Page 106 of 107 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107 LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 2122

Thread: New requirements to access the Senior Members' area

1. Quote Originally Posted by Bella38 View Post
    Thank you for the explanation.. I figured out a few thingss.. For one I was not using the full version- desktop . I generally am on my phone when I log into forum. I am able to view my reputation points and I have 20 and 39 post. In switching over to the full version I am able to like , thumbs up etc...
    I had no idea all I had to do was switch my viewing.. lol I feel like an idiot now.. haha .. oh well live and learn!
    How does viewing and posting from your phone vs computer change your reputation points? I will go back and read the General forum guide page and read the "sticky post", but figured I'd ask here in case I don't fully understand... I don't know how to "book mark" a post, if that is even possible so I also want to be sure that I have the correct area to search! Thanks to everyone who has helped me with understanding how this all works! I'm so very grateful for all the help and support from you all in navigating!
    Likes turnery liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    New requirements to access the Senior Members' area
  3. I believe if someone is a healthcare professional that should count for a large amount of points. We have more advice to offer then regular folk that would be very helpful. I find a lot of advice by folk is plain wrong and that irritates me for people to get the wrong info about drugs and medical advice in general concerning the medical field and insurance field. I personally have been an RN for 38 yrs and worked all over this nation as well as did medicare auditing in hospitals that had lost their medicare funding. There is a lot of info to be learned.
    Helpful annalou Rated helpful

4. Switching to full desktop provides full view instead of mobile view that shows less. It's not that you have to switch. My phone limits me on what actions are available on mobile view.. as of reputation points you receive those from other viewers..

coachmcguirk has a spectacular aura aboutcoachmcguirk has a spectacular aura aboutcoachmcguirk has a spectacular aura aboutcoachmcguirk has a spectacular aura aboutcoachmcguirk has a spectacular aura aboutcoachmcguirk has a spectacular aura aboutcoachmcguirk has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Tace View Post
    I believe if someone is a healthcare professional that should count for a large amount of points. We have more advice to offer then regular folk that would be very helpful. I find a lot of advice by folk is plain wrong and that irritates me for people to get the wrong info about drugs and medical advice in general concerning the medical field and insurance field. I personally have been an RN for 38 yrs and worked all over this nation as well as did medicare auditing in hospitals that had lost their medicare funding. There is a lot of info to be learned.
    This is nothing against you personally, but as someone who has been unsuccessfully seeking pain relief for 15 years and has seen more doctors than most people who are 90, I would say those professionals with the extremely helpful advice are in the minority. I correct neuropharmacologists about meds the prescribe me, I find the only things that help are modalities that no doctor has ever mentioned, and where politics are concerned many medical professionals have an agenda a mile wide (which they refuse to admit is an agenda, rather than simply the only correct way to think). And these are the advanced ones who don't just read out of the PDR before they drive off to their golf game.

Medical professionals obviously have a great knowledge about health and attendant issues such as insurance, but I daresay that this is the type of forum where people end up when the establishment has failed them. I know there's a lot of people on here who simply shouldn't be giving advice, but I object to professionals being given special status on this forum, except perhaps confirmed ID? We have the rest of the world to be bludgeoned by popular medical opinion, it doesn't necessarily need to be emphasized here as well...
    Likes KarMar, Sly940 liked this post

6. Quote Originally Posted by drboris View Post
    Following a consultation with our existing Senior Members we have decided to tighten up the entry requirements to that area a little.....

From now on, you will need to have been a member here for at least 1 month, and have made at least 60 quality, informative forum posts before you can access the Senior Members' area. You will also need to receive a combination of helpful post ratings and 'like' ratings from other members to build up a reputation score of 30 minimum before you can access this area. So, in summary, until you have been a member of the forum for at least 1 month, have made at least 60 posts and have a reputation score of 30, you will not be able to access that area.

------------
    To get a reputation score of 30: When you join you start with a reputation score of 0. Each helpful rating you receive gives you 2 reputation points, and each 'like' rating one of your posts receives gives you 1 reputation point. So you could gain the required 30 reputation points from a combination of, for example, 10 helpful ratings and 10 likes received.

HOWEVER... We had to make a change recently so now not all 'like' and 'helpful' votes count. Some people give out dozens of these a day which we felt was devaluing the system so we made it so that only the first 5 like and helpful votes anyone gives each day result in the recipient's reputation score increasing. So in practice you will need to receive more than 10 helpful votes and 10 like votes to get the reputation score of 30.

