Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thought I'd found a reliable vendor, now not so sure. Please help!

1. [QUOTE=emmarr;859787]Hi everyone. Really sorry if I shouldn't be posting this here or even posting it at all until I get senior status, but here goes. I'll try my best not to name anything I shouldn't.

So, because I don't yet have senior status, I looked at the alphabetised list of sources discussed only in the senior area. I realise that some of these sources are good, some bad. I took a risk and ordered some zopiclone off one of these listed sites back in January. Thankfully, they arrived, despite a very long wait of about 3 or more weeks. I ordered again in February. Now, I got all the usual confirmation emails, even one saying they had been dispatched on Feb 17th. Yet they STILL haven't arrived. The shipping number doesn't work.

Does this mean I've been duped? Or could it be something else - namely customs, and I just have to be patient or ask for a refund (or second free delivery, as they apparently offer that)?

Getting worried now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, although I know it's tricky for you guys to do that when I haven't named the site and you're not allowed to name them either. Thank you so much anyway x

P.S. The site begins with p, and has three letters then a digit at the start of its name. If this last part needs deleting please do so. What the hell, the whole thing might end up getting deleted!

- - - Updated - - -

I've had something similar happen when they were unable to ship for whatever reason. At least that is what I was told.
    Likes M77 liked this post

2. @M77 Thank you! When I let myself feel it, I’m definitely scared, but I also know it’s the best route for me. I’ve been prescribed opioids for a variety of reasons over the years. Mostly related to pain caused by migraines, sinus issues, and chronic back pain. My PCP knew me long enough and well enough to not hesitate when I was in need. That has changed dramatically in recent years as they’ve tightened the reins on general practitioners where I am. And while my pain is chronic, it’s also intermittent. Meaning, I could have six good months, then go through six that are just miserable. Where I live, that basically disqualified me from pain management (Without jumping through a lot of ridiculous hoops each time...like expensive PT I know doesn’t work for me). Apparently my pain isn’t severe enough or chronic enough. So, I’ve invested a lot of time into learning other ways to cope with it. I’m now at a point where I can manage the bulk of it without RX meds. It’s not always ideal, and it takes more time to get relief, but it’s doable.

Now I’ve just got to wean and cope with the symptoms as they rear their ugly head. If I’m totally honest, I told myself a while back when the source I was using dried up, I was getting off the tram train. Why? Because I know will power is a battle I fight within myself. As long as I had an easy, reliable source, I could wean down...but not quit entirely. Now, that source is gone and I feel like I should take it as my “sign” it’s time. I need to be healthier, I’m not getting any younger, and I want to be around a lot longer for my kids. There are just a lot of “stars aligned” right now screaming at me that it’s time. This entire industry has gotten so politicized...I only see it getting worse from here, not better. So, here I am. I fully expect y’all will see a post from me at some point along the lines of “this sucks and what was I thinking!”, but I’m determined! Having people here who understand what I’m going through is definitely helpful psychologically. And that’s always the hardest part for me.
    Likes M77, blueroan17 liked this post

3. @jaders I’ve had very similar thoughts to what you say here. Do I realize there are communities where abusing RX opioids really is an issue? Yes. But this across the board approach isn’t helping anyone. It’s just made it more difficult for people who really do need pain management. My poor parents are both in pain management (my mom has had a ridiculous number of spinal fusions...with very little success). They get treated like criminals and it makes me so angry. These are disabled people in their 70s. My mom doesn’t really have “good days” anymore, but a couple years back she used to occasionally have stretches of a week or so where she didn’t need her RX meds. She got called in for a random drug test and almost lost her place with her doctor because she was CLEAN. I get there is a concern about selling meds...but seriously? She’s has been with this doctor for over a decade. The state of the entire industry is just shameful.
    Likes M77, ludwig1961, jaders, calgal99 liked this post

4. What you’ve said here about the risk of getting fakes is one of my main reasons for making the decision to try and “get out” now. I know with trams, it’s less likely than with some of the pricier meds, but I also don’t want to pretend that it can’t happen. The problems that have been created by the “War on Drugs” are much farther reaching than the average person is aware of. Those of us here see it more up front and in our faces on a regular basis.
    Likes M77, blueroan17 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by creewillow View Post
    @jaders I’ve had very similar thoughts to what you say here. Do I realize there are communities where abusing RX opioids really is an issue? Yes. But this across the board approach isn’t helping anyone. It’s just made it more difficult for people who really do need pain management. My poor parents are both in pain management (my mom has had a ridiculous number of spinal fusions...with very little success). They get treated like criminals and it makes me so angry. These are disabled people in their 70s. My mom doesn’t really have “good days” anymore, but a couple years back she used to occasionally have stretches of a week or so where she didn’t need her RX meds. She got called in for a random drug test and almost lost her place with her doctor because she was CLEAN. I get there is a concern about selling meds...but seriously? She’s has been with this doctor for over a decade. The state of the entire industry is just shameful.
    @creewillow
    I dealt with the same thing you mentioned, with the former pain management doctor I had. I was tested almost every other appointment, for what I originally assumed was only for other non-prescription meds. I was even tested for alcohol use, not abuse, just use. I’m not stupid enough to go out drinking, and take my pain medication too. But this doctor was also making sure I had the appropriate level of medication in my system, to prove that I wasn’t selling the meds for profit. I am not crazy enough to risk my freedom by selling anything illegal, and I am glad I got the meds I was getting. I was warned, if I ever tested negative for my meds, I was out. They can tell exactly what amount you should have in your system, if you use the meds as prescribed. I posted recently, in another thread, why I changed to another pain practice. I am lucky that this doctor really cares, but with all the pressure, as I mentioned, I am on a slow taper. I know I can stop the PK’s, although I will have to deal with the pain, and that scares me more than withdrawal. On the other hand, my other medication is something that I might survive WD, but I don’t think I can actually survive without it at all.

I commend you for trying to stop. Just take care of yourself, and do it safely. If you mess up, don’t be hard on yourself, you are human. If these things were easy to kick, there would be no prohibition. I have mentioned this before, but the way medications are classified for scheduling, or even rescheduling, is so crazy, it sounds fake, but I assure everyone that it is true. They take people that have a proclivity to addiction, and use them as guinea pigs! They actually conduct tests, with paid volunteers, and then ask them how much they like the substance they are testing. They ask about euphoria, and if they would want to continue using it, if they could. This is a simplification of the process, but the point is obvious. All they care about is how much people like the medication, which is unknown to the subjects. The reason for scheduling has NOTHING to do with safety, which would be the most obvious thing to assume. But that’s not it. All they care about is “diversion.” As in the chances it could be illegally sold, to others. I know this sounds crazy, but it’s not, and you can find all of this on the web. Ever notice how some substances are scheduled lower, if they have acetaminophen in them, as opposed to the substance alone. The best example is codeine. It is over the counter, in most of the world, but in the states, it is low scheduled with Tylenol, a/k/a APAP, or acetaminophen. Why? Because if you take to much APAP, you blow out your kidneys! They would rather kill you, then give you access to the substance that is safer. Only because it is less likely to be diverted!
    Helpful El Grandote, blueroan17, jaders Rated helpful
    Likes creewillow, sillypuppiez liked this post
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

6. @M77 It doesn’t sound crazy to me. I work for a medical practice. We had a conversation a couple weeks ago in my office about some clinical research studies that appeared to have very little value on the surface - at least not for the conditions they were supposed to be treating. The conversation stemmed from a research report we were discussing, which included a couple study questionnaires. The survey questions seemed so off-base for what the study was supposed to be about. Our practice admin (who I think is a brilliant human being) brought up exactly what you’ve said. Learning that type of stuff, along with what I’ve learned from my own role (which is firmly in the business side of the practice), has definitely opened my eyes to just how much of a business “medicine” actually is.

Thank you for your kind words. I’m gonna do my best to not mess this attempt up. It’s one of the reasons I’m intentionally staying away from searching out a new source. I do know I’m only human and I could fail, but I’m trying to set myself up for success as much as I can. I think this time around I’ve done a good job of getting my ducks in a row. I’ve had it in my head that I would start a more serious taper today. Tonight I realized, without it really being my intention, over the last week I had actually cut my dose down over 50%. With the holidays, time off from work, etc., my normal schedule when out the window and with it, my normal med schedule. For some other meds I take, that’s a bad thing (like when I woke up this morning stuffy and miserable because I forgot my allergy meds last night), but I’m this one case, it’s put me ahead of the game. Of course, it’s really only helping me through the part I already knew would be easier...but I’m still counting it as a small win.
    Likes M77, jaders liked this post

jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by M77 View Post
    @jaders
    This is what happens when politics and medical care get intertwined. They are literally scaring doctors under duress of losing their licenses. If I spent all those years, and money, going to medical school, I would not dream of losing my license. So, the people with legitimate issues suffer for the past sins of big pharma, which was regulated by the same people screaming about the “crisis.” Maybe just the people that became billionaires, legally pushing Oxy, should be banned from pk’s. Oh wait, they are all cashing in on selling Norcan.
    Well, I think politics and medical care will always have to be intertwined somewhat, as greed is rampant everywhere and the American citizen will always need to have some leverage against the greed, especially in a field that ALL of us will need to use at some point. However, I am a complete libertarian when it comes to being able to make my own decision what I choose to ingest. If I have that right, then I also have that responsibility and no doctor need ever worry about being blamed for "pushing" anything. NO doctor EVER prescribed a pain medication in an amount that would kill someone. It's called "user error." It's up to me. Doctors can and SHOULD recommend what I need, but the bottom line is still up to me.

I'm totally blown away that they just raised the legal age limit on smoking. FFS!!! You can go die in a war for the greedy oil companies (oh I meant the government,) but you can't smoke a cigarette?

I just still don't understand why we (our government) trusts folks to make these decisions in SOME areas, but not others. You can also kill yourself just as easily with alcohol and terrible food.
    Helpful M77 Rated helpful
    Likes 10 years after, surten liked this post
    The cause of all suffering is attachment...

@jaders
    I feel the same way about our choices, and completely agree about the absolute immoral hypocrisy of the “nanny state” taking away the right to smoke, but no problem being shipped off to the Mid-East, or wherever the neocons want to profit off of the military industrial complex.

The last thing I would ever do is stick up for the doctor that made me feel like a criminal, but we do live in such a litigious society, that I have read about people suing a doctor, for taking a med (that is dosed absolutely properly), and having their kid, spouse, sibling, etc. mix it with other meds and alcohol, and destroying the doctor’s practice. Even if the case had no merits, malpractice insurance requires a doctor to pay a huge deductible up front, and then they jack the premiums to a point where some may fold their practice.

I posted this on the forum, a while ago, but a long time ago, I worked at a hospital. One of the doctors I was friends with, showed me a list of malpractice insurance premiums. Way back then, it was $10,000 a year for a general practitioner, and all the way up to neurosurgeon, which was over $100,000. This was so long ago, that it has to be $50,000 to $500,000 now, at least.

