Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114
Results 2,261 to 2,269 of 2269

Thread: New requirements to access the Senior Members' area

1. Quote Originally Posted by Polina View Post
    @BernardShakey No, its 60 posts AND 30 day minimum membership. Your post count indicates 58 posts, though, not 60, if you look under your join date, you will see the number of posts listed. Also, the posts. have to be 100 characters or more to qualify. I assume the system auto-calculates which posts are at that 100 character threshold and those that are not.
    Polina, that is strange. I checked last night, and my post count was at 60. Most if not all of my posts have been more than 100 characters, and all have been on relevant topics in the forum. I am on my phone right now. I guess I will look on the computer to see if it shows anything different. Thanks for your input.

- - - Updated - - -

@Polina, that is really strange. Last night I was at 60 posts, and as of my last post I am back down to 59. I don't know exactly how they determine what posts are included in your post count, but I guess I will be there soon enough. Hopefully by the end of the day today.
    Last edited by Bernard Shakey; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:00 PM.
    It doesn't mean that much to me to mean that much to you

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
  3. @bernardshakey My post count stayed static last night after a few posts and then started to climb again. Weird.

4. @Polina!

well i don't know what people are up to . i am just sharing my opinion normally. my mean is not to hurt anybody.
    sorry if i have mention something wrong. happy morning ahead to all.

5. Well, I will say I will be counting the days until i reach 30. I'm looking forward to the information available in the senior members' area. Considering how useful even the normal forum posts have been, I expect it will be very worth it!

By the way, thank you so much for building this community. I happened across the site by accident but am very glad I did!
    Likes Remi liked this post

6. I am glad that i checked this thread out. Even though I have senior status I still need to post at least once every 90 days, (I think its 90). It wouldn't be good to see my senior status lapse due to a post that is a few characters shy of 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Polina View Post
    "It seems unfair that my reputation is contingent on the feedback of others."
    But: that's exactly what "reputation" means In Real Life.

Per Merriam-Webster Dictionary (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/reputation, retrieved May 14, 2019 @ 7:40 AM CDT):

Reputation (noun)
    Overall quality or character as seen or judged by people in general
    Recognition by other people of some characteristic or ability

In purely-written-word media such as a forum like this, the only way to establish "reputation", in the literal sense, is for you to write something that is sufficiently worthy of written (or clicked) judgment or recognition by others.

To my way of thinking, this Forum uses a system that pretty reasonably captures the way things actually work. And, as Moderator Kerry said, it's the way it has always been (here).

8. @tycho You’re a little late to the party, as my question has already been answered. And anyway, you’re getting into semantics here. Based on your very own didactic cut and paste definition, it is entirely possible that a “reputation” score could be based on the quantity and quality of posts, rather than on a subjective measure of popularity. I’m relieved that when I’ve posed questions to other members here, their responses have lacked the patronizing and sanctimonious tone contained in yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Polina View Post
    @tycho You’re a little late to the party, as my question has already been answered. And anyway, you’re getting into semantics here. Based on your very own didactic cut and paste definition, it is entirely possible that a “reputation” score could be based on the quantity and quality of posts, rather than on a subjective measure of popularity. I’m relieved that when I’ve posed questions to other members here, their responses have lacked the patronizing and sanctimonious tone contained in yours.
    Nah, I wasn't being patronizing at all; nor judging. Merely reacting to your statement that your "reputation" being a function of other's feedback about you was "unfair." Sorry that got your nose so out of joint. Ironic...
    Last edited by tycho; 1 Week Ago at 04:59 PM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by tycho View Post
    Nah, I wasn't being patronizing at all; nor judging. Merely reacting to your statement that your "reputation" being a function of other's feedback about you was "unfair." Sorry that got your nose so out of joint. Ironic...
    Ha ha, the only thing ironic here is you claiming not to be patronizing and non-judgmental. Again, basis for reputation does not necessarily need to be on feedback of others, it could easily be quantified by number of posts and quality of posts based on objective factors such as character count. Moreover, I said it SEEMED unfair, not WAS unfair, which you misquoted me as saying (see above). And thankfully, many polite members responded to my post in a reassuring and inclusive manner rather than offering a hostile and condescending reply, and they even suggested ways to increase reputation score, such as creating an introduction post and so on. And if you were "merely reacting" to my statement, perhaps you should get your emotions in check considering the drama you created here
    over nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by tycho View Post

But: that's exactly what "reputation" means In Real Life.

Per Merriam-Webster Dictionary (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/reputation, retrieved May 14, 2019 @ 7:40 AM CDT):

Reputation (noun)
    Overall quality or character as seen or judged by people in general
    Recognition by other people of some characteristic or ability

In purely-written-word media such as a forum like this, the only way to establish "reputation", in the literal sense, is for you to write something that is sufficiently worthy of written (or clicked) judgment or recognition by others.

To my way of thinking, this Forum uses a system that pretty reasonably captures the way things actually work. And, as Moderator Kerry said, it's the way it has always been (here).
    Last edited by Polina; 6 Days Ago at 01:22 AM.

11. New requirements to access the Senior Members' area
Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114