NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1401 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What shampoos help hair loss that i can find at drug stores

betsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud of

i've read that essential oils used topically for mpb arerosemary, peppermint and black pepper
    for Alopecia areata the oils thyme,rosemary, lavender and cederwood work well.
    perhaps these oils or a shampoo/gel with them in it could be found at a local health food store.
    laughter is the best medicine when done kindly

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    anything containing ketakonazole and / or caffeine....I believe there is some low grade evidence to support it's use in hair loss

4. I know a guy who's hair is thinning and he uses Loreal Thickening Shampoo for Men. It is available at basically any drug store or super market for about $4 or $5. Probably any other brand that has a product that specifies it is for thickening would work just as well. Also some people say that shampoo with tea tree oil in it seems to help too.

@Locced Out I also suffer from the same disease. I lost all of my hair when I was 7 or 8 years old. Never heard of anything to reverse the loss. It is just an inherited dermatological condition.

6. hmm I can't seem to see any links despite making more than 3 posts

My dad used the hair for men shampoo and the spray and it did not help at all. he said screw it and just started shaving his head, thats what I would do.

8. i'm using tea tree shampoo right now, on a recommendation from the woman who cuts my hair, and it seems to be helping with hair loss a little. really though, i think it's mostly used for keeping fungus and crap out of your scalp. my scalp feels pretty damn good after i use it.

9. i would avoid wasting money on shampoos / herbal remedies and see a dr. to figure out what the best plan is for you to combat loss.

I've used revita shampoo (I know some salons carry it) for a couple years and it seems to have kept my hair intact so far.

I need quite the opposite.....I need my facial hair to STOP growing.
    Peace Love Positivity & Equality for all

12. I use Arnica's Camy shampoo basically a homeopathic product hence don't have any side effects and tell you what within one week I got excellent results. Now I am happy and told everyone to use it.

Whisperjet727 is a splendid one to beholdWhisperjet727 is a splendid one to beholdWhisperjet727 is a splendid one to beholdWhisperjet727 is a splendid one to beholdWhisperjet727 is a splendid one to beholdWhisperjet727 is a splendid one to beholdWhisperjet727 is a splendid one to beholdWhisperjet727 is a splendid one to beholdWhisperjet727 is a splendid one to beholdWhisperjet727 is a splendid one to beholdWhisperjet727 is a splendid one to beholdWhisperjet727 is a splendid one to beholdWhisperjet727 is a splendid one to beholdWhisperjet727 is a splendid one to beholdWhisperjet727 is a splendid one to behold

Post Alternative Shampoo/conditioner for Alopecia

Quote Originally Posted by DavidCady View Post
    I use Arnica's Camy shampoo basically a homeopathic product hence don't have any side effects and tell you what within one week I got excellent results. Now I am happy and told everyone to use it.
    @DavidCady ,
    If your combination of homeopathic products work for you...I say carry on!!! I had a full head of hair at age 43. By age 47, I had significant
    "male pattern baldness". What did I do? After consulting two (2) surgeons, for a "hairlift" in person, and, visiting a patient, who, has a remarkable
    "head of hair" like a shag haircut, in his late 50's, due to (3) hairlifts, all done separately, of course. I committed to this AMA Board Certified Surgeon,
    had hair transplant no 1, in 1997, and hairtransplant no 2, in 2001. It is worth it is providing you really want to do it. Cost? In those years.........,
    $5,000.00 per transplant. Approximately 5 to 6 hours in surgery, heavily sedated, thus pain free.

Results: After the "process, of the transplanted hair to fall out and re-grow like 1/2 inch per month, after the first 45 days, by 6 months, I began to see
    remarkable improvement. Greatly improved my low self esteem, and aided me in acquiring jobs where my peers were at least 10 years younger.
    Hint: never tell your real age, at least in employment with your peers, and (for me) It was better socially to not volunteer my age, after the two hair
    transplants, as when I did, the opposite sex, seemed shocked, (they thought I was at least 5 to 10 years younger) plus I have my hair dyed every 4
    weeks since 2001, by a hair dresser professional.

Shampoo used? "Roffler Neutralizer Shampoo" for a hair conditioner" Framesi Biogenol Reconditioner, Milan, Italy. "for dry/damaged hair"
    Source: the department head of a hair dresser school near my residence, + a confirmation, from my (now) retired Medical Doctor.

Hint: both are not easy to find in traditional big box stores, like Walgreen's, Rite Aid, Albertson's, CVS, etc. Some large urban cities, have retail
    establishments, that wholesale some of their merchandise to local vendors, and carry the A to the Z. I lost my contact only 2 years ago, thus, I
    have found distributors, on the Internet, (several) I think, out of California, who ship me the bottles of the shampoo's and reconditioners I prefer.

In my case, I am prejudice, perhaps, as these products "minimize" taking the dye out of my very dark brown hair.

"to each his own" Just my 2 cents worth.

