Thread: Ulcer Remedies?

Default Ulcer Remedies?

Hello All,

I just discovered that this group has a great herbal remedy section! Right now I'm suffering from a raging ulcer (a result of taking BC Powders for headaches because of not having any real headache medicine). Does anyone know of any good natural remedies for ulcers? I'm currently taking aloe vera gel, marshmallow root powder and chewable DGL Licorice. Normally, this works after a few days, but for some reason, this is a particularly bad ulcer and I'm still in horrible pain.

If anyone has a natural remedy they can share, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,
    Liz
    Helpful Gman Rated helpful

i've heard of eating raw cabbage and bananas... i know there are tons more ideas out there though... do you take probiotics? i would think they would be helpful in this situation. i hope you feel some relief soon!
    Helpful Gman Rated helpful

Hi @cherryx,

Thanks for the suggestions and well wishes! I hadn't heard that about bananas and cabbage, but I'll give them a try (I happen to have some here in my house) I don't take Probiotics in the pill form, but I do drink Kombucha daily, which contains lots of naturally occurring Probiotics.

I'll just be happy when this thing has healed, it's making me miserable on top of all my other pain issues :P

Liz
    Likes Gman liked this post

@lizzy222 kombucha is awesome!! better than probiotics! most people have no idea what i'm talking about when i mention it, so i'm glad to hear that you drink it daily! good luck!

@cherryx ~ Oh, I live off of the stuff! I try to drink it every day (love GT's brand) I make my own, too (have some brewing in mason jars on my counter right now, lol). Anyway, glad to meet a fellow ktea drinker!

6. Slippery elm bark has worked for me in the past but when in extreme pain I need tagamet. SEB is better for maintenance.
    Likes lizzy222 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by White Lioness View Post
    Slippery elm bark has worked for me in the past but when in extreme pain I need tagamet. SEB is better for maintenance.
    @White Lioness ~ I totally forgot about Slippery Elm Bark! It does help, and I think I actually have some here! Thanks so much!!

8. Hi Liz, you are welcome. Hope you found the SEB. Ulcers and gastritis are so painful! Let us know how you're feeling.

Gman is offline Banned Reason: Sent the administrator delerious PMs threatening to try to hack this site
    Gman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond repute
    Gman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzy222 View Post
    Hi @cherryx,

Thanks for the suggestions and well wishes! I hadn't heard that about bananas and cabbage, but I'll give them a try (I happen to have some here in my house) I don't take Probiotics in the pill form, but I do drink Kombucha daily, which contains lots of naturally occurring Probiotics.

I'll just be happy when this thing has healed, it's making me miserable on top of all my other pain issues :P

Liz

Shredded ginger and Kale may help...going through the same issues, ulcers from years of anxiety. pro biotic plain yogurt mixed with Metamucil also seems to help. Magnesium oxide is also something to look into

hope this helps
    sincerly
    Gman

Edit...make sure it is the magnesium oxide and NOT the citrate
    Last edited by Gman; 09-03-2013 at 02:25 AM. Reason: add additional info
    Helpful cherryx Rated helpful

tony1981 will become famous soon enoughtony1981 will become famous soon enoughtony1981 will become famous soon enoughtony1981 will become famous soon enough

Another useful herb is Holy Basil. Which I believe you can buy in supplement form. It is a natural H2 blocker, reducing stomach acid. Here is an abstract of an evaluation.
    Helpful lizzy222, Gman Rated helpful

I use baking soda gargles, or tipped on the ulcer, you can also try mouth rinse with hydrogen peroxide, which is not very comfortable but works. Hope it helps, and u soon feel better.
    *I might have been mistaken and you are dealing with stomach ulcer? If so, I suggest drinking whole fat milk many times a day, or your own prepared almond milk, which is a natural remely for a lot of problems.
    Last edited by merlot; 09-02-2013 at 08:55 AM.

strange, i replied to this thread days ago with some advice and since then have experienced some stomach problems myself after a few days of taking way too many nsaids. possibly not an ulcer, maybe just some inflammation. severe hunger pains- whether i'm hungry or not, heartburn, burning waves in my abdomen, sometimes they feel like "butterflies"- but more painful, and it feels a lot worse when i smoke, actually smoking has not been enjoyable for me at all, kind of making me nauseous as well as giving me stomach pain, which is very unusual. so i'm taking some advice from you all as well, whether this is pre-ulcerous or simply just an irritated tummy, i don't want it to get any worse.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    Shredded ginger and Kale may help...going through the same issues, ulcers from years of anxiety. pro biotic plain yogurt mixed with Metamucil also seems to help. Magnesium oxide is also something to look into

