Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is Propecia dangerous?

1. Default Is Propecia dangerous?

Is propecia dangerous? Are things you read that on the internet rumors? Do side effects fade if you stop using it. Some people on the internet say that, regardless to the official stats, side effects do not go away and stay forever T_T and these effect more then 1%.
    Are there any known long term side effects?

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    As you have probably seen, there are conflicting reports on the effectiveness and/or danger of using propecia. Propecia or finasteride was actually first prescribed for prostate problems, and not for male pattern hair loss. Fortunately, the ability of propecia to alter levels of testosterone in the blood for treatment of prostate was also found to be effective in stopping the progression of androgenetic alopecia, which is believed to be brought about by changes in hormones.

How it effects people depends on how their body takes it. Some use it without any side effect. Others may experience major side effects. Fertility and ED problems are the more common serious problems associated with propecia, but only affects about 2-3% of those taking propecia.

Since it deals with hormones, stopping its use can make the body revert back to its previous state, unless drastic changes were made or the medication resulted in a serious problem.

If you plan to take propecia, I suggest going first to a doctor to make sure that you need it, and if ever you do, what dosage. Not all hair loss can be treated. It is best to check with your doctor.

Hope this helps.

4. Propecia is not a cure for hair loss. It works only in the long term if it continues. If you stop taking Propecia, you risk losing all the hair you have received within 12 months after cessation of treatment.

5. While a relatively safe hair loss treatment minoxidil as welcome treat hair loss with finasteride may be effective but also dangerous. As you have probably noticed, there effectiveness and / or threat to use Propecia are conflicting reports. Propecia or finasteride for prostate problems actually already been fixed, and not for male pattern hair loss.

QVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant future

There is no evidence to suggest that propecia is at all dangerous. Sometimes the doctor will recommend a liver function test before starting because it could potentially be toxic to the liver, but my understanding is that is rare and therefore is almost never cause for not prescribing it. Likewise, minoxidil (or rogaine) is not at all dangerous so long as it is applied topically and not ingested (it's original purpose was as a vasodilator to control blood pressure---they noticed people regrowing hair who took it). If you want to check, the complete list of propecia's problems are listed on rxlist.com

A word of warning: propecia (finasteride) is a five-alpha reductase inhibitor, and blocks the dihydrotestosterone breakdown which causes the hair loss. Therefore it works on the anabolic pathway, and to pregnant mothers it presents a significant risk. Were a mother to ingest it, the fetus could develop abnormal external genitalia (bad). Therefore, women are warned to stay away from this drug, not to even touch it.

Because of it's potential action on the anabolic pathway, bodybuilders have theorized that anything which blocks testosterone in any form, even its breakdown, presents a threat to the anabolic pathway. Therefore, bodybuilders shun this drug and use Rogaine only. It is interesting though. Is it ignorance? Or just paranoia? I think their concern is that finasteride will block the effects of all the illegal steroids they're taking, is what's really going on. But interesting.
    Helpful middle_aged, Baeyer-Drewson Rated helpful

joeydixiedaisey will become famous soon enoughjoeydixiedaisey will become famous soon enough

I have been taking propecia for many years and have zero side effects. My doctor told me that if you have sexual side effects- they go away when you stop taking the medicine. I think It is a great medicine and my doctor thinks it may have some long term prostate benefits.

yea there was a study that said if you have thinning hair in your early 20's theres a higher chance of prostate cancer. avodart or finasteride are supposed to help both hair loss and your prostate

9. I had serious negative sexual side effects the took significant amount of time to go away. But alas I would still rather have hair.

Ex: bizarre ejaculation, ed, loss of libido, slight depression

jimmytalibs is offline Banned Reason: USAPILLS247 EVEPHARMACY INDIA-GENERICS MEDSTRUSTEDTABS RELIABLTABS RXDRUGWEB EUROTABS ACCESSRX MEDS-4- ALL 1000rx BESTBUYTABS and Ipharmguide owner - SHILL

most cases these drugs depend on person's problem. Like if you have genetic hair loss problem, you better not play with the propecia and rather go bald like Bieber

207514ec19a35c0c5e - Is Propecia dangerous?
    Helpful zarita Rated helpful

i've been on propecia for about 7 years ..started at 29 and now 36...
    prescribed by my dermatologist...
    My GP brought it up in a consultation a few months back saying that it can cause permanent erection loss...
    to be honest, i've only ever noticed the opposite!!
    I'll go and read the research and get back to everyone but I feel it's more because finasteride is used in older men with prostate issues and this group frequently suffer with erectile dysfunction anyway

leavegh is offline Banned Reason: promoting and shilling for buypropeciarealonline.biz

Smile Good one actually

Many see many results..

Depends on your body condition to react to the drug.

Take care

13. DHT concentrations will rise a few days after you stop taking finasteride so the sexual side effects should also subside. There is also a possibility of developing gynecomastia from in imbalance of estrogen to DHT (dihydro Testosterone) and this side effect is not very easy to reverse completely. This side effect is much more prevalent when people take exogenous testosterone (roids).

Hadora will become famous soon enoughHadora will become famous soon enough

Finasteride side effects are largely exagerated by frustated egocentric azzhole that want no one to keep their hair, trust me just take a visit to some hair loss forum and you will see an incredible concentration of trolls and self centered faggot
    plus alot of people order their finasteride online so the medication can be overdosed
    Likes Gullible liked this post

Yes, in fact they will use propecia to kills kids on school now. Who need guns when Propecia is cheaper !!!!!???

It depends.. some people tolerate it well and have great results, some quit because of the side effects (brain fog, gyno, sexual dysfunction) and some experience persistent side effects even after quitting (PROPECIAHELP: Persistent Finasteride Propecia Proscar side effects info & discussion forum).

If you are worried there are topical anti-androgen treatments that are available (RU58841, fluridil etc.) that are considered safe, many people are using it. Unfortunately RU is not official drug and it can be only bought from various labs or at Home - MPBTreatments there aren`t many studies and particularly long term studies on RU58841, however it seems to be as powerful as finasteride and is used without side effects (or minimal side effects) by many.
    Fluridil is very safe, because it works topically and gets neutralized in water (or blood). However its less potent than RU, but still,some guys have good results with it.

for more info check out pages (if you haven`t already) hairlosshelp.com, hairlosstalk.com or Immortal Hair if you want to learn more about natural treatments

hope this helps
    Last edited by asdf1234; 01-15-2013 at 08:48 PM.

Never had any side from it, taking since 2002. Do not believe anything you read on the net.

lol he looks funny Justin Bieber! my husband wanted to try it but i heard many bad things about it and he decided that no.

COSGringo is offline Banned Reason: Reluctantly had to kick off COSGringo because he became consistently belligerent
    COSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond repute
    COSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond repute
    Personally I have not had any issues but I can't say I've grown any hair back. Seems like less in the old shower when I am done though.

I had worse SE's when I used rogaine. It messed with my BP which I have issues with anyways.

YMMV. Good luck! Perhaps you can grow back a mullet!

0707-mullet-dog-bounty-hunter_full_600.jpg

"It depends.. some people tolerate it well and have great results, some quit because of the side effects (brain fog, gyno, sexual dysfunction) and some experience persistent side effects even after quitting"
    Bet that most of this people can get that from a Placebo.
    Helpful COSGringo Rated helpful

i don`t think it`s placebo... Propecia alters hormones and some people might be more sensitive to the alteration than others.. there are many studies confirming the possibility of side effects. But it`s true that majority of people take propecia with no or little side effects. I`m just saying that if you experience the sides from propecia that are not bearable, topical treatments are way to go

22. Is Propecia dangerous?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast