Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New tec for depression, high blood pressure, stress, epilepsy etc

Doc Rogue is a splendid one to beholdDoc Rogue is a splendid one to beholdDoc Rogue is a splendid one to beholdDoc Rogue is a splendid one to beholdDoc Rogue is a splendid one to beholdDoc Rogue is a splendid one to beholdDoc Rogue is a splendid one to beholdDoc Rogue is a splendid one to beholdDoc Rogue is a splendid one to beholdDoc Rogue is a splendid one to beholdDoc Rogue is a splendid one to beholdDoc Rogue is a splendid one to beholdDoc Rogue is a splendid one to behold

Pretty interesting reading, and I will probably do some more research before buying the unit and electrodes for the ears. And like Pinkflower mentioned in one of her posts, I also over the years have grown more cynical.
    In my specific case I tried for years to reduce pain through other methods than just popping pills. It got to the point where taking meds was just the easiest route. Takes a matter of seconds, took away the pain and gave me a great boost of energy.
    Fast forward 15 years later, and I’ve gone through the baby PK’s to my doc describing the harder stuff, and then maxing our on as many MG’s that he’d prescribe. And now the meds only take half the amount of pain away, and make me tired and lethargic, screwing up my mood and endorphins/ GABA to boot. Not to mention the damage I’m doing to other internal organs.
    So I learned the hard way that in the long run it wasn’t the answer, and I didn’t understand fully tolerance back then and how quickly you can mess that up. So it was back to searching for a more permanent solution, which right now is another med - non narcotic that seems to be helping tremendously every two weeks I get the shot.
    I’ve also would like to regulate my mood better, as I used to have endless amounts of energy, sleep very well at night, and not deal with really dark periods of depression from the pain and lack of energy.
    I also have high BP and high resting heart rate, and have had it most of my life. I could regulate the high BP in my 20’s & 30’s by eating better and maintaining a healthy weight. Now in my late 40’s that no longer works. I take Lisinopril now. It works well and I don’t seem to have any adverse effects from the med like some get, with the coughing etc.
    About a year ago I decided to change my portions and eat better consistently, and now weigh less than I did when I was 18, and have held this weight for nearly a year by changing those daily eating habits. Much to my surprise as I just previously stated, my BP didn’t lower this time. So for now I’m happy taking Lisinopril.
    This ear stim doesn’t sound horrible and I think the biggest hurdle I would have trying it would be the time needed doing it daily for the results I’d want.
    I recently took up your suggestion (I think it was your post) of trying some natural herbs to help out with the nerve and back pain while I’m on my trial of the biologic. Cordylis I think? It should be in today from Amazon.
    I’ve tried so many other natural remedies that I’ve become a bit jaded at said methods and non-controlled meds to help with the pain. It’s so much easier to just swallow some pain pills.
    But ultimately I’d rather do something more natural that helps add years to my life rather than subtracting years off. Good thread and I appreciate the detailed info. I don’t see it being the most popular thread on here because let’s face it, most are here to procure their DOC.
    Helpful M77, Gullible Rated helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Gullible View Post
    I got lazy and only used it about once a week then got tested. My numbers were something like 117/78 and 98 pulse which is within normal but pulse is too high and bp not as low as it was. So I used it last 3 days today my numbers are 99/65 and 75 pulse which I like a lot better

Just more proof that it works. Its also supposed to do a lot of other good things, reduce anxiety, helps with a lot of physical symptoms too. For an investment of $30 or so you can do the same thing
    @Gullible
    I know this isn’t the cheapest way to accomplish this, but the Apple Watch, 4, or 5, actually takes an ECG (same as EKG) and gives you your resting heart beat. I think some of the mini blood pressure devices might give you the resting heart rate, but they are cheap, and don’t last that long. I have gotten a few from chain drug stores, like CVS, and Rite Aid. Anyway, I got the stupid watch, and I never wear it, but I do use it to get my heart rate. It stores all the data, and gives you a picture of your ECG. Not that I have a clue how to read it, but I do like seeing it, for some reason. My heart rate is very similar to yours. I was actually shocked to get an 86, and even a 92, because I thought I was always over 100. It also warns you if it senses arrhythmia. As far as I’m concerned, if it told me I had an erratic heart rhythm, I would probably have an anxiety attack, before I could do anything about it, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

I have a tens machine, but I only used it for my back, and it didn’t help, so I have no idea what I did with it, but your report was interesting enough that I will probably get a new one with @pinkflower nipple clamps. I can actually watch in real time, with my stupid watch, and see if I can detect a lowering of my heart rate. As far as my blood pressure, I was always a tiny bit borderline high, so I take a med that I probably don’t even need, but my blood pressure is always low now, which bugs me, but keeps my doctor happy, so I guess better lower than higher!
    Helpful Doc Rogue, Danie Rated helpful
    Likes pinkflower liked this post
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

Doc Rogue is a splendid one to beholdDoc Rogue is a splendid one to beholdDoc Rogue is a splendid one to beholdDoc Rogue is a splendid one to beholdDoc Rogue is a splendid one to beholdDoc Rogue is a splendid one to beholdDoc Rogue is a splendid one to beholdDoc Rogue is a splendid one to beholdDoc Rogue is a splendid one to beholdDoc Rogue is a splendid one to beholdDoc Rogue is a splendid one to beholdDoc Rogue is a splendid one to beholdDoc Rogue is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by M77 View Post
    @Gullible
    I know this isn’t the cheapest way to accomplish this, but the Apple Watch, 4, or 5, actually takes an ECG (same as EKG) and gives you your resting heart beat. I think some of the mini blood pressure devices might give you the resting heart rate, but they are cheap, and don’t last that long. I have gotten a few from chain drug stores, like CVS, and Rite Aid. Anyway, I got the stupid watch, and I never wear it, but I do use it to get my heart rate. It stores all the data, and gives you a picture of your ECG. Not that I have a clue how to read it, but I do like seeing it, for some reason. My heart rate is very similar to yours. I was actually shocked to get an 86, and even a 92, because I thought I was always over 100. It also warns you if it senses arrhythmia. As far as I’m concerned, if it told me I had an erratic heart rhythm, I would probably have an anxiety attack, before I could do anything about it, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

I have a tens machine, but I only used it for my back, and it didn’t help, so I have no idea what I did with it, but your report was interesting enough that I will probably get a new one with @pinkflower nipple clamps. I can actually watch in real time, with my stupid watch, and see if I can detect a lowering of my heart rate. As far as my blood pressure, I was always a tiny bit borderline high, so I take a med that I probably don’t even need, but my blood pressure is always low now, which bugs me, but keeps my doctor happy, so I guess better lower than higher!
    Actually that’s pretty cool. Had a really good year business wise and can see myself getting the watch now, before I just didn’t think it worth the expense. And my wife being an RN, she would know how to interpret the data. I hate the high heart rate, not as much as having the high blood pressure though. I wish I had gotten on meds earlier, I’m concerned of the damage that may have happened to my heart & arteries.
    I also used to get lots of irregular beats, or arrhythmia, not so much now. Like where your heartbeat would skip a beat or two and then BAM, a really hard beat and then back to the regular fast heart rate. Would get super dizzy for a second and sometimes feel like I may pass out. When I’d get several a minute, like you mentioned in your post, it sometimes made me panicky and make it even worse.
    Lowering my caffeine intake has helped reduce that, and along with going on Lisinopril, it has helped lower my BP, heart rate and nearly eliminated the arrhythmia. I no longer hear/feel my heartbeat in my ears anymore either. Used to drive me nuts at night when I couldn’t get to sleep.
    Anyway thanks for the mention about the Apple Watch @M77 . I wish it would keep real time track of your BP as well, that would be even better.
    Last edited by Doc Rogue; 12-31-2019 at 09:27 PM.
    Helpful M77 Rated helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Rogue View Post
    Actually that’s pretty cool. Had a really good year business wise and can see myself getting the watch now, before I just didn’t think it worth the expense. And my wife being an RN, she would know how to interpret the data. I hate the high heart rate, not as much as having the high blood pressure though. I wish I had gotten on meds earlier, I’m concerned of the damage that may have happened to my heart & arteries.
    I also used to get lots of irregular beats, or arrhythmia, not so much now. Like where your heartbeat would skip a beat or two and then BAM, a really hard beat and then back to the regular fast heart rate. Would get super dizzy for a second and sometimes feel like I may pass out. When I’d get several a minute, like you mentioned in your post, it sometimes made me panicky and make it even worse.
    Lowering my caffeine intake has helped reduce that, and along with going on Lisinopril, it has helped lower my BP, heart rate and nearly eliminated the arrhythmia. I no longer hear/feel my heartbeat in my ears anymore either. Used to drive me nuts at night when I couldn’t get to sleep.
    Anyway thanks for the mention about the Apple Watch @M77 . I wish it would keep real time track of your BP as well, that would be even better.
    @Doc Rogue
    I take Lisinopril too. I used to take Coureg, but my cheapskate insurance company made me switch. They are the same thing, except Lisinopril supposedly causes some people to have a tickle in their throat. I never had that, so all is good. I didn’t know it was supposed to help with heart rate too. I know exactly what you mean about feeling your own heart beat. It drives me nuts too, but fortunately, it hasn’t happened in a while. Good luck if you get the watch!
    Helpful Gullible Rated helpful
    Likes Doc Rogue liked this post
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    I prefer non drug solutions to problems myself. Herbs are often better and this is completely non drug so no side effects.
    @Doc Rogue, Corydalis extract is good for pain as I said in another thread. I use the super high extract about 200x its 98%. If its only 10x you have to take a spoonful to do the job but start small and work up. It also helps sleep.
    @M77, if you have a tens just get the ear clip electrodes, about $8 a set on amazon or ebay. After a couple days see what your numbers are. Your pulse will go down and bp also.

