Thread: Amazon and online pharmacies

Default Amazon and online pharmacies

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/28/amaz...-pillpack.html or https://www.reuters.com/article/us-p...-idUSKBN1JO1RU

What's next ... that giant moving into every business. I'm pretty sure they won't like 'our' IOPs, that's competition.
    Likes Captain Planet, infamousryan liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
  3. And so it begins...
    Likes Brax liked this post

4. Why am I not surprised..it was only a matter of time really. Every means of sale is going to be used..nothing is safe. lol. What get's me is people are rather successful from posting on amazon or FB. Seems like too much of a risk, IMO.

MRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond repute
    MRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond repute
    There have been online mail order pharmacies for non-controverial meds for years; HBP, Cholsterol, dermotology... etc. The issue with them is that is something goes wrong, the delay in getting medication can be unacceptable. I prefer to be able to go to my local pharmacy and get immediate answers why there ar problem with insurance or filling scripts do to procedure or backlog. I will not abuse myself by getting on the phone and wrestling with voice menus and endless call backs if I don’t have too.

I don’t see amazon making a dent in this business with their ‘one-size-fits-all’ business model.
    Likes Brax, slick76, sillypuppiez liked this post
    Everything he says is a lie.

Amazon is trying however it wont succeed at all because:

1) Its well known that without prescription no one is going to provide med however we are still getting. IF we are speaking about Amazon they never going to do that.
    2) Ebay is also into this business since long however due to lots of restrictions its a big big faliure over there. So my dear Amazon examples already set in past look for it.
    3) Its not easy to follow FDA policies so in any case Amazon some how manage to land however they will have very limited set of meds.
    4) Price, as per other IOP Amazon wont able to match the price as Genric wont be allowed on Amazon.

Hence As per my understanding its going to be a FLOP SHOW....
    Helpful Farquhar001 Rated helpful
    Likes sillypuppiez liked this post

Interesting to see what happens as Amazon dip the prescription world
    Money makes thing happen and Amazon has it
    Regards
    Likes heliarc liked this post

8. I wonder if this is why I have had a hard time finding “fish” antibiotics on Amazon. About a year ago I was able to get doxycycline amoxicillin and diflucan. Now it’s no longer available. I’ve seen amoxicillin but working a day it disappears. These are from other sellers and im guessing may be seen as too much competition with this new pill pack coming out.

Ringmaster has a spectacular aura aboutRingmaster has a spectacular aura aboutRingmaster has a spectacular aura aboutRingmaster has a spectacular aura aboutRingmaster has a spectacular aura aboutRingmaster has a spectacular aura about

So.. from a public health perspective, I think it’s completely irresponsible for Amazon to make medications, especially antibiotics, more readily available to a public who can barely understand the global ramifications of overusing antibiotics. On the whole, most people should not be allowed to self assess and procure antibiotics by Googling “where to buy amoxicillin online”. This is how antibiotic-resistant bacteria becomes a problem. This is also why having to jump through some hoops on this forum to gain access to the “good” sources is NECESSARY in my opinion.
    Helpful wildings Rated helpful
    Likes Denman liked this post

You know, I wouldn´t be suprised if they achieved some level of success. The founder of Amazon (and likely Amazon itself) is so rich they can practically afford to give people money when they deal with their customers. Part of Amazon´s success.

11. The things that you can now find on amazon are incredible. I have a friend who recently showed me that you can buy paraphanelia for some substances that are not legal on amazon and they even make suggestions on additional purchases that you might want to use with them like special lighters and lighter fluid. Ona funny note I have a friend who searched for sex toys on amazon and now he is getting ads for vibrators n google and amazon. It can be scary so it’s important to be careful when searching for something.
    Likes Blackbird123 liked this post

12. It is definitely NOT something I would ever use.

I'm actually not sure how it would interfere with online pharmacies and places like PR?

They seem to be very different and I doubt Amazon will deliver medications that do not expressly have a script.

Thank you.

Magically_delicious

13. I have no idea what this will mean for IOP, etc. But in general this is not surprising.To amazon there are competitive benefits. 20% of Target customers enter the store to go to Target Drugstore. Sure they buy other things as well. Those are items they could be buying on Amazon, etc. Plus amazon is making a push into Healthcare as well. Owning this part of the process could help with overall cost.

Amazon has very agressive expansionist policies. Likely, they will have some success. Often good products, but the way they treat their employees and destroy the competition...
    Likes sillypuppiez liked this post

sillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to behold

Hey all!

Anyone here actually sell items online for a living??
    I ask because there are soooo many restrictions on every platform. Amazon is 1 of the hardest. They did make it into the food market w/the WholeFoods merger & started allowing sellers the ability to start selling consumables which was huge for them because ALL their sellers were like "Cool! I'm going to design the best protein powder, health item ever & sell it everywhere!" Even tho they knew NOTHING about why certain ingredients don't work unless processed a certain way or that they really have no value at all.
    Unfortunately 2 areas the FDA does not pay enough attention to is the health/supplement/vitamin products & beauty products of all kinds industries. So they had hoards of sellers both experienced & new trying to break into new niches, selling their own special branded version of protein powder, vitamins, supplements, consumables of all kinds, which worked & made them (Amazon) tons more $$$ off all the sales made by the very successful sellers & $$ on the HUGE amounts of $ spent on the advertising all sellers buy, w/in Amazon to get your items placed higher on the lists. It's all very mind boggling.

BUT w/pharmaceuticals Amazons entire seller base are NOT licensed to sell pharmaceuticals so they won't make nearly as much from selling pharms themselves. Especially when places like Walmart Walgreens who are also trying to model Amazon online, already sell tons of lower tiered pharmaceuticals for $4!
    Unless Amazon has some amazing trick up their sleeves & have bought their way into this this "niche" I just don't see this being worth while for them, but I could be very wrong. Like I said all the platforms are different & Amazon is 1 of the hardest, they are really strict, they've implemented a bunch of things this past couple yrs further making things hard for sellers, especially the new sellers & if you don't know what your doing, don't do certain things that cost xtra $$, it's hard to beat out the mass seasoned sellers. Amazon is unlike ANY of all the other selling platforms out there. They all are different but Amazon is really different!

Also there are so many things you can't sell online w/o extensive licenses & meeting specific accreditations w/the FDA & more. Plus, ALL of the shipping companies have a long extensive lists of what you can/can't do as far as sending things thru the mail & specific paperwork has to be accurately filled out & attached to certain items. Then there's shipping over seas & all that this entails.

I know they ship & deliver so much themselves now w/their local drop box & brick-n-mortar locations but I just don't see the pharmaceutical thing happen for so many reasons & if it does, it's gonna be super mild things that you can get already by walking into any grocery or places like drugstore dot com, etc. maybe a few very light things. W/the way they have things set up, so much is actually done by robotics. I just can't see them selling hard core drugs of any kind per their platform & the HUGE risk they'd take on w/mistakes, theft & more.

W/that being said they are taking over everything so you can't 100% rule it out, on some level they may get away w/certain items. To get to the point where a customer w/a script can get ANYTHING their Doc scribes them....I dunno about that, so many variables involved.

Anyhow, it will be very interesting to see what does happen. Even if they are able to sell all pharmaceuticals, it's not going to be any time real soon, too much they have to get done 1st. A very interesting topic indeed!!

I will be watching this thread more regularly now, curious to hear what everyone finds out!

Take care everyone!
    SP

Grits_M is a name known to allGrits_M is a name known to allGrits_M is a name known to allGrits_M is a name known to allGrits_M is a name known to allGrits_M is a name known to allGrits_M is a name known to allGrits_M is a name known to allGrits_M is a name known to allGrits_M is a name known to allGrits_M is a name known to allGrits_M is a name known to all

Seems like Amazon is getting into about everything. I am waiting to buy a car with prime. LOL

17. Amazon and online pharmacies