Finding out your reputation score: If you have 2 green pips next to your username in posts then you have at least 25 reputation points. You can see your exact reputation score by going to the 'User CP' link and scrolling down to the bottom of the page. Beside the 'Latest Reputation Received' table it should tell you your total score. (You can't see other people's exact reputation scores but can get a good idea from their pips.)
    ------------

A note for anyone who has a high enough reputation score, has been registered here more than a month and is just about to hit 60 posts: the forum accounts are only upgraded (automatically by the forum software) once every hour, so you will have to wait up to an hour after hitting 60 posts to get access. Once you have access it will say "Senior Member", not just "Member" under your username in your posts, and the Senior Members' sub-forums will appear halfway down the forums home page.

------------

Anyone who can't get access to the restricted area but thinks they meet the new criteria please send me a PM.

I've noticed that certain members are honourable etc. What does that mean and how do you gain that status? Although I'm not too concerned, I was wondering about it because I've noticed that certain members with less points than me have an honourable status whilst my status is still senior.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganesh View Post
    I've noticed that certain members are honourable etc. What does that mean and how do you gain that status? Although I'm not too concerned, I was wondering about it because I've noticed that certain members with less points than me have an honourable status whilst my status is still senior.
    Ganesh, that label is based on the number of posts you have made, not your reputation score.
    Helpful Withnail, rais4, peppergirl Rated helpful

8. Thanks for clarifying that.

9. I doubt I'll make it.
    I lack consistency and commitment
    Likes snowy, sweetniko liked this post

Morals has much to be proud ofMorals has much to be proud ofMorals has much to be proud ofMorals has much to be proud ofMorals has much to be proud ofMorals has much to be proud ofMorals has much to be proud ofMorals has much to be proud ofMorals has much to be proud ofMorals has much to be proud ofMorals has much to be proud ofMorals has much to be proud ofMorals has much to be proud ofMorals has much to be proud ofMorals has much to be proud ofMorals has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Cbirkle68 View Post
    I doubt I'll make it.
    That’s the spirit!
    Helpful Cbirkle68 Rated helpful
    Likes Rylee, peppergirl liked this post

@Cbirkle68, @Morals,

Agreed !
    Helpful Cbirkle68 Rated helpful
    Likes Morals liked this post

12. Restrictions are necessary but nothing is foolproof. Everyone needs to be careful. Thanks for updating the requirements

Morals has much to be proud ofMorals has much to be proud ofMorals has much to be proud ofMorals has much to be proud ofMorals has much to be proud ofMorals has much to be proud ofMorals has much to be proud ofMorals has much to be proud ofMorals has much to be proud ofMorals has much to be proud ofMorals has much to be proud ofMorals has much to be proud ofMorals has much to be proud ofMorals has much to be proud ofMorals has much to be proud ofMorals has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Cbirkle68 View Post
    Restrictions are necessary but nothing is foolproof. Everyone needs to be careful. Thanks for updating the requirements
    It used to be a lot harder to become a senior member. Generally, people on this forum are pretty careful. And those who are not, learn their lessons pretty quickly.
    Likes cherrybomb liked this post

cherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud of

I agree, a few really reputable members were banned and at first i was shocked until i realized how they had try to scam people.

Thankfully the admins here and of course members --are on top of it so they get found out pretty quickly
    Likes snowy, peppergirl liked this post
    I'm alone, I'm not lonely

15. Quote Originally Posted by Cbirkle68 View Post
    I doubt I'll make it.
    I think i actually have a little green button next to my name! Does that mean i am a senior? If so- i never thought i would make it either. - well- actually i am searching to find out IF i am a senior....LOL.

EDIT- ok= I don't think I am bc in doing a search- i saw some threads that had a "Lock" on them- I suppose that means they are senior threads.
    OH well- maybe someday i will make it.
    EDIT:
    OK- i still don't know- the threads i saw were forum rules and they were "locked." so IDK. I will keep trecking on.....maybe i will make it- maybe not. Anyway- I do like this forum- so much better then IOP so i guess it doesn't really matter- but then- maybe it does.....LOL.
    EDIT AGAIN- I just noticed by reading this thread that people have "senior" or "distinguised" next to their name.
    I see no "senior" next to my name. So i have found my answer. Well- for a minute there I thought i WAS a senior...and kinda excited- LOL.
    Last edited by sweetniko; 11-25-2017 at 07:33 PM. Reason: added to message.
    Likes calgal99, Danie, mugsy123cb liked this post

