NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 487 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I need a drug that brings back hair.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Irene View Post
    My Dad, Grampa, Great Grampa, etc were Scottish, Sicilian nuts and major scrappers and I saw a lot of Violence and verbal abuse when I was a kid...I was was raised in a very Rough Blue-Collar town too. If you didn't learn to fight or fight dirty by 1st grade you were toast...it's awful to say, but true...I saw kids teeth knocked out of their head on the tar by 2nd and third grade...my steel/heavy metal Hong Kong Phooey Lunchbox came in handy ....I got fuked with "once" and that was it...nobody came near me or the people I hung with who had my back...in that type of environment you better have people that have your back and you have theirs....or your a statistic

The violence aspect, say you are brought up in west of scotland, OK we all know there is a lot of violence from teenage on.. but why ? so the behavourists are going to say its learned behaviour from poverty... .not genetic.. Then think back to what kind of men ended up there in the first place ? It was for positive reasons, the strongest hardest workers could only survive in the industrial revolution there and back then there were plenty of jobs. Those who travelled for work were the ones able to take up the challenge to be in shipbuilding or whatever and more importantly survive, have families and stay. Those were dangerous jobs. There were plenty of other options, to travel there you had to be up for that. Warrior mindset ? Then the industry dried up, and this creates more violence as poverty increases with a gene pool that has the warrior genes ? Later on didnt some of the trained special forces in WW2 emerge from scotland ? Even in coatbridge and surrounding areas there is the highest concentration of men up for doing private defense contracting.. i.e. mercenary work for Iraq etc. They are already half trained as you cant survive round there if you dont have the ability to switch on violence fast and be prepared to use it in everyday life.

BTW.. thats my background. same locale and sicilian descent and I have very few real front teeth, lol.. why i got into researching the warrior gene. I never had my fathers influence, but when I first met him later was surprised at the same tendency towards flipping out, and us both succeeding in extreme sports. In fact nearly all the sicilian relatives flip-out over nothing, and often it ends up costing them more than it does anybody else. SO to me it seemed genetic and hardly learned behaviour either for a positive adaptation. Who ended up in Sicily ? The landplots there was given as a reward to soldiers who earned respect in the armies, so its would become a genetic breeding ground for warrior genes.. Thats my idea and maybe explains the mafia in the same way as violence for scotland when times get hard. The mafia like the shipbuilders started out on a positive note.. they formed as protectors for the population, like a trade union... then it went bad when all the industry went out.. like west of scotland.. but obviously we need a couple of grand to go over there and do gene tests for all this conjecture.. i.e. that these warrior genes concentrated in these areas by natural selection..but like you say dont learn to fight, become a statistic.. but also there are guys who no matter how much boxing technique they learn its not enough. The violence gets up from fists to knives etc. Who is really going to survive that.. it needs something extra on tap... like rage ?

gone off track lol.. maybe this should be in the thread on that subject.
    Last edited by rogerharris; 04-22-2014 at 08:25 AM.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    badgirrl will become famous soon enoughbadgirrl will become famous soon enough

Ok I get the hair loss stuff and its not pretty for a women at all. But how in the world did we get from that to explosive disorder? I guess sometimes when you weigh in it just escalates into well into who knows what! Or perhaps losing your hair gives you explosive disorder! Way to funny!
    Likes artemis liked this post

artemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond reputeartemis has a reputation beyond repute

@badgirrl

Some of these threads have a stream of consciousness all to themselves ...

Likes taralumia liked this post

kindness is a splendid one to beholdkindness is a splendid one to beholdkindness is a splendid one to beholdkindness is a splendid one to beholdkindness is a splendid one to beholdkindness is a splendid one to beholdkindness is a splendid one to beholdkindness is a splendid one to beholdkindness is a splendid one to beholdkindness is a splendid one to beholdkindness is a splendid one to beholdkindness is a splendid one to beholdkindness is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by rogerharris View Post
    im only guessing it would work. google Dihydrotestosterone baldness, thats the hormone thought to be responsible for baldness. Women dont have it... and orientals have the lowest amounts. Although thats not the reason.. DHT has been verified as a primary casual factor. Never heard of it as treatment.. its side effect might increase muscles bulk, veins or secondary male sex features.. if you make big bucks give me a credit !
    ohhhh hehehe. You sounded so official on it, I just assume it was something real! ha! Thanks for getting my hopes up!
    Likes snowy, Roz liked this post

snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    @kindness , I get a charge out of your posts
    Likes kindness liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by badgirrl View Post
    Ok I get the hair loss stuff and its not pretty for a women at all. But how in the world did we get from that to explosive disorder? I guess sometimes when you weigh in it just escalates into well into who knows what! Or perhaps losing your hair gives you explosive disorder! Way to funny!
    Haha I thought the same thing when I clicked on this thread I thought I ended up in the wrong one somehow. Still, it was an interesting topic. Since we're talking about Scottish people too, has anyone else noticed that Scots/Irish seem to bald all or none? Like they either have Craig Ferguson hair or be bald as a billiard ball.

speakerman will become famous soon enoughspeakerman will become famous soon enough

your lucky to have that my head shaved looks like a egg so that is not a option for me...... wish it was....

9. Quote Originally Posted by speedyjones2014 View Post
    I could sure use something to make my hair start growing again.....
    Dutasteride, Minoxidil, and occasionally Ketoconazole shampoo. Next question.

I have seen people get grafts only to see the hairline recede behind that point. Looks like "$hit" until they started taking what I mentioned and it actually filled back in. One guy starting this actually looks "semi"-normal again after 6 months or so and has regrowth in front of the graft line ;-) He looked like a disaster when he first started with a graft line that had a receding hairline behind it. And he now has a girlfriend finally. And yes, minoxidil can be used on the temple areas and frontal hairline.
    Last edited by amakaris; 01-04-2015 at 12:51 AM.

Japaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond repute

I need a drug to reverse grey hair, even my pubic hair has turned grey and I am only 44! I don't know if there is one but it would be useful, I dyed my hair until my mid thirties and then gave up as it was too expensive plus after a week you could see the grey coming though.

God curse my families genetics......

11. Quote Originally Posted by Japaholic View Post
    I need a drug to reverse grey hair, even my pubic hair has turned grey and I am only 44! I don't know if there is one but it would be useful, I dyed my hair until my mid thirties and then gave up as it was too expensive plus after a week you could see the grey coming though.

God curse my families genetics......

Pseudocatalase. Next question. :-P Look it up. It's cheap but takes a long time to work and works only partially and noticeable after 6+ months of use. It is actually used on people who have Vitiligo (Michael Jackson's disease) as well to regain pigment in their skin. I know you can get it on eBay in either prepared or raw form. It is not to be taken orally, but is something topical that can be mixed into a cream or lotion to be used 2-3 times per day. You may have to use hair dyes until it starts to have effect. Look at before/after slides to get an idea of effectiveness

anxietyiskillingme will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by steve12345 View Post
    I found that rogaine did little. If you look at any data from any company that has a hairloss drug you should look at their website to see more in detail. For instance Propecia uses the term" significant improvement" next to a picture that shows little mini hairs that were not there in the before pics. You honestly have to have a Atomic Microscope to see any improvement. I agree with the above poster about the jason Statham look. I got a Clipper at Targer from Norelco that has built in mini Vac and 1 ml adjustments and it is the best cut . I use a 4 ml cut ( like a 1 1/2 at your barber ). For my next I have those 6 inch elastics for hair. I put it around my neck and it is a clean straight line and I use a mirror and clipper again and then a twin blade razor to finish. 10 minutes and perfect and i save about $ 300 a year.
    Anyone had experience with Propecia? Know it it's any better or worse than Rogaine? Thanks.
    He who asks a question is a fool for a moment. He who does not remains a fool forever.

13. If you go to the " Dollar Tree" discount store they have hair dye that is just as good as the woman's Revlon stuff (the gloves they give you are junk). So for $ 1 a week it will work fine or $ 52 a year.

I have not used rogaine but have looked into it. My own personal research led me to decide not to bother. From what I read in many reviews, the summary is that rogaine is the best option over generic versions. If you have hair then it can be difficult to get the foam to your scalp. When you get it on, it is a greasy mess. It takes six months to work and from the before and after photos I have seen it works but the result is not as dramatic as I would like. There is more hair but not enough to bother for me. The side effects are minimized by reducing the dose, but again not worth dealing with for such a small hair addition.

15. I've been using a 10% minoxidil cream that I'd recommend if you're willing to apply every night. Most people laugh at me when I tell them I use it as I'm very early stages receding but still I notice the difference!! I'm 28 so still want to enjoy my hair but can't see myself doing this forever.

Haven't dared try finasteride as I'm too conscious of the side effects!

16. Hair transplant Google Karl Pilkington hair transplant will mane you laugh
    Likes SnowPenguin liked this post

COSGringo is offline Banned Reason: Reluctantly had to kick off COSGringo because he became consistently belligerent
    COSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond repute
    COSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond repute
    I'm not just a member of Hair Club for Men, I'm a liar.

Save your money. Go for the Mr. Clean look if need be.

Somehow I am still holding onto mine but you know hats look good if you dress right.

Seriously, try out a GOOD Fedora or perhaps a Derby. I like Fedoras though I have hair and I do hate to mess up my hair a bit.

If you ever go to the hat theme (I only wear them now and then), OWN IT. You have to feel comfortable in your hat(s) and you have to own it. Don't look back. I mean if you are balding a good degree try out a hat. Even a flat cap may work especially if you are a bit older, stout on top, pair it with a NICE leather jacket.

I do know how to look good, my mother had a hang up and I guess I got stuck with a tad of being overly conscious about my appearance. Even when I am using my walker as of late, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwood View Post
    Hair transplant Google Karl Pilkington hair transplant will mane you laugh
    I'm not sure if 'mane' is an intentional (hair pun) typo or if it's unintentional...

I checked out the video, and I've never seen Karl smile so wide ever before. It was cute.
    Likes Eastwood liked this post

19. Quote Originally Posted by SnowPenguin View Post
    I'm not sure if 'mane' is an intentional (hair pun) typo or if it's unintentional...

I checked out the video, and I've never seen Karl smile so wide ever before. It was cute.
    I can assure you I'm very dry and I don't wax my words my friend. Glad you enjoyed I did crease myself.

20. I came across an article that said micro tattoos have been on the rise. Basically, a tattoo artist puts dots all over your scalp to give you the look live you've just shaved your head.. but you still have a hair line.

Anyone have any experience with this? And I wonder if any tattoo artist could do it.. probably not a good idea to find out the hard way.

21. I need a drug that brings back hair.....lol
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2