NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 692 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: does marijuana affect Autoimmune disease

HIV/AIDS people swear by it as do some cancer victims. It absolutely stimulates the appetite which is usually a problem at that stage of the game. So much so that marinol was FDA approved and put on the market. I have a friend with a script for those. SWIM got really hungry and had a fun time eating. Never saw them on OPs or IOPs.
    Likes riverstyx liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    FYI, oral THC can cause eplipetic-type seizures in certain individuals. Espec if mixed with other analgesics. Depends on a person's tolerance and whether or not they're a long time user of cannabis.

cara will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by C N View Post
    my girl friend just found out she may have this and we dont want to make it worse cuz if she does have it its very mild and the doc said she could cure it with diet ect... so we r finding out what she is doing that could make it worse.

does marijuana affect Autoimmune disease in a negative way?
    There are a large number of autoimmune diseases but even without knowing which one your gf has I would be skeptical of any claim that they can be cured simply by diet.

Basileuz has a spectacular aura aboutBasileuz has a spectacular aura aboutBasileuz has a spectacular aura aboutBasileuz has a spectacular aura aboutBasileuz has a spectacular aura about

Real cannabis contains CBN, which is an anticonvulsant and helps reduce problems with convulsions from THC's effects.
    THC may actually help with some CNS-related auto-immune diseases.
    Helpful riverstyx Rated helpful

_jenny_ is offline Banned Reason: Caused too many arguments and made too many enemies
    _jenny_ is just really nice_jenny_ is just really nice_jenny_ is just really nice_jenny_ is just really nice_jenny_ is just really nice_jenny_ is just really nice_jenny_ is just really nice_jenny_ is just really nice_jenny_ is just really nice_jenny_ is just really nice

cannabinoids, specifically cannabidiol, bind cannabinoid receptor CB2, which is widely distributed in the immune system. whether or not this has any effect on autoimmune diseases i have absolutely no idea, but it does have an anti-inflammatory effect which is often associated with autoimmune diseases.

I was watching a documentary on marijuana and it seems that in the state of california it is legal to sell with a prescription yet it is still illegal federally. Can someone please explain how this is possible?

The shops in california they have paperwork that states they can sell it legally yet DEA comes and stills busts them and tries to shut them down constantly. Doesn't that law pretty much contradicts itself though.

I kind of find it a bit mind bothering though, If they are able to control this substance properly the government can make so much money by taxing this stuff, let a lone crime I believe would decrease because a lot of this crime is created because of the illegal distribution of marijuana and other drugs. Not saying that just legalizing marijuana would fix everything because their will always be cocaine crack and heroin but, it would bring peace to an extent only.

Just thought I would share what I had in my mind :

8. Hi,

It is an odd one hu? Each state has it's own laws regarding MJ. Some states it's legal, some it not. As far as the Government/DEA is concerned it's illegal everywhere.

Unlucky me, I live in a state where it is illegal. :-[

riverstyx is offline Banned Reason: Promoting a rival forum, spreading lies about this site
    riverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond repute
    riverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond repute
    i state unequivocally, that prayer, combined with medicinal mj, is the only method left for me to treat my illnesses.

on it, i can breath, swallow liquids, maybe eat a tad. and, i reclaim my ability to speak.

ok, yeah, it helps in these hero biker bars i have been dragged to. of late. with it, i can dance, using my half walker, and all potential fights stop. dead. or a chair works. to dance.

as i go down fighting, i beg our government to get the frig off our backs. what else can we do with MS?
    respirator vs. medicinal. not hard choice.

like the old nike commercial, for the love of god, just do it, dudes.
    Helpful renwick Rated helpful
    Likes billyboy, Saoirse liked this post

@riverstyx do you have a green thumb?

riverstyx is offline Banned Reason: Promoting a rival forum, spreading lies about this site
    riverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond repute
    riverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond repute
    no, cuz i rent one room. however, friends in low places. medicinal state right next to me. i put him thru rehab for his album. last summer.
    bumper crop. indeed. lol.
    Likes billyboy, ishmael liked this post

I don't think there is enough evidence that weed in its natural state will cause or worsen any autoimmune disease.... if weed makes her feel good then I say keep puffin.

renwick is a jewel in the roughrenwick is a jewel in the roughrenwick is a jewel in the roughrenwick is a jewel in the roughrenwick is a jewel in the roughrenwick is a jewel in the roughrenwick is a jewel in the rough

@riverstyx If this very old medicine helps ...

On MMJ, I would just end up ranting, but this wikipedia page sums up the benefits in about one sentence:

Medical cannabis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote from the page:

"The Cannabis plant from which the cannabis drug is derived has a long history of medicinal use, with evidence dating back to 2,737 BCE."

Ummm ... I think that when a medicinal herb is used regularly and often for about 5,000 years, there must be something beneficial. But apparently there isn't profit in it, so it's labeled schedule 1 (no medicinal purpose), and the population buys into it. Could rant a long time on the gullibility of the public.

Also, from that wikipedia page, I always thought this picture was indicative of how often cannabis was used medicinally (pre-1937):

301124efe6dc5e36ab - does marijuana affect Autoimmune disease
    Helpful crucibelle, riverstyx Rated helpful

but, i would contend, to officials of our lives, that it should be taxed. sold similarly to cigarettes.

it would boost the economy. create jobs. and, le, it would help ur dying sisters and mothers, brothers and fathers.

cool pics, and i thank u.

edit: shout out to @ishmael . don't think i have seen u in awhile. have a glorious new year.
    Last edited by riverstyx; 12-30-2011 at 10:41 PM.
    Likes billyboy, renwick liked this post

ishmael is a glorious beacon of lightishmael is a glorious beacon of lightishmael is a glorious beacon of lightishmael is a glorious beacon of lightishmael is a glorious beacon of lightishmael is a glorious beacon of lightishmael is a glorious beacon of lightishmael is a glorious beacon of lightishmael is a glorious beacon of lightishmael is a glorious beacon of lightishmael is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by riverstyx View Post
    edit: shout out to ishmael. don't think i have seen u in awhile. have a glorious new year.
    Thank You, @riverstyx ! The very same to you, yours, and ALL of the wonderful PR folks!!!!
    Helpful riverstyx Rated helpful

16. Quote Originally Posted by exponentially View Post
    Much recent research has pointed to the fact that cannabis has a suppressant effect on the immune system which is typically a negative for people with fighting infection and potentially, longer term, cancer development. One might extrapolate that this immunologic-suppressive effect would be beneficial in treating autoimmune diseases. Even so, much more research will be needed to be conclusive.

Immunologic-suppressive effect could explain the incredible relief that comes from cannabis when taken during a flare. Calms the flare right down, though only for a short period. It also feels like it's an inflammatory.

Smoking it is harmful without a doubt. Oral is good.
    Helpful steve12345 Rated helpful
    Likes rainey51 liked this post

17. Quote Originally Posted by Camel View Post
    Immunologic-suppressive effect could explain the incredible relief that comes from cannabis when taken during a flare. Calms the flare right down, though only for a short period. It also feels like it's an inflammatory.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HMMM . Interesting. I have Cancer (non hodgkins type) and started marijuana as a way to relax from the anxiety. My Cancer levels always go up at a constant rate and will have to undergo treatment on my next Doc visit.

What is interesting is that on my last visit my Cancer levels dropped 20 %. I heard from the Doc that it could happen but it will go back up and continue. If My Cancer levels continue to drop again It might be the Cannibus ?
    Helpful TurboV8 Rated helpful

18. does marijuana affect Autoimmune disease
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2