calgal99 has much to be proud ofcalgal99 has much to be proud ofcalgal99 has much to be proud ofcalgal99 has much to be proud ofcalgal99 has much to be proud ofcalgal99 has much to be proud ofcalgal99 has much to be proud ofcalgal99 has much to be proud ofcalgal99 has much to be proud ofcalgal99 has much to be proud ofcalgal99 has much to be proud ofcalgal99 has much to be proud ofcalgal99 has much to be proud ofcalgal99 has much to be proud ofcalgal99 has much to be proud ofcalgal99 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by sweetniko View Post
    I think i actually have a little green button next to my name! Does that mean i am a senior? If so- i never thought i would make it either. - well- actually i am searching to find out IF i am a senior....LOL.

EDIT- ok= I don't think I am bc in doing a search- i saw some threads that had a "Lock" on them- I suppose that means they are senior threads.
    OH well- maybe someday i will make it.
    EDIT:
    OK- i still don't know- the threads i saw were forum rules and they were "locked." so IDK. I will keep trecking on.....maybe i will make it- maybe not. Anyway- I do like this forum- so much better then IOP so i guess it doesn't really matter- but then- maybe it does.....LOL.
    EDIT AGAIN- I just noticed by reading this thread that people have "senior" or "distinguised" next to their name.
    I see no "senior" next to my name. So i have found my answer. Well- for a minute there I thought i WAS a senior...and kinda excited- LOL.
    @sweetniko:
    1. the green "button" next to your name shows that you are "online" right now. It's not too useful for you, but it will also show green for any other member online at the same time you are. (If you hover your mouse/pointer over the button, it will giove you that message.)
    2. Also, I just gave you one "like" point, so that gives you 29 total "reputation" points. You need 30 total rep points (plus 30 days' membership plus 60+ posts, which you already have) to get "Senior" status.
    3. "Honorable," "Eminent," etc are just honorics you get, after you're a senior member, based on how many posts you make. Maybe someone else can tell you the exact # needed, I think I just recently received "Distingished" after 500 posts.

Good luck, keep reading!

Peace.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Karebear1163 View Post
    How does viewing and posting from your phone vs computer change your reputation points? I will go back and read the General forum guide page and read the "sticky post", but figured I'd ask here in case I don't fully understand... I don't know how to "book mark" a post, if that is even possible so I also want to be sure that I have the correct area to search! Thanks to everyone who has helped me with understanding how this all works! I'm so very grateful for all the help and support from you all in navigating!
    I am not sure if you ever got a definite answer @Karebear1163 but t is my understanding that there is no difference posting with a phone or a computer for the reputation points
    and as I have been reading the forum guidelines it seems that you do not have to bookmark a post but you can look it up in what you have posted.
    Is that right ?
    Pretty sure everything is there .
    There is a lot of things to read about on the forum functions. I keep going to them and leaving and coming back later to see more.
    Likes Karebear1163 liked this post

18. Quote Originally Posted by turnery View Post
    I am not sure if you ever got a definite answer @Karebear1163 but t is my understanding that there is no difference posting with a phone or a computer for the reputation points
    and as I have been reading the forum guidelines it seems that you do not have to bookmark a post but you can look it up in what you have posted.
    Is that right ?
    Pretty sure everything is there .
    There is a lot of things to read about on the forum functions. I keep going to them and leaving and coming back later to see more.
    You are correct. Where you click on your name it will tell you where you have been. Thank you for following up though! That was sweet!
    Likes turnery liked this post

cattyclaw will become famous soon enough

While it was not my first intention to become senior when I joined, I am now reviewing the STICKY to see what requirements are. With more and more mishaps and some stories I have read over past few months, I am now ready to try to fulfill requirements. Hope to see some of you on the other side. Thanks admins for posting this thread.

20. I should be at the requirement limit now, so I'm excited! I cant wait to see what is within the secret doors after all.

It's the small victories sometimes.

denman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Taizen1992 View Post
    I should be at the requirement limit now, so I'm excited! I cant wait to see what is within the secret doors after all.

It's the small victories sometimes.
    Actually it's much like when they look behind the curtain in The Wizard of Oz... No magical answers, no flying unicorns lol
    But plenty more threads with plenty of more reading for all. Congrats on senior status, enjoy your time here at PR!
    Helpful peteny Rated helpful
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses

22. New requirements to access the Senior Members' area
Page 106 of 107 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107 LastLast