P.S. Be very careful if a MD prescribes you prescription drugs for "whatever" I know that meds like Lithium, and Depokote, have been proven to cause
    hair loss, and there are more meds out there that can cause hair loss. I have personally been taking "Propecia" (finisteride 1mg) for the past 15 years,
    that there is evidence, it blocks hair loss, in many people, and even potentiates growth, in other cases. The down side is it is not a inexpensive drug.
    (to save money, I often get a M.D to prescribe me "Proscar" 5 mg, and use a pill cutter, to break the triangular pills into at least 4 parts, and "Proscar"
    and "Propecia" are made by the same pharmaceutical firm, and the prices are about the same for 30 Propecia 1mg vs. 30 Proscar 5 mg, (same drug)
    Last edited by Whisperjet727; 01-12-2014 at 02:40 AM.

14. Five thousand dollars a plug? F*ck that noise. If you ain’t got it, rock the Heisenberg. Easiest possible solution, and it’s free.
    Helpful Sj2011 Rated helpful
    Likes HarryIrene liked this post

15. I do agree it is not a great idea to tell your age for work especially if you are over 50 (age discrimination). I have a female sales person who got breast implants and she even wrote off the operation on her taxes as it helped increase her sales. I honestly think it made her more confident and that is what increased her sales but either way she made more $ so she paid more taxes and that is why she wrote off the Breast implant surgery. So If it worked for her it might work for a guy and if you spent $ 10,000 for the two operations and made that much more in commissions then it might be worth it.

I am 52 now and not much hair left. I think it is genes and also the Steroids i took over the years. So I cut my hair short and neat so it is fine. If someone doesn't like me due to not having hair then so be it.

Steve

16. Go to a Sally store there are this shampoo,conditioner & another wash in stuff i forgot the name off of the top of my head put they will know what you are talking about .I use it on my gradmother & husband it was the only thing out there that realy works also if you wear a hat try to stop or don't wear it at home that will help alot too cause your hair foliciles need air instead of holding in heat thats what hats do.Also you are handed that down the family line on your mothers side of the family.Like if your mom's father was bold then you maybe to when you get older sorry know one wonts to here that but its the truth.But try that it does work good.Hope that helps you.

17. My hair started falling out shortly after undergoing surgery four years ago. I lost 1/3 of my hair and my MD and his nurse both told me this is a common side effect of anesthia and to take Biotin which is a B vitamin.

I was able to stop the hair loss and re grow my hair by using:

Redken Extreme Shampoo
    Redken Extreme Conditioner
    Redken Extreme Anti-Snap Leave-In Protectant
    Redken Extreme CAT Protein Reconstructor (once a week)
    2000 mcg Biotin daily

Today my hair is strong again and is very long, soft and shiny. Regarding Nioxin products I have tried them and they did nothing.

Redken is a salon product and to obtain the authentic product at a discounted price one needs to go to a store that has a salon in it but also sells a lot of beauty products like Ulta.

18. Quote Originally Posted by tinmuning View Post
    There are a lot of shampoos which claims to help prevent further hair loss or promote hair thickening. However, there are no proof that they really work. As a teenager, there may be a lot of probable cause for your hair loss. Stress is the #1 culprit. Systemic conditions and nutritional deficiencies can also cause hair loss. Manage whatever stress you might have and make sure you're getting enough rest and healthy foods. If you did that and still you lose hair, then it's time to seek doctor's help.

Once you confirm with a physician that you have male pattern baldness and not some form of alopecia due to some other disease process or nutritional deficiency, ask for suggestions from your doctor. He may mention these:

OTC products:
    Minoxidil used on crown "AND" frontal hairline at least twice per day
    Ketoconazole 1-2% shampoo used twice a week is optional (1% is OTC, 2% is Rx) and can help if these are the only two things are you taking.

Rx:
    What you really need to do is splurge and get a doctor to prescribe you cheap, generic dutasteride. That will be responsible for most regrowth, with minoxidil a distant second. The doctor will have to evaluate you to see whether you are a candidate based on age, family and medical history, etc before taking anything.
    Last edited by amakaris; 01-04-2015 at 01:03 AM.

mrcoolguy is offline Banned Reason: Commercial representative of a vendor of controlled substances
    mrcoolguy is a jewel in the roughmrcoolguy is a jewel in the roughmrcoolguy is a jewel in the roughmrcoolguy is a jewel in the roughmrcoolguy is a jewel in the roughmrcoolguy is a jewel in the roughmrcoolguy is a jewel in the roughmrcoolguy is a jewel in the rough

nizoral 2% or ds labs shampoo's for maintenance and regrowth...

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoolguy View Post
    nizoral 2% or ds labs shampoo's for maintenance and regrowth...
    ^^^ This! It may not help regrow much, but will slow down the thinning. If you really want to see the difference, then commit to a year of dutasteride or propecia. However these drugs come with some potentially unpleasant side effects, like a loss of libido, or other problems in that area.

21. Nizoral shampoo, used with Propecia helps

22. What shampoos help hair loss that i can find at drug stores
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast