NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 819 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: what really stops male hair loss? - help

Quote Originally Posted by Allycat View Post
    I have no idea as I don't know anyone who has used it, but it did get FDA clearance and clinical studies to back it up. Sounds promising @TripleP , but as with all new
    technology, only time will tell.
    Yeah and look at how well the FDA does with drugs / studys..... Take it with a giant bolder size grain of salt lol
    Likes grannyof2boys liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Allycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond repute
    Allycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond repute
    Oh you're such the eternal optimist lol. @TripleP . If I was balding, I might give it a try, now I sound like Im schilling for hair loss treatment,
    how did that happen? Just sharing the info.
    Likes SamCro, Itzjustme, grannyof2boys liked this post

Oh you're such the eternal optimist lol. @TripleP . If I was balding, I might give it a try, now I sound like Im schilling for hair loss treatment,
    how did that happen? Just sharing the info.
    ROFL you dont sound like a shill in the least bit. Just an interesting conversation on the treatment options for hair loss is all I'll admit im curious about the product if it REALLY does work or not.. But being the skeptic i am i feel everythings bullshit till it happens to me lol
    Likes Allycat, grannyof2boys liked this post

Allycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond repute
    Allycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond repute
    Well if there are any free samples, you'll be the first to know @TripleP . I know it's a sensitive subject for some men and women.
    Likes SamCro, Molly W, grannyof2boys liked this post

Well if there are any free samples, you'll be the first to know @TripleP . I know it's a sensitive subject for some men and women.
    Yea it is for my poor brother hes got it worse then i do.. For me its just a part of life.. i wear hats anyway so i dont notice it much.. Girls tend to notice it more then i do i guess but shrugs some chicks dig bald guys
    Likes Allycat, grannyof2boys liked this post

@TripleP was it the hardcore pawn one with the bald on top dad/owner??? The one in detroit? Lol if it was!
    Likes SamCro, grannyof2boys liked this post
    Peace Love Positivity & Equality for all

Quote Originally Posted by ucme View Post
    @TripleP was it the hardcore pawn one with the bald on top dad/owner??? The one in detroit? Lol if it was!
    Yep did u see that one too?
    Likes Itzjustme liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by TripleP View Post
    Yep did u see that one too?
    Nah I didnt see that episode but its the only pawn show ive watched & hes really bald on top! Im curious to see if it works!
    Likes SamCro, grannyof2boys liked this post
    Peace Love Positivity & Equality for all

10. Edit
    nevermind too much censoring. Forum seems to be controlled by post reporters.
    Last edited by Bipolar2; 06-04-2013 at 02:00 PM. Reason: truth can't be heard due to one censoring member
    Helpful SamCro Rated helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar2 View Post
    The problem with rogain is it makes your hair feel real oily.:-( I quit using it cause it made my hair feel dirty. I hear that it does work.
    @Bipolar2 did you use the mousse or a different formulation? While it's not perfect, it does offer some help and especially with the thickening part. I feel the mousse works better as far as not making the hair feel oily. Most products on the market, including the professional ones have the same basic ingredients and pretty much work the same. My doctor who is a woman uses it and while it's not perfect, I've seen a dramatic difference in her hair as far as being thicker and less of the scalp showing through. As a hairdresser for 33 years, I've seen a lot and this is by far the least "painful" with some positive results! I've heard about transplantation, etc. but it's very invasive, expensive and painful. I have two female clients that ultimately went with wigs, which I have to say, some are very beautiful and you'd never know they were wigs! Anyway, my sister suffers from alopecia areata and unfortunately Rogaine doesn't work for her. There are many ways to deal with hair loss but I have seen in my business that women are especially more sensitive to this as our hair is our "crowning glory". Very hard! My men clients (including my hubby) keep their hair very short which I feel is a better look, especially if the thinning or hair loss is primarily on top. I know of three of my men clients that went the Hair Club route and they were very happy with the results. So there are options out there, it's just finding what works best for you and makes you feel most comfortable! Good luck to all and thanks for reading my "2 cents"!!
    Helpful grannyof2boys Rated helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    The foam has no propalyne glycol (sp?) so it's not oily.
    Propylene Glycol
    Likes Sheena liked this post

Great line! I was going to suggest a time machine.

Guys please let's stick on topic and stop bating or picking n people you don't now for no reason. More bating at people and picking on others for no reason out of the blue will get you temporarily or permanently banned
    Helpful Sj2011, Allycat, HarryIrene, Itzjustme Rated helpful

15. Quote Originally Posted by Sheena View Post
    @Bipolar2 did you use the mousse or a different formulation? While it's not perfect, it does offer some help and especially with the thickening part. I feel the mousse works better as far as not making the hair feel oily. Most products on the market, including the professional ones have the same basic ingredients and pretty much work the same. My doctor who is a woman uses it and while it's not perfect, I've seen a dramatic difference in her hair as far as being thicker and less of the scalp showing through. As a hairdresser for 33 years, I've seen a lot and this is by far the least "painful" with some positive results! I've heard about transplantation, etc. but it's very invasive, expensive and painful. I have two female clients that ultimately went with wigs, which I have to say, some are very beautiful and you'd never know they were wigs! Anyway, my sister suffers from alopecia areata and unfortunately Rogaine doesn't work for her. There are many ways to deal with hair loss but I have seen in my business that women are especially more sensitive to this as our hair is our "crowning glory". Very hard! My men clients (including my hubby) keep their hair very short which I feel is a better look, especially if the thinning or hair loss is primarily on top. I know of three of my men clients that went the Hair Club route and they were very happy with the results. So there are options out there, it's just finding what works best for you and makes you feel most comfortable! Good luck to all and thanks for reading my "2 cents"!!
    Sorry I edited my post.
    Helpful Sheena Rated helpful

Molly W is just really niceMolly W is just really niceMolly W is just really niceMolly W is just really niceMolly W is just really niceMolly W is just really niceMolly W is just really niceMolly W is just really niceMolly W is just really niceMolly W is just really nice

it really really can be...I had (thankfullly temporary hair) loss due to hormonal problems and it was horrific, I was so self conscious every time I went anwhere, it really knocked my confidence to shreds. I suppose that's why peeps might be sensitive on this topic. I know little about male hair loss but is any hormonal treatment available for men?
    Likes SamCro, Allycat liked this post
    Let us always be a little kinder than is necessary

Hi @Molly W , I'm not aware of hormonal treatments taken by mouth, but there a couple of topical treatments available for both men and women.

Not my area of expertise, but I can look into further if you would like.
    Helpful Molly W, SamCro Rated helpful

Molly W is just really niceMolly W is just really niceMolly W is just really niceMolly W is just really niceMolly W is just really niceMolly W is just really niceMolly W is just really niceMolly W is just really niceMolly W is just really niceMolly W is just really nice

thanks @Allycat ...the problem is sorted now for me it was some meds I was taking that affected my hormones so when I came off them it did grow back. But I'm sure others would welcome your advice.

It was one of the most anxiety provoking things ever...which can seem minor when there could be so much more seriously wrong with you, but I just think the way you perceive yourself and feel about your body completely changed...truly horrid. My sympathies with everyone who has this, if you can laugh about it's great (as H20shed65 says, laughter is the best medicine) however I can completely understand those who can't. Best of luck with your treatments everyone.
    Likes SamCro, Allycat liked this post
    Let us always be a little kinder than is necessary

HarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond repute
    HarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by ucme View Post
    Wow! Well I just read all your pms @algreen123 & yes I accept your apology : ) IIm just now reading your post. Im glad you have calmed down.You gotta admit, it did look like you were a dude! Honestly all you had to do is let me know I & the other 1 were wrong,explain the ed thing & thats cool.
    It really wasnt as harsh as you took it. Youve called me a man in my pm & in your post & I havent got mad not once!
    No worries : ) @Algreen is a female & if any1 can help with her husband balding,please do : )
    Srry for all the OT posts.

Well to tell you the Honest of God Truth - Be careful who you listen too...Because a lot of times they are full of Horse Dung...I know the "People/Person" that flew on here or whispered in your ear (blah, blah, blah)...shhh...who are on my ignore list ....Must be so on the : UP & UP!!!! LMAO!!!

People shouldn't Slam other members before they know the Facts, in which most of the time they don't know, nor' do they care too - They wanna be Mean (Ouch that Hurt Momma'...) Start Flame-Wars...That's how people get their Rocks off???? Gross!!!!!!!

As for hair loss, I Scalp people and wear the top their Hair/Cranium on my head for a couple of days....it's a toss up today, between Yuppie Tourist or Geek....Hmmmmm
    Last edited by Kris; 06-04-2013 at 09:42 PM. Reason: deleted algreen mention
    Helpful Allycat Rated helpful

COSGringo is offline Banned Reason: Reluctantly had to kick off COSGringo because he became consistently belligerent
    COSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond repute
    COSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond repute
    Well now that that's cleared up lol, I recently received a nursing magazine which included an article on hair loss. Evidently there is a new product on
    the market, it's the first FDA cleared medical device to treat hair loss in men and women, called a laser comb. Evidently the laser pulses stimulate
    hair follicle growth. Per the article 90% of men and women in the clinical study experienced hair growth in 16 weeks. It can be purchased with out
    a doctors script, it is pricey however, approx $400.00. You use it 3 times a week for the first 16 weeks then maintain with 1 to 2 time a week
    for continued hair growth. As with most technology, I'm sure it will be refined and most likelywill see a price reduction in the future.
    Don't bother, I've known too many that tried those things. I don't think they work. I've researched the bejesus out of it.

Finesteride is the best bet to hold on to what's there and it's cheap. Some people it works magic. There's no shampoo or what have you that helps. Don't spend a bunch of money on that. Tea tree oil shamppoos supposedly helps a bit and it's cheap enough. There's some evidence Nizoral can help a tad. It's cheap via alldaychemist.

Surgery, very pricey. My brother had plugs done, still looks lame if you ask me. Way to much money. I am holding onto mine ok considering. I take that proscar. About 14 months. Time will tell. I don't think it helped me grown any but maybe holding on. Rogaine did not work and it has SE's like BP spikes up and down. Redness, etc. Blech.

Once it's gone, go for the Mr. Clean look or Sinead O'Connor.

That laser comb thing has actually been around a while.
    Helpful Allycat, j2thalea Rated helpful

SpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond repute
    SpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond repute
    I just wanted to say that I take a small 2mg of testosterone a day for reasons related to my teeth, and my hair as a 53 year old woman is great. Thicker than it has been for decades.

Wonder if the same is true for men? Any guys want to comment?

Hi @kmontayne , so nice to see you back on the board. 042 - what really stops male hair loss? - help
    Helpful algreen123, HarryIrene Rated helpful
    Likes SamCro, lucyinthesky liked this post
    "We have not inherited the earth from our parents, we have borrowed it from our children".

22. what really stops male hair loss? - help
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast