Thread: Hi everyone

Smokyfern has a spectacular aura aboutSmokyfern has a spectacular aura aboutSmokyfern has a spectacular aura aboutSmokyfern has a spectacular aura aboutSmokyfern has a spectacular aura about

Default Hi everyone

I'm here because I have severe foraminal stenosis in my spine. They want to do a spinal fusion at L4-L5 and and L5-S1 but I'm not convinced that surgery is the answer. I had a bad horseback riding accident over 30 years ago and ruptured the disc at L5/S1. I had a discectomy at L5-S1 back in 1988 which was successful, but now I'm having severe pain in the back and down my right leg. There is a lot of scar tissue that I think will give me a poor outcome, plus it's really expensive, they want to access the spine from both the front and back and I just think that's too much. I live alone and basically you are helpless for at least 6 weeks and maybe more because you can't lift anything and you can't bend or twist. Anyhoo... I'm trying IOP for the first time to get some generic that is not available because Pfizer sucks and is greedy. I really feel better about this and I'm glad I found this forum. I'm awaiting my first letter which is inbound to customs as of May 10.
    Likes Gibson, Travo131 liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    HI @Smokyfern welcome to a great Forum i'm sure you will find everything you need here and more.

Good Luck

Peace G
    Likes Katey, Smokyfern liked this post
    gees doc. i know what i need

4. Welcome, I am new here too. I used to love horses and riding with my wife. Unfortunately with my pain and trying to keep up at work they ate more field pets now lol.
    Likes Gibson, Katey, Smokyfern liked this post

Smokyfern has a spectacular aura aboutSmokyfern has a spectacular aura aboutSmokyfern has a spectacular aura aboutSmokyfern has a spectacular aura aboutSmokyfern has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the welcome. Its amazing to me what a large community this is. It's sort of indicactive of what a poor job the medical system is doing.
    Likes Gibson, Katey, jaders liked this post

Madmanmoonx has a spectacular aura aboutMadmanmoonx has a spectacular aura aboutMadmanmoonx has a spectacular aura aboutMadmanmoonx has a spectacular aura aboutMadmanmoonx has a spectacular aura about

Welcome @Smokyfern

Sorry to hear about your back problems. I hope you find this forum of help to you. It's great community and very supportive. Also a great place to find information and hopefully meds you may need. All the best for the future
    Likes Katey, Gibson, Smokyfern liked this post

Katey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond repute
    Katey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond repute
    It's sort of indicactive of what a poor job the medical system is doing
    @Smokyfern - Oh how right you are! I rode horses too, I was lucky not to severely injure anything but the usual aches and pains from riding and getting older. Welcome to the PR forum, I think you'll enjoy being here. Good luck on your 1st letter.
    Likes Smokyfern, Gibson, Keith K Stone liked this post
    "Nosce te ipsum"

ludwig1961 has a spectacular aura aboutludwig1961 has a spectacular aura aboutludwig1961 has a spectacular aura aboutludwig1961 has a spectacular aura aboutludwig1961 has a spectacular aura aboutludwig1961 has a spectacular aura about

Hello there, and welcome! This group of good people will help you anyway they can. Sorry about your back, and I hope your letter will help.

djdsk8 is just really nicedjdsk8 is just really nicedjdsk8 is just really nicedjdsk8 is just really nicedjdsk8 is just really nicedjdsk8 is just really nicedjdsk8 is just really nicedjdsk8 is just really nicedjdsk8 is just really nice

Welcome Smokyfern!

Sounds like your in the right place, I hope you receive everything you need! Glad to have you with us.
    Likes Smokyfern liked this post
    Patience is not simply the ability to wait - it's how we behave while we're waiting.

DocBrown is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about your health problems. I hope we can help! Everyone here is super friendly

11. Hey @Smokyfern ,
    I'm new as well. And have very similar back issues. I've had L4 L5 fuzed twice because the first surgeon I went to was incompetent. Getting that surgery was one of the dumbest things I've ever done in my life. I would advise you to avoid it as much as you can. Finding online vendors has been a godsend for me.
    Good luck!
    Likes Smokyfern, meadowlark liked this post

Thanks @Kuichangcaine . I intend to stay away from surgery, but I'm curious about yours. How long did you have to have help to take care of yourself after surgery? Did they do it from the front or from the back,? My surgeon wants to fix the L5-S1 disc from the front because its bone on bone and then he wants to put some screws in the back while he's fixing the L4/L5 level. That's a lot of surgery and although I agree with the approach, I'm not sure it's going to fix my pain.
    Likes Travo131 liked this post

13. Hi everyone