hope this helps
    sincerly
    Gman
    @Gman ~ Thanks so much! I'm sorry you suffer from them, too. They are sooo painful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tony1981 View Post
    Another useful herb is Holy Basil. Which I believe you can buy in supplement form. It is a natural H2 blocker, reducing stomach acid. Here is an abstract of an evaluation.
    @tony1981 ~ Thanks so much! I used to take Holy Basil a long time ago, but didn't know about it being an H2 blocker. I'll order some right now!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cherryx View Post
    strange, i replied to this thread days ago with some advice and since then have experienced some stomach problems myself after a few days of taking way too many nsaids. possibly not an ulcer, maybe just some inflammation. severe hunger pains- whether i'm hungry or not, heartburn, burning waves in my abdomen, sometimes they feel like "butterflies"- but more painful, and it feels a lot worse when i smoke, actually smoking has not been enjoyable for me at all, kind of making me nauseous as well as giving me stomach pain, which is very unusual. so i'm taking some advice from you all as well, whether this is pre-ulcerous or simply just an irritated tummy, i don't want it to get any worse.
    @cherryx ~ Sorry you are suffering, too The way you're describing your pain is exactly how my ulcers start. It feels like hunger pains, and when I eat, it will go away for a while. The second thing that happens is I start waking up in the middle of the night with pain. Then I KNOW it's an ulcer. I hope your tummy feels better soon. Mine is finally on the mend after a couple of weeks of treating it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by merlot View Post
    I use baking soda gargles, or tipped on the ulcer, you can also try mouth rinse with hydrogen peroxide, which is not very comfortable but works. Hope it helps, and u soon feel better.
    *I might have been mistaken and you are dealing with stomach ulcer? If so, I suggest drinking whole fat milk many times a day, or your own prepared almond milk, which is a natural remely for a lot of problems.
    @merlot ~ Thanks for the advice! Yes, it's stomach ulcers. I'll try the almond milk you suggested for sure!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by White Lioness View Post
    Hi Liz, you are welcome. Hope you found the SEB. Ulcers and gastritis are so painful! Let us know how you're feeling.
    @White Lioness ~ Thanks so much! It's finally getting better

Quote Originally Posted by lizzy222 View Post
    @cherryx ~ Sorry you are suffering, too The way you're describing your pain is exactly how my ulcers start. It feels like hunger pains, and when I eat, it will go away for a while. The second thing that happens is I start waking up in the middle of the night with pain. Then I KNOW it's an ulcer. I hope your tummy feels better soon. Mine is finally on the mend after a couple of weeks of treating it.
    thanks for the get well wishes! i've been laying off the nsaids for a couple of days, but had such a bad headache today that i gave in and took some excedrin because i didn't have any perc or hydro left. BIG mistake, worst stomach pain i've had since i started having these symptoms. so i know something is going on, i'm taking care of myself with a variety of remedies. i am glad you are starting to feel better!
    Likes Gman liked this post

15. Quote Originally Posted by cherryx View Post
    thanks for the get well wishes! i've been laying off the nsaids for a couple of days, but had such a bad headache today that i gave in and took some excedrin because i didn't have any perc or hydro left. BIG mistake, worst stomach pain i've had since i started having these symptoms. so i know something is going on, i'm taking care of myself with a variety of remedies. i am glad you are starting to feel better!
    @cherryx ~ I'm the same way, NSAIDS and other otc medicines like that will tear my stomach up. Out of all the things I tried this go around, I think Priolsec OTC and Marshmallow Root powder were the two things that helped me the most. I hope your home remedies will help, too! Feel better soon
    Helpful grannyof2boys Rated helpful

Gman is offline Banned Reason: Sent the administrator delerious PMs threatening to try to hack this site
    Gman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by merlot View Post

Coolpost @merlot
    Old school remedies like baking soda not only reduce stomach acid but also prolong and potentiate your benzos...makes your supply last longer

JMO
    Gman

Quote Originally Posted by cherryx View Post
    Nice post @cherryx

NSAIDS are very harmful to the the intestinal tract and a major cause of ulcers. I Use plain pro-biotic yogurt with a heaping table spoon of Metamucil about 45 min B4 taking my Arthrotec (Diclofenac with a buffer)
    Adds flavour and helps with constipation, also coats your stomach.

Works for me..
    Gman
    Likes RunRunRiver liked this post

liztaylor will become famous soon enough

There is a new store called 'Saje". I know that it sounds gimmicky, but a lot of their products really work. If you find a knowledgeable staff working there, use them for advice.

They have shared several life altering products with me that my old self would never had bought into!
    Henri Matisse: “Creativity takes courage"

19. Try L Theanine in CBD gummy form, always helps with my tummy troubles. Magnesium helps but must take with food. Also, you just have to eat the BRAT diet for a while and avoid coffee and alcohol and spicy foods. Sucks but it works

Oh! And try breathing. Sounds silly but it works especially the box breath. 4 in 4 out

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.