Thread: Corydalis for pain, sleep and health

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute

Default Corydalis for pain, sleep and health

Corydalis is a plant grown in parts of china, siberia and nearby countries. It is part of the poppy family of plants but does not have opiates in it, just related compounds. The part used is the root or tuber, extracts are often used to cut down on the amount of material needed to be consumed. The taste of the root is not great so its usually used as an extract in capsule or toss and wash, as they say

The main benefits are that its a sedative and pain reliever. It also helps with irregular heartbeat and is said to improve blood flow. It is non habit forming, does not produce tolerance and they say you can use it every day with no reduction in effect. I have found that you will get a psychological tolerance to most anything but thats what they say.

I've been trying it, started with some extract, bought a gram used it little by little and had a small effect. I then bought the purified extract which is a compound called l-thp. I took 100 mg and got a very nice effect. I take it mostly for sleep and it sure does the job. It made me very sleepy and I went to bed before my usual time. I woke up feeling refreshed The pain relieving aspect seems to have a duration of perhaps 6 or 8 hours because by morning my back was bothering me again.

I took the 100mg another time along with some other herbs and substances I use for sleep including kava and oleamide but the combination was less satisfying than the extract alone. Do not overdo the dose, I was going to start with 1/4 tsp which would have been several hundred mg but luckily I read where people said don't take more than 100mg at a time because the effects become unpleasant. 100 was plenty and I'm a hard head insomniac.

The stuff really works, if you have chronic pain I would say try it and see what it does for you. The pure extract (98%) costs $21 something plus postage for 10 gm from liftmode, a respected supplement company. 10gm is 100 strong doses. I see the less concentrated extract, perhaps 5x but its really cheap from bulk supplements. Look at the reviews on amazon, I always go there to read reviews then buy from wherever its cheapest, lol

I bought my purified extract on ebay, if I buy the less concentrated extract I will go directly to the bulk supplement website because they have a great deal on 500 gm for only about $36 if memory serves. Order a small amount with free shipping on ebay to see how it works for you then look into saving money in bulk. The less concentrated extract has a taste which you may not care for, its not that bad. You could cap it up if you cap your supps. The pure chrystals I bought seem to have little or no taste.

They say the pure l-thp has a pain relieving potency 1/10 that of morphine but morph is not very available orally, this is. It does not give euphoria, you will not get high like you might with conventional opiates and you can't take huge amounts without side effects so stay within guidelines. With the extract they give you a tiny measuring spoon in case you don't have a mg scale

Its best for chonic pain, not sudden or occasional pain. Great for sleep.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Thank you for this. I'll give it a try. I would much, MUCH rather use a legal and effective natural extract than an opioid for pain management and if it helps with sleep that would be a nice benefit. I'll report back on how well it works!
    Likes Gullible, heliarc, rainey51, Hymee liked this post

sonia is a jewel in the roughsonia is a jewel in the roughsonia is a jewel in the roughsonia is a jewel in the roughsonia is a jewel in the roughsonia is a jewel in the roughsonia is a jewel in the roughsonia is a jewel in the rough

An herbal combo remedy for my dogs has Corydalis as one of its main ingredients! My dogs are active terriers and have their share of chronic aches and pains. Its in a liquid from and they seem to tolerate it well. It seems to help their symptoms and they sure sleep like little pups! Don't have it handy to go over the other ingredients.....I'm not sure if it's within forum guidelines to mention brand names in a post, but if anyone is interested, feel free to PM me! Also, I'm nearly certain it's ok for cats.
    Helpful Gullible, rainey51 Rated helpful

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    @sonia its my understanding that we can talk about otc products freely. We are not supposed to mention vendors if they also sell scheduled items except in the senior section. But this herb is non restricted and the vendors do not sell anything scheduled.

If you get the not so concentrated extract you will have to take a lot more to get the same effect. For example 1/2 gm to 1gm to start. They will usually give you an amount to start with. For those who want to weigh out small quantities of something I highly recommend the gemini scale by american weigh. I got one on ebay for like $21 with free shipping. They work great for down to about 25mg. Below that it will be close but off by a few percent

I'm looking forward to other people's experiences with this. Anyone with chronic pain or discomfort should look into it. Or anyone with insomnia who wants to get away from benzos
    Helpful heliarc, Hymee Rated helpful
    Likes rainey51 liked this post

Has anyone tried it? @Ellyn how did it work for you? I'm still using it and it works great still. I try to only use it every 2 or 3 days so I won't get used to it and need more.

If you can only get the weaker extract keep in mind that brown is lowest in l-thp, yellow is better and the white crystals with a hint of green is the pure stuff. You may need a gm or 2 of yellow or 4 - 5 gm of brown or just 100 mg, 1/10 gm of 98% crystals. Start low and see how it works for you

Its also supposed to be good for the heart and arteries

Quote Originally Posted by Gullible View Post
    Has anyone tried it? @Ellyn how did it work for you? I'm still using it and it works great still. I try to only use it every 2 or 3 days so I won't get used to it and need more.

If you can only get the weaker extract keep in mind that brown is lowest in l-thp, yellow is better and the white crystals with a hint of green is the pure stuff. You may need a gm or 2 of yellow or 4 - 5 gm of brown or just 100 mg, 1/10 gm of 98% crystals. Start low and see how it works for you

Its also supposed to be good for the heart and arteries
    I haven't tried it yet, but do plan to do so in the fairly near future. I'll be sure to tell you how it works out for me. Before I order any I need to get some of those empty gelatin capsules to put it in, and something to measure with.

@Ellyn I do have a mg scale but its not needed. They give you a tiny measuring spoon. I find that 2 of the larger end level not heaping = 100mg. Might want to start with 1 spoon and see how it does. No need for capsules, it doesn't taste bad but does not dissolve in your mouth. I just toss it in back of throat and wash it down with water

For the not so pure extract, just do it the same way, toss and wash they call it. It doesn't taste bad but it is a little strong. 1 tsp of yellow or 2 tsp of brown might be a good starting point, or a little less. Its the crystals you have to use just a tiny bit of, they are off white, mine came from liftmode.

9. I would like to try this but I need to do a little research to see if I can take it with Zoloft and Valium. I have to taper soon off Valium and the Motrin/physical therapy/ bite on a bullet approach to my pain isn’t helping. This sounds very promising. Thank you for your research!
    Likes rainey51, blueroan17 liked this post

We are giving this stuff a try, my own preliminary results:

I would compare it to about 800 mg of ibuprofen on the strength and what it works best on. Muscle pain and menstrual cramping got noticable relief for about eight hours.

Doesn't seem to have a negative interaction with tramadol, though I was careful on the overlap. No mood effect other than a slight flat feeling.

Definitely got a sedative effect. And I can see why I have seen mention of it being a hallucinogen. I've mentioned my dreaming stuff on here before, but this stuff sent me into an incredible lucid dreaming state as I drifted off. So lucid that I would call them more hallucinations than dreams perhaps. Though sort of neat I have to be careful there. I will test a bit more but will limit it to bedtime alone.

11. I think I'm going to jump in and give this a go as well. I don't usually try every new thing that comes along, but
    I think this might be a good fit for me. Many thanks to @Gullible for the heads up and good info!
    Likes Gullible, Anne Onomis, rainey51 liked this post
    Nolite te bastardes carborundorum, b_tches!

Thanks @Gullible - You are a true wealth of knowledge
    Likes Gullible liked this post

I am going to have to look into this. Did you say the crystal are on amazon? I will be checking into this. Insomnia and that muscle tension from clenching my teeth and neck is a real problem and it causes me to have headaches.

the crystals are getting harder to find. You can always use the less concentrated extract and use more of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gullible View Post
    Corydalis is a plant grown in parts of china, siberia and nearby countries. It is part of the poppy family of plants but does not have opiates in it, just related compounds. The part used is the root or tuber, extracts are often used to cut down on the amount of material needed to be consumed. The taste of the root is not great so its usually used as an extract in capsule or toss and wash, as they say

I've been trying it, started with some extract, bought a gram used it little by little and had a small effect. I then bought the purified extract which is a compound called l-thp. I took 100 mg and got a very nice effect. I take it mostly for sleep and it sure does the job. It made me very sleepy and I went to bed before my usual time. I woke up feeling refreshed The pain relieving aspect seems to have a duration of perhaps 6 or 8 hours because by morning my back was bothering me again.
    Thanks, much, @Gullible. Based on this and another post of your that I read and asked a question about, I have ordered some l-thp capsules from Amazon to try out!
    Likes heliarc, Gullible liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by tycho View Post
    Thanks, much, @Gullible. Based on this and another post of your that I read and asked a question about, I have ordered some l-thp capsules from Amazon to try out!
    I have to try l-thp, too. I'm rotating Corydalis right now with CBD oil, Magnolia Bark and Devil's Claw with relatively good results..

So thankful for this forum/thread!
    Likes Anne Onomis, tycho liked this post

I try to steer people away from harsh pharm drugs into more natural herbs. I will be the first to agree that herbs can be harmful too, take hemlock for example, lol. The thing about herbs is they have been used for many years, usually thousands of years and we know pretty much what they will do and not do. A brand new drug that they bribed their way to fda approval could turn out very badly and even if not terrible like thalidomide or a few others, they always seem to have nasty sides.

Another great benefit of using herbs is they are always cheap, big pharma can't gyp the hell out of us since they can't be patented in most cases. They take 2 cents worth of a chemical and sell it to us for $20 and then raise the price next year. Then a few years down the road they are forced to recall it since so many problems came up.
    Likes Blackbird123, tycho, Anne Onomis liked this post

Longer term follow-up really the same as the initial results. This is good stuff, but it won't take the place of tram for me. However, a great supplement for nighttime - but only nighttime. If you test this stuff, do not do it when you have to drive or anything. Got to say, the dreaming/hallucinogen effect is pretty neat. If this stuff gets well known for that though, as I mentioned in another thread, its days will be numbered, at least in some states. Also, interesting aside, but since I can't swallow large capsules I'm just opening the things and drinking something down with them, and the stuff actually doesn't taste bad. Almost a note of chocolate or cinnamon to it I think.
    Helpful heliarc Rated helpful

I've been irregularly experimenting with the l-thp capsules that I got from Amazon. Thus far I am not really noticing much in the way of night-time results. I started with a single cap, then tried 2 caps several times -- all within the dosage suggestions of about 60 mg of l-thp. Rats...

20. Corydalis for pain, sleep and health