We will never get full reform on frivolous lawsuits, as we all know, most if our elected politicians are also lawyers. Of course it would be simple to implement “the loser pays the court costs for the winner,” like they have in Europe, but not going to happen in the states.
    Likes jaders liked this post
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

One doctor I was seeing for awhile suddenly, and without warning, at one visit chewed me up one side and down the other. I could not figure out what happened but his basic message was that someone sued him so now he actually blamed me for even making an appointment for refills on meds he had been recommending for me for over a year. Unbelievable.
    Helpful jaders Rated helpful
    Likes 10 years after liked this post

blueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by jaders View Post
    This is SO sad... I had a friend who actually TOOK in a printout of the CDC saying they NEVER MEANT pain patients to be forcibly tapered, and they stopped tapering this woman. What really amazes me is that I know SO MANY folks who are out and out alcoholics, one who died recently. I do not know of ONE person who has died of an RX drug. I know there are many heroin addicts dying, but what does that have to do with pain meds and pain patients?

It's so incredibly frustrating to read these stories about doctors denying patients. I feel like I'm engaging in "civil disobedience" by using IOP's myself...
    You’re right @jaders and the reason you don’t know anyone who’s died from an RX Med is not just an anecdotal thing. As usual I have not noted my source—I promise I’m gonna start taking screenshots since I can’t seem to bring myself to write down information (and I sure can’t remember ANYthing!!) But according to the CDC’s own numbers NO overdose death can be attributed to a single med taken as directed. EVERY case involving a prescribed medication has involved “pilot error”, whether accidental or on purpose, and involved a cocktail of drugs (prescribed or otherwise) and/or alcohol. Every single one. But that’s a boring fact that rarely if ever makes it into the hysterical narrative.
    Last edited by blueroan17; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:49 PM.
    Helpful creewillow Rated helpful
    Likes jaders, sillypuppiez liked this post

11. @blueroan17 - I know it’s self-serving of me to say this, but I’m glad to read Im not the only one who thinks this way and sees this. It kinda makes me feel like an a$$ when I catch myself wondering how much of a problem there really was before the laws strangling pks as medicine went into effect. To me, it really does seem they’ve done more harm than good. Then, I second guess myself and wonder if I’m just viewing the situation from my own little bubble.
    Likes blueroan17 liked this post

jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by creewillow View Post
    @blueroan17 - I know it’s self-serving of me to say this, but I’m glad to read Im not the only one who thinks this way and sees this. It kinda makes me feel like an a$$ when I catch myself wondering how much of a problem there really was before the laws strangling pks as medicine went into effect. To me, it really does seem they’ve done more harm than good. Then, I second guess myself and wonder if I’m just viewing the situation from my own little bubble.
    Personally, I think heroin use is what has skyrocketed to cause all the deaths, altho I guess in certain areas (especially coal miner land) oxycontin WAS pushed because so many folks ARE sick and dying from coal industry-related problems and instead of good medical care, they were just giving the patients a lot of pain meds. There's also this "meme" that the heroin users mostly start by taking a prescription drug. Yes, and every single alcoholic started with "one drink." No one, including the person who ends up going to heroin, knows who is going to go from rx pain meds to heroin. Still, I see a much greater ACCEPTANCE of heroin use than there ever was in my day. It seems to be taken so casually anymore, and, again just my opinion, but if I thought of anything that has caused the "opiate crisis," it would be this casual acceptance of heroin use. And, sadly, that heroin has become so acceptable, everyone else who wants or needs a reasonable dose of opiates has been severely restricted or cut off completely and of course, we're just going to have a MUCH LARGER illegal trade in opiates. The wisdom (and lack thereof) of humans truly never ceases to amaze me...
    Helpful Binky, ludwig1961, creewillow Rated helpful
    Likes surten, candygram liked this post
    The cause of all suffering is attachment...

sillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to behold

Hi there!

I just wanted to say that years ago when I had a completely different life, was spending crazy amounts of time & money seeing all sorts of specialists, taking classes, paying for all kinds of therapies that my Then insurance didn't cover, like massage therapy, which was the ONLY thing that allowed me to have a for the most part normal life for well over a decade before I ever thought about taking meds for my pain...
    Anyhow, between my backgrounds in school & former careers plus all of this stuff I spent 20yrs or more doing, of the best specialists I saw, in various areas of medicine, science, etc., including 3 docs/surgeons who travel the globe lecturing, teaching other docs & are experts in neuroscience, pain management & addictions of every kind along w/a vast knowledge of all medicines & what NOT treating severe chronic pain does to the brain/body..
    I also took non stop ongoing education w/my former careers & all the volunteering I spent most my life doing... So much of medicine, pain, stress, mental health & pain issues are the same w/animals & people.. So I heard all sorts of things straight from the tote of the top experts mouths.....
    AND, bottom line was they ALL said the same thing which was pretty close to what you said... It would be very hard to OD on scripted drugs w/o the intermixing of other substances, alcohol being the biggest factor & stupid kids w/no tolly's taking high levels of everything... It was/is the combo that does it every time! They even admitted that when these stories hit the news by the sad angry families who've been brainwashed by the government *******s, that they leave out the "cocktail" portion of the equation & usually blame it all on the pain meds! I was shocked to hear these nationally known, 1 worldwide known docs telling it like it is! In fact it was thru 1 of them that I got in on the classes about the brain, all kinds of addictions, all kinds of substances & what not treating the pain actually does... I saw the MRI's of every kind of addict from coffee, to cigs, to alcohol, to scripted meds, to street drugs, gambling, sex addiction & any possible thing someone could get addicted to. PLUS what happens to the brain, spinalchord, organs when pain &/or mental health issues are not treated! They proved thru 20yrs of these studies that most addicts self medicate w/whatever, is because of an underlying mental health or major life stress issues has caused or that they were born with & once they figured out what the true affliction was, properly treated it, the addicts stayed clean 99% of the time w/no relapse!... This class was over 12yrs ago too! This is why I am amazed they STILL haven't come forth w/all this proof of the truth! There's tons of it!.... I know, $$$ & fueling their own career agendas, etc....

Anyhow, It was 1 of the most interesting classes I've ever taken!
    In taking classes on the brain & having several differnt types of docs & specialists telling me I'm destroying my body by playing brake soldier, not treating my pain properly, they have decades of proof via MRI's, autopsies & other studies that not treating severe chronic 24-7 pain does much more harm to your brain & body than taking pain relievers!
    They've known for how long now? That ALCOHOL is by far 1 of the most damaging substances to the brain & body, but so what.. it's shoved in all our faces EVERYWHERE!
    I WISH I liked it even a little bit... I never acquired a taste for it, it makes me feel like crap to where I can't sleep & it ramps my pain up! Hell, of it helped me at all, it would be SO much cheaper for me if it did help me in any way & I would be spared the ******* docs now, our shit government & the continual stress of trying to find a reliable vendor for the 1 product I desperately need but have had the WORST time ever finding a constant reliable over this past year or so!

I wish they would tell the whole truth about addiction, about all meds, show the real truth about why addicts or kids poor choices end up dying, what NOT treating severe chronic pain does to the brain/body AND stop vilifying the meds, pain patients, even the addicts! They're telling half truths, outright lies & leaving out SO MUCH real truth about all of this! It's sick!

Sorry for the rant... this stuff just irks me to know end for so many differnt reasons & it's just not the truth!

Hope y'all had a great holiday season & are enjoying the New Year!
    SP

Quote Originally Posted by blueroan17 View Post
    You’re right @jaders and the reason you don’t know anyone who’s died from an RX Med is not just an anecdotal thing. As usual I have not noted my source—I promise I’m gonna start taking screenshots since I can’t seem to bring myself to write down information (and I sure can’t remember ANYthing!!) But according to the CDC’s own numbers NO overdose death can be attributed to a single med taken as directed. EVERY case involving a prescribed medication has involved “pilot error”, whether accidental or on purpose, and involved a cocktail of drugs (prescribed or otherwise) and/or alcohol. Every single one. But that’s a boring fact that rarely if ever makes it into the hysterical narrative.
    Helpful north19 Rated helpful
    Likes jaders, creewillow, snappy711 liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123