NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 819 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: what really stops male hair loss? - help

1. I think the most elegant option would be to embrace you hair loss and try to live with it. This will beat any available drug and safe you from the side-effect of all these available drugs! good luck and best wishes

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
  3. There are three different things you can take:

1) dutasteride (stronger) or finasteride
    These are probably responsible for 90% of results, but as it is an oral drug, does have some side effects (sexual for some people), among others.
    2) minoxidil (rogaine)--works to some extent, not only at the vertex but also the frontal hairline even if it isn't "approved" for it. Very few side effects
    3) ketoconazole shampoo--not nearly as strong as the other two, but some people swear by it

And yes, you can use all three.

4. Get your mother in law to move out of the house and you will stop pulling out your hair and it will grow back. This is what happened to me. Now I have a full head of hair !

genetics. I know people 25 years older than me that can grow a pony tail. In the meantime i am thing about shaving my head. Unless they come out with a cure that doesnt cost too much I will do it it but **** it.
    "All governments become stale and corrupt after 200 years.” – Ben Franklin

MMH has a reputation beyond reputeMMH has a reputation beyond reputeMMH has a reputation beyond reputeMMH has a reputation beyond reputeMMH has a reputation beyond reputeMMH has a reputation beyond reputeMMH has a reputation beyond reputeMMH has a reputation beyond reputeMMH has a reputation beyond reputeMMH has a reputation beyond reputeMMH has a reputation beyond reputeMMH has a reputation beyond reputeMMH has a reputation beyond reputeMMH has a reputation beyond reputeMMH has a reputation beyond reputeMMH has a reputation beyond reputeMMH has a reputation beyond reputeMMH has a reputation beyond reputeMMH has a reputation beyond reputeMMH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    genetics. I know people 25 years older than me that can grow a pony tail. In the meantime i am thing about shaving my head. Unless they come out with a cure that doesnt cost too much I will do it it but **** it.
    As long as you don't have a weird shaped head (which some people do, unfortunately), I say shave it. I think a bald man is sexier than one with a severely receding hairline. I see many celebrities who have done this and they look much better.

7. As @amakaris wrote before, those are "the big three" one can use to fight male pattern hair loss(mphl). There are very useful dedicated forums like baldtruthtalk and hairlosstalk where you can read a lot about the various treatment. At this moment it is not possible to cure or reverse mphl, but with ongoing treatment it can be substantially slowed down and in the first year into treatment even some regrowth can be seen. If regaining a serious amount of density is the aim, than hair transplant is the only viable option, however one must be very realistic and conservative as hair transplants have their own limitations and you can only use so much donor hair as your donor area situation allows it. There are many reviews of hair transplant clinics on the forums I mentioned.

i take finasteride generic version either .5mg every other day or i take my fathers name brand finasteride 5mg proscar and take that on a sunday for the whole week, so far i have been able to keep my crown from not getting any more worse , it looks the same as 7yrs ago , the rogaine is a benefit too..

the receeding in the front , well thats already there cant fix that just in maintenance mode til i hit my 40's than il prob go for buzz cutts , i look weird with 1" haircut or shaved head with my face structure not everyone is meant for a bald head ......yet

9. What causes hair lose. Inlaws that complain consistently and two teenagers who get into trouble and a wife who enables them so they continue the behavior.

everyone says its from the mother sides i think most eastern European males lose hair,oh well , im preserving what i got , its not bad i still feel good going out with it lol ROFL CHOPPER ?

11. ^ I heard it was from the mothers side as well, which gave me some hope, but unfortunately it didn't turn out to be the case with me.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Joopes View Post
    I think the most elegant option would be to embrace you hair loss and try to live with it. This will beat any available drug and safe you from the side-effect of all these available drugs! good luck and best wishes
    I found that once I shaved my hair, I didn't think about it. Staying in shape helps if you shave you head though imo

you cant stop it but you can control it and maintain it before it gets worse

propecia, rogaine 5% i go with generic brand from kirkland, nizoral shampoo, or rivita shampoo, im 34 i could be allot worse i still got a decent crown , receded but not bad. I learned to cut/ buzz my own hair and i know i like it to come out, I learned because I got tired of going to barbershops and you tell them 1" on the sides "2 on top and instead they do their own creation, like bruh i told you the directions!

so anyway healthy diet rich in biotin to thicken hair too also, very good for crown to get thicker over time so you appear balding there either, i cant say i really vouch for anyone testimonials on frontal temple recession that say they regrew using the Big 3 . I think whoever is saying that had some sort of minor to full blown hair restoration transplant. That is something I would not do either, have a scar on the back my head to fill in the front, or usually other peoples hairs and sometimes after the surgery its not a gurantee the "PLUGS" will stay.

Just find a good haircut that works for you , eat healthy, stick to the big 3 it works i been doing this since 27 since i noticed my front receding, its manageable

14. what really stops male hair loss? - help
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6