Thread: Should PR username be given to online pharmacies?

Default Should PR username be given to online pharmacies?

Hi fellow PR's,

Should PR usernames be given to online pharmacies?

I have seen posts promoting this idea. I think it can easily open the door to selective scamming and loss of integrity and usefulness of PR reviews. It should be discouraged. I can see how easily someone desperate for their meds could become a shill.

I am sure this is not a new issue for PR.

Since the idea is floating around, maybe there are beneficial reasons for this that I am not aware of.

What are the pro and cons of giving PR usernames to online pharmacies?

What is the PR policy regarding this issue?
    Helpful Kerry, Admin Rated helpful

2. @pmpl , I can not think of any Pros to providing your PR username to an online pharmacies. You have pointed out some the Cons.

There is no rule prohibiting members from sharing their PR username with an online pharmacy. However, we strongly urge members not to do this for their own protection (e.g. maintain anonymity on PR).

There have been several discussions on this over the years. If I can find the threads, I'll post the links here.

Other PR members feel free to "jump in" with their thoughts and comments.

@Admin @tinmuning @Remi
    Helpful Admin, pmpl Rated helpful
    Likes Boxergirl, seashells liked this post

tinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond repute
    tinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond repute
    @Kerry
    Yes, there is no rule against members providing their PR username to online pharmacies.

Vendors may lure members into doing this by offering discounted rates, etc. in exchange to posting glowing reviews on PR. Moderators are aware of that and we are on the lookout for such posts. We won't hesitate banning members posting fake reviews and blacklisting the vendors involved. In the end, it's the member's loss. The vendor can easily move on to another forum and get gullible people to post fake reviews for them while the banned member would have a harder time trying to find a reputable forum to get honest feedback on buying meds online.
    Helpful pmpl, Remi Rated helpful
    Likes Admin, cherrybomb, seashells liked this post

calgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond repute

@pmpl, this is JMO, but I wouldn't give my PR user name to any vendor, even if they offered me a discount or other bennie to do so. The main value of this forum is the reputation of the members, and if we turn into a version of IOP (i.e. "pay to play") then I think this forum would rapidly degrade. I guess this is just another way of seconding the @tinmuning post above, but really, what true benefit are you getting, for giving up your ability to provide honest/unbiased/unsupervised feedback about a vendor?? If they are good, they are good, and they don't need to see you say it here (you can always tell them that off-forum, and many of them appreciate the feedback that way.) And if they aren't, you've risked your relationship with both the vendor and the community, if you report that honestly.

Of course, you need to do what you think is best, for you. Good luck!
    Helpful pmpl, blueroan17 Rated helpful
    Likes Admin, Kerry, pinkflower, seashells, Remi liked this post

Thanks for your responses!

I have always kept my words to a minimum when I make purchases. There is a place for complimenting a good sale but too many questions before the sale turns me off from wanting to do business.

For those thinking about shilling, I don't think the potential short term gain is worth the inevitable discovery, loss of membership, and disservice to forum members.

I never even mention that I am a member of any sort of an iop forum.
    Vendors should be happy to have new customers instead of playing a detective work. They mostly take WU/MG/BTC which is not refundable, so any buyer reference is pointless.
    Just my opinion.
    Helpful bluebell, pmpl Rated helpful
    Likes pinkflower, Kerry, cherrybomb, seashells, Remi liked this post

bluebell will become famous soon enoughbluebell will become famous soon enough

IMO I do not think the name connection should be made in giving names to venders.
    Likes pinkflower, Kerry, cherrybomb, seashells, Remi liked this post
    Have a nice day.

pinkflower is offline Banned Reason: Banned until Sept 27 for sending some unsolicited PMs
    pinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian254 View Post
    I never even mention that I am a member of any sort of an iop forum. Vendors should be happy to have new customers instead of playing a detective work.
    I never mention that I'm a member of a forum of this sort either @Adrian254. It's just never occurred to me to do it. I agree with your second sentence also.

I could have just quoted your post and said "ditto". lol
    Helpful Gullible Rated helpful
    Likes Adrian254, Kerry, cherrybomb, seashells, Remi liked this post

Mikedan is offline Banned Reason: Previously banned member Chris100
    Mikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to all

I don’t agree giving information out to the vendor if he or she asks. No reason why they need to know that kind of information. You place your order with them and that the end of it. If they are asking for other information, I would feel it’s suspicious so I would not do it.
    Likes Kerry, cherrybomb, seashells, Remi liked this post

petenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond repute
    petenyc has a reputation beyond repute
    Never would do it. As stated earlier it defeats the purpose of this board to be able to give honest feedback without any repercussions from a vendor. It's also inevitable or a matter of time that a person would be asked to become a "shill" for that vendor.

Just my opinion.
    Helpful Binky, Remi Rated helpful
    Likes Kerry, cherrybomb, seashells liked this post
    A well-developed sense of humor is the pole that adds balance to your steps as you walk the tightrope of life - Unknown

calgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, all, I've already noted my position, wrt tying my own username here to a specific vendor for their own benefit. On a few occasions, I have suggested that (a few, smaller) vendors come over here and browse the forum, and that if they want to, that they should contact @Admin if they wish to have some input into the forum. There is (I believe) a way for a vendor to do that, which doesn't violate any forum rules, or put any forum member's info at risk. But, again, we don't want to end up as (one of those) forums where the vendors try to bully us, or run the conversation in their respective thread. As we all pretty much know, there will usually be one or a few people who are dissatisfied with a particular vendor, for whatever reason, and I think it's only fair for the vendors to see that kind of feedback.... BUT not to start an argument with a customer in the vendor thread. My personal preference is to communicate directly with a vendor, if I have an issue, and only bring the results of that communication over here to this forum. But, that is just me.

Oh, well, sigh.

seashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond repute
    seashells has a reputation beyond repute
    I would nvr and no I do not think thats a wise descions. That can come back on you in serveral diffrent ways.
    Likes Kerry, cherrybomb, petenyc, Remi liked this post

13. This is an important question/topic with lots of great responses. Since I have seen this topic come up several times over the years in various places including vendor threads I have decided to make this a Sticky Thread. It is especially important for new members so hopefully they will see it and read it.
    @Admin @tinmuning @Remi
    Helpful Binky, Remi Rated helpful

cherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud of

Back in the day with DB forum one vendor discovered my username only because of my less than great post about them and they new it was me because of my less than stellar post about not getting anything, no reship, no LL etc. They posted my personal information in the forum which was taken down immediately but let me tell you--it was a battle. Do not tell these people your username, if you didn't receive don't post the items you bought unless through pm with someone you trust and don't give exact timeline (unless good review if that makes sense.)
    They can be relentless and are not friends, bad reviews they do see and will try to mess with you. This doesn't mean you shouldn't share your experience, that is why we are here and DB was a lot different than this forum--just be careful with how much info is shared either good or bad. Don't get me wrong, people should share the bad with the good just don't share exact information on the bad--just give your experience, not too many details but still share. We need this to help everyone out. Never stopped me from posted my experiences.
    xo
    Likes petenyc, seashells, tinmuning, Remi, calgal99 liked this post
    I'm alone, I'm not lonely

I would not do so, nor would I advise others to do so. And I would never reference anyone else by PR name (or post) either. This is a forum where we are (supposed to be) able to share information candidly, and if our PR names are floating around in the world then that would undermine candor. I don't care who the vendor is or how good the relationship, the opinions we share on this forum are not intended for the world at large, and I, for one, intend to keep it that way.
    Helpful Admin, cherrybomb Rated helpful
    Likes seashells, tinmuning, petenyc, Remi liked this post

16. This is very helpful @Kerry. Not only is it a bad idea to give out your name, I've seen some members post that vendors are their "friends". They are not. Keep your guard up at all times.
    Helpful Admin, cherrybomb, pmpl Rated helpful

Farley is offline Banned Reason: Previously banned user (Missmolly)
    Farley will become famous soon enoughFarley will become famous soon enough

What would be the point?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Remi View Post
    This is very helpful @Kerry. Not only is it a bad idea to give out your name, I've seen some members post that vendors are their "friends". They are not. Keep your guard up at all times.
    Yeah people get oddly attached and defensive over their vender. i

I see them as business people. I pay they deliver what I order and that is that . ALL venders should be held to scrutiny and account without any infighting between members here . I mean the clue is in the name pharmacy reviewer we review venders good and bad and those that change from reliable to scammers.
    Likes petenyc liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.