Thread: Hi folks

Default Hi folks

Hey guys, well time got the better of me before I got to introduce myself, so here goes. I’m Rom, I’m a semi retired physician (I’m happy to give advice on any medical matters) I started out many years ago in the old USSR, then Lithuania once the iron curtain fell. I moved to the U.K. with my wife 3 years ago, as such English is my second language. I consult for a few charities here in the U.K. which is very rewarding. I’m on here because over zealous GPs here r refusing my wife the medication I know she needs. It’s a sad state of affairs. I probably didn’t help matters when I went to an appointment with her to tell them how to do their job lol. But needs must and this forum is proving invaluable already, so thanks for that.

Dobre
    Rom
    Likes songsiren, trish5959 liked this post

2. Hello @Rom. How sad that doctors don’t want to give your wife medication, but if you licensed you can do it right? Or it’s a hard to get medication and if you don’t mind to say what it is? As long as this is not violating anything, I don’t see any rules about discussing doctors who refuse prescribing medication. My mother past away and she had pain, but she was always tough lady and worked hard, so she need her pain medication which was very innocent dose, but she could no stand Tylenol, but some doctor sent my mother to do an extensive allergy blood work and it said that she was not allergic to Acetaminophen in any way and probably is a drug seeker and want hard core meds, or course it was not written in the report, but hind like “observe for potential drug seeking behavior due to patient chronic pain issues, also she was in the pharmacy one day and it was a day 29 and Pharmacy people said “It’s too early to fill she said that she will be working long hours the following day. They just said ask someone to get you your meds. She broke down in tears, and pharmacists said that she won’t be able to fill it at all because she always trying to fill it early. How is that possible ? Anybody know is there a set government or DEA rule how many days must pass 28 or 30 before meds can be filled since we have what 6 months that have 31 days, but you only get 30 days worth of supplies if it’s controlled. So much bureaucracy and micromanaging that just makes people depressed. Welcome Rom. Nice to meet you. I wish you were our family doctor you spun like a good guy.
    Likes Romanov liked this post

Hi @Enthusiastic85 yes I am still licensed and I can consult and advise family members, but the BMA takes a very dim view if I were to prescribe any drugs for a family member... even aspirin! I’m sorry to hear about your mother. In my opinion people diagnosed with chronic and acute pain should be given appropriate meds, 99% of the time opiates. Life is hard enough managing pain without getting into protracted debates with your doctor to get what you need, only to made to feel like a drug abuser. I’m not sure what the rules r for refills in the states, but here in the U.K. u can pick up your refil 2 days b4 your current meds r scheduled to run out.

Dobre
    Rom
    Likes trish5959 liked this post

Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    Hi Rom you should be able to find what you need.
    Where it might get tricky is with British customs.
    They do have country specific forums on here somewhere.
    We can't talk about it here since this in the general section.
    Good luck.

Thanks @Roz Yeah customs I’m expecting some problems at customs, more so now that Brexit is underway. But like u say, with a little bit of fact finding in the appropriate forums I’ll hopefully glean the basics

Dobre
    Rom
    Likes Roz liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.