NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1239 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: shave my head

1. I shave my head as well and have for a long time and I really like it..I just didn't shave it much this winter as it has been very very cold snowy and cold so I wanted a little more fur on the top..But come summer time it will shine again-))

Have a great night

Patch

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
  3. Just don't forget your sunblock.
    Helpful Eyepatch44, rogerharris Rated helpful
    Likes HarryIrene liked this post

HarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond repute
    HarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond repute
    I shave my skull every one or two times a year or two years..The first time. My hair had been long for decades and crazy and it got natty, dready and shit..I had Dreads a long time ago...I wasn't haven it. So I i had the skull shaved by a Barber" (remember them? Candy-Stripped Barber Polls?)Like the Town Cobbler) I got what we we called it l a Raa-Raa(I believe)

Then went home and straight shaved the sucker. My tenants girlfriend thought I went all Taxi Driver and stuff..It was Funny - You Lookin' at me Punk - Hilarious. It scared her, HAHA

Definitely sage advice from the Evil One....Put sunscreen/Sun-Block on that head for a couple weeks. I have never used sunblock before, GLad I did - OUCH...Even with the chemicals on the cranium.
    Last edited by HarryIrene; 03-14-2014 at 02:58 AM.
    Helpful Eyepatch44 Rated helpful
    Likes COSGringo liked this post

I agree that shaving your head is better than a lot of the alternatives available to guys these days. I'm a big proponent of Minoxidil foam if you still have the hair to save, but Propecia is one of the most unpleasant things you can put in your body that you don't need for medical reasons, and if you believe that any supplement you take affects hair loss I have some snake oil to sell you haha! Hair transplants are great these days (see Joel McHale, Matthew McConnaghey, Wayne Rooney, etc) but even for people who make a good living like myself they're a bit tough to afford. I still have a great head of hair for my age but it's eventually gonna come out so I'm weighing the options.

The problem is though, let's be realistic, while there are some women that like a bald head, most do not. I know plenty of women who would not date a bald man, and you can call it shallow but really if they don't like it there's nothing wrong with that. Plus, not all guys can pull it off. But even those who can, like one of my good buddies from med school went pretty much completely bald by the time he was 22, so I never really saw him with hair. He was a good looking guy though and still attracted nice, good looking women. Then we saw an old picture of him with hair and the guy looked like he should be on the cover of a magazine or something, but bald he was just a moderately attractive guy.

I guess my point is, we live in an era where being bald isn't necessarily as big of a deal as it was in say the 1970's when longer hair was a requirement, but at the same time with more of an emphasis being placed on image and looks in the era we're in now I think it's just in your best interest in life to look as good as you can. I'm not saying anything drastic, but if there's an option out there on the market and you can afford it, why not?

All that being said though, if you can pull of the shaved head look and look like a stud, more power to you, I'm definitely jealous haha!
    Likes rogerharris liked this post

Micro-graft hair surgery replaces roots harvested from the lower, back of a man's scalp, where men never go bald, and transplants the roots at the top of the head. It also recreates the hairline. Since the root is what is transplanted....IT IS NOT PLUGS. The hair from the transplanted roots grows like normal (it needs to be cut even) for the rest of a man's life. This is the best way to go. My brother had this done twice, as he started balding in his twenties. It took two procedures to gain him a full head of hair. He now has a full head of hair...and you would never know he had micro-grafting. While this is not an inexpensive proposition, it can be worth the cost for a man's self esteem, as in my brother's case. It made him very self conscious to be losing his hair in his twenties, so he found the cost/benefit worth it.
    Likes JasonKone6789 liked this post

im looking at trying the well trimmed beard, shaved head look. This would help with those whose face proportions go out of whack when they shave the head, as you can shape the beard to match up with any head/face shape. A lot of pro sports guys go bald young (sports tends to drive the testosterone through the roof) and are doing this so its becoming fine to have this look without looking like you just come out a stretch in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Loubitan View Post
    Micro-graft hair surgery replaces roots harvested from the lower, back of a man's scalp, where men never go bald, and transplants the roots at the top of the head. It also recreates the hairline. Since the root is what is transplanted....IT IS NOT PLUGS. The hair from the transplanted roots grows like normal (it needs to be cut even) for the rest of a man's life. This is the best way to go. My brother had this done twice, as he started balding in his twenties. It took two procedures to gain him a full head of hair. He now has a full head of hair...and you would never know he had micro-grafting. While this is not an inexpensive proposition, it can be worth the cost for a man's self esteem, as in my brother's case. It made him very self conscious to be losing his hair in his twenties, so he found the cost/benefit worth it.
    I agree, if I ever need it I am definitely going to go this route. I've known guys who got this and you honestly could not tell the difference, it's nothing like the plugs of the 90's but you definitely pay $ for it. Some people spend so much $ on clothing and cars and other things to make them more appealing visually or in general, but they get offended at the thought of this, which I just don't get. I don't even see it on the same level as a nose job or any cosmetic stuff. I always thought it was odd how certain things get a stigma socially while others are completely ignored.

9. i got my whole head tattooed... seriously.. thats the way to go.. ahahaha

lildev0426 will become famous soon enoughlildev0426 will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by bluecollarjohn View Post
    i got my whole head tattooed... seriously.. thats the way to go.. ahahaha
    I've thought about tattooing mine with hair design. Might look ok from a distance.

11. shave my head
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3