Thread: Foul tasting Zolpidem; advice needed

Default Foul tasting Zolpidem; advice needed

Not sure if this is the correct forum but here is my question.

I got some Sandoz 10mg Zolpidem (I think) from European vendor. They came in well made blister packs. The pills are very fresh and are white oblong with no markings. I have used this vendor before and always got good quality and this batch seems to work OK.

However, they have a bad taste. I have been taking ambien/zolpidem a long time and never tasted any thing like this. The bad taste does not linger for long it is just very strange. It is tough to describe. It does not seem like the bitter metallic taste that people hate but more like that of a mild soap.

Thanks for any ideas or advice.
    Likes Farquhar001 liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Not advice, but ive had about 7 different brands and except for clearly bunk stuff from 24hourpharm, that tasted like chalk, they all tasted the same.
    Helpful NewarkCap Rated helpful

Quote Originally Posted by DB Dicey View Post
    Not advice, but ive had about 7 different brands and except for clearly bunk stuff from 24hourpharm, that tasted like chalk, they all tasted the same.
    Me too. I had many different brands and they all tasted the same. That is why I am a little worried about this one.

It could be zopiclone which is not available in US but often used in Europe. A half pill works so well but the taste can linger into the next day. I don't use it often but will put it inside a capsule to reduce the horrific aftertaste.

Quote Originally Posted by ethom View Post
    It could be zopiclone which is not available in US but often used in Europe. A half pill works so well but the taste can linger into the next day. I don't use it often but will put it inside a capsule to reduce the horrific aftertaste.
    @ethom
    That is a good thought. Any idea why they would go through the trouble of packing it as zolpidem?

Quote Originally Posted by ethom View Post
    If you (or anyone) knows, does Zopiclone have a markedly different taste from Eszopiclone (Lunesta)?

jannie is just really nicejannie is just really nicejannie is just really nicejannie is just really nicejannie is just really nicejannie is just really nicejannie is just really nicejannie is just really nicejannie is just really nicejannie is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by tycho View Post
    If you (or anyone) knows, does Zopiclone have a markedly different taste from Eszopiclone (Lunesta)?
    I have had both, definitely for me the Zoplicone is very bitter, taste did not last into the next day as others have had. Lunesta didn't do much for me, was genuine also. Zolpidem from India is crap chalk, stay away from that.
    Likes Farquhar001, NewarkCap liked this post

Zolpidem does have a dull slight taste, but nothing compared to the bitterness of Zopliclone. Some generic brands don't have the outer coating which is meant to protect the tablet till in hits your stomach, therefore with some brands you can get a slight aftertaste almost immediately but it doesn't usually linger, unlike Zopliclone which you can still taste the next day. I have had the sandoz brand before and found them to be good. If you have a gut feeling that these might not be genuine, maybe best to leave them.

Quote Originally Posted by Farquhar001 View Post
    I have had the sandoz brand before and found them to be good.
    @Farquhar001
    I find them to be affective but I was surprised by the taste. When you say "good" do you mean potent or not horrible tasting?

I thin I am going to put them aside until I get more info. Thanks for the feedback
    Likes Farquhar001 liked this post

11. I don’t know how to edit the biography yet, but I am writes Medical Doctor.!MD not DO, if you need advice ask I can consult. It’s funny with the taste of soundstage and all of the Z drugs patients always complained howncome they are so bitter that even after drinking and eating thy still have that foul bitter taste if you are talking about that taste, it’s a Ph balance in the mouth and reaction with coating or film depends what is used ER Zolpidem or regular IR. Some one said Sonata is bitter as a devil’s [sinep]. To detect Outity I have a few Nuclear Chemist friends and thy can only do it in the lab. If some one tells you they have a NIK test that can tell you the percentage SAMHA doesn’t approve neither of this claims as true. So if it’s too bitter ask me or sorry your Doctor to write you a script for Ambien Intermezzo, it’s a ODT Tablet with enjoyable flavor. I kept over 500 samples when I left lol )) among with others, so missed the 2000s when Purdue Reps used to come and bring those ehhh. Good times!!!

12. Intermezzo is a brand name for Zolpidem Tartrate. Just another manufacturer.

Many generics of Zolpidem have a coating that you can actually peel off and underneath the coating you will taste a slightly bitter tablet. It should not taste soapy, however. I have not seen that. I would find these tablets suspicious and avoid taking them.

Zopiclone, however, usually has a tell-tale metalic aftertaste, even the next day and causes dry mouth.

PR
    Helpful Farquhar001, NewarkCap Rated helpful

Quote Originally Posted by NewarkCap View Post
    @Farquhar001
    I find them to be affective but I was surprised by the taste. When you say "good" do you mean potent or not horrible tasting?

I thin I am going to put them aside until I get more info. Thanks for the feedback
    By 'good' I mean they done their job, in helping me sleep. Put it this way, I would select that brand over some others. I tend to half the tablets, that is how I discovered the slight bitterness they have, however if the tablet is taken whole then the taste shouldn't really be detected, unlike Zopliclone which can linger for days. If they taste soapy, I would avoid. Good luck.

14. Foul tasting Zolpidem; advice needed