I believe it also improves my mood somewhat. Not quite the same as a pill which we have been trained to prefer. Pill works fast, usually does the job. After a while the pills show side effects and you need a new pill to fix the old pill. Or they stop working and you need more.

I'm hoping soon this thread will be filled with people's experience on it, and not just thinking about using it haha.
    Helpful Doc Rogue, M77 Rated helpful

I prefer non drug solutions to problems myself. Herbs are often better and this is completely non drug so no side effects.
    @Doc Rogue, Corydalis extract is good for pain as I said in another thread. I use the super high extract about 200x its 98%. If its only 10x you have to take a spoonful to do the job but start small and work up. It also helps sleep.
    @M77, if you have a tens just get the ear clip electrodes, about $8 a set on amazon or ebay. After a couple days see what your numbers are. Your pulse will go down and bp also.
    @Gullible , apologies for high jacking the thread a bit, but my Corydalis extract came in yesterday and it is capsules, and at 10x (damn). I didn’t remember reading that you took 200x before. If you wouldn’t mind (and it’s allowed) Can you tell me where you order and what brand?
    I’m going to return the bottle I received, it wasn’t sealed and is missing 7 capsules.

As for the ear electrodes & tens unit, I think you mentioned previously in the thread where to buy and which brand you have on the clips. I just need to make sure they’re compatible with the tens unit I order. And at some point in the near future I will be able to add my own experience, and hopefully with positive results. If I’m extra fortunate maybe it will help regulate my blood sugar too - just had my yearly exam that our health insurance plan requires and I’m just over where it needs to be, and really don’t want to see my rates increase. Though that may be asking too much LOL.
    Again apologies for taking this thread another direction temporarily.
    Helpful M77 Rated helpful

@Gullible
    Thanks! I have absolutely no idea what I did with the tens thing I previously purchased. It was a nightmare putting the reusable adhesive nodes on my back, in the right place. But, I was determined to keep using it, until I saw if it worked. I didn’t pay too much for it, and I will just get a new one. The usage you discovered is a lot more beneficial, and certainly worth trying. As I do, I’m sure everyone appreciates you posting about this. We are trained to just go to a pill. Sadly, so are doctors. The pharmacy companies actually research what color to use, for specific items, such as capsules, and tablets. We are all guinea pigs, but some meds obviously do work, the question always being are the side effects worth the benefits. I am all for anything that can help, without ingesting chemicals! Thank you very much for starting this thread!

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    @Doc Rogue, 10x is pretty weak but enough caps should do the job. I use the crystals which are no longer sold on ebay or amazon for some strange reason. They are 98% pure and do the job. Also have no taste. I've seen it elsewhere on the net, do a search for it or hydropalmatine the active ingredient. Hopefully I spelled it right.

If not available then try the higher potency extract like 20x, 50x. The only downside is its a little strong tasting, not bad but strong so toss and wash if you get the powder. Powder is always cheaper. I almost ordered it from china, the crystals, but I figured customs would just grab it. I bought enough before ebay ran out to last me a good while.
    @M77, the tens units are almost always connected by a plug that goes into the tens and a 2mm pin at the ends which you put into the pads. But instead of that just put the pins into the ear clips. Both ebay and amazon have them. Just get whatever tens is cheapest, that seems to work. Its a dead simple device and I've seen them for $20

A friend of mine who has ms tried it and she says her blood pressure has gone way down. It was so high she could feel it and can tell that its lower now without even measuring but I'm sure the doc keeps track. He probably thought she was cheating on him with another doctor, lol. Nope, no drugs just the ear thing.
    Helpful M77, Doc Rogue Rated helpful

@Gullible
    Thanks! Going to find a new one now!
    Likes Doc Rogue liked this post

@Doc Rogue, 10x is pretty weak but enough caps should do the job. I use the crystals which are no longer sold on ebay or amazon for some strange reason. They are 98% pure and do the job. Also have no taste. I've seen it elsewhere on the net, do a search for it or hydropalmatine the active ingredient. Hopefully I spelled it right.

If not available then try the higher potency extract like 20x, 50x. The only downside is its a little strong tasting, not bad but strong so toss and wash if you get the powder. Powder is always cheaper. I almost ordered it from china, the crystals, but I figured customs would just grab it. I bought enough before ebay ran out to last me a good while.
    Yeah I’m still gonna look for something with a higher concentration along w/ the crystal form. The capsules @ 10x would mean taking 20 caps at a time once I work my way up to that dosage. Hopefully I can find something at least around 100x concentrate. Even 50x would be better than the 10x.
    I’m glad you mentioned you couldn’t find them on AMZN or eBay, I spent way too much time this afternoon looking there and not seeing anything. I was like “WTH am I missing?”
    Basically I saw that they have droppers as low as 3x, and capsules up to 10x from any source I thought had decent ratings or reviews. Guess I’ll have to broaden my search out a bit further.
    And not worried about the taste. I’ve toss & washed enough of the bulk Kratom I buy that I’ve gotten used to the foul, bitter flavor of the natural remedies. Regardless I appreciate the detailed info.

And @M77, I’m really curious if & when you get the unit set up and going to compare notes, and whether or not you can literally see in real time the results of the vagus stim on your Apple watch.
    Keep us posted!
    Last edited by Doc Rogue; 01-03-2020 at 05:55 AM.
    Likes M77 liked this post

I only use about 1/16 tsp of crystals maybe less so I would not take 20 of those caps at once even if they are only 10x. Bulk supplements has it dirt cheap but its not very concentrated. Look on the net you will find it.

I had a thread in the hypertension forum about this but the mods deleted it. Seemed like the best place for it but its not a drug and the forum says "drugs". So we have rules which must be obeyed if they make sense or not. Whatever. But few will see it here and many with hypertension will go to that forum instead.

I convinced a friend of mine to order a tens and the clips. She tried it yesterday and said her high bp of around 160 - 170 over 100 or so went down to the normal level after a 30 minute session on the right ear. She felt great all day afterward. Now she doesn't need drugs anymore.

Anyone here trying it? The clips seem to have gone up in price or the cheap ones are gone but the cheap ones were hard to keep on the ear. The more expensive ones, ($10) look to be better quality. The tens itself can be gotten dirt cheap, I see them sometimes for $10 or so but the ones that are $20 to $25 look like better quality. Use it forever free after that. My numbers this morning were 111 over 73 and pulse of 83 all of which are great.
    Helpful djrick, Stevo1 Rated helpful

Someone mentioned the time it takes to use it. It really takes no time at all because you can do something else at the same time like watch tv, read, talk, do paper work etc. You could use it while moving around or working out but a lot of movement might make the ear clips come loose, possibly. You can put the unit in your pocket or clip to your belt.

@Doc Rogue, did the corydalis work for you? It takes a good size dose if its the weaker stuff, 10x is very weak. But if you eat enough it will do the job even 5x. Have you tried the tens with ear clips yet? It will lower your bp guaranteed. Or at least it has worked for everyone I know who tried it and according to reports I read also. I only use it about 3x per week unless I feel stressed then maybe a couple or three days in a row. Then no need for drugs and we know all drugs have side effects. This only has good effects.

It will in general calm your system, aid digestion etc. I'm not sure which ear to use for other stuff since each ear does different things but I know right ear for heart, bp, and pulse. Left ear for mood lift and no doubt other things.
    Helpful djrick Rated helpful

SoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant future

Hello @Gullible and @pinkflower,

I just came across this thread and found it of the utmost interest.

My husband suffers from atrial fibrillation. High blood pressure and hypercholesterolaemia are of course its faithful companions. He was diagnosed in 2006, just in time to dodge a major stroke in the making. He has since then been put on a savant cocktail of medications.

I have to add that for as long as I have known him, he has always been very disciplined with his daily physical training.

His hypercholesterolaemia is a genetic trait. One of his brothers has been medicated for it since his early thirties. This guy is a physical activity freak who cycles 12 km to and back from work everyday until there is too much snow on the roads, spends his weekends on the ski slopes and is married to a phys ed teacher who cooks food heathy enough to lack in taste.

Our son had to get a blood test when he was 17 years old and his cholesterol was, to our surprise, much too high. Yet, he's another one who's tall and lean and he was, at that time, already a certified track and field coach.

To get back to my hubby, I believe that his medication should be reviewed : his blood pressure is too low, he is cold all the time, his hands and feet are icy, he feels weak, his heart beat is much too low and in the past year, his red cells blood count has taken a dramatic drop into the abnormally low. I think our family doctor is not attentive enough. My husband has taken it upon himself to extend the frequency at which is takes the blood thinning Xarelto and one of the beta-blockers, which are part of his drugs regimen. But he doesn't dare make too drastic a change.

OK. Now it's time to stop detailing my husband's medical history. I just wanted to brush a portrait of the situation before I asked my questions.

@Gullible

- Are you still "acupuncturing" your ears with electronics on a regular basis? Do your statistics show the same success rate?

- Were you medicated for your tachycardia before you started using the ear electrodes?

- If so did you stop taking the meds or did you reduce their intake?

[B @pinkflower[/B]

- Did you finally manage to find and purchase the right material?

- Do - did you - you use it?

- If so, did you find it helped with anxiety and insomnia?

Thank you and...

Take care,

ST
    Helpful Gullible, windowpane Rated helpful
    Likes djrick, M77 liked this post
    Some perfume always lingers on the hand that offers flowers.

@SoTired, yes I still use the tens device on my ears. When I use it less my bp and pulse go higher but not bad, when I use it more they go down to very good levels. I did not take any meds before using it nor afterward. I may be given a script since I have to go in because of some fibrillation they discovered in the hospital but for now taking nothing else.

It sounds like your husband is over medicated. BP that is too low is not good, coldness is a symptom and very slow pulse. I would not use this system on the ear now since his formerly high bp is now super low apparently. Many grocery stores have testing machines to verify that or you can buy one. He might be better off stopping some of those drugs or cutting way back. Yes I recommend a doctor visit pronto to see if the doc agrees.

Now if his high bp comes back then he could consider using the device since it works without drug side effects. But for someone with low bp and slow pulse I don't think it will help. It seems to push it lower which in his case is not what he wants. Not too high but not too low either.

I found some compounds and herbs that help with atherosclerosis but that is off topic so I will save it for another thread.
    Likes SoTired, windowpane liked this post

SoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Gullible;973539]@SoTired, (...) I did not take any meds before using it nor afterward. I may be given a script since I have to go in because of some fibrillation they discovered in the hospital but for now taking nothing else.

It sounds like your husband is over medicated. BP that is too low is not good, coldness is a symptom and very slow pulse. I would not use this system on the ear now since his formerly high bp is now super low apparently. Many grocery stores have testing machines to verify that or you can buy one. He might be better off stopping some of those drugs or cutting way back. Yes I recommend a doctor visit pronto to see if the doc agrees.

(...)^[QUOTE]

Thank you so very much Gullible. We have a tensiometer at home ever since my DH was released from the hospital 13 years ago.

My DH is like you. He takes his BP and heart rate faithfully every day. He enters his results in an Excel file and calculates a weekly average, which he presents to our doctor during his visits. He takes two different beta-blockers, which is most certainly too much, and explains a lot of his symptoms. That is my Dr.Wife's opinion.

I have to mention that Quebec citizens have access, on line, to their imaging and test results in a centralized system. However, the Dr. who requested those tests must have received them a month before we can have a look at them.

When our Dr. identifies an anomaly, he usually calls us in. I was extremely surprised - not to mention pretty annoyed - that, given the new and drastic drop in red blood cells and other incongruities in the analysis of my DH's blood samples, our Dr. did not react.

I called the clinic for a quick appointment. Our Dr. was not available for weeks but we were given an appointment with the clinic's "super nurse". The guy was knowledgeable enough, but he can't make a judgement calls the same way our family doctor could. For instance, he is allowed to renew prescriptions, but he will not modify their dosage or frequency. He did prescribed some iron and requested new tests. My DH finally has an appointment with our Dr. at the end of March.

He will certainly not change the dosage of his meds before he goes for the blood tests, as the results have to be aligned with the prescriptions as they are now. DH will mention TENS, especially that article about the University of Leeds on how it can improve the health of the hearth. But... I have a feeling that our Dr. will stick to his guns. I do hope, however, that he will make changes in the prescriptions.

We'll see what DH can try on his own after visiting the Dr., without putting himself at risk.

In any case, I wouldn't mind trying buzzing my ears to help with my ME/CFS and my chronic insomnia!

There are just so many on line, with very limited descriptions of the options they offer.

Thank you so very much. You've been very helpful!

Take care,

ST
    Helpful windowpane Rated helpful

I took the plunge and ordered a Twin Stim III, combining EMS and TENS for USD45. I had to buy the ear clips apart.

https://www.tenspros.com/intensity-t...bo-di3717.html

SPECS:
    • Unit combines TENS & EMS therapy for optimal treatment
    • Channels: Dual Channel
    • Pulse Amplitude: Adjustable, 0-105 mA
    • Voltage: Constant Current, 100-240V (AC Adapter)
    • Pulse Rate: Adjustable, from 1 to 150 Hz
    • Pulse Width: Adjustable, from 50 to 300 microseconds, 10µS/step
    • Wave Form:
    o
    TENS: Mono-phasic Square Pulse
    o
    EMS: Mono-phasic Square Pulse
    • Power Source: 1x 9-volt Battery, or Free A/C Power Adapter included for home use.
    • Timer: Adjustable in 1-minute increments between 1 and 60 minutes or Continuous. Treatment time counts down automatically.

There is also a Twin Stim IV available, but I believe that the extra $25 only gives me a rechargeable battery. With the AC adaptor supplied, I don't need the lithium battery.

@Gullible, here are the programs suggested for pain relief. Please let me know what you think and if any of those would be suitable for the ear clips.

TwinStim IV Programmes.jpg

You do know that you are most precious. If can manage to get to sleep without medication, I may even get through the whole night! You did mention that for that specific purpose, it's better to use it at least 3 hours before bed.

Should it happen that the TENS/NMES can't help me with insomnia, it will still remain a good investment, considering that I have bought and tried quite a few different kinds of sleeping pills that did not work for me at all. That was money thrown away.

Besides, I do have a permanent pain in one of my knees. I try to stay away form pain medication, even Tylenol and Advil, unless I have unduly strained my body. The pads might come in handy.

I can't wait to see how effective it will be for my husband. He's precious too, you know.

Take care,

ST
    Likes Gullible liked this post

@SoTired, sounds like you got the super deluxe unit. Can it also play you a tune while you use it? lol. 105 ma is way way more than you will ever need for the ears. Probably more than you will ever need for anything, but its there if you want it.

I have tried various frequencies, from 1 to 20 or 30 hz. It may not matter that much. I use 100 micro seconds and the power level very low. Mine has a dial and I turn it up to about 2 and can feel it so then I adjust it a little lower. I use a session of 30 minutes because thats what it was set for and seemed to work. You can see I'm very scientific about it Long as it works I'm happy.

Sorry to say it has not done much for my insomnia though some people have reported good results. Right ear for heart, pulse and bp. Left ear for other things, if you have two sets of clips like I do you can do both at once. I have seen reports saying it helps with tinnitus. I'm not sure if its helped mine or not, I just ignore it some people can some can't. Its supposed to help with digestion and other things. It calms your system down via the parasympathetic nerves.

As for your doctor, that sounds like the medical care they get in uk and some places. Wait until march unless its an emergency. You didn't say how low you hubby's bp was or pulse, does he get dizzy standing up? If you had told the office he was keeling over when he stood up they may have got you in sooner. If it was me I'd cut back on the meds without asking permission but I don't want you to do something wrong.

Your tens will help with pain especially muscular aches. Hopefully it will make you feel more calm and relaxed using on the ears.
    Helpful SoTired, windowpane Rated helpful

Precious @Gullible,

You are really most generous and I tremendously appreciate your help.

There is not enough science published about the different uses of TENS with ear clips. It is thus extremely helpful to be able to rely on "anecdotal" experiences on which to build my own trial and error path to the most efficient settings.

About our medical care system, it can be absolutely amazing once you've got a diagnosis. Getting to the "first line" is so terribly difficult. Family doctors are scarce and overworked. The same is true in Ontario. I don't know about the other provinces, as each province manages its own system.

But hey! We have access to PR and helpful people like you.

Gotta go. I really do try to keep a regular bedtime.

Take care,
    ST

My friend who had the high bp and tried the ears thing is still very happy with it. It brought down the level which was up to 160 or 170 and now she is able to cut back on the drugs the doctor gave her. She has been using it every day and feels fine. Yesterday she said her mom wants one too for her high bp.
    Helpful jaders Rated helpful

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast