work, they open their spreadsheet..... there is no money. The economic shock from this virus will be so vast and profound, that it will make 2008 look like a tea party and that’s what really scares me

Dobre
    Rom

Hi folks thought I’d give u the latest data from this side of the pond.

So 80% of people infected r either asymptomatic of display mild flu like symptoms.

They other 20% who have compromised immune systems have obviously more severe to fatal symptoms.

The British government on the 22/3/20 downgraded the virus to a highly infectious disease to a moderately infectious disease.

I’m a GP. Any death is a tragedy, but this on the face of it seems like massive overreaction by government the economic crash will be the legacy of this virus, not the health effects

Dobre
    Rom
    Helpful teresita Rated helpful

Just to let u all know, since coming out of retirement for the NHS and completing my 2 week refresher course. I do have a standardised symptom checklist for anyone worried they might have covid19

Stay safe
    Dobre
    Rom

- - - Updated - - -

Also DM me if u don’t want any sensitive info out there among us

Dobre
    Rom
    Helpful MRNUTTY Rated helpful

I’m by no means a conspiracy theorist, I’ve seen it all in Russia. But I’ve now Ben sequestered to 5 UK hospitals that I won’t name, whose covid19 wards arnt even 1/5 full. Somthing isn’t adding up. Medics must start reporting, anonymously if that’s what it takes

Dobre
    Rom
    Helpful GreenThumb Rated helpful

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast