NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1239 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: shave my head

My cheekbones, jaw and head shape are more masculine than I realised so balding turned out OK. years of anxiety over nothing !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Miley View Post
    I heard that Saw Palmetto works, too. Have you ever heard of it? My hubby still has hair but is getting a lil thin as well!!!!
    I heard of that, but thats another way to mess with your hormones. Bad idea for something so superficial.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Accept your fate. Comb overs,look stupid.. Wigs toupees look stupid. People laugh behind your back. Be a man and have self confidence. propecia works very poorly if at all. Takes the starch out of your Johnson. I use a 1/2 clipper.. Makes you look hard. Look at a Jason Statham, The women are crazy about him. You can't fool mother nature.
    Likes snowy liked this post
    I often lose track. and forget to count my blessings.

4. Quote Originally Posted by oldgrayman View Post
    Accept your fate. Comb overs,look stupid.. Wigs toupees look stupid. People laugh behind your back. Be a man and have self confidence. propecia works very poorly if at all. Takes the starch out of your Johnson. I use a 1/2 clipper.. Makes you look hard. Look at a Jason Statham, The women are crazy about him. You can't fool mother nature.
    Amen. Rock the Heisenberg, bitch.
    Likes SpaceMatters liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by oldgrayman View Post
    Since the bald buzz cut, all those bald professionals and politicians who let their side hair grow out, now look completely ridiculous lol..they have the modern version of the comb-over
    Likes snowy liked this post

6. Quote Originally Posted by rogerharris View Post
    My cheekbones, jaw and head shape are more masculine than I realised so balding turned out OK. years of anxiety over nothing !
    I was all worried that my head would have a bigass dent in it or something, but fortunately that turned out not to be the case. I do have the Klingon ridge though. This is actually an indicator of a higher-than-normal percentage of Neanderthal DNA.

7. I have been using hair clippers for years and I also save a lot of $ that I can use for other things plus no long waits at the Barber.
    If you do not want to shave your head but want some hair go to Targer, Walmart and check out the hair trimmers. I found that the most even long lasting ones that you can use yourself are the ones that also are advertised for a stubble look. You can adjust the hair length in 1 ml increments and mine even has a build in vacuum that catches the loose hairs (Norelco at about $ 30 - $50) depends on where you shop.
    For cutting the back I take one of those elastic bands used by woman to hold their hair and put it around my neck in a way that it provides a straight line so I can either use my hand razor or a small peanut Wahl trimmer $ 16. It looks as good and is a clean line like the Barber.

I do this every week or two and have done this for 5 years. If I have gone to the barber say once every month at $ 15 x 12= $180 x 5 years = $900 and I spent under $100 total. I actually do this weekly as it is free to me.
    Helpful snowy Rated helpful

Eh, just get a Flowbee! Unfortunately, shipping is no longer free. Flowbee factory direct Also Flowbee deluxe with vacuum
    I Love People - Harry's Quote. RIP 12/20/2015

9. Quote Originally Posted by Jazie View Post
    Eh, just get a Flowbee! Unfortunately, shipping is no longer free. Flowbee factory direct Also Flowbee deluxe with vacuum
    I am one incomprehensibly sick mofo. Your post IMMEDIATELY made me think of this.

I remember the infomercials, and I had a guy who worked for me who used one. Lol, a vacuum to the head, sweet!
    I Love People - Harry's Quote. RIP 12/20/2015

11. I do not use the Flowbee. It is a Norelco and is a clipper that has cuts in 1 ml increments and is the same size as most Chinese Clippers like Wahl or Conair. Inside the model I got is a tiny vacuum device that helps keep hair from getting all over you bathroom. This is means for small mini hairs. They also sell a similar model for about $10 cheaper without the vacuum. It is also cordless.

To be honest all the clippers will work fine. I would advice you start out with a longer settings and see how you like it before going to short.
    There one ANDIS brand clipper I had that was $ 20 and worked pretty good. i used it with a # 2 clipper or a # 1 clipper and you can extend the taper control to make 1/2 size increase ( size between the snap on hair attachments). May wife said my cuts are just as good as the barber. ( $ 15 plus tip ). If I had a thick full head of hair I would use the barber but since I do not I have a nice even neat cut.
    Last edited by steve12345; 02-27-2014 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steve12345 View Post
    I have been using hair clippers for years and I also save a lot of $ that I can use for other things plus no long waits at the Barber.
    If you do not want to shave your head but want some hair go to Targer, Walmart and check out the hair trimmers. I found that the most even long lasting ones that you can use yourself are the ones that also are advertised for a stubble look. You can adjust the hair length in 1 ml increments and mine even has a build in vacuum that catches the loose hairs (Norelco at about $ 30 - $50) depends on where you shop.
    For cutting the back I take one of those elastic bands used by woman to hold their hair and put it around my neck in a way that it provides a straight line so I can either use my hand razor or a small peanut Wahl trimmer $ 16. It looks as good and is a clean line like the Barber.

I do this every week or two and have done this for 5 years. If I have gone to the barber say once every month at $ 15 x 12= $180 x 5 years = $900 and I spent under $100 total. I actually do this weekly as it is free to me.
    some of the baldness forums say the clippers are so close a cut, especially when the blade gets more blunt and ruins the remaining follicles..not sure, but i do have to dig in more after a year of using them..but they still work so you just use it anyway. ive given up and accepted my bald fate anyway .I try to delude myself I look like jason statham, but it only works from certain angles like the back of my head lol..

13. As a woman, I have always said that if a man is going bald - then just shave it all off.

Totally bald men excude masculinity, power, an element of danger and total sexiness.
    Likes Cash, jholden40, mongoose, Moon Shade liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by File Error 500 View Post
    As a woman, I have always said that if a man is going bald - then just shave it all off.

Totally bald men excude masculinity, power, an element of danger and total sexiness.
    And they don't waste your expensive hair product.
    Likes File Error 500, jholden40, Moon Shade liked this post

15. Quote Originally Posted by alumni View Post
    And they don't waste your expensive hair product.
    Also do not have to color your hair. I am in the middle of job search and at 52 I see feel age discrimination. So i use cheap hair color to get most of the gray out. I look about 4-5 years younger with it. Soon as I get the job I will be gray again.
    Likes jholden40 liked this post

16. Quote Originally Posted by File Error 500 View Post
    Perfect avatar/post combination.

speedyjones2014 is offline Banned Reason: Sending unsolicited PMs to lots of members
    speedyjones2014 will become famous soon enoughspeedyjones2014 will become famous soon enough

I am slick and loving it........ It is intimidating
    Likes Cash, File Error 500 liked this post

Cash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond repute
    Cash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond repute
    As a woman, I have always said that if a man is going bald - then just shave it all off.

Yep, from a woman's perspective - don't try to make it look like you have more hair than you really do by the way you comb it, don't waste your money on products to grow more hair (from what I understand they are expensive as hell), etc. If you are at that point, just shave your head smooth and walk with confidence. I dated a guy when I was ~25, he was 30, that shaved his head because of early balding and he was very sexy.
    Helpful File Error 500 Rated helpful
    Likes mongoose liked this post
    September 9, 2015

that's exactly what I think when I see a photo of Gandhi.
    Likes Cash liked this post

20. Quote Originally Posted by jholden40 View Post
    that's exactly what I think when I see a photo of Gandhi.
    Well thank you for sharing that with the forum, it takes courage to admit that you are not like the others'when it comes to sexual proclivities.
    Likes Cash, jholden40 liked this post

I like Telly Savalas, as well.
    Helpful Roz Rated helpful

22. shave my head
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast