Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CBD Oil

1. It's one of the hardest things to go through, losing a pet.
    My dog is 9 and when she goes it is not going to be a happy day/week/month/year. However...my mom (late 70s) lost her 15 yo dog after Xmas and we found her a new one about 2 weeks later. The cure for lost pets is more pets. I plan on overlapping here pretty soon.
    Likes bluu liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    I just read a study about CBD that I found interesting. For anxiety, patients found relief with 300mg. If you ever bought this stuff, it is expensive. I use CBDDistillery full spectrum gels. Each is 30mg CBD. So according to this study, I need to take 10 pills! My bottle has 60 pills for $100. I also read that the placebo effect is real. I plan on doing some personal studies over the next few weeks maybe combining with gabapentin.
    Helpful peppergirl Rated helpful

Withnail is a jewel in the roughWithnail is a jewel in the roughWithnail is a jewel in the roughWithnail is a jewel in the roughWithnail is a jewel in the roughWithnail is a jewel in the roughWithnail is a jewel in the roughWithnail is a jewel in the rough

Hi all,

I recently tried CBD vaping oil for generalised anxiety disorder, here are my thoughts after about a couple of months of "every other day use"

To begin with I bought a 10ml bottle of 200mg/ml and was quite disappointed with it to be honest, I didn't feel any relief at all.
    Next I tried a 10ml bottle of 300mg/ml and again, felt pretty much nothing.
    I have read about the placebo effect but figured I'd try the 500mg/ml as a last resort. To my dismay I just didn't feel it doing anything at all for me.

Now maybe it's just me, as on several forums I have read about great results from CBD oil, but many times I have read that "some people" only notice relief at the much higher strengths, like 1500mg/ml.
    Bearing in mind that this stuff is Very expensive, I decided it wasn't for me.

Again, this is only my own opinion and personal view on CBD (I really wish it had worked for me)
    But everyone is different, everyone will have a different tolerance and maybe I just cave no cannaibidol receptors in my brain lol.
    Wishing you all the very best.
    Last edited by Withnail; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:17 PM.
    Helpful peppergirl Rated helpful

In my experience with CBD oils and topicals, the quality is everything. The stuff you can get at a gas station, vape store, or whatever random vendor are cheaper and have no real effect. If I take my time and find a reputable company to buy from, I experience pain relief. They are more expensive but, try to look for full flower presses. I've had better luck with low THC strains of flower than pressed from hemp for instance. I have cluster migraines, nerve and muscle pains-- all of which I experience about 70% reduction of pain with my strongest CBD oil/tincture ingested sublingual. The strongest most expensive one I have tried is also the best. I have spoken to the grower on the phone and know the formulators so I don't worry about the quality or what is actually in it.

CBD has no noticeable impact on my anxiety. For me there isn't a non-pharma solution to anxiety but I can mitigate it with some woo-woo but surprisingly effective brain trickery: aromatherapy, breathing exercises, randomized binaural beats, this very relaxing 10 hr song that I literally found by googling "most relaxing song"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfcAVejslrU
    Helpful sonia Rated helpful
    Likes Withnail, Utopiate liked this post

tommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant future

I get pretty envious reading how you get such easy and legal access to Mm oils and such,it costs a fortune here where its def not legal,oil helps me massivley but cant afford it regularly,i make sure i use the least i can to still get it to help.
    Drs in the UK have now been legally able to write a prescription for cbd oil for quite sometime,in all that time not one person has had a prescription written for cbd oil or similar,my gp refuses as well,she knows what i am going through but thinks talking will cure pain and nausea,guess what doc?it doesnt,buy as much oil as you can before the shitstem changes its mind and goes back to illegal.
    Likes jakemoe liked this post

unkn0wnkl0ne will become famous soon enoughunkn0wnkl0ne will become famous soon enoughunkn0wnkl0ne will become famous soon enough

There is very few options to make it any cheaper really and its just because the market took off, as it further develops it will get cheaper. But for the time being the only cheap option I have found is to purchase a isolate from somewhere like bluebird or somewhere that 3rd party tests their products.
    Also 300 mg's will have out knocked out for HOURS! even a dose as small as 20 mgs will make you tired. So recommended dosage is quite variable, most of the data is based on EPIDOLEX research which is just the governments attempt to corner the cbd market. anyways look around and to make a solution u can use something like olive oil or pg. Theres a calculator if u need help with the math just search google.
    ps they also have a Disabled and Low-Income program that give you products nearly at cost.
    So with bluebird I pay less than half of what anyone else anywhere on the web or in a physical location charges and I can read the test results which are often 99.5 and above.
    Just a bit of info for the uninformed
    Helpful notcharlotte Rated helpful

8. Can anyone recommend what to take for a good night sleep but no hangover? In Canada, marijuana is completely legal and the stores seem stocked with just about everything. Just have no idea what to purchase.

9. @Unknownklone, bluebird has a disabled and low income program? thanks for that information. do you use it for pain relief? i was wondering how it compared to pks.

cbd shops are opening all around me but the cost is unreal. my son bought me a 25 mg for $4. dosage for pain is 100 mg three times a day, so that is way out of my league. the 25 mg did nothing.

calgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by notcharlotte View Post
    @Unknownklone, bluebird has a disabled and low income program? thanks for that information. do you use it for pain relief? i was wondering how it compared to pks.

cbd shops are opening all around me but the cost is unreal. my son bought me a 25 mg for $4. dosage for pain is 100 mg three times a day, so that is way out of my league. the 25 mg did nothing.
    @notcharlotte (et. al.,) as someone who has near-deadly reactions to THC (I stop autonomic breathing, which is pretty effing problematic!), I have tried "clean" CBD products for both anxiety and for pain relief. I've had mixed results, but the better-quality products have really provided some relief, for me. In this case, I subscribe to the "you get what you pay for" contingent, and would strongly recommend that you try to find a high-quality vendor for your meds; there are so many out here now, who guarantee their product, that I can't even offer a suggestion (but don't buy your meds from a truck stop, lol.) Try to start with a liquid/concentrate so you can titrate your dosage, the gummies and similar don't have that capability. Once you know what dosage works for you, then you can move to other products with better knowledge. Best of luck to you!!
    Helpful bluu Rated helpful
    Likes peppergirl liked this post

Cbd seems to be somthing of a miracle treatment, and that’s hardly surprising given its usage from ancient times. I’ve read at least 10 studies in the U.K. now and it beats placebos over 85% of the time. It’s now available in capsules and vape, and seems to be good for everything from mild anxiety to back pain.

Dobre
    Rom
    Likes peppergirl, Blues liked this post

unkn0wnkl0ne will become famous soon enoughunkn0wnkl0ne will become famous soon enoughunkn0wnkl0ne will become famous soon enough

See that's the catch a lot of these places will purchase a product put their label on it and ship it out without even testing it.
    For instance there's a article from south Florida that tested all the CBD gummies. The most common brand hemp bombs came back with 2.2 mgs supposed to be 15. Although they lay claim it was made with an old method blah blah blah. Basically if you want to know what's in it make sure it has 3rd party lab testing done. It's not cheap so little places are less likely to do it. Any of them that legitimately do it never have a problem sharing that info with the consumer.
    If they don't have the testing on their site just ask. Most will have it linked in the product page. So make sure you know what your getting.
    A doseage for pain can vary, some days I found relief with 50-100 mgs. Usually that's more than enough for anxiety and sometimes too much. This is the hardest part due to the lack of research.
    I've been using small doseages to control convulsions, assist anxiety, and pain as needed. Although no complete pain relief is achieved, making it tolerable I find acceptable. If I forget I was hurting it's helping because I'm basically in pain 24 7 from an accident a couple years back. Friends are using much larger doses with no I'll effects but I can't comment on that specifically because I don't know the quality of the product.
    @notcharlotte compared to pk's is iffy, it won't kill pain but it will relieve it. And any relief without using pk's I find amazing.
    I recommend getting a quality product even of it's say 250 mg in 30ml and a 4mg dose per .5 ml and start with say 20 or 2.5ml and then work up to find what works for you. It has a long half life 16 or 32 hours but if feels effective for 4-8 hours I find.
    Hopefully some of this info helps!
    Last edited by unkn0wnkl0ne; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:47 AM.
    Likes Blues liked this post

One of my in-laws sent me a sampler of CBD gummies from Colorado that purported to have 7.5mg of CBD per piece, 100mg in the bag. I took 2 at a time, and slept like a baby. I didn't notice any of the trippy effects I get from my home-grow THC oils, but it was nice to have a week of deep, uninterrupted sleep.

Home-grow THC oils are a different animal. I only do those once in a while, as they pack a real kick and the effects linger into the next day. The first time I did one of these, I tripped balls and had the worst panic attack ever, I was sure I was going to hit the floor and stroke out in my living room. I've learned since to properly moderate the dose, you really have to be careful, a little is great, but take too much, and it will own you good.
    Helpful jakemoe, sonia Rated helpful
    Drug criminalization is modern-day slavery.

jakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by GreenThumb View Post
    One of my in-laws sent me a sampler of CBD gummies from Colorado that purported to have 7.5mg of CBD per piece, 100mg in the bag. I took 2 at a time, and slept like a baby. I didn't notice any of the trippy effects I get from my home-grow THC oils, but it was nice to have a week of deep, uninterrupted sleep.

Home-grow THC oils are a different animal. I only do those once in a while, as they pack a real kick and the effects linger into the next day. The first time I did one of these, I tripped balls and had the worst panic attack ever, I was sure I was going to hit the floor and stroke out in my living room. I've learned since to properly moderate the dose, you really have to be careful, a little is great, but take too much, and it will own you good.
    I relate to your experience with home grow THC oils @GreenThumb. I had a double dose due to my impatience in waiting for results and was sucker punched in the face with an unwelcome bad trip of which stayed with me in spirit the next day also.
    F**k the DEA

Farley will become famous soon enough

vaping IMO is going to be found ads being harmful and encouraging people to smoke. I hae never ' vaped' but on many occcasionI have used my friends, as the smell was nice and it was a fun thin to do. With regards toBBD oil,it dependswhat conditions you are using it for? For some it can make a HUGE impact, others not so much. think people will cancer havenothing t lose my trying it as long as they don't abandon traditional medicine.

Imma do a dose of hemp oil tonight just to cut myself away from the cluck for a bit. I took my last dose of pills yesterday morning, since then, I've just taken 30mg loperamide and a 50mg tramadol, so I feel pretty lousy. I just have to watch the dose, a bad trip now would be epic, but I do need to get away from this feeling.
    Drug criminalization is modern-day slavery.

I have tried two edible products I got for my partner's neuralgia. The first was little square crystals rated at 5mg each. The vendor (brick and mortar kratom shop where I live) insisted that this was the best available. It was highly documented with laboratory assays and processing descriptions. The effect was barely noticeable to me and ~20mg were required to get some pain relief. So, I didn't think it was a very good deal for the price and looked online. I ordered some little lozenges, rated at 10mg. The vendor was apparently quite reputable, mentioned on many other sites and also had laboratory documents available (but not prominent on their site). We both took one lozenge just to check them out and were just knocked on our butts! The brain fog was profound and I won't be taking any more unnecessary test doses of that stuff. My partner got complete pain relief for many hours just from that one dose.

I doubt that I will ever know the true ways in which those two products are different. Both were CBD broad spectrum and 0% THC. Both were consumed sublingually. No sugar in either of them and they were nearly the same price. But one was just a possible candidate to be a part of a pain relief cocktail and the other was the total package just by itself.

Hopefully other people in pain will find the right stuff from the right source and get the help they need. Don't give up if you think you may have gotten a dud product. Giving a different brand a try could make a very big difference.
    Helpful sonia Rated helpful

sonia is a jewel in the roughsonia is a jewel in the roughsonia is a jewel in the roughsonia is a jewel in the roughsonia is a jewel in the roughsonia is a jewel in the roughsonia is a jewel in the roughsonia is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by henrysdream View Post
    My dog is 9 and when she goes it is not going to be a happy day/week/month/year. However...my mom (late 70s) lost her 15 yo dog after Xmas and we found her a new one about 2 weeks later. The cure for lost pets is more pets. I plan on overlapping here pretty soon.
    I came on this thread because of the CBD topic and somehow your post came up. I don't believe in coincidences, so I feel I have to reply. I can understand how another companion animal can fill a void when one has lost theirs. But when my animals have crossed the rainbow bridge-at least in my current adult years-somehow I still miss them and the other animals in my household have not been a cure, as you say. how I wish. I don't think it's possible to love too much; perhaps I am too sentimental? It's all individual, I believe, how one deals with loss. I do notice how people overlap and get a young pet when their current one is getting older. I heartily endorse that. I wish you and your mother well with any new animal companions. I have frequently noticed an older pet being rejuvenated by a young "sibling" join the household. Maybe they are less lonely or something. In any event, I hope you personally don't have to face loss of your companion any time soon. May she stay strong and healthy!
    Likes Utopiate liked this post

sonia is a jewel in the roughsonia is a jewel in the roughsonia is a jewel in the roughsonia is a jewel in the roughsonia is a jewel in the roughsonia is a jewel in the roughsonia is a jewel in the roughsonia is a jewel in the rough

Maybe this might belong in the pet/animal companion section, but I have started using CBD for a few of my animal companions. They are older (10-14yrs.) active terriers and arthritis and other aches/pains can be a problem. There are a variety of CBD treats. I also use a hemp oil that I just drop in their mouths. It is made for animals; they don't seem to mind it, so it must be palatable. For all those considering using it for their animal companions, I would say it seems to be a safe thing to do. So far, anyway. I use small amounts. Usually it is recommended twice a day. They do get sleepy, especially with the hemp oil. But with my terriers, it's been a good break for them-and me!

Scanned this thread quickly and see there are a few of us discussing use of CBD for our furry friends. @luvn2dance, @LuckyIrish, @throwaway1231 I just posted above about using CBD treats and/or hemp oil for my dogs. They seemed to helped-at least not hurt. So far! I've gotten everything on line after researching a bit, also on line. Have many friends with animal companions and been surprised how often they balk at anything "pricey" especially if it's perceived as other than standard. Most even just buy the basic kibble, sorry to say.......Anyway, see folks have brick and mortar shops for such products. How lucky! Would be great to chat with someone about CBD etc. for humans, animals, etc. Haven't found any such treasures in my area yet.....so, in my humble opinion, so far I think CBD has been good for my dogs. Just the standard veterinary stuff recommended on line. Probably the best route is to start with the smallest amount possible and work your way up. Just the usual common sense. Good luck!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123