NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 876 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Meds and Beard Growth?

1. Default Meds and Beard Growth?

I am curious if any of these meds can lead to an increase in facial hair growth? I am 33 years old, and still can't grow a proper, full beard. Just patchy nonsense on my cheeks/side burns . I also suspect low testosterone levels may be at play.

Any thoughts?
    Likes Oddgirlout liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
  3. Using finasteride may reduce facial hair because it inhibits the formation of DHT, a powerful form of testosterone. It's the reason men in rare cases lose libido or notice increased breast size. Finasteride doesn't increase or promote more hair growth than you naturally have. It blocks chemistry that causes male pattern hair loss in the scalp.
    Last edited by Spindoc; 12-30-2015 at 10:04 PM.
    Helpful snowy Rated helpful

Ravenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond repute
    Ravenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond repute
    Actually, I think a few of the ladies would like to know as well... as in what NOT to take to grow a beard!

(No offence meant to you @parry goric . It's a good question!)
    Helpful snowy Rated helpful
    Likes tommygun liked this post

tommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant future

I got sick of shaving for a few months so grew a big beard,no meds make my beard grow any more than usual,its just changed colour down the years,its the hairs growing outta me nose that bug me.
    Likes Ravenousbird liked this post

Ravenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond repute
    Ravenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    I got sick of shaving for a few months so grew a big beard,no meds make my beard grow any more than usual,its just changed colour down the years,its the hairs growing outta me nose that bug me.
    Oh my gosh, is that what I've to look forward to??? Long nose hairs?

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse....

3517148_f260.jpg
    Likes tommygun liked this post

Avaris has a spectacular aura aboutAvaris has a spectacular aura aboutAvaris has a spectacular aura aboutAvaris has a spectacular aura aboutAvaris has a spectacular aura aboutAvaris has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by parry goric View Post
    I am curious if any of these meds can lead to an increase in facial hair growth? I am 33 years old, and still can't grow a proper, full beard. Just patchy nonsense on my cheeks/side burns . I also suspect low testosterone levels may be at play.

Any thoughts?
    Beard growth patterns are usually hereditary. Does your Dad or any brothers have thick stubble?

Testosterone supplements are available and they may increase your beard's potential but I'm wary of stuff like that. If you're genetically pre-disposed to hair loss on your head, such supplements may speed that up. It could be a case of 'robbing Peter to pay Paul'.

But on the upside (and as an analogy) my brother is a similar age to you and he can't grow a beard. Just a few straggly bits on the chin and sideburns. It purveys a certain youthfulness and makes him look many years younger than he really is.

Maybe it has the same effect for you but you don't realise it?

tommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenousbird View Post
    Oh my gosh, is that what I've to look forward to??? Long nose hairs?

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse....

3517148_f260.jpg
    thats the least to worry about @Ravenousbird ,theres far worse up the road,evil lol!
    Likes Ravenousbird liked this post

9. I've heard of some people using Rogaine to help their beards grow. Haven't heard as much about finasteride for this purpose though. The obvious problem with these meds is that you have to keep using them and you'll lose your progress if you stop them. Not to mention their side effects...
    Helpful Vetivers Rated helpful

Vetivers will become famous soon enoughVetivers will become famous soon enough

There's plenty of channels on YouTube about using Rogaines main ingredient (minoxidil) for facial hair growth. I can only grow hair on my chin, neck, and jawline for the most part and missing the lower part of the cheek. It's not terrible and after a year looks somewhat passable. But my twin can grow a full on Viking beard. So needless to say I'm a little jealous because of my lack of "manhood". At this point I'm not even sure how genetics worked that out. So I was curious one day and googled beard serums and then eventually came across minoxidil which used to be a blood pressure medication. The outstanding side effect was hair growth. Didn't take long for creams and whatnot to be produced. Not sure if I'll go through with it or not but I'll probably shave my facial hair down in the spring and give it a shot. What's the worst that could happen. I guess you can find minoxidil products for super cheap. The only.problem is the length of application which should be longer than half a year depending on who you talk to. And if it's not tampered down you'll lose the gains.

wintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud of

I've been using Rogaine twice a day on my eyebrows in hopes of thickening them. I started last July and have been following the instructions exactly, but my eyebrows don't seem any thicker yet. There may be some new hairs, but nothing significant. I used to have thick eyebrows; after I was diagnosed as hypothyroid, my eyebrows thinned out.

Rogaine for beard growth could be tricky because you apply it twice a day and are supposed to let it stay on your skin. So you would need to apply it after washing your face, and if you wash your face more than twice a day, you would probably need to reapply it every time.

First of all you need to know that there are several factors that influence the facial hair growth speed and amounts. It could be even the consequence of bad diet. But I think it is up to your genes.
    Likes Avaris liked this post

13. Meds and Beard Growth?