NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1122 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: hair loss

finnder will become famous soon enough

Default hair loss

Dear PR members,

i would like to know,what is the main reason to loss hair,is it about the age or maybe is it a matter related to genetic.

i have been losing some hair lately and i think it is because all the stress that i am dealing with.

Any comment will be appreciated!
    Likes Smash liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    a balding person here,
    If it's not related to Testosterone, then it's temporary. Don't worry. Deal with the stress and your hair will grow back.
    Male baldness happens because some men(the unlucky ones like me), have follicles that are sensitive to DHT. These follicles die out permanently and your hair start falling. The most sensitive hair follicles to DHT are on the crown and temple area. This is where balding starts for most males.
    The best guess for your chances to develop baldness is a look at males from your mother side (though this is absolutely not accurate but if the males in your mother side have healthy hair then don't worry).
    Also your chances of developing male baldness reduce significantly after 25 yr if you haven't already developed it.
    Likes Ravenousbird liked this post

Smash is offline Banned Reason: Sent moderators rude PMs
    Smash has much to be proud ofSmash has much to be proud ofSmash has much to be proud ofSmash has much to be proud ofSmash has much to be proud ofSmash has much to be proud ofSmash has much to be proud ofSmash has much to be proud ofSmash has much to be proud ofSmash has much to be proud ofSmash has much to be proud ofSmash has much to be proud ofSmash has much to be proud ofSmash has much to be proud ofSmash has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by finnder View Post
    Dear PR members,

i would like to know,what is the main reason to loss hair,is it about the age or maybe is it a matter related to genetic.

i have been losing some hair lately and i think it is because all the stress that i am dealing with.

Hair loss can be stress related or hereditary. If clumps or abnormal amounts are brushing out, then it may be stress related or a skin condition on your scalp.

Male pattern baldness on the other hand is hereditary an can be inherited from either parents' lineage and your hair doesn't actually fall out. The hairs themselves slowly grow smaller and smaller each time a hair is shed and eventually they become so small it gives off the appearance that no hair is present, even though it is, it's just almost microscopic. There are treatments available that target certain areas of baldness, such as thinning on the crown etc but many are pretty expensive.

@famdy 's post is very informative
    Likes famdy, H20shed65 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by finnder View Post
    Dear PR members,

Could be stress but that's rare. Also a reaction to certain health conditions or medication side-effect. Also rare.
    Most often this is simply the result of genetics related to male pattern baldness.
    Luck of the draw.

Schredder will become famous soon enoughSchredder will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by famdy View Post
    a balding person here,
    If it's not related to Testosterone, then it's temporary. Don't worry. Deal with the stress and your hair will grow back.
    Male baldness happens because some men(the unlucky ones like me), have follicles that are sensitive to DHT. These follicles die out permanently and your hair start falling. The most sensitive hair follicles to DHT are on the crown and temple area. This is where balding starts for most males.
    The best guess for your chances to develop baldness is a look at males from your mother side (though this is absolutely not accurate but if the males in your mother side have healthy hair then don't worry).
    Also your chances of developing male baldness reduce significantly after 25 yr if you haven't already developed it.
    Yup, it is due to DHT. Theres whats called the 5a-reductase enzyme which is located in the hair follicle (among other things) and that enzyme syntesizes DHT. This process will over time will thin out and shrink the hair follicle if you have a lot of this enzyme. It is almost 100% a genetic issue. And like already stated most likely comes from your mothers side of the family.

High DHT levels alone will not cause hair loss, only once it is synthesized will it start to cause an issue to the hair follicle(s)
    Last edited by Schredder; 10-06-2015 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schredder View Post
    Yup, it is due to DHT. Theres whats called the 5a-reductase enzyme which is located in the hair follicle (among other things) and that enzyme syntesizes DHT. This process will over time will thin out and shrink the hair follicle if you have a lot of this enzyme. It is almost 100% a genetic issue. And like already stated most likely comes from your mothers side of the family.

High DHT levels alone will not cause hair loss, only once it is synthesized will it start to cause an issue to the hair follicle(s)
    and this is how you can stop balding from happening. Drugs like Propecia and Avodart work. They inhibit this enzyme and hence stop the process from happening. This DOES come with a variety of side effects like sexual side effects and gynecomastia. but not all side effects are bad: it helps preventing prostate cancer on the long run too. your best bet is to start with the lowest dose and monitor your hormones and breast size carefully (specially breast enlargment) since if it might be irreversible. but again don't worry we are talking about months (or even years) not days or weeks.
    The most successful way to address male pattern baldness is the one that has been working for millennia. Acceptance. Accept it and experiment with new hair cuts that match your male pattern baldness.
    Helpful HarryIrene, steve12345, Schredder Rated helpful

H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute

Cool Almost Life Like!

Yes, member @famdy is right on the money.

I too have Typical Male Pattern Baldness and probably started losing my hair at 28 or 29 I think.

I went ALL OUT and called HAIR CLUB FOR MEN.

98DB0601-83B0-4E2F-9BFA-46C56438FDF8.JPG

It's not cheap, and the barking can get annoying, but the Ladies Love It!
    Helpful steve12345 Rated helpful
    Self Appointed Forum Moderator ==> Click HERE to REPORT Suspected TROLLING!

dazhaz will become famous soon enoughdazhaz will become famous soon enoughdazhaz will become famous soon enough

I can verify the comment in post #2 is a good indicator, all 4 of my maternal uncles are bald and started losing their hair at about the same age I did (24). Coincidentally several years ago I worked for Merck Sharpe & Dohme who manufactured Finasteride, I even had the opportunity to manufacture some in a Lab as part of a training program, it's a very complex manufacturing process. I resisted them temptation to sneak some out for my own personal use though :-)
    Likes famdy liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by dazhaz View Post
    I can verify the comment in post #2 is a good indicator, all 4 of my maternal uncles are bald and started losing their hair at about the same age I did (24). Coincidentally several years ago I worked for Merck Sharpe & Dohme who manufactured Finasteride, I even had the opportunity to manufacture some in a Lab as part of a training program, it's a very complex manufacturing process. I resisted them temptation to sneak some out for my own personal use though :-)
    lol. is it tough to get finesteride? It's OTC here in Dubai (or at least propecia).

Lilone is a splendid one to beholdLilone is a splendid one to beholdLilone is a splendid one to beholdLilone is a splendid one to beholdLilone is a splendid one to beholdLilone is a splendid one to beholdLilone is a splendid one to beholdLilone is a splendid one to beholdLilone is a splendid one to beholdLilone is a splendid one to beholdLilone is a splendid one to beholdLilone is a splendid one to beholdLilone is a splendid one to beholdLilone is a splendid one to behold

I can definitely be caused by stress. 5 years ago I went through the absolute worst time in my life. My hair started falling out on one side and got very thin. The doctors took blood tests and everything came back normal. It was caused by stress.
    Helpful HarryIrene Rated helpful
    ~Lilone

HarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond repute
    HarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Watershed65 View Post
    Yes, member @famdy is right on the money.

I too have Typical Male Pattern Baldness and probably started losing my hair at 28 or 29 I think.

I went ALL OUT and called HAIR CLUB FOR MEN.

98DB0601-83B0-4E2F-9BFA-46C56438FDF8.JPG

It's not cheap, and the barking can get annoying, but the Ladies Love It!

I bet you do. I'm sure the ladies are gaga over it.

I was lucky...I had hair like Robert Plant until 42 or so, it Dreads quick..than the Salt and Pepa' came and the damn thinning....It was amazing it took that long with the life I have led. Oh well...whatta' you gonna' do..I figure the less chemicals in my body the better...I do take Biotin daily...Its good for you and it is supposed to help/halt and grow new hair (whatever) Maybe. It also supports your Protein and and Fat Metabolism - so whatever...I eat a lot of protein and build and tone..Cause' as we know with the thinning, balding comes other PIA stuff. So is life. .

The way I look at it is the way one carries themselves...Does it suck. Yup. But I really don't care. I wear a hat sometimes as well - always have on and off since I was a kid. Too me the hair doesn't make the Man. That's life. I feel bad for women who lose it..for us Males it's expected, most likely.
    Likes H20shed65 liked this post

13. "...I do take Biotin daily...Its good for you and it is supposed to help/halt and grow new hair (whatever) Maybe. It also supports your Protein and and Fat Metabolism "

A Doctor friend of mine told me that the reason Biotin was marketed as a hair grower is that when Scientists removed Biotin from Rats the Rats lost their hair (or fur). When they started suppliments of Biotin then the hair on the Rats grew back. Clever marketers soon advertised Biotin as the fountain of youth .
    Helpful HarryIrene Rated helpful

wintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud of

When my hair started falling out due to undiagnosed hypothyroidism, I started reading massive amounts of articles on female hair loss. Apparently, stress caused hair loss is extremely uncommon. If you are stressed and losing hair, it's likely due to a change in (or neglect of) your diet that may be causing a deficiency in vital nutrients like iron, the vitamin B's, omega fatty acids, the list goes on. Or the hair loss could be caused by medication you are taking for your stress.
    I would recommend visiting a dermatologist that specializes in hair loss. You may have male pattern baldness, thyroid disease, a nutrient deficiency, or side effects from a medication you are on.

15. Like my Dad I am losing my hair (lost most of it) and 54 yrs old. I would be more concerned if I was in my 20's . I tried all the products over the years and I found that all have sides. When the sellers of products say "significant improvement" that is a vague term. I recall the makers of minoxidal or other products having a picture next to the word "signifcant". This manufactuer really STREEEETCHED the truth. Unless you had a microscope you could not tell much of a difference. Signicant to me is at least double the hair I have. The best thing to do is a have a neat clean short haircut. I have a electric clipper and finish trimmer. Cut on a # 1 and have a tool to cut the reat hairline even. Worst thing you can do is a "combover".
    Likes HarryIrene, Ravenousbird liked this post

Ravenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond repute
    Ravenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilone View Post
    I can definitely be caused by stress. 5 years ago I went through the absolute worst time in my life. My hair started falling out on one side and got very thin. The doctors took blood tests and everything came back normal. It was caused by stress.
    @Lilone what happened long term? Were you able to get your stress levels down and did the hair come back?

Sorry if that's too personal, but I've a friend who is experiencing the same thing, and whilst I don't see the hair loss, he says it's more on one side then the other and he has been very stressed out the last 2 years.

Just curious what you did?
    Likes Lilone liked this post

dazhaz will become famous soon enoughdazhaz will become famous soon enoughdazhaz will become famous soon enough

Speaking as a male, if I am honest by baldness has never really bothered me, financially I could have afforded to have it treated if I thought any good would come of it but I think most of the treatments are a bit hit and miss unless you have a specific dermatological condition like alopecia. I did see a lot of trial data when I worked for Merck and even the best results from using propecia weren't what I would call amazing. I don't want to sound flippant but think what you will save on hair products and haircuts :-)

If you did want to go down the propecia route look into using proscar instead (used to treat prostate problems), it contains the same active ingredient but you would have to divide up the tablets to follow the dosing guidelines and is a lot cheaper.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by famdy View Post
    lol. is it tough to get finesteride? It's OTC here in Dubai (or at least propecia).
    Finasteride is basically Proscar, here in the UK both require a prescription.

18. Default Prozcar

There are many places that sell this product and it is 5 mg. I used a pill cuter to cut in 1/4s. It is pretty hard to cut in 1/5 s. It is cheaper than buying the 1 mg propecia. The pill cutters are available at Pharmacy for about $ 5 .

Lilone is a splendid one to beholdLilone is a splendid one to beholdLilone is a splendid one to beholdLilone is a splendid one to beholdLilone is a splendid one to beholdLilone is a splendid one to beholdLilone is a splendid one to beholdLilone is a splendid one to beholdLilone is a splendid one to beholdLilone is a splendid one to beholdLilone is a splendid one to beholdLilone is a splendid one to beholdLilone is a splendid one to beholdLilone is a splendid one to behold

@Shivashakti - no not too personal at all! I am very happy to say that I did get my stress level down. It took a good year for my hair to be thick again, I took my supplements every day and upped my protein. I bought a silk pillowcase and tried to be gentle on my hair. It is long and healthy.
    Helpful Ravenousbird Rated helpful
    ~Lilone

I don't know if anyone remembers the old myth that farmers used to rub cow sh*t onto their heads to treat baldness, where there actually may be some truth in this fact. When I worked for MSD, who patented proscar or finasteride, a chemist once told me that the active ingredient 5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone was originally extracted from glands of new born calves. I was never given the opportunity to see any documents that supported this (beyond my pay grade) of this but it sort of makes sense. Here's an extract from a study a stumbled across. Sorry if this upsets any vegans out there who use products like this but I think they now have found a way to synthesize the active ingredient, well at least MSD have since it went off patent.

Recent research has justified the presumption that the pineal gland plays a role in the regulation of the gonadal system in mammals. Evidence also exists for androgen receptors in pinealocytes. In the current study, our approach has been to assess the age- and sex-dependent nature of 5 alpha-DHT receptors in bovine pineal. Although no significant difference was noted between various groups of bulls, cows, peripuberal cows, and calves (male) for pineal weight, the cytoplasmic 5 alpha-DHT binding site/receptor content in the pineal gland differed significantly. While the males had a low androgen receptor concentration in the pineal (46 fmol/pineal), the females showed the highest (442 fmol/pineal). The peripuberal females without calves and calves (male) presented a 5 alpha-DHT receptor content in between (225 fmol/pineal; 138 fmol/pineal). When the data were related to unit weight of pineal tissue, the difference still existed. It is suggested that the concentration of cytoplasmic 5 alpha-DHT receptors reflects the cellular activity and they are inversely related. Further, low cytoplasmic receptors also indicate that most of it is confined to the nuclear sites, as generally suggested for other androgen-dependent tissues. In the light of these suggestions, it is possible that lowest cytosolic 5 alpha-DHT receptor concentration in the males, in reality, reflects a higher degree of cellular function and a high concentration of the receptors in the nuclear site. Similarly, the peripuberal cows and calves perhaps have more cellular activity in the pineal than the mature cows. The current investigation, for the first time, by directly estimating the androgen receptors/binding site in the bovine pineal gland, demonstrates the sex- and age-dependent nature.
    Likes Ravenousbird liked this post

Ravenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond repute
    Ravenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by dazhaz View Post
    I don't know if anyone remembers the old myth that farmers used to rub cow sh*t onto their heads to treat baldness, where there actually may be some truth in this fact. When I worked for MSD, who patented proscar or finasteride, a chemist once told me that the active ingredient 5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone was originally extracted from glands of new born calves. I was never given the opportunity to see any documents that supported this (beyond my pay grade) of this but it sort of makes sense. Here's an extract from a study a stumbled across. Sorry if this upsets any vegans out there who use products like this but I think they now have found a way to synthesize the active ingredient, well at least MSD have since it went off patent.

Recent research has justified the presumption that the pineal gland plays a role in the regulation of the gonadal system in mammals. Evidence also exists for androgen receptors in pinealocytes. In the current study, our approach has been to assess the age- and sex-dependent nature of 5 alpha-DHT receptors in bovine pineal. Although no significant difference was noted between various groups of bulls, cows, peripuberal cows, and calves (male) for pineal weight, the cytoplasmic 5 alpha-DHT binding site/receptor content in the pineal gland differed significantly. While the males had a low androgen receptor concentration in the pineal (46 fmol/pineal), the females showed the highest (442 fmol/pineal). The peripuberal females without calves and calves (male) presented a 5 alpha-DHT receptor content in between (225 fmol/pineal; 138 fmol/pineal). When the data were related to unit weight of pineal tissue, the difference still existed. It is suggested that the concentration of cytoplasmic 5 alpha-DHT receptors reflects the cellular activity and they are inversely related. Further, low cytoplasmic receptors also indicate that most of it is confined to the nuclear sites, as generally suggested for other androgen-dependent tissues. In the light of these suggestions, it is possible that lowest cytosolic 5 alpha-DHT receptor concentration in the males, in reality, reflects a higher degree of cellular function and a high concentration of the receptors in the nuclear site. Similarly, the peripuberal cows and calves perhaps have more cellular activity in the pineal than the mature cows. The current investigation, for the first time, by directly estimating the androgen receptors/binding site in the bovine pineal gland, demonstrates the sex- and age-dependent nature.
    Hmmm cow shite on me son's head??? I somehow think he'll take a pass. LOL

090216_manure.jpg
    Likes dazhaz, steve12345 liked this post

22. hair loss
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast